Mini Normal 1954: Iambic Tetramafia: Endgame

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #325  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:36 am

you have 0 scumreads and have not been scumhunting at all

TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #326  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:42 am

I am fine with neighborizing dunk.

Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #327  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:11 am

is your neighborize every night or just 1 shot?

skitter30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: PST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #328  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:21 am

In post 316, Wickedestjr wrote:skitter- There are some weird signs (her post 27, her inconsistent read on Two, her town reading the first two votes on her own wagon), but I'm not sure that any of these are scum tells. Gun to my head, I would say that she is town but that is in large part due to her interactions with Two. I don't think they are scum together.


I don't think my read was inconsistent. His opening posts were mostly bad, but I didn't think they were AI from what I'd seen before from him. His vote on me was god awful and opportunistic and just really bad, and that in conjunction with several other warning signs (his bad opening post, his overly defensive 84, playing the newbie card, ignoring questions that are being asked of him, relying on a claim to get out of a lynch, no scumhunting,) make me scumread him.

I also don't see why townreading the first two votes on my own wagon is a weird thing? You can be misreading me and still be town. Like, having a wrong read doesn't make someone scum. Just because the vote is on me doesn't mean I have to dislike the vote or scumread the person making it.

Jingle was remarkably accurate about my meta, which surprised me since I don't know him at all, but it was a reasonable conclusion to reach based on those two posts and how I approached that game he read; I understood how he got there, and it seemed like a natural thought process.

I like the way he's feeling caution about the current gamestate, since it feels kinda weird atm. Like almost too easy? When lots of people are agreeing with each other and few alternatives are being proposed or discussed, it feels like scum are happy with the way things are going. I also like how and he's been analyzing my own wagon and Two's. Ending the day right now would be silly, and I think we should look at other slots before we end the day because a lot of players haven't really given much content, so I like and support the push on Awoo (see below). His frustration at only having two scumreads at this point seems genuine.

Also, I believe his soft-semi claim; he's very clearly analyzing the thread through a 'PT' mindset (assuming that I was hunting for masons?) that doesn't seem faked.

I liked the way Awoo approached Tai, and I liked the way he questioned my post about Two, even though he read it wrong. I'm getting sketchy vibes from him directly after the Two claim though, so he's gone down in my reads.

TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #329  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:36 am

Every night I can target either the same or a different person.

UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 21, 2017
Location: the local Trailer park in the delta quadrant....
Pronoun: He

Post Post #330  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:18 am

what does that do 2iam
Show

EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 10, 2013

Post Post #331  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:33 am

In post 329, TwoInAMillion wrote:Every night I can target either the same or a different person.

so... "target anyone". you target at night then, and not during the day? this would make me think you don't get the neighborhood until the next day or night.
Lying is a skill like any other. To maintain a level of excellence you must practice constantly.
ETL's GTKAS Tell me a story! Play MINECRAFT with me!
ETL BE NICE TO PEOPLE

UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 21, 2017
Location: the local Trailer park in the delta quadrant....
Pronoun: He

Post Post #332  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:41 am

What does neighborizor do? I know that there is a neighbor role, but what is a neighborizor
Show

TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #333  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:52 am

I get a private topic. I target someone at night. And that person is added the next day.

UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 21, 2017
Location: the local Trailer park in the delta quadrant....
Pronoun: He

Post Post #334  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:06 am

Oh...that is cool.
I assume that at the end of the day, the private thread goes away
Show

TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #335  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:54 am

Unclear from the role pm

UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 21, 2017
Location: the local Trailer park in the delta quadrant....
Pronoun: He

Post Post #336  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:17 pm

Ok
Show

Jingle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2013
Location: Spokane, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #337  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Caught up, reading along, not weighing in.

These ARE stale talking points. There ARE things in the thread worth exploring that no one has mentioned.

That is all.
Always Scum
Currently Modding: Extra Communications Mafia (Day 1)

Always Willing to Look at Setups and Provide Ideas. Not always good at it.

Flubbernugget
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #338  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:51 pm

Lynch two or explore them yourself

Imo the whole day is stale

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #339  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 pm

I have more to say but I am busy, just gonna post thoughts.

Skitter, when I voted you, I did so because you were (not fence sitting but what's the word for it? saying "there are reasons for him to be scum and town" without picking one to be more likely? not analyzing your observations?) around TIAM. Now you're doing it again with me. Why aren't you voting me?

