TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Okay, so like this is the 2nd time I've been a power role in LyLo, what's the big deal?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Mastina knows the first fucking time :igmeou:
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

Nice game. Thx mastina.

Why would you lynch Titus?????
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

Also @Devil and @Lea, why did you kill AA and BBT?
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by mastina »

The problem, Gin, is that you're vulnerable to paranoia.
You HAD SirCakez as scum. You let him go out of paranoia.
You HAD PranaDevil and Lexa as scum. You let them go out of paranoia.

Paranoia is not your friend in lylo. It is your enemy.
Fun fact: JaeReed told me that they lost in the lylo of Skullduggery's game, and it was via...paranoia.
I was paranoid-as-fuck during the lylo of Steven Universe 2. Paranoia told me that my scumread, my game-long scumread, on Reasonably Rational was wrong...
...But I ignored the paranoia, and actually won the game.

Paranoia loses towns most games.

Now, if you've been doing nothing except helping scum all game--sure, you should hold paranoia.
But, if you've actually got proof that your actions have been hurting scum (you had it, via both your cop checks being nightkills), then you know that paranoia is your enemy.

Another way of thinking about it is this: if in lylo, you're alive and your opinions clash with the nightkills of the game, time to be paranoid-as-fuck.
If in lylo, you're alive and your opinions match with the nightkills of the game...discard the paranoia.

This would have worked if you realized that ThinkBig's suspicion on Titus was paranoia, and that ThinkBig withOUT said paranoia was scumreading the scumteam.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 2397, mastina wrote:.Nexus personally told me how he resets votecounts and continues the phase, so ultimately, that is what I elected to do--I also figured that if the town WANTED the day to end without a lynch after the modkill, they could simply elect to vote for a no-lynch, which ended up being exactly what they did. Butstill, the game was irreparably damanged by the modkill, because modkills are always something which cause a game to be irreparable, and it was...unpleasant.
So it's all Nexus' fault that we didn't go to night... damn you Nexus.
In post 2403, ThinkBig wrote:Also @Devil and @Lea, why did you kill AA and BBT?
*shrugs* I'm sure there were reasons in the PT... Can't remember them off hand though, seemed like a good idea at the time.

I know the scum thread has lots of different ideas from me where I suggest different scenarios, and who needs killing, and what will happen after... don't think any actually happened though.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

You all are very lucky you killed me over Gin.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:31 pm

Post by mastina »

(Incidentally, that was one of the reasons why I voted the way I did in Steven Universe 2: the nightkills I had were grapes, Klingoncelt, Not Chara, MagnaofIllusion, farside22, MagnaofIllusion
again
, and randomidget. grapes was going hard against scum, so I doubted he joined scum, the only way he could be scum. Klingoncelt's entire list of scumreads were known and flipped town, so she couldn't have been killed for reads; it had to be a kill off of role, and the player with the most incentive for a role-based kill was RR. Not Chara was scumreading RR. MagnaofIllusion was scumreading RR. farside22 was scumreading RR. randomidget was killed last thanks to having a game mechanic that could prevent scum from winning even upon a mislynch, and was the last conftown to die, and the only conftown not scumreading RR. So I had a pretty good backing suggesting the nightkills were of RR being scum. In THIS game, you got BBT nightkilled with no reads to speak of, so he was killed for being conftown. You had All Alone killed, with scumreads on karnos and PranaDevil. All Alone was NOT conftown. You violated occam's razor via theorizing about a hypothetical scum rolecop IN SPITE OF ALL ALONE BEING A TOWN ROLECOP as a justification for this, ignoring that
maybe
the reason he died was because of his scumreads, not his role. Admittedly he scumread LQ and Alisae, but he had reads other than that.)
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

@Mastina, How dumb on a scale of 1-10 was it that I was quick-Lynched?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2408, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Mastina, How dumb on a scale of 1-10 was it that I was quick-Lynched?
You, 6.
Alisae, 8.

Yes, Alisae was dumber as a quicklynch than you because basic motive analysis would have shown the difference between Alisae's lie and Lexa's lie.

Alisae's lie was meant to catch scum, and, in fact, DID! Alisae caught Lexa a day before Gin got a guilty, and it was specifically because of Alisae's actions that Lexa claimed VT in the first place, allowing for Gin to catch Lexa in a lie. Alisae willingly took the gambit back, revealing the motive behind having pulled it in the first place, and the intended results of it. (Which is why the gambit, while stupid, was amazingly town, and therefore the quicklynch was much stupider than the lynch on you.)

