Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:17 am

Post by Apple Jack »

tbh I wasn't even thinking. I let my rage mess with my mind.

My plan was to just shoot once and not shoot anymore, hopefully scum would leave me alive because most people think I am a liability to town and given rb was the other scum, nobody would have ever suspected him.

once the doctor died, I knew I was dead so I figure I would shoot who I thought was most likely scum and if I was wrong i'd at least get some pleasure out of it.

It's hard for me to play as scum, because I am always scum hunting. Even when I am scum I am still "scum hunting" aka pushing the things I personally find scummy. It's easier to do obviously as scum though but I am afraid the entire time. That is really the only difference between my town and scum games. my own fear lol
I love MUFFINS!!!
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:21 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1175, Apple Jack wrote:tbh I wasn't even thinking. I let my rage mess with my mind.

My plan was to just shoot once and not shoot anymore, hopefully scum would leave me alive because most people think I am a liability to town and given rb was the other scum, nobody would have ever suspected him.

once the doctor died, I knew I was dead so I figure I would shoot who I thought was most likely scum and if I was wrong i'd at least get some pleasure out of it.

It's hard for me to play as scum, because I am always scum hunting. Even when I am scum I am still "scum hunting" aka pushing the things I personally find scummy. It's easier to do obviously as scum though but I am afraid the entire time. That is really the only difference between my town and scum games. my own fear lol
Yeah even though the claim more or less sealed your fate, I think you played it about as well as you could've after. Almost won anyway.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:27 am

Post by profii »

I had a gut feeling on rb, so easy to of course because we now know but I couldn't say anything because I had no evidence to back the claim.

interestingly, if the dr was alive and saved derpy, the scum would have died and derpy could have maintained his 1 shot vig claim to the end, so psyko was the perfect lynch in a way
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:31 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1177, profii wrote:interestingly, if the dr was alive and saved derpy, the scum would have died and derpy could have maintained his 1 shot vig claim to the end, so psyko was the perfect lynch in a way
Town with the next-level play.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:32 am

Post by Apple Jack »

@ mod

Why did you let doctor self protect when it is against normal guidelines to do so?

I am in no position to criticize that decision to self protect given my stupidity, but others certainly can lol
I love MUFFINS!!!
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 am

Post by BuJaber »

Mod explains it in the private threads. Apparently site rules allow you a number of 'grey' roles. Self-protecting doc was the grey role in this game.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:36 am

Post by Apple Jack »

meh ok.
I love MUFFINS!!!
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:44 am

Post by BuJaber »

Does seem unfair. That lynch was inevitable.

I've been in a game before where this exact thing happened. Just not on this site so mods weren't really forbidden from giving out such a role. I feel like anybody who has read the wiki on doc role would have policy lynched psyko at that point.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Apple Jack »

the thing is his role pm doesn't even say he can protect himself. It should have been clearer imo but whatever. yall won anyway
I love MUFFINS!!!
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:22 am

Post by profii »

In post 1177, profii wrote:I had a gut feeling on rb, so easy to of course because we now know but I couldn't say anything because I had no evidence to back the claim.

interestingly, if the dr was alive and saved derpy, the scum would have died and derpy could have maintained his 1 shot vig claim to the end, so psyko was the perfect lynch in a way
kinda pleased I got a bite there derpy seeing as no one was following me that you were dodgey as f__k in the game :D
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:37 am

Post by acryon »

That does seem bizarre. Doesn't the possibility of "grey" roles more or less functionally invalidate most rules on what is considered "normal"?
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:03 am

Post by Apple Jack »

In post 1184, profii wrote:
In post 1177, profii wrote:I had a gut feeling on rb, so easy to of course because we now know but I couldn't say anything because I had no evidence to back the claim.

kinda pleased I got a bite there derpy seeing as no one was following me that you were dodgey as f__k in the game :D
lol, that is my town game. I don't play any different as scum or town. I probably should but whatever. Had I not claimed vig, I probably would have won.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Gödel »

In post 1185, acryon wrote:That does seem bizarre. Doesn't the possibility of "grey" roles more or less functionally invalidate most rules on what is considered "normal"?
well there are certain rules a grey role has to follow one of the being flip with a role PM
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:49 am

Post by BuJaber »

@mod - interesting setup, and nice vote counts/theme. Thanks for the game.
PsykoSavant
PsykoSavant
Goon
PsykoSavant
Goon
Goon
Location: A land down under. Where women glow and men plunder.

