Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Mini #317 - Jelly Mafia! Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Welcome to Jelly Mafia!

Jelly.

Who could live without such a tasty comestible?

Twelve jars of delectable substances have been stranded on one of the shelves in PJ’s Jelly Store, and some of them are up to no good. And here, I guarantee you that flavor means nothing! Or perhaps flavor is everything…

Enter into a world where it has been predicted by the prophecies of old (the Head Jelly), that there will come a time when jellies will be forced to unite and overthrow the tainted scum jellies from the side of the Jelly Platform. That time has come.

It is up to the uninformed majority to use their special jelly powers to find and eliminate the informed minority (or minorities) and purge themselves of such evil. Beware! All items on the Jelly Platform may not be as they seem.

Still Scrumptious Sustenance
: 12
1.) Fletcher
(replacing BigDaddyBlock)
2.) Coron

3.) Glork

4.) Cogito Ergo Sum
(replacing Ibaesha)
5.) Machiavellian-Mafia

6.) MrBuddyLee

7.) Viper0933
(replacing Noober)
8.) Sotty7

9.) Thok

10.) tokiyoh

11.) Vyolynce

12.) Yosarian2

Not So Appetizing
: 1
0.) Reddish-Purple Goop, NPC, Killed N0

The player list has been recreated for your reading pleasure.

Here is the winning condition for pro-town items:
You win with the town when all Scum Jellies have been eliminated.
There may or may not be alternate win conditions.

Day One -- Night One
Day Two -- Night Two
Day Three -- Night Three
Day Four -- Night Four
Day Five -- Night Five

Roles Revealed!
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 33 times in total.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:28 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Jelly’s Rules

Please read the rules carefully, as there may be alterations from the standard sets of rules. Most of these rules have been stolen and edited from so many places that it would take too long to reference all of the sources.

Rules On what is Allowable:

[01] This is only a game, and I expect all jellies to remain somewhat civil (although I understand you are essentially a crazy, lynching mob). I will not accept excessive abuse upon freedom of speech: obscenity, profanity, libel, and fighting words will not be tolerated, and if you push it, the Head Jelly reserves the right to have you replaced. In other words, be respectful to all players, as well as myself.
[02] Do not talk outside of this thread, unless your role PM explicitly says you may do so, and even then, you are restricted to night-time for all out-of-thread conversation.
[03] Do not edit or delete your posts in any way, shape, or form. Once you have posted something, it is there for good, unless I find reason to alter or delete your post myself.
[04] Do not quote your role PMs in any way, shape, or form.
This also applies to night conversations
. You may, however, paraphrase your PM at any time, but if you go too far, the Head Jelly reserves the right to either replace you or to modkill you should the situation warrant.
[05] Do not post in invisible text, excessively small text, or use [ color = black ] tags.
[06] You may request mod-prods, replacements, clarifications, and votecounts from me directly in the thread, but please precede such with a bolded
Mod: So-and-so
so that I will be able to answer you as promptly as possible.
[07] Once I have officially posted that you are dead, then
you are dead
. Do not post any relevant information to the game whatsoever. You are, however, allowed a typical “Bah!” post of some sort.
[08] You may talk during twilight about anything you wish.
[09] Do not question my decisions in-thread: if you have a problem with me, take it to Private Messages. You may, of course, post problems you see with my votecounts, but that’s about as far as I’ll allow things.
[10] You are allowed to have fun, and in fact, I heartily encourage it! This is a game! Play hard, play fair, and enjoy yourself.

