Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Jingle »

Why do you favor his lynch post claim, flubbs?
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 160, Jingle wrote:Awoo is town. Tai and Wicked too. I'm withholding judgement on Flubs.

Glad we can agree on 2000000 though.
IF 2iam is scum, my expected partners include you/awoo, so I find the whole "I was waiting for you" thing curious. I mean, why...? What exactly are you waiting for? Why do you need my approval to vote? Why would you wait so long to push ... anyone? The thing I am concerned about here is if TIAM is indeed scum, and you are his partner, you will try to hammer for cred, knowing already what he is. Doubly so if he flips goon and nothing more interesting.

With the neighborizer claim.. I'm 99% sure he's scum now. If he actually is a neighborizer, there's no way he's town - too powerful in the hands of town, but balancing in the hands of scum. Especially if what you say about masons is true - no way there's masons
and
a town neighborizer. I don't see that getting through review.

In post 173, Jingle wrote:She actively avoids interacting with the information in the thread when she comes in, including an L-3 wagon, a softclaim and two naked votes to naked vote an unrelated person who hasn't posted yet, and immediately after suspicion is brought up about her doubles back to ask a bunch of questions about the things she just ignored while focusing in on the ramifications of the read on her, not what it says about any of the other players.
And the other thing here is if TIAM is scum, I don't believe skitter is. There's an argument for skitter. I'll admit that you have made good points here. I played a bit of devil's advocate in my head with this yesterday, but it's sound and makes sense. BUT TIAM IS SO MUCH SCUMMIER?! And in my mind, if that's the case, then all of these issues were more than likely presented by a town player (skitter), which makes me wonder - are any of these points worthwhile in the first place? I'm not criticizing your analysis or scum-hunting abilities, just the reality of it, if that makes sense.

RE: NK15's catch up. IIIIIIIII LIKE IT. It's not pretty, and it's mostly wrong, but it shows a thought process. I'm labeling that town. Not as strong as flubber and dunker, but town nonetheless.

Oh also also also, regarding Skitter's posts, so, the reason I voted was because I was having doubts about two the more I read skitter. I was getting weird vibes from all the explaining and defending. But then two voted with me back to back on skitter, and that seemed completely wrong - first of all, he supposedly suspects me, but votes with me? on a wagon i heard nothing about from him...
In post 186, Jingle wrote:brief meta dive suggests that UC and IS are both high risk for shitposting, but will likely increase in usefulness and content as the thread gains content, so I'm content to push things that are likely to be scum until it's proven that I need to ridicule them for not playing the game.
I'd be happy if they disappeared. ironstove is a bad player, period. it's shameful. i don't expect everyone to be a scumhunting god, but i do expect players to uphold their responsibility to the game and respect for the other people who came to actually play. and the worst part is they make their slot completely unreadable. fine, if they're scum, but completely unforgivable if they are town.
In post 190, Jingle wrote:Why would you want to hunt for who the masons were, especially if I was unwilling to share that information right out?
Really didn't get that vibe from skitter's post.
In post 192, skitter30 wrote:I wasn't hunting for them. That's what I first saw when I read the first page.
I was aware that I was a tad sleep-deprived at the time, and that I wasn't thinking clearly
, and that I probably wasn't looking at that properly. The more I thought about it, the more unlikey I thought it was, specifically because the odds of just the two of them posting right after each other within minutes of you posting that was kinda slim.

Since I was pretty sure I made it up, I wanted to know why you were reading Flubber/Dunker differently.

That's why my first line of 27 was an observation instead of a question. I wanted to leave it open-ended. If I wasn't making things up, you could ignore it. If I was seeing things that weren't there, I wanted an answer for why it seemed like you were treating Dunker/Flubber differently for the same post, and that was an invitation for you to talk about it more.
This was the post that made me want to vote skitter, the bolded especially. it felt too... excuse-make-y. i kept rereading your post with the reasons why you wanted to vote skitter, and trying to see how you might be right and how you might be wrong. this post fit for me, so i voted.

then two voted right after me. i like dunker's reaction there.
In post 196, UC Voyager wrote:I love how ESL (especially the lies) has so far tried to be the town leader or something. He has been drawing attention to everyone, but it almost as if he is trying to avoid bringing attention to himself! He has very ineffective scum hunting tactics, and it makes me think he is scum!
:lol:

First of all, no one tries to be a town leader (successfully), so if you think I'm the town leader, then I must be. Second, it's my fucking job to draw attention to
everyone
... it's called scumhunting. Third, if you're going to make a statement like "he has very ineffective scum hunting tactics", be prepared to explain 1) what tactics those are and 2) why they are ineffective.

