New and exciting direction for the game
In post 240, rb wrote:
In post 238, hyung wrote:Hi guys what's up
Hey dude

VOTE: Hyung
In post 280, rb wrote:VOTE: sauce

every time it talks i wanna lynch it more
In post 315, rb wrote:VOTE: eth0s

If Sauce is scum, he'll never win the game. I'd rather lynch this.
In post 357, rb wrote:
In post 354, Sauce wrote:Obviously the best way to scumhunt is to write the necessary posts one deems sufficient in order to make in unmistakably clear to the objective observer that one is town. Then, if everyone or at least a majority has been given the chance to do so we can start applying pressure. And then if there are inconsistencies or slips or lack of the qualities I've invoked earlier in this game that pertain to townieness, then one can objectively say upon scrutinizing them, that one has succeeded in scumhunting and the rest is up to the fellow townies.
Not everyone plays the game like it's a neat little package.

VOTE: sauce
In post 433, rb wrote:oh, flavor leaf is 3rd party

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
In post 549, rb wrote:VOTE: Flavor Leaf
In post 548, rb wrote:VOTE: rb

conftown
In post 546, rb wrote:
In post 544, profii wrote:I think there is probably one thing we are all agreed on for now

VOTE: hyung
Actually, no.
In post 751, rb wrote:UNVOTE: jodaxq
In post 754, rb wrote:VOTE: Sauce

jodax is reallyfuckingtown
In post 853, rb wrote:
In post 852, eth0s wrote:I think sauce was a stupid lynch and once I have my homework done today I will explain why
How about you just find scum today?

This is worthless to go over. If you think the wagon is scum driven you look there. If it's just a stupid wagon driven by town, well hey you did literally nothing all yesterday and looks like you plan on doing nothing today either.

VOTE: eth0s

This is where I should have stayed yesterday.
In post 868, rb wrote:
In post 865, eth0s wrote:
In post 864, profii wrote:eth0s;

you made an early post saying FL and Dunkers looks like town vs scum.

Then you gradually moved your read on dunkers from null to getting as far as placing a vote on him.

Later, you also placed a vote on Flavor Leaf.

Can you just take us through you thinking here and highlight anything that caused you to change you reads in relation to these 2 players please?
Still working on homework but I will get to this soon.

VOTE: rb
calm down you angry, scummy, little boy.
lol yah, this is scum
In post 998, rb wrote:I've lost interest in this game. Thor is unreal levels of anal retentive.

VOTE: Dunker
Amrock#3784
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by rb »

I don't think i've ever rolled a vig and every time a vig is in my town they kill an active and outspoken town player. either me or another strong player instead of a lurker

Protip: if you suck, vig a lurker instead of an active player
Mulch
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Mulch
Gotta Go Fast
Gotta Go Fast

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Mulch »

As far as I can tell from your ISO you voted town 20 times scum 1 time at full confdidence and the one time scum got wagoned you said “actually,no””

So I wouldn’t be complaining I was shot tbh
Amrock#3784
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by acryon »

Gg guys. And mod, you can release the scum PT. Not much there for obvious reasons lol
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1252, Mulch wrote:As far as I can tell from your ISO you voted town 20 times scum 1 time at full confdidence and the one time scum got wagoned you said “actually,no””

lol why are you commenting in the game you didn't play
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by profii »

Nah :)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by profii »

Eth0s did you actully think I was scum?

I genuinely thought because the game was going 0mph you decided to scum read me to see if a scum player jumped on it and tried to town block with you against me. Neither did but I would have placed my vote as soon as it happened

Your 2 shot thing pinged me as weird and the SK read was probably a distraction- you went into the same mode as last game where you weren’t listening so I thought you were dodgey
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 1256, profii wrote:Eth0s did you actully think I was scum?

I genuinely thought because the game was going 0mph you decided to scum read me to see if a scum player jumped on it and tried to town block with you against me. Neither did but I would have placed my vote as soon as it happened

Your 2 shot thing pinged me as weird and the SK read was probably a distraction- you went into the same mode as last game where you weren’t listening so I thought you were dodgey
I was listening, you just kept saying I was prob SK when the likelihood of having one was slim to none and I was getting paranoid
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:53 pm

Post by profii »

I did also say it didn’t really matter and the SK should have been considered pro town in the day phase as they want to kill scum too
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:45 am

Post by acryon »

FWIW, I actually did react really badly to his gambit saying he was going to shoot me. Fighting it too much would've been suspicious, but letting it go was also super sketch. You picked up on that profii but thankfully dropped it.

So I do think his gambit had the potential to be successful.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:38 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1252, Mulch wrote:As far as I can tell from your ISO you voted town 20 times scum 1 time at full confdidence and the one time scum got wagoned you said “actually,no””

In all fairness, the accuracy of rb's reads should not actually have bearing on the validity of him as a vig target.
You try to vig scum, not mislead town.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:04 am

Post by Archwing »

GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:43 am

Post by Sauce »

In post 1245, Archwing wrote:Originally I thought this may be townsided, given no scum PRs. Apparently not true! I think Sauce on d1 threw town into a downward spiral, which lead to a very quick d2, thus leading to LyLo.
So while hunting scum I got a little caught up calling out falsehoods and provocations, nevertheless arrived at the conclusion that acryon should be lynched. Which truth-defying affirmations have I been wrong to set straight? If it was the manner I did it in that -- by your "astute" assessment -- caused "the spiral", I'll have you know the ratio of times in which I snapped at my provocateurs to those I kept my cool while addressing their lies and provocations is quite low.