Technical Rules

[01] Each day the town must decide on a lynch. Once a majority has been reached on a player, that player will be lynched, regardless of any subsequent unvoting.
[02] To vote for somebody, please use bold tags. For example,
Vote: PJ
[03] If you wish to unvote, I would appreciate a formal bold
Unvote: PJ
, although this will not be required.
[04] If the game lags, I will place a deadline, which may or may not be retractable.
I will not allow any one day to go longer than one month however, and that will be the ultimate deadline, regardless of circumstances (even if there is a nuclear holocaust).
I will
probably
not allow any day to go longer than one month.
[05] When a deadline has been placed, I will require only a majority of what would normally be a majority for a lynch (i.e. 12 players needs 7 to lynch, so I would require 4 to lynch in such a scenario). If this number is not reached, day will end in no-lynch, and the game will progress directly into night.
[06] If two or more players are tied for the most votes when a deadline hits, and they have garnered the required amount of votes to be lynched under a deadline, the player who reached that number of votes first shall be lynched.
[07] You may vote no-lynch if you wish. A majority voting for no-lynch will end the day, and the game will progress directly into night. To do this, simply
Vote: No-Lynch
[08] Nights will last a maximum of 5 real-time days. If you have not sent me a night-choice by that time (should you have one), for the first night of the game, I will randomize your choice. For all nights afterwards, I will consider you as choosing that you do not wish to use your action.
[09] If you feel that you may not be able to post in-thread for a period of 48 hours or longer, please say so in-thread and send me a PM as warning. If I find it necessary, I will have you replaced, but I would much rather keep all players who sign up for any of my games.
[10] Any and all of these rules are subject to change at my discretion.
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Fri May 19, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:21 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Day One

The fluorescent lights above flicker off, one by one, across the great sky of the store. The manager’s steel-toed shoes reverberate throughout the building, walking away into the distance. There is a loud, metal clang before the area is shrouded in darkness and all is silent.

Many hours later, a lamp is turned on, and the Jelly Platform is basked in radiance. The Head Jelly, from the shelf above, calls for a meeting.

His voice is gravelly and harsh. “Many moons ago,” he begins with a cough, “I had a prophecy. I saw that there would one day be a great war of the jellies. I hoped that it would never come true, but alas, such optimism is folly. There are intruders upon this very Jelly Shelf. Perhaps not all of them are evil, but some have come harboring malicious thoughts, with the intent to be rid of us. I know not who these jellies are.”

“Now see there,” he says, pointing to the floor below. “Just yesterday we lost one of our own.” You all peer over the side, and witness the spray of a reddish-purple goop on the floor, surrounded with shards of glass.

“These jellies are here for one purpose: and that is to kill. We must kill them first. I say: let it be done!

“There are twelve of you jellies alive: it will take a majority of you to agree before I will allow you to toss one of our own from the side of the platform. I am too old and frail myself to cast a vote, or to kill, so I leave the burden entirely upon you.

“It takes
seven
to lynch. Good luck. May your jelly powers be your guide.”

Reddish-Purple Goop, NPC, has been killed!
Last edited by petroleumjelly on Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:26 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote: Thok
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Post by ibaesha »

vote: toki

Hi 8)
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:40 pm

Post by Thok »

So I notice that Noober rhymes with Goober, which is another word for peanut. Perhaps he knows something of peanut butter?

vote Noober
for the above sentence, even if it is very random.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Noober
Noober
Townie
Noober
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:20 pm

Post by Noober »

What crazy place do you come from where Goober is another word for peanut and peanut butter is a bad thing?

Also due to my last game going CRAZY due to early random votes, I'm probably going to vote no lynch but not at the moment so that I get the chance to observe everyone for a bit longer first, just in case extra no lynch votes quickly come in.
oh god no this is not how the internet was supposed to be :(
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:57 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Noober wrote:Also due to my last game going CRAZY due to early random votes, I'm probably going to vote no lynch but not at the moment so that I get the chance to observe everyone for a bit longer first, just in case extra no lynch votes quickly come in.
Seriously?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:45 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

It’s Official: This is Your First Vote Count!

Thok – 1 – Glork
Tokiyoh – 1 – Ibaesha
Noober – 1 – Thok

With
alive, it takes
to launch a jar across the aisle!

Not Voting – 9 – bigdaddyblock, Coron, Machiavellian-Mafia, MrBuddyLee, Noober, Sotty7, tokiyoh, Vyolynce, Yosarian2
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:53 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Roleclaim: I am KY Loaded-Baked-Potato-flavored. That is all.

