HolySpiritTurtle
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 am

Post by HolySpiritTurtle »

I mean it's already fucked up when I read more than others.
Rhah
Rhah
Goon
Rhah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Rhah »

In post 1122, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:
In post 1118, Rhah wrote:VOTE: Dunkerdoodles

Doing my part.
What happened to all these?
In post 606, Rhah wrote:I'll be honest, I thought he was still a wagon. I also scumread Alisae, HolySpiritTurtle, and Nero Cain. Maybe the latter's a better wagon.
I guess they still exist sort of but I'm not really confident.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Cabd »

Looking forward to lady shiro's contributions.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

could you explain your scumread on me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1118, Rhah wrote:VOTE: Dunkerdoodles

Doing my part.
thank you for your part in helping
Rhah
Rhah
Goon
Rhah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Rhah »

2IAM's not that great of a choice to scumread.

Nero Cain wrote:could you explain your scumread on me?
When I'm home maybe but there's not a lot of depth. Some of your posts I didn't like and points about Whiskers felt like a scum push. Found myself agreeing with gerryoat's then read on you.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1069, Nauci wrote:Quick, why do you keep conflating would-have-policy-lynched-you-for-your-first-few-pages with would-lynch-you-now?
I'm not???
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Nero is making better pushes than whiskers
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1078, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:Also policy lynching means not giving a damn about what kind of role the lynchee is so "what if I'm a PR?" is lol
I used that argument to see what Whiskers would say because I have never seen someone use the argument I used.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1092, Cabd wrote:I am pushing a wagon to lynch today.

We need enough time to analyze the flip and go for the second flip.
Why "a" wagon and not "two wagons"?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Cabd »

Literally today as in world-time not game-today.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Quick »

Going to:

VOTE: Whiskers

There are a few reasons for this.

First, the fact that they are not questioning the double day thing
Second, they said they wanted to PL me when they haven't even played with me bofore
Third, they are more concerned with defending themselves than pushing their Scum reads. You can see this in the tone and language that they use. Its just off and doesn't ring like they are innocent.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1109, Cabd wrote:
In post 1108, pienyan wrote:
votecount 1.23

Not voting (6) - Shiro, I Am Innocent, Joey_, UC Voyager, Nauci,
Whiskers
Why?

I recently unvoted because people were asking me about my scum reads and my vote wasn't on one. I'm null on Two in a Million. I'll vote after I post reads-- after work.

In post 1115, Flubbernugget wrote:I didn't realize how few reads Quick had until Nero pointed it out. I'd like to see him try to post summary style like I am if he's not fond of what comes out of constantly sitting in front of the thread.

I must be misunderstanding what alisae is saying about quick, because there is no way he's a policy lynch.

There's a lot of votes on whiskers, but I don't remember where they came from or why they got there. Cabd made a good catch with the lack of vote, however.

Beeboy keeps asking me why I scum read him. I think he's capable of making better pushes. What's more important now is that my scum read is a big deal to him.
do you know that one of them came from you? Do you know how yours got there?
I don't like the bit about "cabd made a good catch," I unvoted pretty damn recently and there's nothing to read about it. Imo this is sucking up to cabd.

In post 1117, Nero Cain wrote:Whats your read on me now, Whiskers?
In post 1119, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1103, Whiskers wrote:Like I said, why even respond to "why not lynch noobs day 1?" That's really obvious stuff that you learn in a Newbie game.
I don't think there's going to be any big difference between d1 and d2. I mean it's not like our flips are going to be a really good indication of her alignment. Sure, there's the chance she gets investigated or something wich eh...she has the exact same % that we all had of being sent a red pm and I'm not really keen on the "hey, lets not lynch a scummy person so they can get investigated tonight!" idea.
There will be a huge difference between day 1 and 2, are you crazy? Every day gives more info, all the time you spend talking to people let's you get reads-- this is literally how mafia works, why do I need to coach you on this?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Whiskers »

