Mini Normal 1908 - In The Web (Game Over)

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

can it really just be as simple as MMM and ircher
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Ircher »

[VOTE: Penguin

Currently my strongest scmread.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Ircher »

Disclaimer before MM4 accuses me of changing reads on a whim: I read through some of the ISIOs while compiling this.

Spoiler: Reads
Confirmed Town
(From my perspective) (98%-100% Confidence)
Ircher  (100%) - Role PM
Kelvin Smith (99%) - I've liked him throughout the game, and his Cop claim on scum cements his town status.

Likely Town
(85%-97% Confidence)

Leaning Town
(60%-84% Confidence)

Null
(0% - 30% Confidence; No/Very Weak Read)

Neutral
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read)
Gamma (+41%) - and were the basis of my early townread here. Mainly because of the fact that his reads were consistent, and he responded pretty well to pressure. My "serious" vote early in the game on Gamma was mainly because of , but I later realized that post is really null-indicative. (I was being silly I guess...) I like his response to Mort in . The somewhat-a-contradiction between and pings a little bit, but in the end, it doesn't affect my read that much. Not sure why he claimed in .... I guess he's just frustrated. (Not sure what to make of that....) Just the way he posts makes it hard to get a strong read here.

MMM (+38%) - really has the wrong feel. actually has good vibes to it. makes his push on Transcend look really bad.... --why would you park your vote on someone who you are quite obviously biased against because of the insults he sent yor way? I honestly can't see how such is town-motivated. (Caveat: Anti-town, not scummy.) has a good, laidback feel to it. was a decent lynch pool at the time of the post (though I disagree with lynching Yoshi at the time.) is a good post (and not just because I'm biased.) This one is a mixed bag -- seems to alternate between good and bad posting....

Tarkus (+34%) - feels like a good post. is bad but not really alignment indicative. (The Fitz wagon was not a Policy Lynch.) A few good posts, not too many bad posts, but honestly, I kinda want more from this slot.

Paul/Grey/RayFrost (+31%) - Don't like ; 5 pages in is more than enough to make a catch up post if you're that many pages behind. is just weird. really catches my attention as Grey tries to push a derp thing from Paul as a townslip. Posts like are just annoying fluff. would've been fine if there wasn't the "probably" at the end. is a bad joke. is fine I guess. Lots of Ray's early posts are excuses as to why he cannot catch up, but I'm not questioning their legitimacy right now. Disagree with , but it's probably the first town post I've really seen from the slot. Kinda like Ray's posting though...

Mario (-31%) - Kinda weird not to have scumreads by (post]288[/post]. The lack of any kind of scumreads by is a bit alarming, but understandable -- most of the players in the game feel town. is a good post. is kinda meh. is false as there was quite a few counters to Wheme. feels too dismissive. Alas, being true seems to be a thing on this site. : "I have posted 78 times" -- Maybe 15 of them are actually useful? Number of posts doesn't matter quite as much as what's in it. Not sure what to make of the "It's not Ircher's fault that he is a Scumlord" comment. is a misrep of my stances. Nothing in show me stating that Penguin was mod!conf scum. It showed that I thought Penguin was the best lynch out of the lynches I considered viable. is biased misinterpretation. Not sure what made you think but to clarify, what you ruled out is more as to what I meant. (Perhaps my statement was ambiguous to some extent, but your flat out refusal to accept my explanation is obnoxious.) and are decent posts. is a good post (as well as the earlier vote.)

Delbird/Penguin (-42%) - really doesn't read right. What's to say town cannot be confident? Like, I feel you need more than just that. Don't like and 's assertion that Mort's lack of analysis is alignment indicative. It COULD BE indicative, but is it indicative or is Penguin just trying to find a reason to scumread Mort? feels like he was trying to warp the argument to something else. Don't get what Penguin is suggesting in tbh.
I would like to note for Mario's sake that I have no where near a strong scumread on this slot.
That said, I do have a scumread here currently.

Leaning Scum
(60%-75% Confidence)

Likely Scum
(76%-100% Confidence)

Spoiler: How to read this readslist
Players are placed in different sections based on my confidence in the read expressed as a percentage. A positive percentage indicates that I leans towards town on a player whereas a negative percentage indicates I lean towards scum on a player. Please note that the Null an Neutral sections contain both townreads and scumreads and you must look a the sign of the percentage in parenthesis to determine which way I lean.

Confidence ratings are rough estimates and are relative to one another. In addition, they tend to be scored on a logarithmic scale versus a linear scale; in other words, the difference between 0% and 30% tends to be greater than ther difference between 30% and 60%.

Also, this readslist is from a template I have, and it is from my perspective. There is no reason to scumread me just for including myself in my readslists as it is a stylistic issue versus an alignment indicative issue.