So,
UCV
, what tactics am I using and why are they ineffective? Do enlighten me, oh wise one.

Actually, nevermind, IDGAF. You're probably town. Bad town, but whatever. Keep on doing you.

===== (insert bad jingle posts I read before continuing my catch up)

In post 203, skitter30 wrote: ETL - I dunno, might be scum. Push on Two is bad, but I wanna see what she has to say about what I wrote earlier about Two. Vote on me was bad. I absolutely hated this:
In post 64, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:hiya jingle! so glad you're here. i don't like your angling at me. stop it. ask me real questions if you're actually trying to get a read
instead of just trying to make it seem like you have reasons to scimread me
Too defensive and too much shadethrowing for Jingle's question of 'Are you scum?' and comment of 'needs to start towntelling'. I don't know where she's getting the bolded from cuz I don't see where Jingle implied that at all.
Why didn't you just ask me about this post? You say you prefer people to ask you questions about things they don't understand, yet do not follow your own advice.

The response wasn't simply at Jingle's singular statement, it was at the whole post, and his posts prior to that directed at me. His entire trajectory appeared to be an attempt on his part to give himself justification to "come around" to scumreading me - a scum strategy to make votes appear legitimate. If he's scum, he'd know he would need actual reasons to scumread me, and he'd know that I'd hound him for reasonable explanations, and he'd know that if they weren't satisfactory, I'd fight him to the noose. It looked to me like he was trying to fabricate this trajectory rather than asking me questions and approaching a scumread naturally.

You don't see it, but I do. I know him pretty well, have been playing mafia with him for years now. He's one of my favorite people, so it's more of reading his attitude towards me and comparing it to expectations based on history. That is not something I would expect you to pick up since you don't have the same history with either of us.
In post 205, ironstove wrote:
In post 177, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:OHHH MY GODDDD

Why do these people even sign up to this site? I honestly don't understand it at all. They don't wanna play so why do they waste everyone's time and steal a player slot from someone who would actually contribute to the enjoyment of the game...
In post 178, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:VOTE: ironstove
kill it with fire. i'm not dealing with this bullshit.
I detect some fake outrage in a sad attempt to virtue signal some town telling
In post 206, ironstove wrote:That's simpleton LAMIST mafia behavior 101
In post 207, ironstove wrote:Lock town:
Ironstove
UC Voyager
Dunkerdoodles

REST:
TBD
soooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaad......

I like skitter's inclination to analyze the votes on her own wagon. scum don't really do that.
In post 210, Dunkerdoodles wrote:skitter locktown too
locktown bloc: me, skitter, ironstove, flubber, etl, jingle

subject to change
agreed mostly, except maybe for jingle. i'm not so sure about him.
In post 211, TwoInAMillion wrote:saying that my posting is "all sorts of ick" and then criticizing my wagoners for being opportunistic is pretty much the definition of fence sitting.
uhhh... not really.. they are not exclusive to each other. you can think someone is scummy and still recognize that the manner in which votes collected on your preferred wagon were executed in an opportunistic manner or with opportunistic reasons. i agree there's some cogdis on skitter's part but its not fence sitting.

fence sitting is being unwilling to give a definitive read or opinion on someone or something.

what is it with you and incorrect mafia definitions?? it's like you read the wiki cuz you wanted to sound like you knew what you were talking about but didn't really grasp anything that you read.

skitter's response to two is ok.
In post 236, Dunkerdoodles wrote:or maybe you're so bad scum doesn't want to kill you so you can destroy town
this. "endgaming" is not an accomplishment, it's an embarrassment.
In post 242, Dunkerdoodles wrote:if you aren't nightkilled generally it means either your reads are really bad that game and you're pushing town or you aren't contributing as much as others.
In post 243, TwoInAMillion wrote:Clearly that wasn't the case considering in the wins I was not nightkilled in and still on I was contributing to most of the scum wagons.
:lol: he's not getting it, and it's funny, cuz he just keeps reinforcing dunker's point...

i'm just being an asshole. i'll stop. but dunker is making good points about two.
In post 251, Jingle wrote:1. I'd like to hardclaim before the end of day so that I can explain what I believe my role to mean before I get shot. And let's be clear here, I'm pretty obviously getting shot at some point in the near future.
*SIGH*

If you are town, you are being stupid.

