Mini1147-Royal Mafia at the Round Table (Game Over!)

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Maxous »

Apologies all, I was away for a bit.

Javert claims a Day-Vig says he is going to use it and Ender votes for him. This ability is easily provable.
What is the reasoning here? Javert cracked under the suspicion of not-answering questions and claimed a Day-vig to clear himself?

Next is scum trying to stay alive(Under virtually no pressure and an easy power to be caught lying about)
2) and 3) He's town but he's being a dick. But not really mafia though.

Votes Neccessary Evil for lurking - Lurking is a common way for mafia to throw suspicion on somebody.
It turns out this was'nt Lurking based on posts but based on the time from the last post - again...scummy. It's not based off content of posts
A couple of posts later he acknowledges lurkers are not always scum. But he voted for somebody because of it.
My top pick

EA's repsonse to Me=Weird was not answering his question and looked like a dodge.

Post 73 Ender defends EA from a question by Prosaurus
Post 156 EA defends Ender with the basis that scum don't get this emotional(they can fake it) or that he would be antagonising over a Day-Vog this much.
On the second point.. Javert seemingly suspects Ender(based off his vote). He claims Day-Vig, he says he is going to shoot. One would assume Ender is currently top of his list. Mafia Ender would be far more worried about Mr. Day Vig than Town Ender right at this moment.
Erratus Apathos wrote: Ender obviously did not weight the three possibilities equally. He clearly favored the scum-Javert situation, and felt the town-Javert situations were unlikely. This should be apparent to anyone taking an honest look at Ender, but it didn't occur to NE.
The implication I got was the he voted because Javert was "being a dick". He made an excuse for him.

EA votes for Prosaurus - okay the reasoning the was plausible.
However Ender voted for the same person with the same reasoning in the next post

These two would be my pick for mafia. Seem like a team. Individually Ender looks more suspicious than EA.
I will hold off voting Ender to avoid putting him at L-1
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Juls »

Maxous, pardon me,but that's a big case of what everyone else has said about ender. Do you have a comment on anyone else in the game? ender is obviously an easy target right now.

And FYI, I will tunnel the crap out of anyone that pushes us to night before Javert has an opportunity to prove his ability.
-------------------------------------
Juls
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Juls, all I can say is that I normally say cases like that. Check any of my recent games. But what about it seems scummy to you?
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Post by Maxous »

@Juls: I read through the thread and I picked out the two people that seem the most suspicious. I realise others agree that Ender is suspicious (hence the 5 votes).
I don't have a third suspect at this moment
Unless you're asking for my town reads?

BTW why the heck should Me=Weird be attacking people?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Maxous »

Oh nevermind, that question was asked above :/
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Oso »

Back from a day with some friends. Skim read and didn't see anything right off the bat that changed since my last. Will do a better read and post something.

One thing that did jump out at me is that I will second is Juls caution not to do anything that will end the day prematurely, and by that I mean before Javert can take a shot. Even putting Ender at L-1 could end the day if he self votes.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by ender241 »

Oso wrote: Even putting Ender at L-1 could end the day if he self votes.
Why exactly, would i self-vote???
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

That's right people! I might be horrible at mafia but i'm a lucky shot.

Taking pre-ins for Smallville (Seasons 1-3) mafia!!
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Javert »

ender241 wrote:If you want to DayVig you should wait until we have pretty much confirmed scum.
I'll find out what he is tonight.
ender241, I hope you're getting around to explaining this.
"I was born with scum like you."
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

nooo
that's rolefishing
what answer are you expecting? "I'm the cop"?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Post by ender241 »

I'll explain my role when i am required to (eg. if i am L-1).
Show
Fenchurch: Also ender's logic in vigging me was bad because even if I had self-protected, it wouldn't have lasted through the day. I would have had to make myself dayvig immune for that. But ender got lucky
again.

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Post by Javert »

ender241, you are not
going
to be put at L-1 because then you might self-hammer in the hopes I cannot get off a DayVig today. For the purposes of this Day One, being at L-2 is equivalent to L-1. If you fail to explain your statement, you are definitely subject to an immediate DayVigging. You put the statement out there; now you are being asked to explain it.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by ender241 »

Dayvig me then.
Show
again.

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Javert »

Cute.