I didn't get to everyone, but most of the people not on here are prob. townleans.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 10:58 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Putting yourself and Kelvin as confirmed and throwing everyone as neutral, I mean like.... doesn't really mean much.
There's a fine line between genius and sociopathy.
#sundevils #forksup
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:10 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2028, BigYoshiFan wrote:Putting yourself and Kelvin as confirmed and throwing everyone as neutral, I mean like.... doesn't really mean much.
You're not wrong. It's pretty fence-sitty. But at the same time, he doesn't have a huge amount to go off of. Our Day 1 lynch wasn't ideal (we can probably try to glean some info, if we analyze it, but we could use more). The Night 1 death was on a pretty town player, so there isn't much room for speculation there. Day 2 pretty much didn't exist and there's not anything to glean off of people sheeping a Cop claim. Night 2 was again a pretty clear town player, so there's still not anything to speculate on. We might be looking at a game of Vote Count Analysis and Follow the Cop in the coming Days unless we have some sort of breakthrough.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:11 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

I honestly wish I hadn't said that because my reads list is probably gonna look the same.
#sundevils #forksup
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:18 am

Post by MMM »

In post 2025, MarioManiac4 wrote:can it really just be as simple as MMM and ircher
Yes of course it's that simple, why bother letting people explain shit when you already know scum with as much confidence as a cop with an inspect on everyone?
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:19 am

Post by MMM »

In post 2010, MarioManiac4 wrote:No miller 2shot watcher claim
I am disappoint

MMM vote was largely on him going way too far into the nightkill for town
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... 2-PM-2-2-9 Have a read through day 1 and tell me NKA is a bad idea.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 2010, MarioManiac4 wrote: MMM vote was largely on him going way too far into the nightkill for town
We talked about this before, but you know those moments where you stare at something for like... 30 minutes and you still don't understand what they're saying.
#sundevils #forksup
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:40 am

Post by Priscila »

Sorry I cannot read this with the color, it's very bright and it hurts my eyes.
In post 2027, Ircher wrote:Disclaimer before MM4 accuses me of changing reads on a whim: I read through some of the ISIOs while compiling this.

Spoiler: Reads
Confirmed Town
(From my perspective) (98%-100% Confidence)
Ircher (100%) - Role PM
Kelvin Smith (99%) - I've liked him throughout the game, and his Cop claim on scum cements his town status.

Likely Town
(85%-97% Confidence)

Leaning Town
(60%-84% Confidence)

Null
(0% - 30% Confidence; No/Very Weak Read)

Neutral
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read)
Gamma (+41%) - and were the basis of my early townread here. Mainly because of the fact that his reads were consistent, and he responded pretty well to pressure. My "serious" vote early in the game on Gamma was mainly because of , but I later realized that post is really null-indicative. (I was being silly I guess...) I like his response to Mort in . The somewhat-a-contradiction between and pings a little bit, but in the end, it doesn't affect my read that much. Not sure why he claimed in .... I guess he's just frustrated. (Not sure what to make of that....) Just the way he posts makes it hard to get a strong read here.

MMM (+38%) - really has the wrong feel. actually has good vibes to it. makes his push on Transcend look really bad.... --why would you park your vote on someone who you are quite obviously biased against because of the insults he sent yor way? I honestly can't see how such is town-motivated. (Caveat: Anti-town, not scummy.) has a good, laidback feel to it. was a decent lynch pool at the time of the post (though I disagree with lynching Yoshi at the time.) is a good post (and not just because I'm biased.) This one is a mixed bag -- seems to alternate between good and bad posting....

Tarkus (+34%) - feels like a good post. is bad but not really alignment indicative. (The Fitz wagon was not a Policy Lynch.) A few good posts, not too many bad posts, but honestly, I kinda want more from this slot.

Paul/Grey/RayFrost (+31%) - Don't like ; 5 pages in is more than enough to make a catch up post if you're that many pages behind. is just weird. really catches my attention as Grey tries to push a derp thing from Paul as a townslip. Posts like are just annoying fluff. would've been fine if there wasn't the "probably" at the end. is a bad joke. is fine I guess. Lots of Ray's early posts are excuses as to why he cannot catch up, but I'm not questioning their legitimacy right now. Disagree with , but it's probably the first town post I've really seen from the slot. Kinda like Ray's posting though...

Mario (-31%) - Kinda weird not to have scumreads by (post]288[/post]. The lack of any kind of scumreads by is a bit alarming, but understandable -- most of the players in the game feel town. is a good post. is kinda meh. is false as there was quite a few counters to Wheme. feels too dismissive. Alas, being true seems to be a thing on this site. : "I have posted 78 times" -- Maybe 15 of them are actually useful? Number of posts doesn't matter quite as much as what's in it. Not sure what to make of the "It's not Ircher's fault that he is a Scumlord" comment. is a misrep of my stances. Nothing in show me stating that Penguin was mod!conf scum. It showed that I thought Penguin was the best lynch out of the lynches I considered viable. is biased misinterpretation. Not sure what made you think but to clarify, what you ruled out is more as to what I meant. (Perhaps my statement was ambiguous to some extent, but your flat out refusal to accept my explanation is obnoxious.) and are decent posts. is a good post (as well as the earlier vote.)