I like tai, tai can be town. but she needs to get a move on.

In post 256, Awoo wrote:I think it's worth looking into that most of what people refer to as the speed on the skitter wagon came from sketchy slots like TIAM and Not known.
I've always been a fan of the "momentum read". I've also been shot down on it so many times and proved wrong so many times, I've given up touting it's usefulness. But I like that you're thinking about it. I like that people are looking at that. It's a good tool, if nothing else.

Ok, all caught up. all that's left is to leave whatever ideas I can as I'm pretty sure I'm dying tonight.

Updated:
town - flubber, dunker

town ish - skitter, NK15, tai

feels town, but are they? awoo, UCV

null b/c no content - fykus, ironstove

null b/c i dont know - wicked,

maybe scum? jingle

scum - TiaM
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:00 am

==OOC==
In post 272, Jingle wrote:Oooooh. Found it.

Spoiler:
In my attempts to find it myself, I came across this lovely post:

Subject: Micro 318: AP's Stolen Setup (GAME OVER)
EspeciallyTheLies wrote:ilIed. day3 didnts tart on time. bestiecrsis. openin thead momentarily.

i'm a bittle doo dunk for flavor. and will fix sit later.
ah those were the days (not) :lol:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:01 am

I think I'm done. It seems pretty early in the day for a lynch, but man if two is a scum lynch its too easy for those to slip through town's fingers, and I will be pissed that I had him and let him get away due to paranoia. I'm willing to simmer for a bit, but not long.
Art is cool.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 276, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:With the neighborizer claim.. I'm 99% sure he's scum now. If he actually is a neighborizer, there's no way he's town - too powerful in the hands of town, but balancing in the hands of scum. Especially if what you say about masons is true - no way there's masons and a town neighborizer. I don't see that getting through review.
Will read rest of post shortly, but this bears poking.

Why is neighborizer, masons, role who knows that there are masons but is not himself a mason nor confirmable too powerful in the hands of town? Neighborizer is basically a 0 utility role. Masons are < cop. My role is weird, but not all that powerful balance wise. Absolutely none of that seems like an overpowered town and would in fact suggest an entirely vanilla scumteam to me.
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:17 am

i disagree. and am surprised you are making that argument.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:23 am

I've literally done nothing since I got to work at 12:30 but read and respond to posts in this damn thread. So, I'll be back tomorrow afternoon cuz I have a shitton of shit to get done by yesterday.
In post 276, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Updated:
town - flubber, dunker

These people - please poke the rest, and poke em good!
Art is cool.
Fykus
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Fykus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Fykus »

Just posting to say ill catch up after work. Apologies for my inactivity
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 am

Post by Jingle »

Spoiler: ETL Wall
In post 276, EspeciallyTheLies wrote: IF 2iam is scum, my expected partners include you/awoo, so I find the whole "I was waiting for you" thing curious. I mean, why...? What exactly are you waiting for? Why do you need my approval to vote? Why would you wait so long to push ... anyone? The thing I am concerned about here is if TIAM is indeed scum, and you are his partner, you will try to hammer for cred, knowing already what he is. Doubly so if he flips goon and nothing more interesting.
And the other thing here is if TIAM is scum, I don't believe skitter is. There's an argument for skitter. I'll admit that you have made good points here. I played a bit of devil's advocate in my head with this yesterday, but it's sound and makes sense. BUT TIAM IS SO MUCH SCUMMIER?! And in my mind, if that's the case, then all of these issues were more than likely presented by a town player (skitter), which makes me wonder - are any of these points worthwhile in the first place? I'm not criticizing your analysis or scum-hunting abilities, just the reality of it, if that makes sense.
Now that is exactly what I just said.
RE: NK15's catch up. IIIIIIIII LIKE IT. It's not pretty, and it's mostly wrong, but it shows a thought process. I'm labeling that town. Not as strong as flubber and dunker, but town nonetheless.
Premature, but viable.
First of all, no one tries to be a town leader (successfully), so if you think I'm the town leader, then I must be. Second, it's my fucking job to draw attention to
everyone
... it's called scumhunting. Third, if you're going to make a statement like "he has very ineffective scum hunting tactics", be prepared to explain 1) what tactics those are and 2) why they are ineffective.
No one? Not even Thor, or in the glory days, Lying Cat? I agree that he's full of shit here, btw, but you know damn well that there are people who can and will take the thread and make it theirs on purpose as either alignment.
The response wasn't simply at Jingle's singular statement, it was at the whole post, and his posts prior to that directed at me. His entire trajectory appeared to be an attempt on his part to give himself justification to "come around" to scumreading me - a scum strategy to make votes appear legitimate. If he's scum, he'd know he would need actual reasons to scumread me, and he'd know that I'd hound him for reasonable explanations, and he'd know that if they weren't satisfactory, I'd fight him to the noose. It looked to me like he was trying to fabricate this trajectory rather than asking me questions and approaching a scumread naturally.

