Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 499, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like I'm giving him the oppurtunity to sort me and explain his read and he's like "nah you're scum I won't talk to you"

so it's not really a "he doesnt have time to engage" or real life time issue - it's just he is actively choosing to not sort or engage and instead just make declarative statements and lamist.
is this actually scummy?
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 525, Dannflor wrote:
In post 499, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:like I'm giving him the oppurtunity to sort me and explain his read and he's like "nah you're scum I won't talk to you"

so it's not really a "he doesnt have time to engage" or real life time issue - it's just he is actively choosing to not sort or engage and instead just make declarative statements and lamist.
is this actually scummy?
I'm not Pooky but I feel like what Scol is doing is NAI.
I also don't feel like Pooky is scum because he feeis genuine.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Toto »

Scol emotions towards unwnd dont make any sense to me if he’s town. All this if x then y crap reeks of scum logic.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 358, Toto wrote:It would help if someone else tried to figure the game out. Val and Skitter seem to be on a nit pick contest. I like unwnd more recently but I get the sense they are good scum and can pull this off.

Scol seems to be the only one doing some actual thinking and has some sort of town stance. Everyone else is perma afk
In post 527, Toto wrote:Scol emotions towards unwnd dont make any sense to me if he’s town. All this if x then y crap reeks of scum logic.
It's a good thing toto is the ic and I don't have to figure out if this is genuine.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Toto »

Like how the hell you dont think unwnd is naive and gullible and not scum trying to get you killed is beyond me.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 529, Toto wrote:Like how the hell you dont think unwnd is naive and gullible and not scum trying to get you killed is beyond me.
I could ask you the same question about pookythebear. The difference is this:
In post 458, unwnd wrote:No no I'm fine with playing this out actually and like your perspective (of all fucking things)

VOTE: Scolosis
In post 459, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:hyyyyyype

VOTE: scol
It was pookythebear's vote who created the flashwagon, not unwnd. Pookythebear didn't vote me until he saw that unwnd was doing it first. I feel like you fail to understand the significance of this, toto.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Toto »

Why can’t it be s+s or why can’t pooky be wrong town and unwnd scum pretending to be convinced?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 519, Dannflor wrote:pooky why are you scum reading me
because scol is the type of player that I would expect you to have commented on if you're town but you haven't mentioned his name even once and that feels like how you would treat a partner who is being difficult to deal with.

your takes this game feel like the lack the kind of depth and precision I'd expect from you if you're town - they are more or less surface level and tonight is really the first time you've actually engaged into the game and it feels like a game state where you+scol are coasting and not really suspected would fit that play from you/scol scum team as you don't need to really get your hands dirty because there's no real pressure.

similarly scol just slots you at neutral and that's strange to me because it should be strange to him the way you enter this thread if he's town - it's like neither of you are very interested in each other.

the way you're pushing back on the scol wagon rn actually feels very teamed to me.

For comparison:

You enter the thread at 161:

The leading wagon is 4 church/2 herta/2 gera and you're just kind of nonchalantly strolling in and saying you think church is town because reasons you don't want to say and throw out a "solve" then vote unwnd.

Like is like p much just stereotypical scum strolling into a game thread that he doesn't see any need to do anything because townies r getting voted and no stakes are involved and its early so who really cares right?

compare that to how you enter here when the votes are on Scoli:

Differences are night and day - you come in with a big push against Herta - pretty standard chainsaw attack and you withhold your read on me because you're not sure whether you can get me to back off your partner or whether he will go down in flames today. If anything it's not a great look for you if I say you/scoli are partners together and you just immediately jump to chainsawing his direct main pusher who susps you and him because that's more or less suicide for your team.

and an issue is that you have never even expressed an opinion on Scoli prior to today - he's just completely missing in your iso. Instead of expressing why Scoli is town or explaining a town-read and disagreement, you are trying to attack Herta and doubting the reasoning without explaining why it's wrong - the argumentation you use is to narrow down into one element of the case and say oh well that's not actually scummy without examining the complete body of work from scoli and explaining what you think is actually
townie
about the slot. the way you kick into motion when you recognize the danger that if I flip Scoli today I could easily come after you tommorrow feels night and day different from the way you entered thread when Church was at 4 votes - there's actually stakes in this for you here.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 pm

I guess if you want the TLDR dann scum case it's that I expect Dann!Town to care about the direction of dayplay and he hasn't felt like he's cared in the ISO I skimmed and there's a giant glaring hole where Scoli is and as soon as Scoli is under actual pressure he pops up and starts caring.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

Before I continue finishing my response to toto, I want to comment that is a great example of what I look for in a townie wallpost and is a great example of what I look for in a scummy wallpost. Let me go take some screenshots to attach to my post to show you how credible I am.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:44 pm

are you going to actually explain thought process or just say "screenshots scummy"
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:49 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 529, Toto wrote:Like how the hell you dont think unwnd is naive and gullible and not scum trying to get you killed is beyond me.
In post 531, Toto wrote:Why can’t it be s+s or why can’t pooky be wrong town and unwnd scum pretending to be convinced?
The first question is good.