Delbird/Penguin (-42%) - really doesn't read right. What's to say town cannot be confident? Like, I feel you need more than just that. Don't like and 's assertion that Mort's lack of analysis is alignment indicative. It COULD BE indicative, but is it indicative or is Penguin just trying to find a reason to scumread Mort? feels like he was trying to warp the argument to something else. Don't get what Penguin is suggesting in tbh.
I would like to note for Mario's sake that I have no where near a strong scumread on this slot.
That said, I do have a scumread here currently.

Leaning Scum
(60%-75% Confidence)

Likely Scum
(76%-100% Confidence)

Spoiler: How to read this readslist
Players are placed in different sections based on my confidence in the read expressed as a percentage. A positive percentage indicates that I leans towards town on a player whereas a negative percentage indicates I lean towards scum on a player. Please note that the Null an Neutral sections contain both townreads and scumreads and you must look a the sign of the percentage in parenthesis to determine which way I lean.

Confidence ratings are rough estimates and are relative to one another. In addition, they tend to be scored on a logarithmic scale versus a linear scale; in other words, the difference between 0% and 30% tends to be greater than ther difference between 30% and 60%.

Also, this readslist is from a template I have, and it is from my perspective. There is no reason to scumread me just for including myself in my readslists as it is a stylistic issue versus an alignment indicative issue.

I didn't get to everyone, but most of the people not on here are prob. townleans.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Priscila »

Tier list

PenguinPower, TwoFace, Kelvin Smith, RayFrost
MarioManiac4
Ircher, BigYoshiFan, MMM
Gamma Emerald

vote: Gamma Emerald
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Priscila »

I will explain my reads in depth as I have time but for now - I do not feel that Gamma has been genuinely scumhunting this game and I think that he came out yesterday defending fitz very much like a partner would.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:45 am

Post by RayFrost »

Priscila, can you explain to us how PenguinPower and myself are on the same level of townread as a confirmed town player (twoface, dead) and a player who's all but confirmed (kelvin smith)? Because I'm not seeing that.
don't you feel silly now?
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2035, Priscila wrote:Tier list

PenguinPower, TwoFace, Kelvin Smith, RayFrost
MarioManiac4
Ircher, BigYoshiFan, MMM
Gamma Emerald

vote: Gamma Emerald
Yeah, I'm gonna need you to explain all of this.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Priscila »

One comment: I think that the way that Titus replaced out was very sudden and strange and probably there was some infighting in the scum team, from this I expect that she was being bussed and was unhappy about that. I am looking at Ircher for the prime suspect here.

If I have to pick a team, it is fitz+Gamma+Ircher.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Priscila »

In post 2037, RayFrost wrote:Priscila, can you explain to us how PenguinPower and myself are on the same level of townread as a confirmed town player (twoface, dead) and a player who's all but confirmed (kelvin smith)? Because I'm not seeing that.
Sorry it was my readslist from last night, I forgot to change. That tier is my townreads.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2039, Priscila wrote:One comment: I think that the way that Titus replaced out was very sudden and strange and probably there was some infighting in the scum team, from this I expect that she was being bussed and was unhappy about that. I am looking at Ircher for the prime suspect here.

If I have to pick a team, it is fitz+Gamma+Ircher.
1. Please elaborate on why you think there was infighting.

2. Why is Ircher your prime suspect?

3. You don't have to pick a scum team. What is the purpose of naming one?

4. How did Gamma get in that mix? You have to explain that read too.
In post 2040, Priscila wrote:
In post 2037, RayFrost wrote:Priscila, can you explain to us how PenguinPower and myself are on the same level of townread as a confirmed town player (twoface, dead) and a player who's all but confirmed (kelvin smith)? Because I'm not seeing that.
Sorry it was my readslist from last night, I forgot to change. That tier is my townreads.
Yes, but why is that your tier list?
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Priscila »

Yes, I will explain as I have time! Please be patient :)
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Priscila »

In post 2041, Kelvin Smith wrote:3. You don't have to pick a scum team. What is the purpose of naming one?
At this point, it can be helpful to me to think about possible teams.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2042, Priscila wrote:Yes, I will explain as I have time! Please be patient :)
You take as much time as you want. Just be prepared to receive votes if you don't answer in a timely manner. If you make such an opportunistic-looking list, you've got to be prepared to back it up.
In post 2043, Priscila wrote:
In post 2041, Kelvin Smith wrote:3. You don't have to pick a scum team. What is the purpose of naming one?
That's not how you framed it though. You said it like somebody was requiring you to have a scum team.