You don't see it, but I do. I know him pretty well, have been playing mafia with him for years now. He's one of my favorite people, so it's more of reading his attitude towards me and comparing it to expectations based on history. That is not something I would expect you to pick up since you don't have the same history with either of us.

How do I read you, ETL?

A hint. I don't know if I've ever come out and said ETL is scum. I do the opposite well. I can townread you on page 2 and be right on the money. The only other real ETL read I get is "I don't know for sure."

I like skitter's inclination to analyze the votes on her own wagon. Newbscum don't really do that.
FTFY, but still valid.

subject to change
Psh. You know I'm town, you just don't want to admit it yet.
skitter's response to two is literally the best part of their in thread presence.
FTFY

Unfortunately, it could come from scum in survival mode so it's more null than anything, but I do WANT it to be town.
In post 242, Dunkerdoodles wrote:if you aren't nightkilled generally it means either your reads are really bad that game and you're pushing town or you aren't contributing as much as others.
Or Jingle's scum and getting cocky again. ;) Or that the nightkills were pretty much forced by PR interactions (Role madness or bad game design.)
In post 251, Jingle wrote:1. I'd like to hardclaim before the end of day so that I can explain what I believe my role to mean before I get shot. And let's be clear here, I'm pretty obviously getting shot at some point in the near future.
*SIGH*

If you are town,
you are being stupid.

See. These are the things, ETL. These things. Do them more.

And yeah, I'm being stupid. My problem with the gamestate is that my two preferred wagons are both close to lynch. And that makes me feel like people are sheeping me. And that makes me feel like I'm wrong and we're going to lose. This is my curse. This is my life.
Ok, all caught up. all that's left is to leave whatever ideas I can as I'm pretty sure I'm dying tonight.
Oh, so you know I'm town. :D

Updated:
town - flubber, dunker

maybe scum? jingle

scum - TiaM
Wicked doesn't poke me right out the gate, or get in between us. He knows me as a combative asshole who is really good at getting his way and scum wicked has literally 0 reason to draw my attention to him that soon. I'm pretty sure he's also seen my propensity to tunnel someone over almost nothing for the entire game, like a dog with a bone.

Flubbs has had individual posts that make me want to townbin him, but nothing screams it to me, so I'd still like to hear the logic there.
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:35 am

thor doesn't have to *try*. he's thor remember.

i'll read/respond in detail when i'm not driving
Art is cool.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Jingle »

No rush. I should be doing other things myself, tbh.
This is a Parachute.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

ok there's no way there's masons and a town neighborizer if jingle is right about there being masons
i actually want jingle to hardclaim, he said he wanted to anyways
i don't like how early tiam claimed but i'm guessing he's probably a maf neighborizer/something like that
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:14 pm

In post 283, Jingle wrote:
Spoiler: ETL Wall
In post 276, EspeciallyTheLies wrote: IF 2iam is scum, my expected partners include you/awoo, so I find the whole "I was waiting for you" thing curious. I mean, why...? What exactly are you waiting for? Why do you need my approval to vote? Why would you wait so long to push ... anyone? The thing I am concerned about here is if TIAM is indeed scum, and you are his partner, you will try to hammer for cred, knowing already what he is. Doubly so if he flips goon and nothing more interesting.
Now that is exactly what I just said.
Premature, but viable.
everyone
No one? Not even Thor, or in the glory days, Lying Cat? I agree that he's full of shit here, btw, but you know damn well that there are people who can and will take the thread and make it theirs on purpose as either alignment.

How do I read you, ETL?

A hint. I don't know if I've ever come out and said ETL is scum. I do the opposite well. I can townread you on page 2 and be right on the money. The only other real ETL read I get is "I don't know for sure."