I find it bizarre that you nominally "support" my one vote wagon in the same breath that you express distaste for suspiscious amount of support for the TIAM/skitter wagon situation. You're not doing what you say should be done. You're not putting pressure on me either, as one trying to determine my alignment would, you just say "he's gone down in my list". I am aware that you provided reasons why you think this earlier, but your words contradict your actions, and that's how you find scum.

I also TR jingle, and because of that, I believe his claim. Maybe there aren't masons, but there are neibghors and neibghgsdgfhghorizers as TIAM is. And because of that, I think that makes TIAM town IF skitter is scum, which I find more likely.

More on other people tomorrow, I have some rough notes to investigate.

skitter30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: PST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #340  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:18 pm

I still don't see why people are having an issue with the thing I said about Two. He did bad things, but not necessarily *scummy* ones, for him. I hadn't formed a conclusion about him from just that post, so I felt like I needed more info to determine if he was being awkward or scummy. At the same time, I disliked how the votes on him were formed. He was sketchy, but I also thought the votes on him were sketchy, and I didn't have enough info to determine yet which one was sketchier, which is why I wanted to talk to him. After his vote on me and my convo with him, I found him scummy so I voted him.

I think Two is scum. I am not convinced that you are, so I'm not voting you. I don't tend to move my vote without strong impetus, and you haven't provided a strong enough one. I also don't believe that I need to actually be voting you in order to sort you or to put pressure on you: the things I've said about you has prompted you to provide rather interesting reactions.

Questions/Comments:

1. Why are you believing Two's claim? You didn't say anything about it when he first claimed, and you seem to be implying that you *know* (ie not just think or believe) he's a neighborizer when you say 'but there are neibghors and neibghgsdgfhghorizers as TIAM is'.

2. You're literally doing the exact same thing that you're calling me out for. You kept your vote on me while stating that you support the Two wagon without switching your vote, even though in you strongly implied that Two was the bigger scumread. Why didn't you vote for Two at that time? Your actions weren't matching your words. You expressly said you intended to 'vote him in the future ' in , but neglected to vote him then. You imply that it's because you were unsure about making the L-1 vote, but . . . there aren't really that many opportunities to get on a wagon without casting the L-1 or hammer vote, so I'm not sure when you thought you'd have the opportunity to vote him in the future.

Jingle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2013
Location: Spokane, WA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #341  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:28 pm

In post 338, Flubbernugget wrote:Lynch two or explore them yourself

Imo the whole day is stale


To clarify, you're saying you're fine with your reads on {IS, ETL, Wicked, awoo, skitter, Fykus, Taiho, UC, me, DD, NK15}? All of them?

Okay, readslist. Go.

As it stands, even if we hit scum with the two lynch we don't have shit for information going into tomorrow other than vague misgivings about a hardbus being on the latter half of the wagon. As it stands, I'm missing players and I can't even tell who they are without checking the op. Whatever they have to say on the 2 or Skitter wagons is going to be stale repetitions of what has already been said. I can think of at least three people off of that list that deserve to have been pushed and only haven't because the 2 wagon found wings super early. That doesn't necessarily mean 2 is town, despite my paranoia, but it does mean that we've done fuckall with regard to about half of the player list, and I'd like to see attempts to remedy that situation. I'd also like to see this originate from not me, because I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother can agree that I'm so town it hurts at this point and I want to see people that are not me making waves, shaking things up and most importantly taking stances from which I can guess their alignments.
Always Scum
Currently Modding: Extra Communications Mafia (Day 1)

Always Willing to Look at Setups and Provide Ideas. Not always good at it.

Wickedestjr
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2008
Location: UTC-5
Pronoun: He

Post Post #342  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 pm

In post 318, TwoInAMillion wrote:Then tell me what I am not answering specifically
I asked you how you expected people to react to your neighborizer claim and you responded by talking about how people were treating you 'in general'. I asked you how powerful you believe a town neighborizer is which you also didn't seem to answer. :neutral:

In post 320, TwoInAMillion wrote:The only reason I would die is to be nightkilled. Lynching me would be a very bad play.
In post 322, TwoInAMillion wrote:Because I am town and deserve to show that I am town through my play. Like I said the pushes on me are poorly thought out.
Your reason for calling yourself a bad lynch could be applied to anyone. If you're town, show me that my push on you is poorly thought out.

