Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:04 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

scum!syndesis is dead zzzzzzzzz no reason to lynch her today when if;
A) she's town and we get a clear
B) she's scum and we lynch her with no significant disadvantage as compared to if we had lynched her today
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 1948, I Am Innocent wrote:Syndesis is scum, this unvote by Vedith has me very concerned about this slot now...
I don't care how you read my slot, and you crying because I'm not voting there also means shit to me. If you expect to scare me there, you're really trying it with someone it won't work on.

Syndesis looks like town giving up, not scum giving up.
Why go with the claim to just go "meh, lynch me"?
I wanted a fresh head after my games night tonight to vote there, but your attitude to it makes me reluctant to vote there again regardless.
I claim scum \o/
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:12 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Please define the difference between "Town giving up" and "Scum giving up"

As for the claim, it may have been as simple to buy him one day, maybe get one more mislynch and set to LyLo before being lynched himself. As for the meh lynch me, scum Syn has two options. Start playing, which would be contradictory to his play this whole game "wah wah, I can't figure this out". OR instead it allows him to continue to give ZERO reads outside of the two people scum reading him the most. Which do you think scum Syn would do.....yeah the latter right?

As for crying/expecting to scare you, I don't give a crap. If Syn gets lynched, which I surely hope he does, I expect to be a top NK candidate as I've pushed Syn harder than anyone all game, so I want my reads out there. If there was a bus vote on Syn, it was yours. I thought it when you made it, and you jumping off only solidified that. So call it crying, call it trying to scare you, I call it making sure people know my reads on players before I bite the dust.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:15 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

IAI, what is the difference between:
D3- we lynch syndesis!scum
D4- we lynch town

and
D3- we lynch town
D4- we lynch syndesis!scum
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1949, I Am Innocent wrote:Town vig Syn WOULD suggest lynching one of {BTD, Mario} and shooting the other if the lynch flips town.
Both you and TwoFace have done this today and it's not a particularly effective way of scumhunting unless you know someone extremely well - I don't think that this is the only possible play from a townie like you're proposing despite agreeing with you that there are too many power roles claimed.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Mario, is mush the only candidate you can think to lynch? Doesn't mush getting replaced invalidate your earlier argument against him?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:39 am

Post by TwoFace »

I may have done it, but that wasn't a factor on my read of syn. Syn is scum because her play suggests she is. Just like btd's play suggests he is scum.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Syndesis »

In post 1945, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1941, Syndesis wrote:maybe I'm just extra stupid today but this doesn't really parse?
If Dany is scum and you are town claiming one-shot vig, I think he's afraid that you will shoot him and doesn't give you the opportunity to shoot like he was doing before. Does that make sense?
Oh.

Thanks.

Hmm.
In post 1946, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1942, Syndesis wrote:thinking it might be better to just lynch me today?
Please hold on. I understand your frustrations because I am certainly feeling of it myself, but please continue to push on if you can.
I mean, I will, but I don't know how much more I can take.
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 am

Post by TwoFace »

Love that new Wilson Phillips remix.

don't you know things can't change
Things won't go your way
don't you hold on for one more day
things won't go your way
don't hold on for one more day
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:58 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1955, Nachomamma8 wrote:Mario, is mush the only candidate you can think to lynch? Doesn't mush getting replaced invalidate your earlier argument against him?
there are other people i want to lynch but i mainly want mush's head
i mean we can wait for the replacement
i don't want to lynch town here actually because it's an almost guaranteed town loss- not sure exactly who it is although the syndesis wagon is pretty bad
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1953, MarioManiac4 wrote:IAI, what is the difference between:
D4- we lynch town

and
D3- we lynch town
Because if we lynch syndesis scum today, it enhances our chances of hitting scum D4. We can clear some people that are not likely to have been syn's teammate, and have a better feel for who was protecting/ignoring syn earlier in the game.

In the second scenario, who do we lynch. Do we stay within the power role claims in case syn really isn't scum? Do we lynch outside of power roles in case syn is scum (maybe the only scum/we really do have 5 power roles)? Do we lynch someone that has been protecting/ignoring syn in case he is scum?

Too many questions, all it takes is town to be divided on one or two of them and we mislynch again. No the proper play is to take the safe bet. Money is on syn, we regroup D4 with a mislynch hopefully in hand still.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:29 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 1954, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1949, I Am Innocent wrote:Town vig Syn WOULD suggest lynching one of {BTD, Mario} and shooting the other if the lynch flips town.
Both you and TwoFace have done this today and it's not a particularly effective way of scumhunting unless you know someone extremely well - I don't think that this is the only possible play from a townie like you're proposing despite agreeing with you that there are too many power roles claimed.
If I'm a vig and I have a 50/50 chance of hitting scum, or 100% chance at night assuming the other gets lynched, you don't think that's a good play?

You also don't think town syn would be suspicious of AT LEAST ONE of Bt6 and Mario? Like for realz, you really think Syn thinks there are 6 town power roles?