I want to hear more of what Priscilla has to say (well, not me, personally, since I won't be here), but I feel like she's a good candidate right now, if her posting doesn't improve.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

VOTE: Priscila
Incentive to respond sooner. I'm basically sheeping Ray's suspicion in 2037 and the theory in 2039 is so radical it's suspicious to me. Also, Hikari's opinion that the reads list is opportunistic.
#sundevils #forksup
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Priscila »

I prefer to go over on the early game now, starting from RVS. I'll progress to later in the game and get current over the next day or two as I have time. I may jump back and forth a little to address thoughts on most recent events as I need to.

Spoiler:
In post 68, Titus wrote:
In post 63, MMM wrote:VOTE: Titus I feel like if I don't vote you now you're gonna tunnel me again and I don't like being tunnelled
?
When I see this I don't know if this is Titus feeling nonplussed because it's her bud or because she is simply being awkward. This line is also somewhat awkward from MMM, not because the internal logic seems inconsistent but because coming out with such an elaborate reason for an RVS vote feels strange to me. It's followed up by this:
In post 72, MMM wrote:I'm deathly scared of you from that vengeful marathon game where you were the only one who thought I was scum and tunnelled me on it ok don't judge me
Which again feels slightly overdone and just a little awkward. If he was referring to normal game, perhaps it would be more fitting, but this seems strangely specific for the context. Still, this is a very minor thing.

They both are absent for the thread for a little after this, until a post by MMM:
In post 116, MMM wrote:Titus+Mort/BYF+GE for early scum team imo
Which feels a little disjointed to me - his vote on Titus was RVS and yet he is now genuinely suspecting her as scum? Maybe he is just making severe judgments from only a little content, but he seems a bit lurky and this post feels like an empty way to display scumhunting.

I feel slightly better about his immediately follow-up:
In post 123, MMM wrote:Not associating anyone that's just who I think is scummiest atm

Titus for reactions on me
Mort/BYF gives me TvS vibes
GE just feels scummy to me
In post 124, MMM wrote:Also it's the first 5 pages it's bound to be superficial
But then this again feels a little staged to me:
In post 127, MMM wrote:Mort feels more town to me rn tbh
In post 131, MMM wrote:I don't think being worried about being incriminated by scum it inherently scummy, however page 2 is just way too early for that. "Coincidentally", Titus pointed out 7 posts earlier that Mort was also just looking for things to attack... I just wonder whether actually got two scum right there or it's actually too good to be true.
This confidence here to have caught two scum at this point is bothering me a little, because unless this is a personality thing of overconfidence the assumption that he has caught two scum doesn't feel super villagery. I'll be noting it for the future. My unease somewhat lessened by the fact that I was also suspecting Titus and BYF at this point.
In post 135, MMM wrote:The two scum that I saw would be Yoshi and Titus. I don't think it was wrong for Mort to attack Yoshi when and how he did given that at that phase in the game you do have to do something to cause game progression, Titus seemed really quick to chainsaw and BYF picked up on Titus' defense quickly.
This is something that I like more from MMM, and being able to articulate his reasoning definitely assuages some of the ill feelings I was having up to this point.

Overall feelings from MMM coming out of RVS are a little bit of worry about his awkwardness and his lack of active engagement of other players, but I get enough of a look that he is sorting players despite not interacting with them to feel okay about him. I think his general approach to RVS is fairly villagery.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by Priscila »

In post 2044, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2042, Priscila wrote:Yes, I will explain as I have time! Please be patient :)
You take as much time as you want. Just be prepared to receive votes if you don't answer in a timely manner. If you make such an opportunistic-looking list, you've got to be prepared to back it up.
How is it opportunistic?
In post 2044, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2043, Priscila wrote:
That's not how you framed it though. You said it like somebody was requiring you to have a scum team.

I want to hear more of what Priscilla has to say (well, not me, personally, since I won't be here), but I feel like she's a good candidate right now, if her posting doesn't improve.
You misinterpreted me, I think. After a scum flip, at the later stage in the game, I like to think in terms of scumteams. There's really nothing more to that. It's a "gun to my head" thing.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Post by Priscila »

In post 2045, BigYoshiFan wrote:VOTE: Priscila
Incentive to respond sooner. I'm basically sheeping Ray's suspicion in 2037 and the theory in 2039 is so radical it's suspicious to me. Also, Hikari's opinion that the reads list is opportunistic.
Why do you think it is opportunistic? I don't really know what that suspicious is, so I can't comment.
Tão forte e tão fragil.
Priscila
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Priscila
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Priscila »

I am genuinely confused as to how I can come out with my first content as a tier list and a vote and people call that opportunistic?
Tão forte e tão fragil.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”