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by PsykoSavant »

In post 1183, Apple Jack wrote:the thing is his role pm doesn't even say he can protect himself. It should have been clearer imo but whatever. yall won anyway
Role PM says I can attempt to save one player in the game. I'm a player in the game.

Although thank you everyone for the heads up that Doc's can't usually protect themselves. Thats not how it works on the other forum I play on so I didn't even second guess myself that I could do it.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by profii »

Consider it karma, actions taken in good faith result in an unlucky lynch but it was looking pretty bad until the scum teams sorted things for us and we chalk up a win
Gödel
Gödel
Goon
Gödel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Post by Gödel »

In post 1188, BuJaber wrote:@mod - interesting setup, and nice vote counts/theme. Thanks for the game.
Thanks the theme got cut a bit short though we never got to human history, didn't expect the game to end so soon.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1189, PsykoSavant wrote:
In post 1183, Apple Jack wrote:the thing is his role pm doesn't even say he can protect himself. It should have been clearer imo but whatever. yall won anyway
Role PM says I can attempt to save one player in the game. I'm a player in the game.

Although thank you everyone for the heads up that Doc's can't usually protect themselves. Thats not how it works on the other forum I play on so I didn't even second guess myself that I could do it.
Yeah that's unlucky.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Hawk »

Wait we won??

I somehow missed a game over PM or something lol.

I'm honestly surprised. Did anyone pick up me and Skys crumbs? Or did sky get shot n1 because he was so town. Honestly I tried to play s bit scummy near the end of d1 so we wouldn't get shot, but my crumb was probably obvious...

Also Derpy did you think you were getting shot? As 1shot vig claim really SK I might have not shot one time and hoped for some good luck. idk if that's the smartest play but.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Apple Jack »

I didn't pick up any crumbs and had no idea who his buddy was. I knew I was getting shot once the doctor died. I know I messed up claiming vig but when people accuse me of lying about things I am not lying about I get really offended. I would never lie about something meaningless like that. I legitimately confused my games.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Hawk »

Okay just read the Mafia PT thread they didn't know I was mason till RB checked me. The ninja woulda fucked my mind with the setup.

Also to answer RB about why I thought doc flip made Derpy more likely SK. If I believed there was tracker then town either had.

Doc, Vig, Commuter, Tracker, double masons and it was only 2 VT and triple scum. Or 2 scum 1 3rd party that didn't shoot n1. oooooorrrr I believe that Derpy is SK.

You could have gotten me to lynch Derpy RB. After Psycho flipped Doc I thought he was SK because I thought we still had a tracker.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Apple Jack »

I don't get what the point of a ninja was.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Hawk »

Still would have been a town win I think so long as Derpy was always shooting RB cause I wouldn't have believed 1 shot vig and SK in an 11 player game, and unless everyone convinced me otherwise that I was crazy it would have been fine.

Pedit: A red Herring Derpy. Designed to fuck with me on his flip...
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:52 am

Post by Apple Jack »

yeah, not a fan of mods using these red herrings. so many people use setup speculation to game solve and it ends up fucking town over
I love MUFFINS!!!
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 1198, Apple Jack wrote:yeah, not a fan of mods using these red herrings. so many people use setup speculation to game solve and it ends up fucking town over
Yeah seriously it hurt my brain sometimes thinking about this setup. It was bad enough we had 3 claims d1 and I knew that me and Skys were masons so I was like woah no one of these is bullshit. You said you wanted to shoot mulch and I believed 1-shot vig, double masons against odd night commuter, even night role cop.

So come d2 and we have a ninja flip making me believe there is a tracker now and psycho claims doc self heal and yeah... lots of fuckery for town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”