Sorry, skipped one: I townread you. My omgus was an omgus-- an emotional reaction
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:21 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1136, Quick wrote: First, the fact that they are not questioning the double day thing
I definitely question the "Double Day" thing, since nobody but you has ever said it, but you DO keep saying it. Why is that?
Meanwhile, I have no reason to question the claim further. This has been discussed to death already.
BTW, here's a good reason not to question the claim:
In post 829, Quick wrote:My point was that, as I stated before, I am pretty sure Cabd is Town unless the role is BS and helps Scum out a ton with a double day. Also, Cabd seemed pretty confident that it's going to clear them, so I see no reason to suspect Cabd until what SHOULD happen, doesn't.
In post 1136, Quick wrote:Second, they said they wanted to PL me when they haven't even played with me bofore
What does having played with you have to do with anything. I have played with none of you. That has no bearing on a policy lynch. Why do you keep pressing this point?
And
if
my offhand comment about policy lynching you was somehow related to how well I know you, why would that be indicative of scum?
Also, I mentioned once that a lynch on you would be acceptable as a policy lynch. A lot of people are construing this as "Pushing a lynch on an easy target" (Alisae's claim), or "wanting to policy lynch," which, like I've said, was such a strong desire that I didn't even move off of a weak, sheeped wagon onto you.
To say that I legitimately wanted to policy lynch you is misrepresenting me.

In post 1136, Quick wrote:Third, they are more concerned with defending themselves than pushing their Scum reads. You can see this in the tone and language that they use. Its just off and doesn't ring like they are innocent.
People are attacking, I'll defend (it's quick and easy). When I have the time, I'll go through ISOs and compile reads and a case on my favorite. I pushed reads earlier in the Day, in the thread that you didn't read. They didn't gain any traction. The phase is several days long, so there's no harm in joining a wagon driven by a unanimous townread. In the end, it's probably not a wagon of mine that goes to lynch, but a wagon that a unanimous townread drives. That's perfectly acceptable to me on Day 1.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 am

Post by Whiskers »

I'm actually kind of ok with this though, because I feel like when I flip you're going to have a lot to analyze and there'll be a lot of good information. Like I said, the wagon on me is comprised of players who are scumreading each other. While it'll suck to be out of the game, I'm confident the aftermath of my lynch is going to be
juicy.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1137, Whiskers wrote:why do I need to coach you on this?
You don't but you could make that argument for ANYONE. So why is it specifically important to not lynch/push Nauci today? 'cause she's new and is pretty likely to come off as scummy? Are you suggesting a nl?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1140, Whiskers wrote:'m actually kind of ok with this though, because I feel like when I flip you're going to have a lot to analyze and there'll be a lot of good information. Like I said, the wagon on me is comprised of players who are scumreading each other. While it'll suck to be out of the game, I'm confident the aftermath of my lynch is going to be juicy.
:igmeou:

Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1141, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1137, Whiskers wrote:why do I need to coach you on this?
You don't but you could make that argument for ANYONE. So why is it specifically important to not lynch/push Nauci today? 'cause she's new and is pretty likely to come off as scummy? Are you suggesting a nl?
No, you can't make it for ANYONE, because Nauci is new we have the least information on her and how she plays. We can't dive into her previous games, we can't ask Alisae how her secret main account plays, we can ONLY observe her BEHAVIOUR and judge her INTERACTIONS with players in THIS GAME. Nauci is Brand Spanking New.

If you have a problem with this, I suggest you look at my earlier vote on UC Voyager, because
that's
where I think you can turn this point into an attack on me-- you could argue that
that
vote was inconsistent with my stance here.
HolySpiritTurtle
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
HolySpiritTurtle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:45 am

Post by HolySpiritTurtle »

VOTE: Rhah
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Quick »

