Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

Great job scum! I'm sorry I felt the need to replace out. I definitely would not have helped with activity.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1293, northsidegal wrote:Parity cop isn't a whitelisted role. Under the new normal guidelines, there aren't any graylisted roles anymore - they can't be included in games.
Can confirm this.
Anyone who was familiar with the Normal Game Guidelines (e.g. me) would have known that Judge Dredd was literally scumclaiming with the parity cop claim, since
even if
Parity Cop were whitelisted (I'd have to double-check to see if it were), it would not function in the way described.

And given that Normal games no longer allow graylisted roles, not even variants on whitelisted roles...Dredd's parity cop claim was literally impossible to exist in the game.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

Well, I got lucky with that. Next time I'll PM a Zoraster before I fake claim :P
I AM THE LAW!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1297, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1296, Gustavo wrote:This setup was definitely not scum sided, if anything it’s town sided. Town just straight up played bad and mafia sat back.
the setup was by no margin townsided.
Also echoing this. The setup was either balanced or slightly scumsided. Jailkeeper, Loyal Fruit Vendor, and Motion Detector are all situationally-powerful roles, but they have almost no synergy with one another, are in most situations not fairly strong roles in that aside from the Loyal Fruit Vendor they require perfection in order to be of use; the motion detector needs to target the scum making the kill or else is worthless and the jailkeeper needs to target either the scum's nightkill or the scum killing or else is worthless; the jailkeeper can't protect the loyal fruit vendor and can only protect the people provably fruit vended to.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1328, mastina wrote:the motion detector needs to target the scum making the kill
motion detector is super strong at creating late game clears, is otherwise pretty low utility. Fine for a #3 town PR since fully ungated.

I'd probably waffle around whether it's town or wolfsided, bad role synergy obv hurts, but there's potential for a major pr-led stomp or gamestate save imo.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by texcat »

I apologize for not being more active. I'm never a heavy poster. Being busy over the holiday weekend didn't help.

My understanding of why people fake claim as town is that they are trying to attract a night kill, that is, when they fake claim seriously and not just for LOLs. But I find that it confuses town and makes things more difficult for town and then scum don't ever kill there anyway.

The early claim from Garuga clearly hurt town. If we had a doc, they should have protected Garuga, but I can see why Mumble didn't JK him because that would essentially turn him into VT, although a live VT.

I would have claimed on D3, before we lynched Shoshin if I were Mumble, but I was town reading Shoshin the entire time.

I'm not sure how town works together as a team when they don't know who is on the team and who is scum.

Can someone point me to the new normal guidelines??
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 1330, texcat wrote:I'm not sure how town works together as a team when they don't know who is on the team and who is scum.
find town, figure out how to productively work with them to find other town or to find scum directly

engage with each other, refine your reads mutually while working to ensure you haven't mis-read someone that you're working with

figure out productive compromises, i.e. if your #1 lynch won't happen but you guys agree on your #2, that's still pretty good

etc

decent article on this
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... nstrman%29
with a good tldr
  • Most players are villagers most of the time.
  • The village is a team. You lose and win by working together, not individual skill.
  • Working as a team means compromising in your reads and lynching players that aren't your strongest wolfread. Sometimes this means acquiring reads on players you don't have one on yet.
  • The village needs to put in more effort and do a better job deciding the agenda than the wolves to have a shot.
  • If you follow these rules I'm sure you'll notice a marked increase in your village win rate.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1330, texcat wrote:Can someone point me to the new normal guidelines??
The wiki wrote:Normal Games must use only approved roles, and can use any combination (so long as there is at least one Vanilla Townie) in conjunction with approved modifiers.
This is the relevant section; you can check the approved roles, and Parity Cop is not one of them as of the last wiki update.

You can track Normal Guideline changes here, since half of the NRG's current job is actually in continuously providing updates to these sorts of things now. Just iso implosion; if he lists a change, then that change is now Normal. Anything not listed and not on the wiki is not.

And checking there, Parity Cop is in fact not whitelisted, and thus, not Normal.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Post by Gustavo »

I never heard of parity cop but that was a very detailed fake claim.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by texcat »

Thank you both!

Gustavo, it looked believable to me and I looked it up in the wiki, but I don't think it said anything about it being normal or not. I went back and looked at Dredd's posts from D3 and there were a couple of times that he was town reading both Mumble and Shoshin and then flipped to scum reading both of them (or the other way round), but it looked like he had prepared for his claim.
Judge Joseph Dredd
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Judge Joseph Dredd
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Judge Joseph Dredd »

@tex: I did. Check the scum pt. I told my p's we needed to prepare for a fake guilty on D4 after we lynch Shoshin on D3 (that was before Shoshin was lynched). I mean, if I'm gonna fake claim I should at least consider my options beforehand (yet I failed to check the whitelisted roles still). :lol:
I AM THE LAW!
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Gustavo »

I tbink the lesson to be learned is when there is a huge argument and people get quiet. Take a break, get those other people involved and then go back and see if that’s still how you feel.

I say this yet can’t follow my own advice.
TheRampage
TheRampage
Goon
TheRampage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by TheRampage »

Yeah, I played terrible this game. I swore texcat and mumble were scum and I lost focus of the inactives and how we were just slaughtering each other.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1294, Mumble wrote:
In post 1288, Gustavo wrote:
In post 1281, Mumble wrote:Now I'm thinking I messed up.
Yes you did. Quite a few times actually and for that I thank you. Couldn’t have asked for a better scum mate.
Yeah you could. texcat and havingfitz.

Thanks for "playing" you two.
This is poor sportsmanship Mumble. Poor form. I do think the criticisms towards you have merit. Knowing you were a pr as you did...you should have questioned Dredd's claim in relation to the flipped PRs before voting tex. At least let others chime in on your claim as tex tried to. And knowing what your night actions were should have gave you more pause on Shoshin.

RL was too much in the way for me this game but I doubt it would have mattered as I had the entire scum team as town. Good creative claim Dredd.

bleh
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Mumble »

Fair enough, and I apologize if that came across too harshly as it was a kneejerk reaction to an insult. I don't appreciate being called out as the sole reason why town lost this game since there were many factors (which low activity town is one). I admitted I made mistakes and could have played better, but I don't think I did around Shoshin given my strong scum read.
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:10 am

Post by bacy »

i kind of just couldn't get into the game at the beginning :neutral: gg scum!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Invisibility »

sad
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Post by implosion »

If you want to nominate this game or any people in it (moderator or players) for a scummy, please do!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”