ByronVilla
ByronVilla
Goon
ByronVilla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:08 am

Post by ByronVilla »

In post 249, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Byron, why the change?

Has your read on me changed or is the read on Invis stronger?
My read on you has changed slightly, you're still an ass but scum wouldn't want to be an ass for the most part so you're like a slight scum lean now. (Ay you wanna answer that question still?)

Invis I just feel off about. Feels like they've just bounced around wagons with no real solid reads. Invis, can you give us a readlist if possible (Ideally with reasonings)? You keep saying so-and-so are town/scum but with no real explanation behind each read. Feels like a weirdly safe way of playing that I'm not a fan of.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 245, Lefty wrote:I am voting the person I wanna lynch.

But I doubt that’s gonna happen today so I’d compromise on a few. Teacher and Performer aren’t two of those.
You still have your rvs vote on me...
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 246, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 242, Gustavo wrote:Well I’m fine with either wagon but for now I’d rather go with performer.
Why were you asking for a case if you're fine with the wagon anyway?
I wanted your reasons.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:19 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 248, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Lefty talk about your teacher read please.
Still working a lot on gut reads atm.
He came out pushing people from gamestart which generally I think is Townie. I wasn’t in love with his post about not expecting an answer from you while asking for an answer, but his most recent one with reads was good imo.

Pedit: @Gus I made a few points yesterday that should tell you my read on you and why I haven’t moved my vote. It’s not RVS.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:20 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Why? What would that achieve?

I feel like that was a 'look busy' question - the answer clearly does not matter to you.

PEdit - Lefty, which people do you think teacher pushed and can you show examples of this please?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:22 am

Page 11 and I'm still struggling for town reads.

Sad times.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 253, Lefty wrote:Pedit: @Gus I made a few points yesterday that should tell you my read on you and why I haven’t moved my vote. It’s not RVS.
A gut read was all I saw. I also don’t see you trying to convince others. If you are town you’re being lazy. At least try to convince others to vote me. Lazy players are the 2nd worst.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:23 am

Post by Lefty »

Literally his first post was calling out Invis. He pressured you during our interaction. He’s moving to Gus now when there are more opportunistic targets to have.

He just doesn’t look like scum to me.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:24 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 256, Gustavo wrote:
In post 253, Lefty wrote:Pedit: @Gus I made a few points yesterday that should tell you my read on you and why I haven’t moved my vote. It’s not RVS.
A gut read was all I saw. I also don’t see you trying to convince others. If you are town you’re being lazy. At least try to convince others to vote me. Lazy players are the 2nd worst.
I’ve got time. I’d rather let you continue wagon hopping on all the low hanging fruit so I have more to bury you with later. People are coming around already, I’m not sweating it.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 257, Lefty wrote:Literally his first post was calling out Invis. He pressured you during our interaction. He’s moving to Gus now when there are more opportunistic targets to have.
He just doesn’t look like scum to me.
@BBT
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 254, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Why? What would that achieve?
It would help me know if you actually have some or not. You could easily just be BSing. You could also be scum not able to come up with any.

Town if asked probably should provide reasons. It’s better to be more open and transparent than not
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 258, Lefty wrote:
I’ve got time. I’d rather let you continue wagon hopping on all the low hanging fruit so I have more to bury you with later. People are coming around already, I’m not sweating it.
That would imply I’ve wagon hopped on low hanging fruit which I haven’t done. You have nothing to bury me with, that’s your problem. I can explain my votes with reasons. You can’t do it.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 261, Gustavo wrote:
In post 258, Lefty wrote:
That would imply I’ve wagon hopped on low hanging fruit which I haven’t done. You have nothing to bury me with, that’s your problem. I can explain my votes with reasons. You can’t do it.
Me/Teacher/Performer

I gave my reasons. You can try to dismiss it as a bad gut read, but I mentioned yesterday specifically that your interactions with Invis yesterday and how you were arguing smacks of calculated scum to me. You’re arguing the logical aspect but townies aren’t always logical with their play.

Also, asking BBT for reasons when you couldn’t be arsed to discuss any read with me yesterday is funny.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 am

VOTE: Gustavo
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:37 am

Post by Gustavo »

You was rvs.
The teacher wagon was also rvs
Performer was my first serious vote and unless something happens, I’m not changing. M

So do you want to try again or you just going to keep making things up?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 262, Lefty wrote:I mentioned yesterday specifically that your interactions with Invis yesterday
Invis voted for a terrible reason. What’s wrong with calling that out? Please explain
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 262, Lefty wrote:Also, asking BBT for reasons when you couldn’t be arsed to discuss any read with me yesterday is funny.
You asked for my town reads. Asking for reasons for a scum read is completely different
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Votecount 1.06

