Mini Normal 1964 - Hell Is 56k Dialup - Endgame!

KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:41 am

Post by KidAmn »

cytheflyguy Has Failed To Pick Up Their Prod And Will Be Replaced.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:40 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 40, Katyusha wrote:
In post 35, Transcend wrote:Did someone say cat?

I will destroy it
too late, everyone else just voted for you so you're lynched

were you town?
Firaja wrote:
Katyusha wrote:Trans, what do you have to say?
Firaja wrote:It seems a little weird to me is all, because it is early on it probably is nothing but i feel like a fair bit of focus was put on it when it needn't have.
I mean yeah it's irrelevant and anything irrelevant that gets focused on always gets too much attention, so...

out of the two of them which one is pinging you more? if at all?

If anyhing i'd say cytheflyguy looks a little worse from it simply because his couple of comments on it is what made it into more of a thing and started the conversation on it. But as i said before because it's early on it is probably nothing, just something I'm keeping in mind for now.
VOTE: Firaga

no?

cy's the townier of the two of them - he's the one actually trying to bring substance to the table by asking about the meta behind the percentages

i feel like scum is more likely to miss the nuance there
This felt like a baited, contradictory, and knighting
In post 45, Katyusha wrote:Btw, I'm assuming you're new? do you have prior experience on a forum if so?
With this added in it just seems like they had an assumption bout a player and wanted to try to take advantage of it(them being new).
I mean, if it was me and I saw this with a “new” player, I don’t think my first reaction would be voting them as caught scum.
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Transcend »

Hm
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Srceenplay »

Hr
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Keychain wrote:I see, okay.
Transcend wrote:Let's lynch cy
Sure. I'd also be good with EE and Zach as of right now. There's a couple people "supporting" the EE wagon but not voting him which makes me want to push that, but Cy is probably scum.
Yeah It's Really Nonsensical For Me To Be Voting My #1 Scumread Right Now When EE Can Literally Die At Any Time... Plurality Bro :lol:
There Is Definitely Evaluating To B Done Tho
Keychain wrote:
@Zach: I feel like a lot of your scumread on Firaja is scumreading inexperience, and it makes you maintaining a townread on Joda seem really awkward in comparison.
I Scumread Firaja For His UC Push That Doesn't Make Sense At All. If He Were Actually Sorting That Interaction I Believe He'd Have Found Cy Scummier Objectively But He Was Probably Just Looking To Push The Lynchbait
I Never Considered Firaja Inexperienced After I Read He Had Another Account Before.
Keychain wrote: Also
In post 386, Zachstralkita wrote:You've been hopping from mislynch to mislynch cause scum are driving lynches
In post 366, Zachstralkita wrote:if it wasnt clear before i was reallt asking joda why i'd be lynch shopping as scum with plurality
assuming even two of these wagons could be town makes it not hard to just idle on a wagon...
...how does lynch hopping make me scum and you town
Your Two Main Pushes Are Town :wink:
northsidegal wrote:the feeling i get from reading schadd's iso is that he seems to take for granted that some people are town. whereas he's commented on his townread on keychain given that the topic of keychain being scum was brought up, it seems to me like without any discussion or at least visible reasoning he's accepted transcend, zach and katayusha as being town. this could just as easily come from familiarity with the players as it could from already knowing everyone's alignment and only commenting on cases that other people bring up (to give the appearance of activity or of deliberation), so i'm not making this as some huge alignment indicative point.

schadd, could say who you townread and explain why?
It Seems Like You Care More About His Townreads Than His Scum Reads Here? Also Have You Avoided Expressing A Read On Me? I've Pushed You The Most At This Point.
northsidegal wrote:okay, so here are my thoughts having followed along with the thread and done a quick reread.

can someone explain the wagon on the ucv slot to me? i get that he really hasn't done much this game except for a weak push on jodaxq, but i'm not sure that that's especially alignment-indicative enough to warrant a lynch. lynches for "null" behavior like that have always struck me as lazy in the same way as lurker lynches. with that in mind i'm not necessarily saying i'm against it today, just saying that hopefully screenplay can clarify the read there on that slot.
There's Not That Much To Clarify Lol. It Doesn't Really Warrant A Lynch More than EE or Dunnstral Who Are Both Better Choices In The Same Category.
northsidegal wrote:

