Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5575 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:16 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 5539, Nero Cain wrote:Gif, you had really good reads but your play was really lackluster.
oh fucking please nero
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5576 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Honestly tiam made it a nightmare to play, tons of people ended up being obvious town including turtle, lucky, nauci, beeboy and even nero was was his town self for most of the game even if his reads were 2 standard deviation worse than a coinflip. What a shitshow
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5577 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Sttuborn fucks like tiam and nero are the reason why mafia game can gives cancer
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5578 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

are you saying his reads accuracy is 2 in a million
deranged and incoherent
?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5579 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by Joey_ »

The only ever mafia 2mill voted in the whole game, was shiro when the guy had literraly 4 NAI prododge post.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5580 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Transcend »

Kitty
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #5581 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by Cabd »

If nothing else, this game has given me a new meta tell for Mathblade.
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5582 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5573, Smocaine wrote:Ask for some editing to be done Mathblade. I wanna read the pt. :mrgreen:
It's not that simple.

I would have to redact multiple players posts and so I would rather let people read it whom I have a good "bead" for.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5583 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5576, Joey_ wrote:Honestly
tiam
Quick made it a nightmare to play,
fixed this for you ^
MathBlade wrote:
In post 5573, Smocaine wrote:Ask for some editing to be done Mathblade. I wanna read the pt. :mrgreen:
It's not that simple.

I would have to redact multiple players posts and so I would rather let people read it whom I have a good "bead" for.
I didn't realize it hadn't been released-- um, what are you referring to? I don't remember seeing anything that stood out as someone being in a poor frame of mind or however you'd said it.

Personally I want it released so people can see me lose my shit over Alisae replacing out. You want to see my "faked anger," fucking look at my reaction to that.

BTW I was watching the main thread for opportunities to set up a quickhammer, I didn't know I needed to watch to QT. ...since most games don't Day-talk for Mafia, I just assumed we'd do it the old fashioned way.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5584 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Whiskers »

All the heavy posters (myself included, I suppose) killed momentum and caused apathy to set in among the players.

Thanks to
Pienyan
for running!

Sorry to Nauci, for having to lynch you.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5585 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5566, pienyan wrote:This was Axle straight up cross posting a post that was supposed to go in the scum PT, and since he was talking to Whiskers, it outed both of them, not just Axle. In fact, after he made this post and realized what he did, he PM'ed me in a panic asking if I should redact the post and modkill him instead (which of course I couldn't do, if you scum slip you just gotta play it as it lies) and spent several RL days freaking out in the scum PT afterward.
QFT.

To explain a bit what happened I had RL issues, and playing mafia at the same time meant i was extraordinarily low on sleep. And i simply was literally bleary eyed. Screen was blurry levels of tired. Grabbed some quotes, and never did the step of cutn paste those into anotehr post in the scum PT and never checked if the screen was purple.

Also once I looked and thought about it i realised there was no way to fix it. i was in instant reaction mode. I thought I had basically explicitly scum claimed. The change in direction/emphasis of reads was always the idea.... but it was meant to be a little more elegantly done. I really was having trouble writing better scum case on Whiskers that was not just bollocks.

Also

I haves a suggestions:
While the user story (A software engineering term) of mods pming people about questionable posts is a thing.
So is the user story of one user sending Pm to another user about a post.

In order to get quote from closed game, the best first step is to move towards PMing that player. (press the PM button)
at that point you are only one button click away from rule violation.

Id love it is the PM button by default PMed me the person that pressed it. (first do no harm)
Then if i want to I can choose a different recipient.
or two buttons (on an already crowded interface?)

It will be a bit tricky to do, but i think I have working technical solution where i will write a local http proxy server before I play mafia again
I am never ever making that mistake again. I nearly died inside.

Other features of my future proxy server will be

Spoiler:
Davstos Avatar will be replaced with one of my local choosing. (hi davsto love you, I just always want to lynch you even in the speakeasy...) I cant help it. (AKA I will implement a local Avatar override cache.)
Thread lock: I will have GUI with check boxes so I can personally lock my access to any thread I choose. So if Iam scum PT mode I turn off (remove) the main game submit button.
And lastly but its going to be bot awkward given the URL interface I have noticed, when I press PM, the proxyserver willthen remove the target (click on the x) prettysure that will be peasy ish.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5586 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Whiskers »

ehhh never mind, I guess we got into some
stuff.

I'm not really into giving a shit what leaks onto the internet and I don't really care what people read or think about me. But go ahead and edit out whatever parts of my posts you need to to keep your own anonymity.

But leave my fucking alisae rage in there.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5587 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by gerryoat »

lol
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5588 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5570, MathBlade wrote:I'm still debating if I should release the PT but I wasn't in a good frame of mind.
Its not just a little PT.

I for instance made >250 posts in it.....

That might be some editing request.

A lot of posts are not only about the game but us shooting the breeze and talking person to person. About stuff and other stuff.
There is whatever our response and discussion was around the contentious events.

and in terms of being sensitive to other peoples issues I suggest having look at this and seeing easily merely careless actions hurt,
and the effects words have and the different ways people interpret words matters, and i would highly recommend people practice listening
like a girl
(eg the one in the video) and try to be sensitive to how all people see the world around them. Not just put them in boxes and forget them, that is severe disrespect no matter the label on the box.

There can be if math wants stuff edited, problems with it being many peoples posts and does he have the right to ask the mod to change them?
And the possibility of the question if math needs some of my posts removed does that leave me looking say not as empathetic as an individual as I would like to be. So unilateral decisions may not be as simple as it looks.

I don't even feel i have the right to ask (privately) what bits concern him as that is personal information i don't need to know and choose not to ask.

So did it get personal ... yes.
and so sorry I don't care what you want. I care about my scum buddies first.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5589 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5586, Whiskers wrote:ehhh never mind, I guess we got into some stuff.

I'm not really into giving a shit what leaks onto the internet and I don't really care what people read or think about me. But go ahead and edit out whatever parts of my posts you need to to keep your own anonymity.

But leave my fucking alisae rage in there.
Love you man somehow I knew that is where your head would be at.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5590 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by gerryoat »

so why wasnt the guilty outed again
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5591 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:44 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5538, HolySpiritTurtle wrote:I don't think I'll be capable to play mafia game again after this trainwreck.
Its going to take me a while, I might even go into therapy. Well not, but I have a question about me that I want answered by an expert.

but

I also want to apologize for no saying hi in my opening post. But before the game i had no idea why you had changed from GIF to HST.
And while it was nothing like secret as you used your GIF modding experience to sign up as a HST mod.
I didnt wanna say Hi GIF when I had actually found the when how and whys in the scum PT.

Hi HST.

BTW I really liked your first avatar, and the name change, It is very Terry Pratchett.
this one spooks me out a bit.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5592 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5590, gerryoat wrote:so why wasnt the guilty outed again
Id be guessing it pretty similar to the reason we never got ourselves organised and triple hammered.

When you play mafia, shit happens, and people die.
often the wrong ones in hindsight.

I could ask why you didn't answer my questions before you replaced out if you like?
If Id lost that excuse to scum read you id have got boxed more and more into just lynching whiskers the obv counter wagon.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5593 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Post by TwoInAMillion »

In post 5576, Joey_ wrote:Honestly tiam made it a nightmare to play, tons of people ended up being obvious town including turtle, lucky, nauci, beeboy and even nero was was his town self for most of the game even if his reads were 2 standard deviation worse than a coinflip. What a shitshow

I'm going to be the bigger person here and not engage.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #5594 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 pm

Post by Alisae »

Hey Pie thanks for running the game sorry I replaced out :(
GTKAS
| here.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5595 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by Transcend »

Yeah i lost a ton of sleep due to whiskers not acknowledging our scum pt.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5596 (ISO) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by Quick »

Kinda sucks that my best read of the game AKA whiskers never got lynched. But I have to hand it to them with the word count.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5597 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5596, Quick wrote:Kinda sucks that my best read of the game AKA whiskers never got lynched. But I have to hand it to them with the word count.
In the dead thread, I said some stuff. It may be useful or not. see 423 in dead thread. It may explain why even if you do everythign esle right ometimes some people will ignore some of your posts.
They either know or think they know things you dont.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5598 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:49 am

Post by Quick »

In post 5597, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 5596, Quick wrote:Kinda sucks that my best read of the game AKA whiskers never got lynched. But I have to hand it to them with the word count.
In the dead thread, I said some stuff. It may be useful or not. see 423 in dead thread. It may explain why even if you do everythign esle right ometimes some people will ignore some of your posts.
They either know or think they know things you dont.
Yeah, I hear you. It's all solid advice and some stuff I have known for a while. It's not my ability to play that is the problem - its that I have too much enthusiasm in making an impact. Sadly, I have only known this on an intellectual level rather than a practical one as well as this being largely discredited from my zeal for the game. I have low self control. I have to work on pacing myself so I can be better effective.

Oddly enough, Nero's advice for how to do setups works well in my case as a player as well, which is "keep it simple stupid."

Really want to thank you for taking the time to go through the dead thread and point out some things that can make me a more effective player. I will try and execute more self control in future games we play together.

Also, as a last thing, I do understand the gravity of the advice given. I see there are multiple levels to this sage advice that you have shared with me.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5599 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Whiskers »

I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't surpass your Day 1 post ISO until like day 3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”