Wickedestjr
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2008
Location: UTC-5
Pronoun: He

Post Post #343  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:27 pm

In post 328, skitter30 wrote:I also don't see why townreading the first two votes on my own wagon is a weird thing? You can be misreading me and still be town. Like, having a wrong read doesn't make someone scum. Just because the vote is on me doesn't mean I have to dislike the vote or scumread the person making it.
I completely agree with you. The only reason I called this weird is because I feel like, as town, most players (myself included sometimes) are slightly more inclined to suspect their attackers. So I was remarking that it's rare to see a town-aligned player town read their first two voters - from my experience at least. But if you are scum and Jingle/awoo are both town, then it would make more sense for you to town read them because you'd know that they are town. As I said before, this could easily just be your play style, though. I need to check your town meta at some point.

Wickedestjr
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2008
Location: UTC-5
Pronoun: He

Post Post #344  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Not Known 15, I made you an avatar:

Image

Please use it :)

TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 22, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #345  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:38 pm

In post 342, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 318, TwoInAMillion wrote:Then tell me what I am not answering specifically
I asked you how you expected people to react to your neighborizer claim and you responded by talking about how people were treating you 'in general'. I asked you how powerful you believe a town neighborizer is which you also didn't seem to answer. :neutral:

In post 320, TwoInAMillion wrote:The only reason I would die is to be nightkilled. Lynching me would be a very bad play.
In post 322, TwoInAMillion wrote:Because I am town and deserve to show that I am town through my play. Like I said the pushes on me are poorly thought out.
Your reason for calling yourself a bad lynch could be applied to anyone. If you're town, show me that my push on you is poorly thought out.


I'm not going to microanalyze how every player will react to my claim.

A town neighborizor is probably below average in power.

Awoo
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #346  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:42 pm

Spoiler: 340, skitter
In post 340, skitter30 wrote:I still don't see why people are having an issue with the thing I said about Two. He did bad things, but not necessarily *scummy* ones, for him. I hadn't formed a conclusion about him from just that post, so I felt like I needed more info to determine if he was being awkward or scummy. At the same time, I disliked how the votes on him were formed. He was sketchy, but I also thought the votes on him were sketchy, and I didn't have enough info to determine yet which one was sketchier, which is why I wanted to talk to him. After his vote on me and my convo with him, I found him scummy so I voted him.

I think Two is scum. I am not convinced that you are, so I'm not voting you. I don't tend to move my vote without strong impetus, and you haven't provided a strong enough one. I also don't believe that I need to actually be voting you in order to sort you or to put pressure on you: the things I've said about you has prompted you to provide rather interesting reactions.

Questions/Comments:

1. Why are you believing Two's claim? You didn't say anything about it when he first claimed, and you seem to be implying that you *know* (ie not just think or believe) he's a neighborizer when you say 'but there are neibghors and neibghgsdgfhghorizers as TIAM is'.

2. You're literally doing the exact same thing that you're calling me out for. You kept your vote on me while stating that you support the Two wagon without switching your vote, even though in you strongly implied that Two was the bigger scumread. Why didn't you vote for Two at that time? Your actions weren't matching your words. You expressly said you intended to 'vote him in the future ' in , but neglected to vote him then. You imply that it's because you were unsure about making the L-1 vote, but . . . there aren't really that many opportunities to get on a wagon without casting the L-1 or hammer vote, so I'm not sure when you thought you'd have the opportunity to vote him in the future.


1. Do you not? That's a role that town or scum can get. Even if my read is wrong it still points toward's jingle's role matching up, and implying he is town.
2. Damn right I didn't wasn't 100% about putting TIAM at L-1. What of it? Also:
"there aren't really that many opportunities to get on a wagon without casting the L-1 or hammer vote" - Blatantly false. Why would you even say this? It just looks like throwing shade* without committing to anything, which is why I scumread you in the first place. I will concede that having a heavy vote may be indicative only of playstyle, but I want to know why you posted this. Do you think what I (attempted to) call you out for is really something scummy, or are you contradicting me for it's own sake?

Something else to note: I've seen posts saying that the skitter / TIAM wagons have near unanimous support. This is mostly true and observable for TIAM, but does it really hold true for skitter? It seems that a general apathy has developed towards her instead of a poking and prodding like we can see for TIAM.


* Maybe I am using the wrong term here, but he's making stuff up to make me look bad.

---still have stuff to post on others tmr dont let me forget---

UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 21, 2017
Location: the local Trailer park in the delta quadrant....
Pronoun: He

Post Post #347  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:12 am

ok.......so what did i miss since last i posted
Show

Flubbernugget
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 26, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #348  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:57 am

You're not cute

Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #349  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:15 pm

well this game is slow
honestly kinda want to lynch 2 and move on

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to New York