Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5000 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4984, Whiskers wrote:^^I'm seeing this again with Transcend, and it skeeves me.
could you go into further detail on this?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

You do know how convenient that looks right?
In post 4999, Assemblerotws wrote:Anyway, let me reinforce Viomi's eventual claim for targets. Joey targeted beeboy N1, Viomi targeted Nero Cain N2, I went for Math N3, and TIAM was my N4 target.
Your slot doesn't protect the obv shot of CABD night 1 scum shoot them.
You don't protect Rhah the night scum shoot them,
you do protect TIAM the night scum choose to shoot elsewhere.

In terms of play, your result looked like evidence of some level math was not scum (at least he wasnt the one who sent in the kill)
In post 4637, Assemblerotws wrote:Anyway, I see my predecessor already claimed. I Jailkept Mathblade last night because I figured he was scum.

VOTE: Mathblade
So you presented evidence he was less likely than before to be scum then voted him anyway. Just to double up how suspicious you were but leaving no real weight to the wagon except your reasonless vote.
looks like distancing not a read and vote to get your read lynched.

If you are town please play mafia.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

3. I Am Innocent
2. Transcend
4. Nero Cain

7. AxleGreaser
10. Flairs
12. Lucky2u
15. Whiskers
^
all 3 scum are there
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 4999, Assemblerotws wrote:
In post 4965, Transcend wrote:Assembler is scum because

- His stance on Math being scum was due to a fake claim that Alisae made as a meme
No, it fucking wasn't. I wasn't able to go into it, but the scumread was based off the slot's general track record in this game, as well as comparing it to other games where I'd already seen Math flip.

Anyway, let me reinforce Viomi's eventual claim for targets. Joey targeted beeboy N1, Viomi targeted Nero Cain N2, I went for Math N3, and TIAM was my N4 target.
I agree with axle here. It seems odd to have jailkept math, and then voted him the next day. It's not impossible for your slot, I just don't like any target it's chosen so far this game.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Post by Flairs »

hello let me quickly figure out what has happened since the day started
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Flairs »

Aight well at the moment I could probably go Whiskers. Just looking at their position on previous wagons- with the exception of Nauci, Whiskers was an early vote on all of the town lynches and then one of the last votes on scum. Not too substantial, but enough when you consider their other posts. They have this preachy scum vibe (especially at the start of Day 3) that Boonskiies kinda gives off whenever he's scum.

I disagree with the Assemble vote though. I understand that it's weird that he voted his target, but I feel like it would be wayy too big of a slip to mention who you targeted and vote that same person all within the same post. And that post is like 3 lines long.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 5003, Lucky2u wrote:

- His stance on Math being scum was due to a fake claim that Alisae made as a meme
No, it fucking wasn't. I wasn't able to go into it, but the scumread was based off the slot's general track record in this game, as well as comparing it to other games where I'd already seen Math flip.

Anyway, let me reinforce Viomi's eventual claim for targets. Joey targeted beeboy N1, Viomi targeted Nero Cain N2, I went for Math N3, and TIAM was my N4 target.
I agree with axle here. It seems odd to have jailkept math, and then voted him the next day. It's not impossible for your slot, I just don't like any target it's chosen so far this game.
He said specifically he jk mb because he thought he was scum. So why wouldn't he vote for him?
pienyan
pienyan
Goon
pienyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by pienyan »

votecount 5.5
Assemblerotws (2) - AxleGreaser, Transcend
AxleGreaser (2) - Nero Cain, I Am Innocent

Lucky2u (1) - TwoInAMillion
I Am Innocent (1) - Lucky2u

Not voting (3) - Flairs, Assemblerotws, Whiskers

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is November 20, 21:20 GMT-7 or in (expired on 2017-11-20 21:20:00).

I Am Innocent is V/LA until November 19.
Please call me "pie", "pienyan", or "piegirl(n)". TIA.
Yuri: the Purest Form of Love -rebirth- coming soon.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by Transcend »

I don't think axle
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Flairs »

In post 5006, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 5003, Lucky2u wrote:

He said specifically he jk mb because he thought he was scum. So why wouldn't he vote for him?
because he jailed him and someone still died
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ok? but there were 4 scum. All it meant was that Math didn't kill that night.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5008, Transcend wrote:I don't think axle
I'm prob in favor of lynching Lucky today but I still Axe's play has been a mess and I'm not really town reading him.

Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Flairs »

how do you know there were 4 scum
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Flairs »

VOTE: Nero
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I've been pushing there being 4 scum for awhile now. I'm not believing that you just now knew about this unless you really aren't reading which you shouldn't do as town but would make sense if you are scum. My rationale for thinking this was a 4 scum setup is that 3 in a 17 is common so an 18 might be 4 and a 14/4 is a nice round setup. But in hindsight, eh. A 15/3 setup doesn't seem impossible at all.

This is also talking away from the criticism that Ass shouldn't have voted Math after blocking. Like that's a really crummy argument and you should have enough experience to understand that by now.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Transcend »

That Flairs vote was _not good_
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5015, Transcend wrote:That Flairs vote was _not good_
more news @ 2

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:49 pm

Post by Transcend »

It stunk
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

4 scum is a reasonable assumption for this setup.

FOS: Flairs
Flairs
Flairs
Goon
Flairs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:13 am

Post by Flairs »

In post 5014, Nero Cain wrote:I've been pushing there being 4 scum for awhile now. I'm not believing that you just now knew about this unless you really aren't reading which you shouldn't do as town but would make sense if you are scum. My rationale for thinking this was a 4 scum setup is that 3 in a 17 is common so an 18 might be 4 and a 14/4 is a nice round setup. But in hindsight, eh. A 15/3 setup doesn't seem impossible at all.