Lexa's lie was because she was placed on the defensive. She was caught in it and her given reason was very defensive: there was no attempt to catch scum in it. It was survivalistic, because survivalism was her goal, because she was scum whereas Alisae was not.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 2409, mastina wrote:
In post 2408, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Mastina, How dumb on a scale of 1-10 was it that I was quick-Lynched?
You, 6.
Alisae, 8.

Yes, Alisae was dumber as a quicklynch than you because basic motive analysis would have shown the difference between Alisae's lie and Lexa's lie.

Alisae's lie was meant to catch scum, and, in fact, DID! Alisae caught Lexa a day before Gin got a guilty, and it was specifically because of Alisae's actions that Lexa claimed VT in the first place, allowing for Gin to catch Lexa in a lie. Alisae willingly took the gambit back, revealing the motive behind having pulled it in the first place, and the intended results of it. (Which is why the gambit, while stupid, was amazingly town, and therefore the quicklynch was much stupider than the lynch on you.)

Lexa's lie was because she was placed on the defensive. She was caught in it and her given reason was very defensive: there was no attempt to catch scum in it. It was survivalistic, because survivalism was her goal, because she was scum whereas Alisae was not.
We read people rather similarly, I think.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by mastina »

Justifications for scum kills, btw:
In post 26, PranaDevil wrote:Preferences on who we target for the NK?
I'm thinking Jordan is the ideal NK. Throws all sorts of suspicion in the air, isn't too obv. town, and is liable to be a thorn in our sides if not too careful now we've lost karnos (he could swiftly become confirmed town if unchecked).
Lexa wrote:I'd approve of Jordan, it's the strategy I like to take with my NKs
In post 43, PranaDevil wrote:I'm thinking we need to get rid of someone who won't be against an Alisae lynch, and if it's brought up that Alisae scum would off someone against them I'll just call it WIFOM. I think we take out All Alone, Garmr as "obv town" then can't be scum on LQs wagon, shannon was already obv town, Gin might vote Alisae again, and scum wouldn't hammer that obviously so BBT isn't scum. Thus I can argue Alisae was, once again, moving onto a wagon by being opportunistic.
We then argue the next day that scum had to be on both mislynches and... we survive again.
(^This is where you guys got schooled.)
In post 44, PranaDevil wrote:In fact I have a current rough plan for future stuffs if all goes well.
Tonight we kill AA
D3 is an easy mislynch of Alisae
N3 we strongman kill Garmr
D4 we likely lynch Gin with the argument about scum being on both wagons.
N4 kill shannon or BBT whichever seems less likely to be protected if we still have a doc role out there, otherwise we take out shannon.
D5 we have an easy mislynch of TB or Pep for the win.
Though also be prepared for questioning on your strong feelings of LQ town when the evidence was strongly against him.
(^This is where the scumteam almost fucked up thanks to Gin.)
In post 57, PranaDevil wrote:We have problem, biiiig problem.
First problem is Gin, he's a huge problem as we now have two confirmed town in BBT and TB, we can't keep them all around for LyLo as it's game over. So one of them three have to be tonight's kill regardless of if it's only one of us around. Who is another issue entirely, my guess is we see the state of play at night and decide then.
Second is Alisae, for one, if he does have some investigative power, I'll be pissed as it literally means we are losing because of a totally unbalanced game, as my guess would be another JOAT with two cop type powers, meaning by day 3 it would be entirely possible to have 6 (minimum) confirmed town as a voting block, which is why a single cop is already deemed extra powerful for town, as it can auto-confirm one way or the other, having three who can do that (and will do that) in the first two nights is just ridiculous. My bet as well is, if he IS a JOAT, they went for me, so we may get through today with them being lynched even if they point at me, but I'll be lynched tomorrow at best if they are revealed to be telling the truth. If they aren't then it's the worst play I've seen... ever, in all fairness.
Either way, the people who die need to change, and I'd say Garmr now needs to be tomorrows mislynch. If Alisae survives and it's proven they told the truth, he needs to be in the pool for the NK, as 4 confirmed townies against a single scum is pretty much impossible to beat.
^Scum's freakout to Alisae and why Alisae's move was insanely protown. (It REALLY should've tipped you off, Gin, that the lynch on Alisae was yourself, your two innocents, and then...Lexa plus PranaDevil. Hint: Alisae claimed a result on Lexa.)
