Mini Normal 1908 - In The Web (Game Over)

Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:27 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2472, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 2470, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2469, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 2468, Kelvin Smith wrote:Perhaps the real Cop or other investigative role is holding back to gather more info?
We have massclaimed. Why would they hold back when they could get a scum lynched and we have asked all to claim?
Because a counterclaim is a 1-for-1 trade that arguably gives scum more information than town. If I was scum, a real Cop would potentially be better off not counterclaiming, since he could spend several more Nights getting results. And if he ever got NKed, it would confirm me as scum anyway, so tha wouldn't be a concern.
A 1 for 1 trade benefits town immensely. And it is only 2 mislynches before LYLO. There are 9 players left in the game. If there is any unclaimed PR and they don't claim now, they get lynched later.
Meh. I think they are kind of weak. I'd rather get a better trade, if possible. But maybe I'm just greedy.

Anyway, I'm going to bed.
New main account for the Scummer Formerly Known as Hikari Link.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:30 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2470, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2469, MarioManiac4 wrote:
In post 2468, Kelvin Smith wrote:Perhaps the real Cop or other investigative role is holding back to gather more info?
We have massclaimed. Why would they hold back when they could get a scum lynched and we have asked all to claim?
Because a counterclaim is a 1-for-1 trade that arguably gives scum more information than town. If I was scum, a real Cop would potentially be better off not counterclaiming, since he could spend several more Nights getting results. And if he ever got NKed, it would confirm me as scum anyway, so tha wouldn't be a concern.
While this isn't a correct assessment, there's other reasons that your claim is believable.

Let's assume you are scum for a moment and think about what you did:
You claimed cop in a game where you wouldn't know for sure if there was a cop, to claim a guilty on your scumbuddy who had "gotten away" with a watcher claim (meaning no counterclaim) and was about to be lynched in all likelihood due to the scumminess of their play.

So you prematurely fakeclaimed, with minimal information, in order to... do what? You were already townread. This just increased your risk for no actual gain.
don't you feel silly now?
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:31 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2474, RayFrost wrote:The person who called for mass-claim was priscilla.

I had no intentions to mass-claim when I claimed.
Okay, that's fair enough. Like I said, I couldn't remember who initiated it. Not that it matters. I don't necessarily think it was that bad anymore. Though that might just be hindsight. At the time, I thought it was really bad to call for a massclaim when we had an all-but-confirmed Cop, no Roleblocker, and a potential Doctor lurking about. Honestly, thinking about it more, it kinda still bothers me. I might want to look at Priscilla a little more.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:31 am

Post by RayFrost »

For my clarification, you will be able to investigate tomorrow night. Yes?
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:32 am

Post by MMM »

In post 2473, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2471, MMM wrote:
In post 2466, Kelvin Smith wrote:Has anybody at all considered that my claim may be fake? Granted, I don't think my scum game is that strong that I could've faked that level of breadcrumb. But still, my claim seems to be universally unquestioned.
I have considered that, actually, but I never said anything about it since having thought for it for a bit hard bussing the roleblocker would have honestly been pretty fucking stupid.
That's what makes it so goddamn diabolical. You might not know this about me, but I have no problems bussing my teammates whatsoever. The only real risk I'd run is a counterclaim.
1. So basically you're saying that from Ray's point of view, you should be confirmed scum, and vice versa?
2. As scum, how would you explain to town having survived another, say, 2 nights?
3. Assuming the lack of your death doesn't give you away, what results would you give after the scum roleblocker is a goner and you can't reasonably claim to not get results?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:32 am

Post by RayFrost »

By tomorrow, I mean this game night, words are hard
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:33 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

Man, I hate you guys. Stop pointing out why my claim is so damn believable. I was trying for a long-shot gambit to get scum to counterclaim me. It wasn't going to happen, of course, but it was worth a shot. I just wanted to try some wacky stuff for my last game and you guys had to come and be all reasonable.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:34 am

Post by RayFrost »

Don't do silly things.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:35 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: Kelvin Smith
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:35 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2479, MMM wrote:1. So basically you're saying that from Ray's point of view, you should be confirmed scum, and vice versa?
2. As scum, how would you explain to town having survived another, say, 2 nights?
3. Assuming the lack of your death doesn't give you away, what results would you give after the scum roleblocker is a goner and you can't reasonably claim to not get results?
How does 1 follow from what he said?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:36 am

Post by RayFrost »

In post 2483, MarioManiac4 wrote:VOTE: Kelvin Smith
You've lost me.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:36 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Well it'd just be rude to not vote him after he asked so politely!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:38 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: Yoshi
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:39 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2478, RayFrost wrote:For my clarification, you will be able to investigate tomorrow night. Yes?
Yeah, but that's why I'm pretty confident I'm dead tonight.
In post 2479, MMM wrote:
In post 2471, MMM wrote:
In post 2466, Kelvin Smith wrote:Has anybody at all considered that my claim may be fake? Granted, I don't think my scum game is that strong that I could've faked that level of breadcrumb. But still, my claim seems to be universally unquestioned.
I have considered that, actually, but I never said anything about it since having thought for it for a bit hard bussing the roleblocker would have honestly been pretty fucking stupid.
That's what makes it so goddamn diabolical. You might not know this about me, but I have no problems bussing my teammates whatsoever. The only real risk I'd run is a counterclaim.
1. So basically you're saying that from Ray's point of view, you should be confirmed scum, and vice versa?
1. Nah. I'm saying that was my mindset when I first saw the claim. But looking at the full claim list, the setup honestly doesn't feel that stacked. Quite tame, honestly.

