Mini Normal 1874: Camping Trip Mafia (Game Over)

shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by shannon »

Oh wow, it's over?!

Well done to the people who won this for town xx

Sick and Fykus if you hadn't inadvertently cross-claimed D1 I think this would have been a much tougher challenge.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 1024, Jaack wrote:
In post 1009, Fykus wrote:If anyone could give me some advice or commentary on my play itd be greatly appreciated
I think a big help would have been being more assertive. You're D1 wasn't that bad tbh (although I wasn't reading it in real time which changes perspectives) but you kind of felt a bit aimless.

As for D2 and D3, just being active almost certainly would have helped. I was pretty sure that Jupiter was scum over you, but at the end of the day, it was hard for me to say you were town - there was nothing for me to point to in your recent play.
I find it interesting you thought fykus was town. I mean sure Jupiter played it kind of weird, but the night action debacle and lack of reaction form them towards the other just screamed scum.

Also had scum not killed me, I would have exposed fykus as scum cause I tracked him n1
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by TwoFace »

It's also pretty apparent when an unclaimed player gets killed over the claimed player that the claimed player is probably lying.
Jaack
Jaack
Goon
Jaack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Jaack »

In post 1026, TwoFace wrote: I find it interesting you thought fykus was town. I mean sure Jupiter played it kind of weird, but the night action debacle and lack of reaction form them towards the other just screamed scum.

Also had scum not killed me, I would have exposed fykus as scum cause I tracked him n1
It wasn't so much that I thought fykus was towny, but that I didn't think Jupiter's claim added up. It was a lot easier for me to assume tat Jupiter was scum and Fykus was just newbtown than it was for me to accept that a scum RB would essentially scumclaim to save their partner.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by SensFan »

FWIW, I stand by my thoughts re: claimed players. You're not going to lynch Scum D1 if you won't lynch someone who claims Power.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by TwoFace »

You don't need to lynch scum day 1 to win. The risk of possibly lynching wrong isn't worth the reward imo. Scum faking will easily be caught and other scum aren't going to fake claim so find the partners
JupiterCrush
JupiterCrush
Goon
JupiterCrush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Post by JupiterCrush »

fykus, you gave up in the end and that's never good.

tbh you got screwed over by sick as well, so not much you could have done there.

BV made a good argument on why you were scum based on the fact that if you were town, sick would have tried to mislynch you, but the blunder was obvious and sick didn't think to recover by trying to lynch you by making the survivor look more town. can't really blame you for reacting that way because you prob had no clue what your partner was doing.
JupiterCrush
JupiterCrush
Goon
JupiterCrush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by JupiterCrush »

overall, i think you could try to work on towntelling a little more. i gave you a little more credit than others with your 'noob' claim, as i play with people who tend to have the same habits of looking scummy when actually town. shanon kinda has the same style so i town read you both for it, but when matt claimed, it wasn't a hard decision. matt was a strong town read for me, and i wasn't going to lynch him over you, at best you were a null-leaning town, whereas matt was a strong town lean. If you want to figure out how to look more towny as scum, i'd look over IAI or Matt's ISO and maybe compare yours to theirs and try to note of any key differences in tone or content which they had and you were lacking in, if you emulate that, i think your scum game will greatly improve.

myself, i tend to always be scum read by players because i try to make plans on my own and execute them as both scum and town.

on that note, you also did not emulate your town play as players in this game pointed out, you should work on trying to find a norm in which your scum and town play are near-indistinguishable. Even if that norm as town is to be scum read, it will help you to have a stronger scum game as you can reference the town games to make the argument that people scum reading you are simply not correctly reading your town meta.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Post by Fykus »

thanks jupiter much appreciated. Gonna try get in a couple more newbie games and see how i go. hoping to improve from here on out
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by SensFan »

Wait, the mod(s) actually deleted posts from the postmortem? I'm not impressed.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by TwoFace »

Yes he did. The mod is new so I don't fault him. People know Jupiter is iron so it's ok
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 992, Leonshade wrote:Note: massive did not PM me about the accelerated night. However, everyone else did, including every player with a night action. As the game was going to end, I chose to end the Night early.

Dead PT
Mod PT
Mafia PT

Mafia PT will be released in 24 hours, unless somebody on the mafia team objects.
The Mafia PT has been released.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:16 am

Post by Nexus »

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”