In post 64, PranaDevil wrote:Who we killing tonight out of Gin, BBT and TB? It has to be one of them as they're confirmed town. Had they not been I'd have been up for offing Garmr still and saving the mod the effort of replacing, but three confirmed town is three too many.
My suggestion is BBT or TB, it's much easier to argue that Gin new they were town because he's scum, than argue he got a false positive once he flips
In post 65, Lexa wrote:I'd agree with one of those two given GIn has blown two of his shots already. I'd be inclined to take out BBT, he's much less predictable and given TBs activity I'd say it's more likely that he's a vanilla role than a PR. BBT with the quickhammer and general lurkiness scares me.
In post 74, PranaDevil wrote:And you seem to be a confirmed town for someone, Gin I believe. So we can use that too.
^Another reason you didn't die, Gin.
In post 78, PranaDevil wrote:We need to pay attention to future lynches... I was doing vote digging stuff, and on Alisae's wagon the people on it are us, and all three confirmed town via Gin... I've got a post ready and written arguing it away as scum being able to avoid being on such an obvious mislynch, but missing something like that could easily bite us in the ass.
I'm going to be pushing Garmr tomorrow, so we should try and be careful how we vote together, unless shannon or Pep get involved on the wagon, I strongly advise keeping off it is you are able.
Then the next day, if we've lost Garmr through lynching, we take out Gin or TB overnight, and it's shannon or Pep for the winning lynch all being well. Plus with day talk if one of them votes Pep or shannon, we can arrange to both be on at the same time, and hammer double quick.
^The scum's plan, which, when you think about it, is exactly what happened: Garmr died, they took out ThinkBig, and lynched the Pepchoninga slot.
In post 86, PranaDevil wrote:I'm more than comfortable with how things are going, we may even get a shannon flip today as well. It will lead to your lynch tomorrow regardless, but we can at least get rid of, say TB or Gin (I say Gin personally), to leave us with someone who believes I'm confirmed town... if we can somehow end it with myself, TB and Pep's replacement or Garmr, I believe TB will side with me, of course, the ideal situation is for me to step in tomorrow if we mislynch shannon today, and be all "okay, guys, we need to think things through here, we've hit town three days running, we need to re-evaluate our views, why are we all still alive? Do scum think we're immediately going to lynch Lexa today and it's game over for us as Lexa wasn't scum and they could see us imploding that way?"
The added bonus of me saying it means I can pull the same trick I've done almost all game. Use the fact I'm pointing out something that could cast me in a negative light, to buy me town credit as why would scum point out something that would lead to their lynch? (See: my statement about if karnos was a vengeful to shoot me, or the VCA stuff where I point out I'm an ideal target for lynching etc.)
^The reason you were the preferred nightkill at that point is you were actually accurate on the scum, whereas ThinkBig was not. This was later reversed around when your paranoia on Titus kicked in.
In post 102, PranaDevil wrote:No point having Titus and me alive, Titus already doesn't believe me. I still like the idea of TB remaining alive as, despite recent stuff, he was calling me obv. town, I think I can spin things so that he believes me.

However, now Garmr has gone whacko, and we should have a night phase shortly, I suggest we off Titus, and you bring up shannon's previous post about Gin/TB (I was calling them obv. town, and I was bullshitting about you and shannon being a team, it'll throw them huge).

If we can get shannon to put a single vote on one of them, we wait until we're both on (I'll be able to give set times I'll be around for the next day phase, and will be keeping up to date regularly, so if you see a vote, post here a time for us to confirm we're around), and boom, double hammer.

With Gin or TB killed it means we have to deal with Titus tomorrow, and I don't like that, if only because I don't trust others to not just side with her and screw us over (which would be fine if she had good reasoning, being "caught" by VCA and not actual scum hunting is awful, because while she's got the right result, it's blatantly obvious the reasoning is god awful as she's ignored everything that was said. In fact, if I knew she was in a game, it would be ridiculously easy, as scum, to just use this all against her by following her reasoning and doing the exact opposite, and suddenly it doesn't work as she ignores reasoning behind stuff. Strong in a hydra with someone who actually reads though (but then Hydra's are shitty and I hate them, as suddenly you have two people playing one slot, which makes it overpowered by default).