Then you should have gotten it by now.

I like skitter's inclination to analyze the votes on her own wagon. Newbscum don't really do that.
FTFY, but still valid.
good fix. that's what i meant.

subject to change
Psh. You know I'm town, you just don't want to admit it yet.
i know nothing. there's only one person i know is town.

skitter's response to two is literally the best part of their in thread presence.
FTFY

Unfortunately, it could come from scum in survival mode so it's more null than anything, but I do WANT it to be town.
thats why i said it was "ok"

Or Jingle's scum and getting cocky again. ;) Or that the nightkills were pretty much forced by PR interactions (Role madness or bad game design.)
*SIGH*

If you are town,
you are being stupid.

See. These are the things, ETL. These things. Do them more.
i will do what i want.

And yeah, I'm being stupid. My problem with the gamestate is that my two preferred wagons are both close to lynch. And that makes me feel like people are sheeping me. And that makes me feel like I'm wrong and we're going to lose. This is my curse. This is my life.
dont claim unless you have to. don't be dumb

Oh, so you know I'm town. :D
what??

Updated:
town - flubber, dunker

maybe scum? jingle

scum - TiaM
Wicked doesn't poke me right out the gate, or get in between us. He knows me as a combative asshole who is really good at getting his way and scum wicked has literally 0 reason to draw my attention to him that soon. I'm pretty sure he's also seen my propensity to tunnel someone over almost nothing for the entire game, like a dog with a bone.
what is the conclusion here? i'm missing it

Flubbs has had individual posts that make me want to townbin him, but nothing screams it to me, so I'd still like to hear the logic there.
do you not remember flubber scum??? this isn't it.
this post was mostly empty. what's up with that jingles?
Art is cool.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Jingle »

Aight.

When I die, something happens. This thing is either good or bad (So scum doesn't know whether or not I need to die tonight), but will effect all non mafia PT's in the game. This thing is not protown enough for me to jump into the noose, nor is it antitown enough for me to try to hide it completely. It does lead me to the conclusion that there is at least one completely town oriented PT open right now. It also leads me to the conclusion that the capacity for multiple town PT's is real, though not necessarily that scum can't have PT's.

The masons bit isn't a confirmed thing in my role PM, btw, just something I think is more likely than not given my role. Like 80% chance.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 287, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Jingle wrote:Oh, so you know I'm town.
what??
There's no way in hell scum Jingle shoots town ETL day 1 when she's literally the reason he's in the game in the first place.
Jangle wrote:Wicked doesn't poke me right out the gate, or get in between us. He knows me as a combative asshole who is really good at getting his way and scum wicked has literally 0 reason to draw my attention to him that soon. I'm pretty sure he's also seen my propensity to tunnel someone over almost nothing for the entire game, like a dog with a bone.
what is the conclusion here? i'm missing it
I'll come following you. wrote:Flubbs has had individual posts that make me want to townbin him, but nothing screams it to me, so I'd still like to hear the logic there.
do you not remember flubber scum??? this isn't it.
I do remember Flubscum. From two years ago. You know, when I had trouble reading flubber. This feels different, but there's also a 2 year gap to make me doubt that. Flubbs seems more... mature, I guess? But that could easily be playstyle.

Wicked is town. His interactions with me on page 1 are unnecessary and not something scumWicked risks.

DD is slightly less town, but still very town because he was the naked humpvote on a P1 wagon on someone who may well have been claiming masons out the gate. Newbscum ISN'T that ballsy. Flubbs might pull that, but DD wouldn't.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 287, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:dont claim unless you have to. don't be dumb
You're NOT MY ROBOT SUPERVISOR!

But no seriously. Making scum shoot me over anyone else out of paranoia is a great use of my role, and getting the probably all town PT information out early was useful. If there is no other PT shenanigans, my role makes 2 100% town. I seriously doubt this to be the case given play and crumbing, but I cannot for the life of me decide whether trying to figure that out today is a good enough use of my time. Further, my role means to me that further PT shenanigans doesn't make 2 outright scum, because *reasons*. There's a nonzero chance of Mafia Neighborizer, but it seems like a risky fakeclaim given everything in the thread.
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:19 pm

ok you can be town.

i think you're wrong about the neighborizer. and i think we should lynch him. but maybe not today...? *sigh* i can see using it to the advantage of town for at least one night.

i also think we should discuss who he plans to neighborize, now that the role has been outed. what do you think about that?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:22 pm

In post 289, Jingle wrote:DD is slightly less town, but still very town because he was the naked humpvote on a P1 wagon on someone who may well have been claiming masons out the gate. Newbscum ISN'T that ballsy. Flubbs might pull that, but DD wouldn't.
nobody claimed masons.
Art is cool.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by Jingle »

Not me. We both know that in a couple of days I'd stop posting in the neighborhood. You're usually a good bet, but again, if you get busy it's up in the air.

