Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:42 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Kerplunk, I believe that if I targetted you,
then
you would have become a doc. My role:

You are a Professor at the world renowned Naples University. Each night, you search for a student with whom to share your immense knowledge. Just send me the name of your choice.

There will be NO quoting of this email at any time during the game.

Good luck!

--Gaspode

I made Prizm a vigilante- apparently he didn't know how to point and shoot- :wink: - but nothing else. I targetted MeMe Night one and it said that she wasn't interested in anything I had to say. That's why I was suspicious of her.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Prizm
Prizm
Goon
Prizm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:09 am

Post by Prizm »

Ah I see. In my PM it said an "intelligent-looking man" talked to me in the bar and convinced me that I should take matters into my own hands.
"But good is not a thing of perception. What is 'good' in one culture cannot be 'evil' in another. This might be true of mores and minor practices, but not of virtue. Virtue is absolute."
-Drizzt Do'Urden
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:23 pm

Post by Gaspode »

ROLES:

Mathcam:

Welcome to Mini Game 60! You are a doctor. Each night, you send me your choice of who to protect.

Normal doc.

Shelper:

Welcome to Mini 60! You are a vigilante. Each night, you may select one person to kill for the good of the town. (You may also opt not to kill at all.) Choose wisely.

Boring old vig.

Demeech:

Welcome to Mini 60! You are a cop. Each night, you choose a member of the town to investigate.

Normal, sane cop.

Dragon Slayer:

Welcome to Mini 60! You are a Professor at the world renowned Naples University. Each night, you search for a student with whom to share your immense knowledge. Just send me the name of your choice.

This was one of the crazy new roles. If he chose the Aspiring Cop, Med Student, or Hunter, they would become a Cop, Doc, or Vig.

CurtainDog:

Welcome to Mini Game 60! You are an Aspiring Cop. You've always wanted to be a police officer, but you've never been quite good enough to join the force. So, unfortunately, you've never been able to do anything more than your average townie--but you never know, maybe your day in the spotlight will come. Hopefully, that spotlight is something more desirable than the obituary section in your local newspaper.

He would do nothing unless targetted by DS. Then he'd become a cop.

Kerplunk:

Welcome to Mini 60! You should be a Medical Student, but unfortunately, you cannot find any place to complete your education. So for now, you will simply have to wait to see if any educational opportunities show up in town.

Again, townie until he was found by DS.

Prizm:

You are a simple man trying to make your way in the beautiful (yet dangerous) city of Naples, Italy. There is nothing really that special about you, except for the fact that you like to hunt and own a crossbow. But, being the pacifist that you are, you'd never think of using it on an actual person. For now, you'll just have to sit and wait to see what happens, like any normal townsperson.

Same as the other two.

MeMe:

Welcome to Mini Game 60! You are the local telephone operator. Being a nosy, gossip-hungry sneak who is very interested in the current problems of the town, you can choose to listen in on one citizen's phone call each night. But, of course, you're not really doing anything wrong, are you? I mean, it's all for the good of the town, right?

Another crazy one--its functionality was that MeMe would hear the person's night choice. This basically won the game.

Saigon:

Welcome to Mini 60! You are a Prankster. Each night, you choose one person to harass. That person will not be able to perform their choice that night. This may seem mean, but it's all in fun. You want the mafia out of the town as much as anyone else does.

Standard Role-Blocker.

THE SCUM: CoolBot, mlaker, massive:

You are the Ronzoni Mafia. Your goal is to be the last people alive in this wonderful city of Naples. You have the following roles and abilities:

mlaker: You are the mafia Godfather. Each night, you may choose to either make a kill or protect yourself from any investigations made that night.

CoolBot: You are the mafia Framer. Each night, you may choose to either make a kill or frame someone so that any police investigation conducted that night will find them guilty.

massive: You are the mafia Saboteur. Each night, you may choose to either make a kill or to switch any player's night choice to whomever you want.

Unfortunately, the economy has been bad lately, and you only had enough money to buy one gun. This means that you can only make one kill per night. Please discuss and send in your choices ASAP.

So, as you can see, I gave the town a few too many powers. But the game would've been amazing if the scum and the town had all used their roles to their full potential.
Saigon
Saigon
Goon
Saigon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:39 pm

Post by Saigon »

Great setup :D but I think it would've worked better in a big game. You don't have the time to use your role to it's full potential in a mini :(
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:49 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Very true.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:57 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Good point, I'll remember that for my next game.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:06 am

Post by gslamm »

The professor role is -SWEET- (I may have to file the serial numbers off that one and use it in a games of mine sometime.)
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:32 am

Post by mathcam »

I agree. That's very clever, though it puts a lot of weight on him...if he gets killed night 1, we lose our vig, our back-up cop and our backup doc. But I guess this is balanced by the fact that we had a doc and a semi-cop to start with.

All in all, I don't think it was as unbalanced as this one playing of it made it out to be. We got some good choices in and were a little lucky. The game seemed balanced enough to me. In case my opinions hasn't been made clear, great game, Gaspode.

Cam
Demeech
Demeech
Goon
Demeech
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:12 am

Post by Demeech »

mathcam wrote:I agree. That's very clever, though it puts a lot of weight on him...if he gets killed night 1, we lose our vig, our back-up cop and our backup doc. But I guess this is balanced by the fact that we had a doc and a semi-cop to start with.

All in all, I don't think it was as unbalanced as this one playing of it made it out to be. We got some good choices in and were a little lucky. The game seemed balanced enough to me. In case my opinions hasn't been made clear, great game, Gaspode.

Cam
Semi-cop? What are you talking about? I'm the average, sane cop.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:33 am

Post by CoolBot »

And
there was another vig in shelper. *grumble, grumble*
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:44 am

Post by mathcam »

People, people, people. When will you learn? I'm Captain Observant. I have no need to actually check info before I start spewing opinions based on it. Sheesh.

At the time, I was thinking of MeMe's role when I said semi-cop.

Cam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:44 am

Post by MeMe »

Now closed
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”