But yeah, on topic... I say you NK Titus and be done with it. Gets her out of the way, and we can then use the stuff between the other two and shannon for the win, as I don't see shannon and them seeing eye to eye. Especially as I can start the day with an initial "either I was right and Lexa/shannon are the scum team because of me calling Gin/TB conf. town, or shannon was onto something with the Gin/TB scum team... but considering who's alive, I wonder if scum are expecting an easy mislynch thanks to Titus going rather than the "conf. town" slots of Gin and TB, as they will likely go for the obvious in myself or Lexa... especially as they know I was up for Lexa's lynch..." and just throw confusion in the ranks hopefully.
In post 106, PranaDevil wrote:Okay, I'm unsure of our plan tonight, I feel we have a few options:
1 - We kill Gin. This leaves TB/Titus/shannon
2 - We kill TB. This leaves Gin/Titus/shannon
3 - We kill Titus. This leaves Gin/TB/shannon

killing shannon is not an options, what worries me is that the block of Gin/TB/Titus seems unbreakable, and the only option is to utilize shannon for the victory. It will literally be shannon's vote, I feel, that will decide the game for us. If she votes either of us, I feel we're possibly screwed, especially if town work out that scum could do a double quick hammer on town to win, at which point TB and Titus will refuse to vote, and deem anyone of the other three who votes first auto-town, and, if they believe them, it may be game over.

I'm really not sure which I prefer, I think with Titus and shannon alive I could push my theory on that team, but who am I trying to get to believe me? i don't see Gin or TB ever deviating from Titus at this stage.

Thus, I think our absolute best bet is to kill Titus and play off shannon's previous theory of Gin/TB as the scum, plus then I can attempt to point out that I had suspicions of Titus when I wanted a No Lynch, why would I waste time arguing that, to then off her at night? Why not just buy into the possible idea and try lynching the wrong person?

Very WIFOM, but without Titus there to direct them, we may get away with it.
^Titus was the preferred nightkill thanks to her accuracy.
In post 111, PranaDevil wrote:I think I've got Gin on side. We simply remove Gin or TB tonight, and we're good... I like the idea of taking out TB, the "conf. town" as Titus wa leading to that all day, then tomorrow we do what we already said regarding getting an auto lynch the second a vote is placed, which I suspect will be shannon.
In post 112, PranaDevil wrote:Oh my God, Gin just dared Titus that she wouldn't have the guts to kill him... and now we can simply kill TB, and use your RB on Titus play off the fact I queried her reasoning for getting everyone off your wagon in regards to the fact she will state she was RB'd, and we just lynch Titus tomorrow for the victory.
^The reason you lived and ThinkBig died: you were siding with PranaDevil, he was not. In particular, the second. You entering a dare with Titus was the tipping point.
In post 118, PranaDevil wrote:Is it bad that I'm actually eager to see Titus' in thread confusion as to the fact she was blocked? She's finished this day with a solid Gin/Prana team in her head... the fact she gets blocked means she knows for a fact you are scum, but nobody else is going to believe her because of her constant bouncing backwards and forwards... in fact it will read very much like she's trying to get us to go ahead with the previous plan of lynching you, and we can easily argue that whether you're scum or town, it's bad to lynch you as we can't be sure, but we "can" be sure of Titus' flip, Then we can discuss between us whether we believe Titus was bussing for credibility suddenly, or trying to force a mislynch, but either way, we never get to the next day.

Muahahahaha
^Final word on the subject. Where Titus is left alive because she's wrong, you're left alive because you're wrong, and ThinkBig is killed because his death does nothing to change that status quo, and you two being wrong about each other in lylo is all that's needed to win. But it all traced back to that simple paranoia. That simple doubt you had. When you were scumreading the scum, you were set to die. You doubted yourself, you second-guessed yourself, you changed your assumptions off of paranoia, and then you ended up not dieing because you did.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by mastina »

Incidentally, while I wanted to run a series of Majesty Mafia games next, I don't yet have them close enough to ready to run them.
What I DO have ready are a couple of micros.
One, "The Joke's On You", would be an openly 6:2:1 town:mafia:jester, where if the jester is lynched, both the town and the mafia lose.
Two, "The Murderer", would be a heavily-flavored open 8:1 vanilla town:serial killer mountainous game with a safeguard against the game ending D1.
Three, "Movie Mafia", not quite ready to be released yet (format's not final), would be a game where players are supposed to follow a "script". This script would be public: players know who gets lynched on what days, and who dies during what nights. What WOULDN'T be public would be the flips of said players. Scum would have a "flip the script" power and be able to, on certain occasions, alter the script as they will it.