Maxous just recently said he was going to refrain voting for you to prevent you from being put at L-1. Therefore, even without my DayVig ability, you should consider yourself to effectively be at L-1. Believe it or not, I don't want to kill you if you are Town, and I am not going to DayVig you out of "pride" or my increasing annoyance with you. But continual refusal to claim in the hopes that you will be put at L-1 when there are obvious reasons for you to
not
be put at L-1 is not helping you.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:28 am

Post by Maxous »

Actually,
@Javert: How are you going to go about this? Day-Vig somebody who is about to be lynched(effectively giving the town 2 lynches today) or will you use your personal discretion about who will be killed regardless of the amount of votes on him?
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Javert »

That will probably depend largely on the vote count and whether or not people are willing to unvote. As I said earlier, my DayVig
will not
reset the vote count. That said, the number required to lynch will be 7 both before and after the kill, but I would still rather not DayVig somebody if that is going to leave another player at L-1.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Rhinox »

Back. Read through the posts I missed once but I do need some time to process.

I noticed Javert claimed day vig. Probably a gambit. I'm not too concerned about it if its not, as it seems like his shot would not end the day or change the number to lynch causing an inadvertant hammer.

I don't understand the reasoning for sudden wagon on ender. maybe I'll figure it out in the processing, but if someone can give me the bullet point run down I'd apreciate it.
Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Oso »

@Rhinox

May main point is here: Basically boils down to what I see as slip. Several references, in my opinion, to him not believing Javert's claim but then acknowledging that he "..cant kill all off us."

My secondary reason: Javert posted here. Point #1 is close enough to what I was thinking of Ender's vote of Prosaurus that I didn't even try to put it into my own words really. Just quoted it and added agreement to it in my vote post.

EA has a post here worth looking at. Sheds a better light on Ender's actions.

At this point, I don't agree with EA's assessment though.

One other point of note. Ender may have made a soft claim here: Right before his NE vote
"I'll find out what he is tonight"
. For my part, I'm still processing that one. Could be awkward wording or an incomplete thought or a soft-claim. I haven't decided which one for myself yet.

It does look as if Ender is trying to draw Javert's kill right now though. I don't like that but until I think on it some, I have no opinion on it, not even a knee-jerk opinion of it.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 am

Post by ender241 »

Javert wrote:Cute.

Maxous just recently said he was going to refrain voting for you to prevent you from being put at L-1. Therefore, even without my DayVig ability, you should consider yourself to effectively be at L-1. Believe it or not, I don't want to kill you if you are Town, and I am not going to DayVig you out of "pride" or my increasing annoyance with you. But continual refusal to claim in the hopes that you will be put at L-1 when there are obvious reasons for you to
not
be put at L-1 is not helping you.
VOTE: Javert Thats all i need, your obviously bluffing.
Show
again.

Javert
Javert
Goon
Javert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Javert »

ender241 wrote:VOTE: Javert Thats all i need, your obviously bluffing.
Uh hunh.

It is pretty obvious that I would prefer to kill scum over stubborn Town, and right now you either one or the either. I had to "swallow my pride" (so to speak) to keep Oso in the game earlier; and now you need to do the same. If you are really Town, right now you are pursuing a course of action that is not helping the Town in any manner whatsoever. Although I will not kill you
for
being stubborn, being stubborn will not
save
you.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:58 am

Post by Rhinox »

ender, why is Javert town if he's bluffing/gambiting/lying/whatever?

Is he town if he does have a day kill?
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:08 am

Post by ender241 »

Point taken. I didn't think of it like that UNVOTE:
Show
again.

Oso
Oso
Goon
Oso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Oso »

Javert wrote:.. I had to "swallow my pride" (so to speak) to keep Oso in the game earlier; and now you need to do the same.
My apologies for that :?. I can go into more detail after the game if you want but you were basically on the receiving end of something that had very little to do with the game. Bad week.

That said, since we do have a way for scum to end the day before you can take a shot (self-voting at L-1), I don't see any way it can be avoided: You, and the rest of the thread (me included), have almost no choice but to hang the vigkill over the head of a player. At least until Javert's status has been confirmed.
-
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:11 am

Post by Rhinox »

Rhinox wrote:ender, why is Javert
town
scum if he's bluffing/gambiting/lying/whatever?

Is he town if he does have a day kill?
is what I meant to say.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Maxous »

Oso wrote: That said, since we do have a way for scum to end the day before you can take a shot (self-voting at L-1), I don't see any way it can be avoided: You, and the rest of the thread (me included), have almost no choice but to hang the vigkill over the head of a player. At least until Javert's status has been confirmed.
I don't fully understand what you mean by "hang the vigkill over the head of a player"

I'm not saying we should put someone at L-1 now but it won't exactly be a disaster if Javert does'nt get an opportunity to shoot today. If a scum self-hammers..we have gotten rid of a mafia member. Happy days.
If used correctly it will be useful but we don't absolutly need it.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
ender241
ender241
Mafia Scum
ender241
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 am

Post by ender241 »

Do you guys want me to claim?
Show
again.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”