In post 492, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 490, UC Voyager wrote:i wonder how easy this game would be if i took it seriously. lol
i am 100% positive scum want to lynch bait me. :P
I love how this post precedes your boldest read of the game. So I'm guessing you made this post so if I turn up vanilla civ you can just say you weren't taking it seriously, right? Making sure you cover all your bases is a typical scum move.
finally, this post just exudes someone twisting facts to fit their beliefs and constructing narratives. this is a telltale sign of either a confbiased townie or scum who deliberately has to contrive pushes on people given that they already know everyone's alignment. i'm getting the feeling that it's the latter of the two.
Explain More On This One Here?
northsidegal wrote:
another thing that grabs my attention is the explanation of ucv's actions in . it just doesn't make sense to me: ucv's actions can hardly be considered a serious push and the explanation doesn't explain anything outside of the one post where ucv says he scumreads jodax.
At The Time Joda Was A Main Wagon And UC Was Present On Her Vote. Plurality Lynch Can Favor Scum Heavily Or It Can Favor Town Heavily With A Bloc. The Situation Makes Complete Sense Tho And This Specific Instance Makes It Appear As If You're Trying To Present Otherwise.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:27 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

The Bait Is Set Btw
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:49 am

Post by Transcend »

What's up with the capital letters
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 559, northsidegal wrote:okay, so here are my thoughts having followed along with the thread and done a quick reread.

can someone explain the wagon on the ucv slot to me? i get that he really hasn't done much this game except for a weak push on jodaxq, but i'm not sure that that's especially alignment-indicative enough to warrant a lynch. lynches for "null" behavior like that have always struck me as lazy in the same way as lurker lynches. with that in mind i'm not necessarily saying i'm against it today, just saying that hopefully screenplay can clarify the read there on that slot.

i'm getting a scumlean from jodax, but it's something i'm constantly doubting myself on. the intial motivation for ucv makes total sense to me - ucv wasn't really contributing anything but was clearly in the thread, so that warrants suspicion. at this point, though, i wonder about the motivation behind singling out ucv specifically over other posters who weren't really contributing much or were just lurking it out. the later continuation of the read and the justifications are what leads to the scumread - specifically, i take issue with this:
In post 406, Jodaxq wrote:3. It's not about low contributing, it's about fake contributing. In that same newbie game I hard cased sheepsaysmeep (who was scum) very early on in the game for similar reasons as I'm casing you now. He posted a lot of fake contibution (he always wanted pagetops and asked for reads instead of provided) and I feel like you're doing the same with your asking about meme posting or trying to keep people from insulting one another.
jodax, what makes you read ucv's posts specifically as intentionally fake contributions as opposed to just intentional non-contributions? you're saying that he's attempting to put forward the image of contributing but to me it seems like he never attempted to put forward that pretense.

another thing that grabs my attention is the explanation of ucv's actions in . it just doesn't make sense to me: ucv's actions can hardly be considered a serious push and the explanation doesn't explain anything outside of the one post where ucv says he scumreads jodax.

In post 490, UC Voyager wrote:i wonder how easy this game would be if i took it seriously. lol
I love how this post precedes your boldest read of the game. So I'm guessing you made this post so if I turn up vanilla civ you can just say you weren't taking it seriously, right? Making sure you cover all your bases is a typical scum move.
finally, this post just exudes someone twisting facts to fit their beliefs and constructing narratives. this is a telltale sign of either a confbiased townie or scum who deliberately has to contrive pushes on people given that they already know everyone's alignment. i'm getting the feeling that it's the latter of the two.

splitting the rest up to avoid a wall for transcend's sake.

How am I twisting facts? He posted that he wasn't taking the game seriously and then immediately posted that I'm either town PR or scum based on the ~15 pages he played with me in my newbie game. Even if it came from town motivation you cannot tell me that it doesn't look like he wasn't trying to cover his ass in case his "town PR or scum" read is wrong.

I really do not feel like I'm tunneling on UCV. I've said at least once that I'm willing to change my vote if someone can present a strong argument against it or a stronger argument for someone else and I've gotten neither. In fact, a lot of people either also voted UCV or admitted he'd be an okay lynch but they'd prefer someone else. That kind of talk is not going to pull me off my read. The only person in this game who opposed a UCV lynch for reasons other than thinking I'm scum has been Zach and I've said multiple times that the "UCV wouldn't play this way as scum" argument doesn't hold water with me.

Also, I feel like I should have hammered this point a little more, but UCV's push on me was more than just weak; it contained actual lies. Lying to make a push on the other person with a bandwagon when you're on the chopping block for no reads sounds really really scummy to me and is fake, manufactured, contribution.