I also want to eventually make a Kongregate Games mafia (a small large theme, like, 15 players or so), but that's nowhere near close to ready.
Then there's also Agnigi, the sequel game to Gistou. (Mini theme.)
Not to mention, Hilariously Unbalanced 3, a large theme I've needed to work on for ages.

However, in spite of all of the above, what I
really
want to run, above all other games, is a game called
Aurum
It's not
quite
ready yet (I need to write the role PMs, get some coherence from game reviewers and final checks and whatnot), but the basic pitch behind the game:

The game will be an openly 7:2:2:2 mini theme multiball with a ridiculously large amount of flavor.
Spoiler: Flavor Text (may get changed some later)
History of Aurum

As written by the greatest sage gaya will ever know.

Aurum

The promised land.

The trouble with any "promised land" is that everyone has a different idea of what, exactly, it is which was 'promised'. Or even if they happen to agree on the nature of the promise, they tend to have a disagreement on to whom it is promised to. However, aside from the inherent nature of humanity, one thing is universally clear: it was agreed upon (with only minimal argument) this land represented a paradise on gaya, one oasis of mystical miracles of magic in a land otherwise fraught with fragility and futility.

A sacred land, largely it had been unknown to the barbaric world outside. For inside, this golden haven held such lucrative riches that those who had previously chosen to settle within had long-since learned to never venture back. Still, with the progress of time, the inevitable would occur, and eventually, word of this place once thought to be nothing but mere legend and myth rose forth.

Adventurers and explorers from across gaya entered the land, documenting their findings and sending back gifts to the foreign powers they were sent to represent. Soon, news spread, and what had once been a land of only a few natives saw the frontiersmen founding some initial settlements, free from the oppression of the outside world.

Unfortunately, as humans are humans, conflict would soon arise. Within this neutral territory, no rules had been established. Soon the inhabitants had some mutual understandings. (Surprisingly, these actually were, in fact, immune to blunder and rather unambiguous.) Though not written into laws, a universal truth was presented: This land was meant to be shared with all within, and those that wished to live their lives fully and happily within would be welcome. Boundaries broke down between cultures and people, as they began to find common ground in their freedom from fighting.

They even established a home, where trading posts, local tribes, and outposts blended together to form the city of
Altaria
, the city of the lake, the greatest gathering of people in the region and central hub of activity, to the point where many even began to call it the capital city of all Aurum, with the implication of a strong sense of independence, and yet, community.

This, itself, would be no problem. However, understandably, those powers that these immigrants had once been a part of did not exactly approve of what they saw as treason. Their subjects were effectively deserting them, and instead of harvesting the wealth and bounty of the supernatural sacred land, they were instead keeping it all to themselves. This was, to them, unacceptable, especially as doubt, paranoia, and fear of the other nations exploiting these tools came forward.

To best understand this situation, it would perhaps be best to rewind time, and to talk about what shaped gaya to be as it was when Aurum was first found. Any child who has received so much as basic tutoring would know about the nature of gaya, as humanity studies the thirteen moon cycles and their corresponding star cycles from birth, assuming of course an individual holds any wish to have so much as a chance of harvesting magic.

It should then need not be said how magic has so shaped the path of history, and how the shifting zodiacs from moonth to moonth over the given year affect the outcome of mortal affairs. In case someone has somehow managed to obtain the skill of literacy while being utterly ignorant to such workings, they need only pay attention to the world around them, feeling their inner strength on their birth date as their zodiac shines brightly in the sky, especially on the new moon for which their zodiac reigns over at the beginning of a moonth.

Gaya
, the home of known humanity, is an isolated land itself. It has long-since been calculated that gaya represents a mere fraction of the total circumference of the total world, and speculated that much land mass must exist beyond the borders of gaya itself. However, due to the nature of the land, humanity had always been cut off on all sides, having a mere two continents in close proximity.