It's not s + s on principle that scum don't try to pocket other scum. Scum can try to pocket town or vice versa, town can try to pocket town, but the dynamic between pookythebear and unwnd means that they can be deduced down as a pair unless there is some really unusual reason you have to the contrary.

For your second question,

I already explained why it makes more sense that unwnd is the town and pookythebear is the scum in . The logic really doesn't get much more clear than that. If you won't think about what I'm saying then you won't understand:

If the wagon were to go through on me, unwnd and KT would look worse than Pookythebear, because they were the ones who voted first. The fact that pookythebear waited to switch his vote onto me until after he saw unwnd vote me is a sign that pookythebear knows I will flip town and unwnd doesn't know I will flip town. Also, it's significant in a game of this size for a wagon to move from 2 to 3 votes and this is something that I expect scum to be more prepared to take advantage of than town.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:57 pm

I'm trying really hard to see things from your POV but I can't quite get there.

Scoli let's imagine for a moment that you are town and you scumread Pooky and Skitter. [Those evil animal scum!]

You have your vote on Skitter.

A person that you townread[let's say unwnd] comes up to you in the thread and says "hey I don't think Pooky is scum because
reasons

You explain to Unwnd, well your reasons are bad because _____ and here's why I think Pooky is scum.

That person then says to you "hmm I guess you have a point!" and then votes for Pooky putting him at 2 votes - which is more votes than Skitter.

Do you at this point.

(A) vote for Pooky who you believe is scum and put him at 3 and work towards getting this person you think is mafia eliminated

or

(B) keep your vote on skitter solo and just nod at Unwnd and say "Good day sir"
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by unwnd »

I know this back-and-forth doesn't need my input but I'm not sure if pooky buries himself on a mislim on you, scol?

Maybe pooks disrespects me that much that he thinks I wouldn't immediately throw his thread credibility out of the window if you're town
Stop
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:08 pm

what back and forth the dude has literally taken a vow of silence when it comes to interacting with me

i do want your opinion on my danncase tho
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by unwnd »

And it's not just cause he has a scumread, it's just the way he's gone about it. The position he finds himself in. It's not like his slot was being closed in on. This thread had little direction until Pooky came in. That is honestly rare form from him, especially considering the circumstances. I really would like you to debate the prospect of why scum would behave this way. This isn't D4 where Pooky needs to secure a mislim (or get himself out of a bad spot), it's D1 where we know fuck all.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by unwnd »

Your dann case gets my noggin joggin

I feel more comfortable keeping him null because I'm just not ready to give up the ghost on herta. Your reasons are the equivalent of 'trust me bro' and when I voted scol I was doing exactly that. However, I think Dann has a good point. Why is Herta exempt from his muted perspectives and unwillingness to clarify?
Stop
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:20 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

Unwnd if you're town I suggest you re evaluate how you think about this game on a fundamental level.
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by Freedom »

I feel like catches my eye in terms of the observations made.
While Scol made a great point on Dann, I don't think that it's fair to call Pooky's wallpost scummy without explanation.
Pooky's post was pretty clearly supposed to be a scumcase on Dann.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

I need you to elaborate more scol. I'm not going to feel bad if you get yourself killed because of hubris.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by unwnd »

Your immediate response to two or three votes (four counting IC) was pretty much 'oh well town sux you know my reads peace'.

The only reason I unvoted is my unfinished business with Herta and me trying to decide how I feel about your egotism
Stop
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 543, Freedom wrote:I feel like catches my eye in terms of the observations made.
While Scol made a great point on Dann, I don't think that it's fair to call Pooky's wallpost scummy without explanation.
Pooky's post was pretty clearly supposed to be a scumcase on Dann.
Pookythebear's wallpost shows a fear to post in the thread and a need to be accepted which dannflor's wallpost does not. Pookythebear's wallpost is intended to confuse and bloat the discussion while dannflor's is adding to it. If you can't see it for yourself then there isn't a lot I can do to help.
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 545, unwnd wrote:Your immediate response to two or three votes (four counting IC) was pretty much 'oh well town sux you know my reads peace'.

The only reason I unvoted is my unfinished business with Herta and me trying to decide how I feel about your egotism
Are you even town unwnd, or am I just completely off track with you? You've made several awful posts in a row which I could swear look like you're scum egging on Pookythebear and I.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:29 pm

Post by unwnd »

I've asked you to elaborate three times now and instead you want to throw potshots at me. I know this might seem like a impossible task, but get yourself straight
Stop
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:30 pm

In post 546, Scoliosis wrote:Pookythebear's wallpost shows a fear to post in the thread
it's difficult for me to believe these are real thoughts going through his head and not just the product of an AI generator giving him random shit to say.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”