This is also talking away from the criticism that Ass shouldn't have voted Math after blocking. Like that's a really crummy argument and you should have enough experience to understand that by now.
I'm explaining Lucky's reasoning, not that I agree with it (which I said in ). Also, like I said before, reading through 4000 pages isn't worth it, so I haven't read through the entire game and probably won't end up doing so
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:15 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5005, Flairs wrote:Aight well at the moment I could probably go Whiskers. Just looking at their position on previous wagons- with the exception of Nauci, Whiskers was an early vote on all of the town lynches and then one of the last votes on scum. Not too substantial, but enough when you consider their other posts. They have this preachy scum vibe (especially at the start of Day 3) that Boonskiies kinda gives off whenever he's scum.
ftr I've pushed the MAth slot since day 1 and voted it every day. I was late on the wagon because when I vote the wagons go elsewhere-- many people going "ew I don't like voting on the same wagon as whiskers" and voting something else.

who is boonskiies?
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5014, Nero Cain wrote:I've been pushing there being 4 scum for awhile now. I'm not believing that you just now knew about this unless you really aren't reading which you shouldn't do as town but would make sense if you are scum. My rationale for thinking this was a 4 scum setup is that 3 in a 17 is common so an 18 might be 4 and a 14/4 is a nice round setup. But in hindsight, eh. A 15/3 setup doesn't seem impossible at all.

with masons and dayvig, and potentially a jk, i would hope it's not 15/3
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5022 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Whiskers »

also on my mind: joey and viomi were playing pretty openly and recklessly, NOT what you normally expect from a town PR. Then the viomi claim came out of nowhere with nonsense target claims. like I'm not sayign it's impossible but it is sketchy af from my pov.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5023 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:39 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5014, Nero Cain wrote:This is also talking away from the criticism that Ass shouldn't have voted Math after blocking. Like that's a really crummy argument and you should have enough experience to understand that by now.
In post 5019, Flairs wrote:I'm explaining Lucky's reasoning, not that I agree with it (which I said in 5005). Also, like I said before, reading through 4000 pages isn't worth it, so I haven't read through the entire game and probably won't end up doing so
I am not certain I understand what either of you are quite saying but neither of you seems to grasp the point.

Put your self in the position of a
townie JK
Spoiler: does town JK make sense with what he did?
examinign the possibility that Ass is town!JK and does that gel with what he thought and did.To put ourselves in the mindset Ass claims to have had:
We assume that:
You as a town!JK you have scum read. It is such big scum read that you will want it lynched whether your JK block works or not. (if it doesn't work that is some evidence the guy isn't scum) but for you he is scum no matter what. (that is where Ass's head was supposedly as town JK at)

First
is that from Ass's perspective, actually a good offensive block or would person that scummy not send in the shot?

Second
if the guy is so scummy that voting them at the start of day with no reasoning is going to be a good play, why waste the block looking for more, overkill, evidence.

So I just don't get the block itself, it does not gel with claimed reads, or the strength of the claimed reads.

Next at day break. Bummer your block didn't catch him as he didn't send in the kill. That
weakens
the possible case hes scum.
Ass states that and then does the what ought be to a town JK the contradictory thing of vote them anyway.
With no explanation. That did not happen
because
there was no result to analyse.

Flairs suggestes that is "
wayy too big of a slip
".... (I disagree)
In post 5005, Flairs wrote:I understand that it's weird that he voted his target, but I feel like it would be
wayy too big of a slip
to mention who you targeted and vote that same person all within the same post. And that post is like 3 lines long.
but if you back up and run through that as scum fake claiming JK. It is not a big slip.

Spoiler: Does scum fake claiming JK make sense?
There was no JK, there was no result to consider. All Ass had to do was go through the steps of continuing his fake claim by stating a block...
Thinks <Ohh block my biggest read, and then vote them> that should put lots of distance between me and Math no matter who flips.>

and yes the post is only 3 lines long.

and thats because he did not JK math and thus didnt even think about what the outcome of the JK meant. If he had thought about what it meant, there would have been a perceived contradiction in his post.

He did go to the effort if finding a gif and
trash talking
the game.... That was important enough to spend effort on.
In post 4637, Assemblerotws wrote:http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/ ... me-war.gif

What the fuck did I replace into...

Anyway, I see my predecessor already claimed. I Jailkept Mathblade last night because I figured he was scum.

Things that didnt happen
he could right here have said: But my scum read is so strong I want to vote him anyway. << This would have indicated he had even thought about the meaning of the outcome of his claimed to exist night action. That there was no such thought is to me <some> evidence he never thought about what it meant as the night action never happened.

More Things that didnt happen, but easily could have if the read or the Jk were real.
he could right here have taken the time and effort he had to trash talk the game and stated any of the reasons he supposedly had.

VOTE: Mathblade
Now I have to go to sleep. I'll answer questions in the morning.

Yes it does.
TLDR: As a towny with JK there are thoughts missing that i expect to be there in his vote on math.
whereas
As a scum fake claiming, it is quite plausible he would overlook and not notice that his (did not happen) overnight check did not agree with his vote.

That is not wayy to big slip to make.

As either basically naked voting in contradiction to the evidence in the same post that weakens the vote when you claim it is the guy you want lynched today, is soft pushing AKA (distancing yourself) from the result of the lynch you are voting. And is scum indicative its own right.
pienyan
pienyan
Goon
pienyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5024 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:49 am

Post by pienyan »

Please call me "pie", "pienyan", or "piegirl(n)". TIA.
Yuri: the Purest Form of Love -rebirth- coming soon.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”