2. Scum are leaving me alive to make me look suspicious or some such bullshit.

3. Well, Odd-Night is pretty infrequent. I'd only have to give one or two more innocents or guilties. And I could always just lie to fuck with you guys.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:40 am

Post by MMM »

In post 2484, RayFrost wrote:
In post 2479, MMM wrote:1. So basically you're saying that from Ray's point of view, you should be confirmed scum, and vice versa?
I have deliberately taken it out of context.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:41 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

In post 2482, RayFrost wrote:Don't do silly things.
Eh. Low risk, high reward. It could've worked if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
In post 2486, MarioManiac4 wrote:Well it'd just be rude to not vote him after he asked so politely!
I don't recall asking for that in the slightest.
In post 2489, MMM wrote:
In post 2484, RayFrost wrote:
I have deliberately taken it out of context.
To what end?
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 12:49 am

Post by MMM »

In post 2488, Kelvin Smith wrote:
In post 2479, MMM wrote:
In post 2471, MMM wrote:
1. Nah. I'm saying that was my mindset when I first saw the claim. But looking at the full claim list, the setup honestly doesn't feel that stacked. Quite tame, honestly.

2. Scum are leaving me alive to make me look suspicious or some such bullshit.

3. Well, Odd-Night is pretty infrequent. I'd only have to give one or two more innocents or guilties. And I could always just lie to fuck with you guys.
1. Fair nuff. Also regarding your above, the end was to get this answer/stance from you (obviously (?))
2.5. (because it's in between 2 and 3... ok that wasn't very funny) You'd pretty much have to lock your entire play for the next bunch of days though. As in, lynch a VT today, kill Ircher, get a guilty on your other partner, kill Ray/PP/MM4, mislynch another VT, kill another inno, get a guilty on the last VT. And it would be HIGHLY unlikely that scum doesn't just outright kill you under the assumption that you're town so you'd be had sooner or later.
Kelvin Smith
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Kelvin Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 1:02 am

Post by Kelvin Smith »

1. What would you hope to gain from purposely taking me out of context? I understood you wanted my stance or answer, but what kind of answer were you looking for? What would have been indicative of alignment?

2.5. I could envision a world where a scum team would try a stupid gambit like keeping a Cop alive as a mislynch target. Though the point is kind of moot, since my ploy has been exposed. Unless you think this whole sequence of events has been me as scum pulling some really bizarre gambit.

I'm going to bed for real now.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 1:58 am

Post by MMM »

In post 2492, Kelvin Smith wrote:1. What would you hope to gain from purposely taking me out of context? I understood you wanted my stance or answer, but what kind of answer were you looking for? What would have been indicative of alignment?

2.5. I could envision a world where a scum team would try a stupid gambit like keeping a Cop alive as a mislynch target. Though the point is kind of moot, since my ploy has been exposed. Unless you think this whole sequence of events has been me as scum pulling some really bizarre gambit.

I'm going to bed for real now.
1. I usually don't actually know what answer I'm looking for - just that I want some sort of answer that I can elaborate on later. I'm not meticulous, and I really tend to do things as I go along, which I think this is a good example of. There was also the slim chance that my deliberately inflated interpretation was correct, which it temporarily actually appeared to have been, and I'm a bit surprised at how it wasn't as unreasonable as I had thought.

2.5. I could see scum keeping a PR alive for some dumb reason, but quite frankly, not if it's a Cop that can get hard guilties and innocents especially in the current game state. And given how town read you were, and still are, I really doubt you'd need to pull such a gambit as scum.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 2:04 am

Post by MMM »

Went as far as page 24. Too much Transcend/Twoface/Titus/me drama and not much that's actually helpful.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 6:29 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

The priority for players in the lynchpool is determining whether PP/Ray/me are scum.
I really don't see BYF/Gamma. And I think Priscila is far more town than MMM. I'm finding it harder and harder to see MMM as town honestly.
VOTE: MMM
Let's see where this vote goes.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 6:41 am

Post by RayFrost »

MMM's posting today, while it does seem suspect to me, is not suspicious enough for me to vote him over bigyoshifan at this time
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 8:04 am

Post by ThinkBig »

I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

I feel like if BYF was scum MMM/Priscila would be resisting his lynch more.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Mon May 29, 2017 9:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Um read on me?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”