To the east lies a seemingly endless desert, where the sun saps all magic dry and the moon fails to supply. This desolate landscape spans miles of terrain, all appearing identical to the naked eye. With the stars themselves granting no strength, all attempts to map the terrain have failed, and traditional methods prove too much of a logistical impossibility to know for sure what lies on the other end. The shifting sands, as they are colloquially called, offer no signs of life and no protection from the fatigue of traveling within.

To the north lies the frozen northern mountains, where the constant cloud covering renders magic inert. Attempts to find a passageway through them have been made, all ending in failure as expeditions either perished without a trace or turned back when the air proved too thin to breathe. The constant rumbling of the mountains prove why tunneling efforts have always been foiled, as the passageways soon collapse not long after they are made.

The greatest hope of escape most humanity holds on gaya is that to the west, where the salty water resides. However, even there, turmoil is a constant. To the northwest, there is documented evidence of a theoretical passage, yet treacherous typhoons consistently keep wrecking any ship who has the courage (rather, the stupidity) to try. The journey to the southwest shows only an endless ocean of water, one where the zodiacs intermingle, become blurred, and interfere with clear magic usage. Given the limited supplies a ship can carry and the lack of material to provide a restock, humanity had gone as far as possible with their current means as of Aurum's discovery.

With this limited set of resources and land, gaya has, naturally, had a fair share of fighting. The
Vatnaq
, a seafaring group of tribes reformed under the tyrant king Albert the Great, had long-since conquered the island-continent of
Heimcas
and moved inland to the main gaya continent. Their sturdy ships were versatile to traverse both ocean and river, even able to survive crossings over land. This dominant navy allowed them to claim dominion over much of gaya's main water routes, establishing an empire of colonies and trade, paying tribute to
Alberta
, their capital.

The expansion of the Vatnaq was halted by the
Royal Bareed Empire
, their rivals to the north. A hardy, sturdy people, the Baridians were the conquerors of the
Oken region
, spanning across the entirety of the north, into the fertile plains in the middle of gaya, and stretching all the way to the deserts where they found their natural limit. Originally a small tribe of one great city,
Krasivya
, they were a militant people led by generals who were actually competent at their job, slowly expanding from their humble beginnings until the king of kings Alexander cemented his rule, as all his heirs would succeed him as The Great King.

However, while his descendants continued in his name, King of Kings Alexander was himself slain in battle by the prophet of the desert empire of
Haraphet
. A culture of tribal philosophers, they are credited as the first to have studied the magical connection between humanity and the
Zodiacs
, though it should be noted the Vatnaq were the first to actually make use of this knowledge, and the Haraphin did not themselves map out the system of zodiacs.

Prior ancient civilizations, long-since assimilated into the empires, had in distant times done this work already. Though these older civilizations still, as vassals, existed at the time of Arum's discovery, they had lost their relevancy to the history books, being subservient to one of the three great powers. The Vatnaq honor their fallen rivals and the Haraphin attribute their success to their fore-bearers, with only the Baridians seeking total cultural assimilation. Thanks to this dynamic, the exact trigger which caused the rise of the Haraphin is unknown, but it is generally thought they rose to power over the
Kizma
thanks to the prophet
Baski
is named after, Bask the diviner. She saved her people from disaster and warned them of incoming invasion, and it is thought that once they were given the motivation to fight, they expanded their borders as far as they would reach.

Some areas outside of Aurum remain unaligned to a great nation, yet have proven to be neverending warzones, trapped forever in a cycle of pointless violence. These historical footnotes are of little relevance, and the nations are the ones known to have influenced the history of Aurum. The last great war was an impressively long 58 years prior to the discovery of Aurum, yet tensions were naturally high. With Aurum entering the equation, there was a risk in the equilibrium being disrupted, and those in power would not take kindly to losing it.

The problem for Aurum is that no one nation could claim sole dominion over it. Aside from it being undiscovered, neutral territory, its location is within the natural borders on the edge of the Haraphin Caliphate and the Royal Bareed Empire. The mountains are magically enchanted to repel any effort of entering, except through the underground passageways...all of which were known to be within the territory of the Vatnaq.

It should be noted on the historical record that the legend of Aurum, prior to its discovery, contained plenty of rumors about being able to grant immortality. Though the land certainly was healthy,
Arunians
assumed this was a mere exaggeration of the natural healing waters and magical enhancements within the golden land.

All the same, it is of course obvious that many would be allured by the promise of something they would never receive, as all too many initial pilgrims were so disappointed to learn. However, while the long-term residents could of course tell the three empires that this alleged immortality was nothing more than mere myth, this is of course something which would only cause their leaders' paranoia to increase further that it did, and was being kept from them.

