Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 64, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:UNVOTE:

I don't have a single town read yet...if you're town can you start doing towny things please?

Thanks.
In post 71, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 66, Invisibility wrote: they seem like an awkward attempt for scum to seem like town for agreeing with criticisms.
What about it comes across as
awkward
to you?

On another note, I have my first town read!

VOTE: JJD
What happened in between these two votes to make you vote Jar?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 71, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 66, Invisibility wrote: they seem like an awkward attempt for scum to seem like town for agreeing with criticisms.
What about it comes across as
awkward
to you?

On another note, I have my first town read!

VOTE: JJD
I also don't understand why this is question you're pressing. This kind of seems like fishing for a relevant question to ask now that you're coming in to make a vote
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 72, TheRampage wrote:
In post 45, JarJarDrinks wrote:Padme made him supreme chancellor in the first place. And anakin was as annoying of a character.

What do u think of Shoshins Garuga read (and her vote on you) ?
While this is true, the whole reason for having Padme go on the run and not be in the Senate was so that Jar Jar could be manipulated into recommending emergency powers for Palpatine. Jar Jar was placed for that exact reason. But yeah, Jar Jar was annoying, but he played an important role in the saga.

Anyways, I think Shoshins is fishing with their reads. We have 3 pages right now and in my eyes, there really hasn't been any slips. I think Shoshin is trying to force a slip and is setting a trap. Still, I am not really thinking anything of Shoshin's read or vote on me. Their reasoning is very poor and based off of my first post, and apparently to them, everything I write is scummy. Possibly even this post.
I really don't like this post. One complete filler paragraph and one that feels very forced and defensive in a passive-aggressive way.
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

In post 80, TheRampage wrote:I am gonna UNVOTE:

I feel like Shirt on is trying to trap and it is failing. Either that or hoping the newb is an easy target for lynching as scum. Tough call. Will wait as the day drags on.
It's a tough call between Shoshin being scum and setting a trap and Shoshin being scum and hoping for a mislynch?
Jodaxq
Jodaxq
Goon
Jodaxq
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by Jodaxq »

VOTE: TheRampage

I don't like how he's typed more words about Star Wars than the game, and I don't like how he's pushing for Shoshin
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Post by bacy »

In post 74, havingfitz wrote:
In post 69, bacy wrote:
In post 65, Garuga wrote:
My current pet theory on this game is that havingfitz was scum, my vote on him made Scumsibility worried and he wants to discredit me, and Sho is scum playing a different angle. These are very premature reads though.
i feel like
this
kinda stuff are very hard to fake as scum
What in
"this"
is hard for scum to fake?
this way of thinking and just expressing it without anyone asking/pressuring you to
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun May 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by bacy »

In post 88, TheRampage wrote:
In post 87, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 82, Garuga wrote:

I feel like Shirt on is trying to trap and it is failing. Either that or hoping the newb is an easy target for lynching as scum. Tough call. Will wait as the day drags on.
If you suspect Shoshin, why aren't you voting her? After all, we just had a discussion about this topic.
Agree with this. Like why unvote in the same post?
I unvoted because I wished to remove my initial joke vote since the game has taken a turn for the serious. Now like I said, I did not vote Shoshin yet because I am not solid on believing he is scum.
but it's the best scumread you've got so far im guessing, right? i really don't see why you wouldn't wanna vote here unless there's some shady business going on :nerd:
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 12:42 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 93, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 34, Gustavo wrote:Cause you don’t rvs vote over something suspicious
I'm confused at where you're coming from. He didn't RVS vote for something suspicious. I thought that was the whole point?
i think he means "Why would you make an RVS vote rather than a vote for something suspicious"
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 1:48 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 95, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 39, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 4, Garuga wrote:Let's get this game started!

VOTE: JarJarDrinks

His name is... unpleasant.
Is it cuz u dont like Jar Jar. Or u dont like people making fun of Jar Jar's name?

Answer may affect where I vote.
In post 40, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 5, TheRampage wrote:Checking in

VOTE: Garuga for stealing my initial vote :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Meaning u were planning to vote for me or ur mad that he made the games first vote?
These kind of questions seem scummy to me. The answers would clutter the thread with some useless information
39 was my opening post.

I hadn't read anything yet and saw that there was only a page worth or posts and figured we were still in RVS.

But the second question I actually did want to know the answer to cuz if he was planning on RVSing someone else I'd have thought it was odd that he didnt.

but the first post was just for funnayz.

In post 96, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 44, TheRampage wrote:
In post 40, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 5, TheRampage wrote:Checking in

VOTE: Garuga for stealing my initial vote :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Meaning u were planning to vote for me or ur mad that he made the games first vote?
It was because I was gonna vote for you and make some off handed comment about how Jar Jar sucks and turned the Galactic Republic into and Empire by getting Chancellor Palpatine Emergency Powers.
In post 45, JarJarDrinks wrote:Padme made him supreme chancellor in the first place. And anakin was as annoying of a character.