Performer
(3): Nosferatu, Tchill13, Gustavo
Gustavo
(3): Lefty, teacher, BlueBloodedToffee
Invisibility
(3): Garmr, Performer, ByronVilla
ByronVilla
(1): Gosrir Elmer Odels
Tchill13
(1): Tommy Egan
teacher
(1): wavemode

Not Voting
(1): Invisibility

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-06-25 14:45:00)

Mod Notes:
  • Performer V/LA on weekends
  • teacher V/LA on weekends
<(") | (")>
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Lefty »

In post 265, Gustavo wrote:
In post 262, Lefty wrote:I mentioned yesterday specifically that your interactions with Invis yesterday
Invis voted for a terrible reason. What’s wrong with calling that out? Please explain
There’s nothing wrong with it. That’s kind of the point. As either alignment I’d expect you to call people out, it’s
what
and
who
you’re calling out that looks shady to me. Like Invis was a pretty easy target there and your call out is ~justified. But it also doesn’t make Invis scum.
In post 266, Gustavo wrote:
In post 262, Lefty wrote:Also, asking BBT for reasons when you couldn’t be arsed to discuss any read with me yesterday is funny.
You asked for my town reads. Asking for reasons for a scum read is completely different
That’s not really what happened, was it?
I’ll paraphrase:

Gus: “I’ve got a nice list of town leans, let’s just lynch Teacher and see”
Lefty: “mind sharing that list?”
Gus: “nah. Why are you worried about my town reads and not scum reads?”
Lefty: “we can talk scum reads too if you want. I’m just looking for any sorta read”

You never got back to me on that.
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 am

Post by Lefty »

You’re also still arguing from the logic standpoint, which I think is not very difficult to do as scum. You’re countering my points by pointing at actions that are supposed to be Townie. I’m much more concerned about lynching who I think is scum than seeing who is acting the most Town.

I think TChill made a great point yesterday in response to your shading of Invis about them making BV look bad. TChill said scum don’t have to make Town look bad, they just need to look Town. I feel your efforts have been more to look Town than actually solve anyone.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 268, Lefty wrote:There’s nothing wrong with it. That’s kind of the point. As either alignment I’d expect you to call people out, it’s what and who you’re calling out that looks shady to me. Like Invis was a pretty easy target there and your call out is ~justified. But it also doesn’t make Invis scum.
this makes no sense. help me understand.

I was justified for calling him out but because i called him scum that makes me suspicious?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 268, Lefty wrote:You never got back to me on that.
Well if we are being technical here, you never asked me for my scum reads.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 269, Lefty wrote:You’re also still arguing from the logic standpoint, which I think is not very difficult to do as scum. You’re countering my points by pointing at actions that are supposed to be Townie. I’m much more concerned about lynching who I think is scum than seeing who is acting the most Town.
i'm a logical person, what can I say. If you are interested in lynching scum you have to A. find them and B. convince others to do that.

You haven't done either of those things yet. I get you think i am scum, but your reasons for scum reading me aren't very good. You just don't like my playstyle which is fine, I am not really interested in arguing with you about your reasons, but i will push you to do part 2 of the job of a townie. You already said you are fine sitting back which is lazy or it's scum trying to avoid actual scum hunting.
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Gosrir Elmer Odels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Gosrir Elmer Odels »

In post 210, Lefty wrote:
In post 77, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote:
BBT's signature wrote:Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
I agree with this. But then why this:
In post 45, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Unfortunately, secret alts are all over the place. I'd sooner policy lynch em all!
In post 110, Gosrir Elmer Odels wrote:VOTE: BV

is a commentary. Provides no information, communicates nothing, asks nothing, leads to nothing. So why make such a long post?
GEO, can you expand on these two reads and what you think they mean?
The first one was pretty much fluff. I felt pressured to post, panicked, but didn't have anything more interesting to talk about.

The BV vote otoh was completely serious. His post was literally nothing, but it wasn't even
nothing
. (1) It was a long-winded commentary on BBT's posts, mostly theory, so it's useless, (2) & most importantly even though he was scumreading BBT at the time (3) his big post didn't actually make a push on him. He essentially put himself in a situation where he was simultaneously both pushing & not pushing a BBT wagon, which made me uneasy because it masks the dynamic of the wagon.
I expected scum to rectify the dissonance between the post & the push, & either break-off from the wagon & find another (possibly omgus), or make a more pronounced push on BBT. Neither happened, BV's pretty much town as far as I'm concerned.

VOTE: teacher
There's a lot of talk about players being jumpy & opportunistic, so check out [p]213[/p].
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:09 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 269, Lefty wrote:I feel your efforts have been more to look Town than actually solve anyone.
well i am sorry you see it that way. I think I am doing a fine job solving people. I have multiple town reads and a few leads on potential scum. I don't really have much to go on since it's day 1 and I hate day 1s so the faster we lynch somebody the quicker we can get into the good part of the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”