In post 1139, Whiskers wrote:
In post 1136, Quick wrote: First, the fact that they are not questioning the double day thing
I definitely question the "Double Day" thing, since nobody but you has ever said it, but you DO keep saying it. Why is that?
Meanwhile, I have no reason to question the claim further. This has been discussed to death already.
In post 829, Quick wrote:My point was that, as I stated before, I am pretty sure Cabd is Town unless the role is BS and helps Scum out a ton with a double day. Also, Cabd seemed pretty confident that it's going to clear them, so I see no reason to suspect Cabd until what SHOULD happen, doesn't.
I am pretty sure this is MY position on the double day thing and not YOU. If you would like to provide a quote that came from you where you talk about being skeptical of the claim, then do so. As far as I can see, your position is heavily favoring that the double day thing will in fact happen. You've made stances saying such. Why make a stance on it at all if you are skeptical in the first place? My initial reason for believing the claim was that I had no knowledge that that the player in question is likely to pull a gambit like this. With that new information, it changes my perspective drastically. I assume you have come across the same information as I regarding the player in question, and yet, you show little doubt that its a true claim and have even made a stance that there is going to be a double day. You show a lack of doubt which is not a Town characteristic, but a Scummy one.
In post 1136, Quick wrote:Second, they said they wanted to PL me when they haven't even played with me bofore
What does having played with you have to do with anything. I have played with none of you. That has no bearing on a policy lynch. Why do you keep pressing this point?
And
if
my offhand comment about policy lynching you was somehow related to how well I know you, why would that be indicative of scum?
Also, I mentioned once that a lynch on you would be acceptable as a policy lynch. A lot of people are construing this as "Pushing a lynch on an easy target" (Alisae's claim), or "wanting to policy lynch," which, like I've said, was such a strong desire that I didn't even move off of a weak, sheeped wagon onto you.
To say that I legitimately wanted to policy lynch you is misrepresenting me.
You heavily inferred that you wouldn't mind PLing me. It was discussed with Alisae, at least.
A PL requires repeated behavior and is not meant to be used for disliking the way someone comes across in their first few posts which is your presumed stance on the issue.
In post 1136, Quick wrote:Third, they are more concerned with defending themselves than pushing their Scum reads. You can see this in the tone and language that they use. Its just off and doesn't ring like they are innocent.
People are attacking, I'll defend (it's quick and easy). When I have the time, I'll go through ISOs and compile reads and a case on my favorite. I pushed reads earlier in the Day, in the thread that you didn't read. They didn't gain any traction. The phase is several days long, so there's no harm in joining a wagon driven by a unanimous townread. In the end, it's probably not a wagon of mine that goes to lynch, but a wagon that a unanimous townread drives. That's perfectly acceptable to me on Day 1.
Who is the "unanimous Town read" who you speak of? You said earlier that D1 is meant for setting the groundwork for lynching Scum on subsequent days and now you are implying the strong reads you got from the beginning of the game didn't work out so now you are resorting to compromising your lynch options. Which is it? It doesn't makes sense that you, as someone who has played a while, has no awareness that their earlier pushes might not work out. So the logical perspective to have is to not compromise so early in the game and push your reads in a stronger way. But you are not doing this. Instead you talk much about how in D1 it doesn't really matter too much who is lynched. So you can see how its at least illogical to even attempt to push you early reads early and then give up on them latter without much fuss?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

but we still won't know her alignment d2. If your argument is that we can't lynch her on d1 b/c we don't have information on her tendencies then I don't see how that's going to change over a night phase.

Rhah
Rhah
Goon
Rhah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Rhah »

HolySpiritTurtle wrote:VOTE: Rhah

What have you got for us, Watson?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1145, Quick wrote:
I am pretty sure this is MY position on the double day thing and not YOU. If you would like to provide a quote that came from you where you talk about being skeptical of the claim, then do so. As far as I can see, your position is heavily favoring that the double day thing will in fact happen. You've made stances saying such. Why make a stance on it at all if you are skeptical in the first place? My initial reason for believing the claim was that I had no knowledge that that the player in question is likely to pull a gambit like this. With that new information, it changes my perspective drastically. I assume you have come across the same information as I regarding the player in question, and yet, you show little doubt that its a true claim and have even made a stance that there is going to be a double day. You show a lack of doubt which is not a Town characteristic, but a Scummy one.
Idfk what you're talking about, I'm
not
skeptical of the claim. I'm on the same side as you here. I don't see any reason to question it right now. Cabd has he revealed what it supposedly does, says he can prove it, and I think it's probably a town-utility role.
I'm skeptical of "Double Day" because nobody is using that terminology but you.
That's noteworthy.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Using vote tags makes it easier to track your history

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”