PS.
Vote: Thok
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:40 pm

Post by ibaesha »

This game has 10 posts and it's already v. weird.
Noober
Noober
Townie
Noober
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:24 am

Post by Noober »

ibaesha wrote:Seriously?
See for yourself:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3267

It was crazy. But on the other hand I like having as long as possible to get to know how people act, so I'm not going to throw in my no lynch vote quite yet.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:45 am

Post by ibaesha »

I wasn't sure if you were joking about voting no lynch and your concern about people piling onto it. I see you were serious, however, so let's discuss that.

It's highly doubtful that you should need to worry about people jumping onto a no lynch bandwagon. Also, it's generally not considered wise to no lynch outside of certain circumstances when it may be called for. Day 1 in a 12-player game that starts in the day is not a circumstance where we should refrain from lynching someone. The lynch itself is often randomish since we're lacking information, but dependent on who is lynched, who voted for them, and other things, we can gain information that may be useful later. Lynching no one would not provide us with this information.

People voting for other people may get hectic, however, along with what people say, their votes are an important act to read. Even random votes sometimes have meaning behind them. For example: My random vote on toki was because I haven't played a game with him in a while and it was somewhat of a greeting.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:42 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Random vote: MrBuddyLee

With regards to a no lynch Ibby is right. Voting for a no lynch and letting night actions take over will just generally put us in the very same position tomorrow. Lynching someone today will gives us votes to track, reasons to note and generally more information to work with come day two. Although on the whole, day one lynches tend to be random, you can get a lot of information from them.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:32 am

Post by Coron »

vote: noober
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:54 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Noober wrote:I'm probably going to vote no lynch but not at the moment so that I get the chance to observe everyone for a bit longer first, just in case extra no lynch votes quickly come in.
Yeah, I have a feeling this statement is going to get you slathered with peanut butter.

Unvote Thok, Vote: Noober
tokiyoh
tokiyoh
Goon
tokiyoh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:28 am

Post by tokiyoh »

Heh~ greetings :D Only 4 names i haven't seen in a 12-player game, that's a first XD

As usual no random vote from me, but also like always, i'm not supporting no lynch.
Show
[size=67]toki:
1. time; an hour; a moment
2. a case; an occasion
3. a season; an opportunity; a chance; the times; the day
4. tense[/size]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hello all.

Heh...I think I'll avoid jumping on the tradition "lynch the newbie who suggested no-lynch" bandwagon for now.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:48 am

Post by Thok »

unvote Noober, vote MrBuddyLee
I think Noober suggestion of no lynch is, well, Noobish rather than scummy, so I'll jump on the third person to vote Noober. I'd also like to know why MrBuddyLee continued the peanut butter reference I included in my first post.

@Noober: Goober is a term for a peanut in the Southern part of the U.S.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Noober
Noober
Townie
Noober
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:30 am

Post by Noober »

Ah. Southerners. It all makes sense now.
Noober
Noober
Townie
Noober
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:48 am

Post by Noober »

Also to be fair this is my second game. In my first I was jumped on for random voting by the least sensical mafia player ever. No lynching made sense to me, but as it is I'll do the same tactic as I did before but instead of holding off on a vote and then no lynchng, I'll hold off on a vote and then vote for whoever's most suspicious.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:51 am

Post by Coron »

Noober wrote:Also to be fair this is my second game. In my first I was jumped on for random voting by the least sensical mafia player ever.
Who? I could've sworn I wasn't in that game.
Noober
Noober
Townie
Noober
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:57 am

Post by Noober »

Hahaha. No.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:07 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Thok wrote:I'd also like to know why MrBuddyLee continued the peanut butter reference I included in my first post.
I dun know about you, Thok, but every time I look over my shoulder there's @%$@#$ peanut butter there. Watching. Lurking. Waiting. As a jelly who just wants to exert my independently full flavor, peanut butter haunts my dreams.

Couple of theories:

* There's not much better to cover and protect tasty jelly from a nasty bite than a little ol PB.

* When abused, PB can totally obliterate jelly.

* Worse yet, I have heard rumors of jars of striped pb mixed with j, and I fear they may be bisexual, transvestite, or worse yet, double agents...

I fear I may soon be toast.
Noober
Noober
Townie
Noober
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:17 am

Post by Noober »

If we're under a yellow sun, the main thing we have to fear is Kryptonian jello. Kneel before Zod, son of Jel-O!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”