these rules are a composite of rules made by a variety of other people; the goal was to make them as simple and short as possible. feel free to ask if you have any questions, though!
1. the rules in the April 23, 2014 revision of the Boilerplate Mafiascum Game Rules wiki page
apply to this game.
2. each day will have a deadline of 2 weeks, and each night will have a deadline of 2 days. extensions to each of these may occur if necessary. if no majority vote is reached by the day's deadline on any given day, the day will end with no lynch.
3. to vote, either write
(in bold text) or VOTE: xyzzy
(with the vote tag) on a new line. to avoid any ambiguity, please use a player's full username when voting for them rather than any abbreviation or other name.
4. in addition to PMing me and using the User CP settings, please post in the thread if you will be V/LA. if you cannot do so because the thread is locked, you may ask me to do so when I unlock the thread by PMing me.
5. if a player has both a faction ability and a role ability that either both function during day phases or both function during night phases, that player may use both a faction ability and a role ability during the same phase.
6. you may request that a player be prodded via PM to me. I will prod or replace players at my own discretion, but except in unusual circumstances, I will prod someone after 2 days of inactivity, and replace someone if they either fail to respond to a prod after 2 more days, or if they have a significant number of prods.
7. do not use #990000.
8. I will not edit your posts unless your post contains information pertinent to another ongoing game, in which case I will replace the entire post with the text "removed by xyzzy".
9. do not post anything in the thread once you have died until the game is over.
10. I reserve the right to modify these rules at any time if necessary.