Naturally, these leaders thought they would be fit to rule forever, and thus, would
deserve
the immortality of the land, and so, fighting was inevitable. Aurum, for all its myriad of blessings, could not offer all it was promised to give. No nation wanted to accept that. Nor would any power willingly let another take an edge away from them. Thus, the first conflict of Aurum was born.

To settle this before it would begin, it was unilaterally decided by some genius that 13 delegates--one for each moon cycle to represent every zodiac--would
somehow
be anonymously nominated, elected, then selected, and to traverse to a secret meeting site where surely nothing could go wrong. Somehow, it was thought these individuals would carry the weight where they would agree once and for all on how to handle Aurum.

To their credit, this peaceful gathering would forbid any and all weapons--even any equipment made from the nipe tree (especially staves and wands) would be forbidden from entry, as to prevent any possible magical interference or subterfuge. On good faith if nothing less, this would ensure that events would miraculously go smoothly.

And in their hopeless idealism, the Arunians actually honored this agreement: their representatives would have no knowledge of each other or of the motives of their fellow delegates. They truly believed, as per typical Arunian naivety, that their natural strength would triumph and good nature would win.

Unsurprisingly, the three nations did not share this belief: they cheated, each suspecting the others would anyway, so they might as well act in kind, stacking the deck in
their
favor as much as they could. Not only were their representatives given foreknowledge of their ally, but also provided with unique magical buffs that would render them able to remotely remove a representative's life force from them in unique ways.

How did the Arunian's discover this? For all the shortcomings of their stunning plan, the ones responsible for putting this together were not entirely moronic. The potential for malice was anticipated in advance, and accounted for: when all delegates had arrived, an automatic spell was triggered to sense deceit. This may have actually worked, if not for having nearly half the delegates holding ulterior motives. While certainly a smart idea in theory, in practice with so many in the room acting in ill will, it was impossible to pinpoint so much as a single source, and thus, the representatives would have to deal with the problem manually.

Though the treachery proved to be only slightly surprising (and was naturally none to those owing allegiance to the nations, albeit they were inconvenienced by being so exposed), it would, if not dealt with, prove to be quite the inconvenience for the summit, who would now need to act fast in order to remove opposition, or risk their agenda being lost.

To deal with this, someone--history records not whom--came up with the
brilliant
solution to, as a council, one by one elect to isolate members and cast them out, even if doing so would prove fatal. This ostracization would be accomplished by a simple majority vote on whom to cast out.

And thus what would be known as The Zodiac Debate thereafter would soon begin...

Spoiler: Game Mechanics (may be revised slightly)
Game Mechanics
:

Gamerules of Gaya
  • Though this game is HEAVILY flavored, there is no obvious town or obvious scum flavor. Every player's flavor will give the background of their character, but said background will NOT include any information about their given allegiance. As a result, no fakeclaims will be necessary. (However, if a scum player should so request altered flavor for an ability they wish to fakeclaim, I shall provide it.)
  • This game is openly 7:2:2:2 multiball. It is not bastard. (Just insane.)
    • The
      town faction
      of this game are the residents of Aurum, the
      Arunians
    • There are
      three scum factions
      : the
      Vatnaq
      Baridians
      , and
      Haraphin
  • The
    Arunian
    (town) wincon is as follows: "You win when all threats to
    Aurum
    are eliminated, and at least one member of the
    Arunian
    faction
    is alive."
  • The scum wincon is as follows: "You win when the (scum faction) faction controls 50% of the council,
    and
    nothing can prevent this."
  • Mind Link:
    (
    Telepathy.
    ) Any and all topics this game will be open the entire duration of the game. In other words, scum have daychat.
  • Black Magic:
    Unless specifically noted otherwise in their role PM, mafia may use their factional abilities at the same time they use any other abilities they possess. In other words, they can both kill and action.
    • Every player will have a kill source unique to them.
  • In this game, every player has three unique attributes separate from wincon:
    1. Region of Origin
      , of which there are
      five possibilities
      :
      1. Aurum

2. Heimcas

3. Oken

4. Kizma

5. None established
    2. Capital City of Highest Affiliation
      , of which there are
      five possibilities
      :
      1. Altaria