He's still ignoring this fact...
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME ONE TOWN THING SYN HAS DONE ALL GAME?!?!?!
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1912, MarioManiac4 wrote:(He's literally just sitting back, voting mislynches and allowing the game to unfold without even giving opinions. Sometimes the simplest explanations are the best ones and we should apply Occam's Razor to mush's neck.)
This was your explanation for your mush vote from before, Mario. I think that it's a considerably less compelling case when mush replaced out; shows that the "sitting back" and "allowing the game to unfold" pieces pretty obviously didn't have an alignment-indicative agenda behind it unless you think he wouldn't be that inactive as town. Do you think that it still applies?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1959, MarioManiac4 wrote:i don't want to lynch town here actually because it's an almost guaranteed town loss- not sure exactly who it is although the syndesis wagon is pretty bad
So who are your suspects? Do you think that there are guaranteed scum in the PRs? What is your read on Vedith? What is your read on IaI?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1961, I Am Innocent wrote:If I'm a vig and I have a 50/50 chance of hitting scum, or 100% chance at night assuming the other gets lynched, you don't think that's a good play?

You also don't think town syn would be suspicious of AT LEAST ONE of Bt6 and Mario? Like for realz, you really think Syn thinks there are 6 town power roles?
The numbers you're bringing up are not real numbers. Yes, you're absolutely correct in your assumption that there is probably one scum in the PR claims, but for someone who is not very engaged in the game and is struggling forming reads it is not a guarantee.

You're also misrepresenting Syn's approach to the game (which is massively unhelpful) - she is not saying that she is incredibly confident that Mario and BTD6 are both town - she is saying that she's not very engaged with the game and she doesn't know who is scum, which means that your implication that she doesn't have doubts on either of them is wrong.

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1960, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 1953, MarioManiac4 wrote:IAI, what is the difference between:
D4- we lynch town

and
D3- we lynch town
Because if we lynch syndesis scum today, it enhances our chances of hitting scum D4. We can clear some people that are not likely to have been syn's teammate, and have a better feel for who was protecting/ignoring syn earlier in the game.

In the second scenario, who do we lynch. Do we stay within the power role claims in case syn really isn't scum? Do we lynch outside of power roles in case syn is scum (maybe the only scum/we really do have 5 power roles)? Do we lynch someone that has been protecting/ignoring syn in case he is scum?

Too many questions, all it takes is town to be divided on one or two of them and we mislynch again. No the proper play is to take the safe bet. Money is on syn, we regroup D4 with a mislynch hopefully in hand still.
in the second scenario, we lynch syndesis under all circumstances
also there is another option you missed; d3- we lynch scum d4- we get a clear/another scum
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:49 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1964, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1959, MarioManiac4 wrote:i don't want to lynch town here actually because it's an almost guaranteed town loss- not sure exactly who it is although the syndesis wagon is pretty bad
So who are your suspects? Do you think that there are guaranteed scum in the PRs? What is your read on Vedith? What is your read on IaI?
my suspects right now are mush and IaI
idk about Vedith, haven't seen much AI from him, didn't like Ingeel, could vote him but don't want to
i don't think scum in this pr's is guaranteed but it's likely and it's probably syndesis
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1960, I Am Innocent wrote:all it takes is town to be divided on one or two of them and we mislynch again.
You imply that town being divided means that town is going to mislynch.
Town is divided right now - does that mean we're going to mislynch?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1967, MarioManiac4 wrote:i don't think scum in this pr's is guaranteed but it's likely and it's probably syndesis
Why do you think it's probably Syndesis?

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 1969, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1967, MarioManiac4 wrote:i don't think scum in this pr's is guaranteed but it's likely and it's probably syndesis
Why do you think it's probably Syndesis?
her tone doesn't feel genuine
defeatism is overdone
vig claim is weird
idk why she didn't claim sooner if she had a PR
idk why she didn't shoot already if she was vig
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:53 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

pointless discussion though because we get a public cop check on her n3
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:54 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

i don't see mush as having clear town motivation is the point here and replacing doesn't really fix that
although i guess i do still want to see what the replacement says if we get one
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1962, I Am Innocent wrote:PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME ONE TOWN THING SYN HAS DONE ALL GAME?!?!?!
I think that the one-shot vig claim + talking about giving up and letting herself get lynched looks townier than not.
I think that her generally being uncomfortable with voting Mario is something that's far likelier to come from town; as it stands right now, he's the likeliest counterwagon to her lynch and if she was scum with a claim to buy her one more day then you think she'd be more amendable to getting him lynched.
I think that her refusal to vote is also townier than not; there's no real scum motivation to refuse to vote as long as she did when it knows it's going to get people to push her insanely.

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:02 am

Post by TwoFace »

If she's scum she doesn't actually want a mislynch. She knows she's dead tomorrow with a mislynch. She is painted into a corner right now and doesn't know how to get out.

Sure getting another mislynch helps her team but ultimately hurts it. She would probably prefer a lynch outside of the Pr claims.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”