You admit that the initial motivation for the UCV push makes total sense. Since that time, what has really changed? The game slowed to a crawl with many of the posters already or becoming useless and UCV has had actual scummy actions with his push for me. Where else should I have gone at this time?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: joda
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 302, Transcend wrote:oh the pure irony coming from this website's new lynchbait rofl
Another stopping point
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:26 am

Post by Transcend »

Lol
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:05 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 579, Zachstralkita wrote:
northsidegal wrote:the feeling i get from reading schadd's iso is that he seems to take for granted that some people are town. whereas he's commented on his townread on keychain given that the topic of keychain being scum was brought up, it seems to me like without any discussion or at least visible reasoning he's accepted transcend, zach and katayusha as being town. this could just as easily come from familiarity with the players as it could from already knowing everyone's alignment and only commenting on cases that other people bring up (to give the appearance of activity or of deliberation), so i'm not making this as some huge alignment indicative point.

schadd, could say who you townread and explain why?
It Seems Like You Care More About His Townreads Than His Scum Reads Here? Also Have You Avoided Expressing A Read On Me? I've Pushed You The Most At This Point.
his townreads are what i'm specifically asking him about, yes. do you take issue with that? i think it's a perfectly valid avenue of investigation to follow. also, i haven't
avoided
talking about you specifically, i just haven't done it yet.
northsidegal wrote:okay, so here are my thoughts having followed along with the thread and done a quick reread.

There's Not That Much To Clarify Lol. It Doesn't Really Warrant A Lynch More than EE or Dunnstral Who Are Both Better Choices In The Same Category.
why do you like those lynches better than ucv?
northsidegal wrote:
Explain More On This One Here?
sure - jodax is placing a lot of grand strategy into what really appears to be a relatively meaningless comment. from my point of view there's really nothing alignment-indicative about that comment there, nor does it really seem like scum setting anything up to cover their bases. i don't think it's really reasonable to see those things in that post, so anyone who does is probably confirmation biased or making disingenuous arguments.
northsidegal wrote: another thing that grabs my attention is the explanation of ucv's actions in . it just doesn't make sense to me: ucv's actions can hardly be considered a serious push and the explanation doesn't explain anything outside of the one post where ucv says he scumreads jodax.
At The Time Joda Was A Main Wagon And UC Was Present On Her Vote. Plurality Lynch Can Favor Scum Heavily Or It Can Favor Town Heavily With A Bloc. The Situation Makes Complete Sense Tho And This Specific Instance Makes It Appear As If You're Trying To Present Otherwise.
what i was trying to say was that jodax only explained the scum motivation behind ucv's vote, rather than his actions the whole game.

i also had not realized that this game is plurality lynch, although i'm not sure how much that changes things.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Transcend »

mod:

If player a and player b both had 5 votes at eod, who would eat the lynch?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 0, KidAmn wrote:5. Deadline Lynch: When the deadline passes, if no player has a majority of the votes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If more than one player is tied for the most votes, no lynch will occur.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Transcend »

A h

Thanks
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Havo »

I don’t know where this game is going. Seems to have ran out of steam.

I will post when I get off work.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:29 am

Post by KidAmn »

Vote Count Nine, Or "This Is My Shtick, Goddamnit, And I'll Be Damned If You Take It From Me"

Srceenplay (3): northsidegal, Jodaxq, cytheflyguy
Jodaxq (3): Srceenplay, Schadd, Transcend
northsidegal (2): Katyusha, Zachstralkita
cytheflyguy (1): Keychain
Everyone Else (1): Havo
Transcend (1): Everyone Else

Not Voting (2): Dunnstral, wavemode

Day 1 Will End With A Furious Battle Of Pointlessly Overwrought Posting Styles That Destroys All CSS Within Six Degrees Of Separation, Or In (expired on 2017-11-28 21:00:00).

With Thirteen Alive, Seven Votes Are Required To Lynch.

Prodding Katyusha, wavemode, And Dunnstral.

Seeking Replacement For cytheflyguy.
Last edited by KidAmn on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

What an ass.
Should have done this first thing.
UNVOTE:
Looks like I’m not the only one
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Everyone Else »

VOTE: screenplay
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

The Sub Tweets Are Real :lol: :lol:
But Our Eyes Aren't Real
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

In post 593, Everyone Else wrote:VOTE: screenplay
How dare you put me at L-3 unannounced, without reason or warning.
Hopefully everyone else will let me finish reading.
Everyone Else
Everyone Else
Goon
Everyone Else
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Everyone Else »

In post 595, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 593, Everyone Else wrote:VOTE: screenplay
How dare you put me at L-3 unannounced, without reason or warning.
Hopefully everyone else will let me finish reading.
lol
Havo
Havo
Mafia Scum
Havo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by Havo »

Looks like this is heading for a deadline scramble.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 597, Havo wrote:Looks like this is heading for a deadline scramble.
what makes you say that?
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Keychain »

I'm guessing it's the lack of activity as deadline approaches, seems pretty self explanatory. If you've got things to say, you should say them soon.

I was townreading Firaja, but you seem a lot scummier. You also haven't changed your vote since replace in, and it's on the leading wagon when we have plurality lynch :igmeou: Where do you want it?

Would all the lovely people who just got prodded be able to chip in just a little bit? Maybe figure out where they want to vote?

VOTE: Everyone Else
I don't like that hop onto Srceen and Transcend has abandoned me on Cy.
Havo, you're not a double voter, are you?
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”