2. Alberta

3. Krasivya

4. Baski

5. No city affiliation
    3. Zodiac Sign
      , of which there are
      thirteen
      :
      1. Phoenix

2. Hen

3. Ox

4. Chimera

5. Bear

6. Wolf

7. Lion

8. Tiger

9. Dragon

10. Scorpion

11. Serpent

12. Owl

13. Raven
  • Upon the death of a player, I will provide the full details of their role PM
    except
    faction-specific sections.
  • No player is entirely vanilla!
    This is because every player, unless otherwise specified, has a
    free action
    they may perform in addition to any other action they may possess. This action cannot be prevented from happening (i.e. is immune to roleblock-type actions), though success is not guaranteed (e.g. redirection, target immunity). This check action allows for a player to learn the
    region
    city
    , and
    zodiac
    of a target player.
  • This game will use my best understanding of Natural Action Resolution. If you have a question about an interaction, ask; I shall do my best to answer.
  • While there are seven or more players alive,
    I will not answer questions about endgame scenarios
    , aside from some obvious ones.
  • I realize this is a crazy game in which most people are here to have fun, but until such a time where it is literally impossible to do so,
    you are expected to play towards a WIN
    . As in, your faction victorious and all other factions losing. If you're the last townie in a 1:2:2:2 game, too bad, you're still expected to try and win (as with the right crosskills, it is in fact possible for a lone townie to win!). You knew the game type when you signed up.
I really really really really want to run this game even though it's not quite ready yet to be run, so that's probably what I'm going to be doing next if you're interested in playing a mastina-modded game again. <3
Lexa
Lexa
Goon
Lexa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Lexa »

In post 2403, ThinkBig wrote:Also @Devil and @Lea, why did you kill AA and BBT?
Misdirection. Using the kills to manipulate how we looked to the town. BBT over TB in particular because prana had done a good job of pocketing TB
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

/pre-in
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

I'd also like to be /pre-in for The Joke's On You
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by shannon »

Good job scum, you played well and we didn't deserve the win. The site flake and mod kills didn't help but we definitely had room to improve as a town.

My failings, in particular, were that I got bogged down in seeing Titus as a faker, but you're right, scum would have called for replacement of the slot much earlier than Pep actually got replaced. I also maintained a town read on Prana even though my gut was saying something wasn't right about how he was interacting with Titus. Probably most glaringly, I used my powers to absolutely no effect.

Is there anyone reading this who is willing and available to coach me a bit on my town game? I've just updated my wiki, and while I'm 4/4 as scum (including three perfect wins), I'm only 2 from 11 as town :oops: Clearly there are deficiencies in my town game but I'm blind to what I don't know.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by Alisae »

Oh yeah this game ended.
GTKAS
| here.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Post by Titus »

/pre-in Mastina

Shannon, I am. I love helping people.

I also am modding a unique variant on hydras. Each head can only post per given day. No hydra account. It's in the marathon queue but if the timing is off, I will run as a micro. Comods are awesome too as VC help is awesome.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 2406, ThinkBig wrote:You all are very lucky you killed me over Gin.
You're telling me. It's funny actually, all along you were the guy I could count on to know I'm town, but as it felt like you were all to eager to side with Titus, I couldn't risk it.

Was the "catching out" of Titus a ploy to hopefully not be the NK once you had worked things out? Because I didn't think that at the time, but it looks very much like that is what the plan was, and it may have worked without the combo of Titus calling Gin my partner, and Gin daring her to kill him.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 2418, Titus wrote:/pre-in Mastina

I also am modding a unique variant on hydras. Each head can only post per given day. No hydra account. It's in the marathon queue but if the timing is off, I will run as a micro. Comods are awesome too as VC help is awesome.
Really? Thank you!

How do we get started?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:05 pm

In post 247, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:One not so serious post before serious post.

Does the winning team get cookies?

<<< Depends. Is the winning team the dark side? >>>
THEY NEED COOKIES MASTINA

<<< Image >>>
Last edited by mastina on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2420, shannon wrote:
In post 2418, Titus wrote:/pre-in Mastina

Really? Thank you!

How do we get started?
Shoot me a pm with your skype info.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 2421, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
In post 247, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:One not so serious post before serious post.

Does the winning team get cookies?

<<< Depends. Is the winning team the dark side? >>>
THEY NEED COOKIES MASTINA
I approve of this suggestion.

<<< Image >>>
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet