AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5623, Nero Cain wrote:I don't really know what went on in the scum pt so I can't really make a judgment call. I think everyone has a right to privacy so I mean like if you accidentally posted your address or something then sure, I could understand not wanting that to be public or something.
not that simples but, it certainly narrowed the field or confirmed a guess. O r made random humans from decades ago suddenly say hey Axle is that guy.

So yeah life for mods is not simple, which is why, I defended Pies choices.
As I said though may last post was truely hypothetical. I make no warranties whether this case is more or less severe than that. I also don't actually know.

Its cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I loved those books as a kid.

I'm not really sure why you fussing about the cat alt is a hot buttn topic that needs to be edited out but w/e
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5623, Nero Cain wrote:I think there was an argument that if you say something mean or w/e that should be edited out so the player you are trash talking doesn't get mad/you don't look like a dick and I'm just of the mindset of don't say it and if you do live with whatever happens.
I will also state I am pretty sure there was significantly less trash talk in the scum PT than there has been in the post game.
In fact that thought is currently hilarious. We had the opposite problem maybe. Too much humanity and empathy, not an excess of judgmentlism.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5619, Nero Cain wrote:I haven't done much modding yet (just some newbie games) but when I do I'm going to make releasing of pts mandatory. No editing or anything. If you don't want it seen don't say it.
I think nothing should be edited out for strategic game.
However this game crossed a rather personal barrier for me and caused a lot of mental health issues to the point I almost replaced out a lot and it makes Mafia really hard to care about in general. It is more the personal.

There's certain struggles that I have that I may not want public. For you to say then show it all is callous and rude.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5628, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5619, Nero Cain wrote:I haven't done much modding yet (just some newbie games) but when I do I'm going to make releasing of pts mandatory. No editing or anything. If you don't want it seen don't say it.
I think nothing should be edited out for strategic gain.
However this game crossed a rather personal barrier for me and caused a lot of mental health issues to the point I almost replaced out a lot and it makes Mafia really hard to care about in general. It is more the personal.

There's certain struggles that I have that I may not want public. For you to say then show it all is callous and rude.
Ebwop
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5626, Nero Cain wrote:I'm not really sure why you fussing about the cat alt is a hot buttn topic that needs to be edited out but w/e
if cat alt? == whiskers.

Then nope I think not much whiskers related is involved.
Its just the three pages of me wondering where whiskers is ... I expect no one will ever read again or even a first time.
It was very a deep purple moment.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 5629, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5628, MathBlade wrote:
I think nothing should be edited out for strategic gain.

Ebwop
The point, except as usual I have more words.
For you to say then show it all is either callous and rude or unthinking of what may actually be involved.
and yes in the end the effects of unthinking actions have those same real world consequences.

and if they were systemic systematically expected amount of not thinking before speaking that person like a tiger is dangerous. And maybe even as dangerous as something malicious but not malicious.

and NOTE NERO && ETAL;
This discussion, baited this "There's certain struggles that I have that I may not want public."

we could stop doing that now, and wait until Sunday.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5628, MathBlade wrote:There's certain struggles that I have that I may not want public. For you to say then show it all is callous and rude.
I mean, I've already apologized for calling you "titus' sister" Feel free to not believe me but that really was an unintentional thing.
MathBlade wrote: I think nothing should be edited out for strategic game.
This we agree on and I've already stated that this was more where I'm coming from.

I think it's more rude on your part to take a shot at me when I already said that "everyone has a right to privacy" and that I could understand removing personal information that you don't want public.

but I don't really know whats going on so I'll just be quiet.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
pienyan
pienyan
Goon
pienyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by pienyan »

Yeah, hey. Everyone just drop it. The scum PT will be revealed if, and when, the scum team is ready for it. I have no intention of forcing the scum PT to be revealed if the scum team doesn't want to. They have the right to withhold it, and for whatever reason they want. Thank you.
Please call me "pie", "pienyan", or "piegirl(n)". TIA.
Yuri: the Purest Form of Love -rebirth- coming soon.
pienyan
pienyan
Goon
pienyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by pienyan »

(In other news, 200 modposts. This sure is an achievement.)
Please call me "pie", "pienyan", or "piegirl(n)". TIA.
Yuri: the Purest Form of Love -rebirth- coming soon.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

Go pieyan best mod.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5636 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Nexus »

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”