I'd go with someone who looks town and has a decent chance of reading 2 in the nightphase, but all of my strong townreads are annoyingly lurktastic (or maybe I'm just being spammy) so that's pretty meh. I def want him to hit town if he uses it, but it seems pretty unimportant. Definitely should claim his target in advance though, if we're letting it go to night.

Nah, but my first post was a pretty easy to see softclaim that could well have been a mason softclaim.
This is a Parachute.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 pm

i elect dunker
Art is cool.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Jingle »

Not a terrible choice, but I'd like to see 2's ideas/reasoning. More, I'd like to see new stances from the more than half the player list with insufficient content for a solid read. Which means fresh topics of discussion. 2 and skitters probably aren't scum together, which means there's two more scum. Do you disagree that awoo looks objectively terrible right now regardless of which of them is scum?
This is a Parachute.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

i don't want to rule out skitter/tiam scumteam, but i can see they probably aren't scum together.
i feel confident i can read two in the neighborhood if we go that route.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I also thought the timing of Two's claim was a bit early, and was surprised to see it.

I think I believe the neighborizer part - it's a really odd claim for him to pick out of a hat if he was trying to create a fakeclaim out of wholecloth to prevent a lynch. Like, neighborizer isn't a 'get-out-of-jail-free card' claim for a day 1 lynch. It isn't like cop or anything. It's also proveable, so I dunno why he'd claim it if he wasn't.

I don't think that the claim makes him town though.
In post 256, Awoo wrote: Get this: if TIAM was really looking to read skitter, he would have read and seen his response to what I said about fence sitting, then responded to that, if anything. This just appears as pushing the wagon for the sake of pushing the wagon instead of trying to formulate reads and sort.
This feels distance-y and/or bus-y.
In post 271, Awoo wrote:LOL
I sure hope my scumreads don't flip scum or else im in trouble! ..sorry I think I got brain damage while you were shaking me.
This feels kinda fake? Like an overreaction, almost. Kinda false-bravado-y?
In post 276, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 203, skitter30 wrote: ETL - I dunno, might be scum. Push on Two is bad, but I wanna see what she has to say about what I wrote earlier about Two. Vote on me was bad. I absolutely hated this:
In post 64, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:hiya jingle! so glad you're here. i don't like your angling at me. stop it. ask me real questions if you're actually trying to get a read
instead of just trying to make it seem like you have reasons to scimread me
Too defensive and too much shadethrowing for Jingle's question of 'Are you scum?' and comment of 'needs to start towntelling'. I don't know where she's getting the bolded from cuz I don't see where Jingle implied that at all.
Why didn't you just ask me about this post? You say you prefer people to ask you questions about things they don't understand, yet do not follow your own advice.
In post 185, skitter30 wrote:
In post 64, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:hiya jingle! so glad you're here. i don't like your angling at me. stop it. ask me real questions if you're actually trying to get a read instead
of just trying to make it seem like you have reasons to scimread me
Can you elaborate on this please? Namely, why do you think he was doing the bolded?
???

I think I'm townreading the bit I quoted from 276 though. It's the annoyance I think. My overall impression from ETL from the past two pages is a townlean.
In post 283, Jingle wrote:Unfortunately, it could come from scum in survival mode so it's more null than anything, but I do WANT it to be town.
Me in scum survival mode is panic-lurking. I hate playing scum. I am not a good scum player. I get flustered and defensive and do stupid things as scum. I lurk, avoid talking about things that I think are in any way controversial, and make a post or two just before a prod would go out. I hate getting wagoned as scum and don't know how to respond to it so I tend to lurk it out, and would prefer to just let the lynch happen than trying to fight it. I wouldn't be posting here when I was sick or had an assignment due, and would just use that as an excuse for not posting for like two days while getting wagoned.

This is all self-meta though so should be taken with a grain of salt and is basically meh.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

so we're thinking two is scum neighborizer?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I think so, yes.