What do u think of Shoshins Garuga read (and her vote on you) ?
As I was saying
O Cmon I cant have a little fun? I asked a legit question to go along with it.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 1:50 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

good posts from Jodaxq. I townread her.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 1:58 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 104, Jodaxq wrote:

It's a tough call between Shoshin being scum and setting a trap and Shoshin being scum and hoping for a mislynch?
I believe the former is supposed to mean that Shoshin is town and setting a trap for scum. Which seems like a weird POV for rampage to have since that would make HIM scum. Especially since he says it's "failing".
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:01 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

lets do this

UNVOTE:

VOTE: TheRampage
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 98, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 51, Shoshin wrote:If I didn't find Rampage scummy, I'd vote Jar for that shallow attempt to throw a vote my way.
I find this pretty strange. He asked a question on something that seemed out of place and voted. That's a pretty normal happening in a game of mafia. I don't see how it stands out this much to you other than that it's a vote for you.
Jar also interpreted my meaning in the worst possible light without any reason to do so, and that bias isn't "normal" at this point in the game.
In post 99, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 55, Shoshin wrote:The problem with Jar is that he's making his case on me before trying to understand my thinking. That's how scum play, not town.
This comes across as defensive. No one else had even commented yet.
I understand why you'd read this as defensive but that wasn't my intent - I was clarifying 51.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:53 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 113, Shoshin wrote:
In post 98, Jodaxq wrote:
In post 51, Shoshin wrote:If I didn't find Rampage scummy, I'd vote Jar for that shallow attempt to throw a vote my way.
I find this pretty strange. He asked a question on something that seemed out of place and voted. That's a pretty normal happening in a game of mafia. I don't see how it stands out this much to you other than that it's a vote for you.
Jar also interpreted my meaning in the worst possible light without any reason to do so, and that bias isn't "normal" at this point in the game.
Ok here's what I see as the facts:
(if u disagree with any of these points then say so)

- Garuga makes a post that looks bad and people attack him for it.

- You defend that post

- I ask you why your defending a bad post and you imply that the reason is because Garuga admitted himself that the post is bad

- I point out that's inconsistent with what you've said so far

explain what a "normal" reaction should be?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 2:53 am

Post by havingfitz »

Catching up from the weekend...up to post 108. Got to Shosin's and have to call BS. 18 isn't independently scummy...but 18 looks bad? Bad doesn't equal scummy to you? Garuga says the
only suspicious thing
he has seen up to this point is BBT's OMGUS vote and yet he votes me for an unexplained bad rvs post. Then you go on to say Garuga "had a reason for voting as he did." WTF was his reason again? Oh...the bad rvs post that wasn't even the only suspicious thing he had seen up to this point.

I don't know about most people but I tend to vote people I think are doing suspicious shit. Garuga and Shosin both scum reads for me.

WTF? How does the comment you quote from Garuga even come off as from town? smh....

is terrible. iirc I touch on it in my last post.

who is your town read and why did you vote JJD?

so you unvote Garuga because it was still there from a joking first vote....but what are your thoughts on Garuga currently? He has generated a good deal of suspicion/discussion.

wtf?

but Garuga was under pressure for his post 18. He would stand to benefit as scum (or town) to explain himself. Why would he double down on me being scum...and also call out his defender (Shosin) as scum...but instead vote someone he has not given any reason for voting because their wagon looked more promising? How is any of that coming from town?

Piggybacking on this because I missed the subject earlier...didn't Garuga go against his own advice he gives in when he votes me over BBT in #18?

Early reads:

Suspect - Garuga, Shosin

Lean town - JJD and BBT. And probably invisibility and Gustavo as well.

TBD - everyone else.

Rampage
...would you consider getting an avatar so your posts can be readily identified? While no avatar does set you apart...it just seems easier imo to quickly ID on any given page who is who from their avatars.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
bacy
bacy
Goon
bacy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 3:35 am

Post by bacy »

In post 115, havingfitz wrote:but Garuga was under pressure for his post 18. He would stand to benefit as scum (or town) to explain himself. Why would he double down on me being scum...and also call out his defender (Shosin) as scum...but instead vote someone he has not given any reason for voting because their wagon looked more promising? How is any of that coming from town?
my point was, no one pressured him to give that kind of a detailed read. which means he was genuinely thinking about it. that kinda read doesnt generally come from scum naturally
he did give a reason for voting invisibility though. those three cases you mentioned all seem like a legit reason for him to voting for one of them, he chose this one since he thought it woud be more promising, seems totally fine, after all it is only the start of the day anyways. besides its not like there's one scum in the game
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 114, JarJarDrinks wrote:- I ask you why your defending a bad post and you imply that the reason is because Garuga admitted himself that the post is bad

- I point out that's inconsistent with what you've said so far
I didn't say anything inconsistent. You're assuming that defending Garuga means I automatically agree with Garuga's perception (that his own post is bad). You also ignored , which clarified the meaning in .
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:30 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 117, Shoshin wrote:You're assuming that defending Garuga means I automatically agree with Garuga's perception (that his own post is bad).
You dont that that's a natural assumption to make based of of this:
Spoiler:
In post 46, Shoshin wrote:
In post 41, JarJarDrinks wrote:why are you defending a post from Garuga that he himself admitted was bad?
That's precisely why.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Shoshin »

No, that's not a natural assumption. Townies don't think to themselves, "oh, X feels town, so now I automatically agree with everything X says." Your blindness on this reveals an unfounded bias against me.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Shoshin »

I don't like HF's use of "wtf" - his reaction seems a bit over-the-top.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:46 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 119, Shoshin wrote:No, that's not a natural assumption. Townies don't think to themselves, "oh, X feels town, so now I automatically agree with everything X says."
This post is confusing.

Are you saying that I'm calling you scummy because you don't agree with Garuga even tho u townread him?

cuz I'm not at all.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 121, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 119, Shoshin wrote:No, that's not a natural assumption. Townies don't think to themselves, "oh, X feels town, so now I automatically agree with everything X says."
This post is confusing.

Are you saying that I'm calling you scummy because you don't agree with Garuga even tho u townread him?
No, that's not what I'm saying. But your overuse of leading questions is also scummy.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:50 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

then explain that quote. Who is it referring to and who represents X?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2018 4:51 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 119, Shoshin wrote:Townies don't think to themselves, "oh, X feels town, so now I automatically agree with everything X says."
Like what is this referring to?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”