MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 112, Superhans wrote:
In post 111, DeathRowKitty wrote:Were you intending to take me up on the offer (is that what the "speak of the devil!" meant??) or were you just changing votes?

Either way, I'm a frog of my word so

Unvote: IAlwaysWinSometimes

Vote: CooLDoG

fite me
So you're blindly following a player because they're not on the Con wagon, placing your vote on an equally weak wagon.

VOTE: DeathRowKittyCat

I don't mind that you're on a weak wagon (it's RVS so it's NAI), but i do feel uneasy that you think you can place a vote without committing any of your own perspective.

Hope that makes sense.
This is likely a scum bus.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by implosion »

it can't be a scum bus. DRK was a traitor, scumteam didn't know who the traitor was.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 140, implosion wrote:
In post 139, TwoFace wrote:Somebody who makes jokes should have totally seen that claim as a joke
...sometimes people miss things?

in particular i feel like cooldog is the kind of person who'd possibly take something like that literally. This isn't from scanning random games, this is from having seen him post on ms for years in discussion forums. And i certainly don't think he'd lie as scum about thinking that it was legitimate when he knew it was a joke. it's mostly moot anyway. it's not a strong read.

Do you think he's scum lying about having thought it was serious? What is the scum motivation for lying about something so arbitrary when everyone else would obviously know it's a joke?
Two Face is obvTown. I really want to lynch implosion hard.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1901, implosion wrote:it can't be a scum bus. DRK was a traitor, scumteam didn't know who the traitor was.
Still reading here, but you're scummy as fuck in what I've read so far.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1902, MathBlade wrote:
In post 140, implosion wrote:
In post 139, TwoFace wrote:Somebody who makes jokes should have totally seen that claim as a joke
...sometimes people miss things?

in particular i feel like cooldog is the kind of person who'd possibly take something like that literally. This isn't from scanning random games, this is from having seen him post on ms for years in discussion forums. And i certainly don't think he'd lie as scum about thinking that it was legitimate when he knew it was a joke. it's mostly moot anyway. it's not a strong read.

Do you think he's scum lying about having thought it was serious? What is the scum motivation for lying about something so arbitrary when everyone else would obviously know it's a joke?
Two Face is obvTown. I really want to lynch implosion hard.
Are you implying that you think this post is me calling twoface scum? because it isn't. I did call him scum at one point d1 but i was never really sold on it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 144, implosion wrote:in practice, scum don't generally lie about very overt things like that unless there's a very strong reason. i don't have strong evidence for that assertion but i very strongly suspect it's true.

if cooldog is scum i am quite confident that he genuinely thought it wasn't a joke.
Suggesting cooldog lynch here while allowing an if statement to backout.

Pedit: No I'm saying Twoface is town and that post of yours after is horrible and makes you scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 157, implosion wrote:
Superhans wrote:@Implosion ur vote on ConMan was super poor. Even poorer to take it back by saying you now scum read him.

If you don't want him lynched, why vote? You're not being transparent.
I thought it was implicit in my not thinking he was scum. Early wagons are often a matter of seeing what happens with them/how the person being wagoned reacts/how others react to generate information. The second of these obviously flubbed because cmm hasn't been here and now there are no real wagons.
In post 154, havingfitz wrote:
In post 144, implosion wrote:if cooldog is scum i am quite confident that he genuinely thought it wasn't a joke.
What if Cool Dog is town?
...then he genuinely thought it wasn't a joke by default, because if he's town then I'm assuming he wasn't lying about something like that and it doesn't really make sense to even consider the possibility of it imo.
My brain feels like mashed potatoes reading this...
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 165, Superhans wrote:@Fitz, Yup.

Implosion has shamelessly admitted to blindly following a wagon, not because he thinks it necessarily contains scum, but because he liked the players on the wagon.
It would also not be difficult for even a slightly self-aware scum to say that the vote was a pressure vote on a lurker. Therefore, I think Implosion is probably being honest, and he genuinely just sheeped town players as town.

What do you think Fitz?
This is horrible too. Superhans / one are scum as well.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1899, MathBlade wrote:
In post 103, DeathRowKitty wrote:Mmkay.

I'll tell you what; I'll follow the first person to leave the CMM wagon onto whatever wagon they want, as long as it isn't on me.
This is scummy as fuck. I don't like this post.
DRK flipped scum
Im a dog that quacks
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1905, MathBlade wrote:
In post 144, implosion wrote:in practice, scum don't generally lie about very overt things like that unless there's a very strong reason. i don't have strong evidence for that assertion but i very strongly suspect it's true.

if cooldog is scum i am quite confident that he genuinely thought it wasn't a joke.

Pedit: No I'm saying Twoface is town and that post of yours after is horrible and makes you scum.
uh what
this is me explicitly saying the reasoning for a cooldog lynch (that he lied) is bad.
I say if he's scum he told the truth but that doesn't mean i'm calling him scum or suggesting a lynch; i call him town in other posts explicitly.
how do you get me suggesting a cooldog lynch out of this?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 244, Superhans wrote:
In post 239, IAlwaysWinSometimes wrote:
In post 219, Eddie Cane wrote:VOTE: user [/vote)
I just wanted to know, I didn't plan on voting yet. I don't feel comfortable voting right now because everything right now feels so subjective, like everyone's going off their gut and finding flimsy 'evidence' to support it. My gut is leaning toward cooldog but I honestly have no clue.
This.

Completely agree, Pepe acting like we're all set on lynching CoolDog, but on what?