Btw, the setup has a decent 1 scum to 3.5 town ratio. The bodyguard has a very small random chance of actually protecting mafia, and is otherwise pretty useless for town without a doc or cop. The tracker has a small random chance of catching the mafia shooter. The 1-shot vig has a higher random chance of killing town than mafia. Daytalk advantageous no matter what, and these are the factors that determine whether a setup is townsided or not.
An intelligent person wouldn't judge the balance of a setup by a single rendition, let alone summarize and conclude that the supposed negative performance of a single player was to blame for a supposed counterintuitive rearrangement of said balance.

I can't control the remaining town players into lynching the prime scumspect of the first two flipped townies.
Show
Sit back. Don't chase it, this moment; don't waste it - aooh
BBcode-lobbying for infinite spoiler- & floatception,
youtube timeline teleportation support and cloaked
anchorage, visible only when raw - quoted or PMed.

Drunknoodles: btw haven't read a single sauce postethauce: I usually start to, and then I realize
I don't hate myself that much, so I stop.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:00 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1262, Sauce wrote:
In post 1245, Archwing wrote:Originally I thought this may be townsided, given no scum PRs. Apparently not true! I think Sauce on d1 threw town into a downward spiral, which lead to a very quick d2, thus leading to LyLo.
So while hunting scum I got a little caught up calling out falsehoods and provocations, nevertheless arrived at the conclusion that acryon should be lynched. Which truth-defying affirmations have I been wrong to set straight? If it was the manner I did it in that -- by your "astute" assessment -- caused "the spiral", I'll have you know the ratio of times in which I snapped at my provocateurs to those I kept my cool while addressing their lies and provocations is quite low.

Btw, the setup has a decent 1 scum to 3.5 town ratio. The bodyguard has a very small random chance of actually protecting mafia, and is otherwise pretty useless for town without a doc or cop. The tracker has a small random chance of catching the mafia shooter. The 1-shot vig has a higher random chance of killing town than mafia. Daytalk advantageous no matter what, and these are the factors that determine whether a setup is townsided or not.
An intelligent person wouldn't judge the balance of a setup by a single rendition, let alone summarize and conclude that the supposed negative performance of a single player was to blame for a supposed counterintuitive rearrangement of said balance.

I can't control the remaining town players into lynching the prime scumspect of the first two flipped townies.
Your first post after the game and you insult the entire player base and the mod.

Truly handling the loss with grace.

A simple phrase may help you in future games: you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:11 am

Post by northsidegal »

@Arch, the private threads aren't public.

cool game to watch, by the way. i think i was considering replacing in for flavor leaf earlier in the game.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Sauce
Sauce
Goon
Sauce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Sauce »

@acryon Two simple phrases may help you in future post-game discussion: An intelligent person doesn't quote the post he's addressing when it's the last one.

Humbleness in victory is not achieved by misconstruing my posts and condescending with proverbs.
Show
Sit back. Don't chase it, this moment; don't waste it - aooh
BBcode-lobbying for infinite spoiler- & floatception,
youtube timeline teleportation support and cloaked
anchorage, visible only when raw - quoted or PMed.

Drunknoodles: btw haven't read a single sauce postethauce: I usually start to, and then I realize
I don't hate myself that much, so I stop.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 am

Post by Archwing »

In post 1264, northsidegal wrote:@Arch, the private threads aren't public.
Apologies to all.. They should be accessible now!
GTKAS
Mini Normal 2010 is now live! PM me to either spectate or join a replacement queue!
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:43 am

Post by profii »

In post 1265, Sauce wrote:@acryon Two simple phrases may help you in future post-game discussion: An intelligent person doesn't quote the post he's addressing when it's the last one..
Any other forum I’d agree but it’s so annoying when trying to read ISO’s
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Lalendra »

Well that was annoying. GG acryon, I had you pretty well townread throughout the game and that was a tough win to pull off with your only partner being a slot of sequential lurkers.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Lalendra »

@mod - I'm not lynchbaity on purpose, it just never fails.
Archwing
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Archwing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Archwing »

In post 1269, Lalendra wrote:@mod - I'm not lynchbaity on purpose, it just never fails.
:lol: Whaddya gonna do. Such is life I guess
GTKAS
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1269, Lalendra wrote:@mod - I'm not lynchbaity on purpose, it just never fails.
A good exercise to change it in the future is to go and read whatever people are claiming as reasons to suspect you (in this game methinks it would best be summed up as 'fencesitting') and then, as long as it doesn't negatively effect the way you scumhunt, try to alter that situation (like, try to make a few more declarative statements even if you're unsure, or try to avoid posting a sentence when you realize all you're doing is arguing both sides with no conclusion offered).

I don't think there was ever a real case against you, just a generalized lack of solid town evidence in favor of you - and that is something you can try to adjust.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Nexus »

To nominate this game and any players or mods in it, please see the Scummies nomination thread.
Trans rights are human rights.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”