My case or.DRK is flimsy not.going to lie.
UNVOTE:
And i take back my town read on Implosion.
Lynch implosion and superhans will all due haste.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1909, implosion wrote:
In post 1905, MathBlade wrote:

uh what
this is me explicitly saying the reasoning for a cooldog lynch (that he lied) is bad.
I say if he's scum he told the truth but that doesn't mean i'm calling him scum or suggesting a lynch; i call him town in other posts explicitly.
how do you get me suggesting a cooldog lynch out of this?
If cooldog is scum >> To determine if cooldog is town or scum you need a flip. Therefore you are suggesting a cooldog flipped world and suggesting a cooldog flip.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Initial reads are scum in Implosion/kop/one.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by implosion »

well i don't necessarily disagree with those reads.
If cooldog is scum >> To determine if cooldog is town or scum you need a flip. Therefore you are suggesting a cooldog flipped world and suggesting a cooldog flip.
This is reading in to things that are not there.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 293, DeathRowKitty wrote:Prod received. Was keeping brain-related activities to a minimum the past couple of days.

This game is terrible and I pretty much hate all of you except probably implosion because he's implosion and hopefully Desully I guess but probably not

WhemeStar wagon sucks, havingfitz votes are probably being wasted, CooLDoG makes me uncomfortable tbh but I'm more uncomfortable with the votes on that wagon than I am with anything about CooLDog himself. The rest of our votes are kinda worthless

I think that about sums up the current gamestate

Unvote: Superhans

Vote: Two Face

I believe that this is our next wagon. Get on it.
?? hates all except probably implosion...That's an odd way of saying things. And Desully? Let me look back at flips
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah I think that's a traitor crumb that implosion is scum with DRK. I'd be very shocked if implosion didn't flip scum here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 382, implosion wrote:
In post 377, TwoFace wrote:@imp - if a player intentionally lied in a manor to deceive everyone in the game. Is that AI to you? Answer and explain your reasoning
Wow, not a leading question at all!

First, no, I would not say that this is a specific enough action to be alignment-indicative on its own. That's an extremely general action. There are tons of different ways to lie.

To answer the question that you're obviously intending to ask, I don't think cooldog has lied. If i'm reading correctly the lies are:
1) the thinking the claim was real, which I've argued about extensively and pointed out that havingfitz
also thought it was real.
Did fitz lie too? Are they both scum for that?
2) the "premeditated" thing, where he says to wait for the vote-prodded response, then accuses wheme of only posting when prodded by votes. This is a much better point than point 1 actually, I'd say it's worth some amount of scumpoints for cooldog, but over my years on this site I have discovered and accounted for what was probably my largest bias: thinking that logic is indicative of town. It isn't, and the reverse holds as well: incorrect logic is not indicative of scum.

It's possible that cooldog set that up to try to make wheme look facetiously scummy, but (a) that's not a particularly strong way of getting others to agree with you because we'll obviously see through it and (b)
it doesn't exactly take a lot to paint wheme as scummy
. Wheme is a player who naturally obscures his opinions and it's very easy to push a case on him; there's no need for scum-cooldog to go out of his way like this. It's still possible and so he gets some amount of scum points for that, but it's perfectly possible as well that he is simply perceiving the game through a different lens that we are. Maybe he didn't realize that wheme had been posting earlier, maybe he has some other explanation; he hasn't commented since it.

To be completely honest, it's actually grating on my nerves to defend his point. I agree with you that cooldog's point here is absolutely terrible. But I see it more strongly as bad play than as scummy play. I completely see the train of thought and I don't fault you for scumreading him for it even if you are wrong. I've just seen too many players saying stupid things as town to think that it's as heavily scum-indicative as you're saying you think it is.

Too many words to say scummy play is okay. CoolDog does terrible shit as town but to try to say it isn't scummy is bad.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by implosion »

it wasn't scummy.

it was bad. it wasn't indicative of scum.

and i've mentioned this but drk and i basically signed up to play this game together bc we hadn't played mafia together in a long time.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by implosion »

i am not saying "scummy play is okay."

Cooldog's play was not "okay." it was very bad.
That doesn't mean it's correct to lynch him for it, if the play isn't indicative of scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

WhemeStar likely town fruit vendor..
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 612, Kop wrote:Sorry it's been some time since replacing in, and not posting. Not fully up to date just now, but from what I've seen, this is pinging my attention right now.

VOTE: IalwaysWinSometimes

I don't like his idea of wanting to direct Wheme on where to go, I can understand the logic behind it all, but it creates far too much WIFOM and it could create a lot more problems by doing so. It also strikes me as trying far too hard to be pro town and wanting to look good in the process, like he's actively looking for scum.
DeathRowKitty and kop tunnel on IAWS means IAWS likely town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 618, implosion wrote:Deadline's looming and I like this more than cooldog.

I also don't actually have any solid scumreads yet which is unfortunate. just vague suspicion in several directions. Alas.

Unvote

VOTE: IAlwaysWinSometimes
Scums off the CD wagon here.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 759, implosion wrote:I actually finally have a townread on horror assuming cd townflip. I don't think he has any reason to waffle to iaws and back as scum when I already said I'd deadline hammer cd. Not sure what to think of him if cd flips scum, will take more thought then but if cd flips scum we should have a trove of info to look at in general so etc
Assumes facts not in evidence to likely buddy horror
GTKAS -- MathBlade
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by implosion »

mathblade i feel like every post you've quoted from me has several possible interpretations and in each case you've listed the worst possible interpretation.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: implosion
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”