NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:48 am

Post by Chickadee »

Yep that seems to be the case. What are your thoughts on that?
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Specifically @Taly, but this is for all.

Okay, just finished Andrius, so gonna post it now, then get to MoI. Here goes:
Summarization is at the bottom.

Andy:
First there’s the whole association with dram, which I’ve raised enough of a fuss about that I shouldn’t need to repeat it.
Then there’s post 570. There’s a couple things wrong with this post: For one, that stream of consciousness thing is actually a bunch of one liners that don’t really add anything. The other part of this post is that Andy does on. A surface level have a lot of reads, but they’re either really moldable, which feels very scum oriented, or the reads are one sentence blurbs that aren’t really reads at all (dram and MoI are probably the worst of these). It’s a very weak entrance to the game for that long of a post.
763 is also a funky post. His response to Sky over his stream thing feels LAMIST. Also, the mention of dramonic in this post specifically is bad, and the whole “compromise on HitAlt” thing feels forced.
Another thing is that Andrius only has a handful of posts from D1, many of which do not really contribute to the game state.
Then there’s 805. A post that on the surface is a “wall post,” but when you break it down it’s just a bunch of one-liners that aren’t really useful to town at all. 1032 is another post like this and also has some other problems with it, such as the response to my press on the lack of interaction with dram and Andrius’ interactions around and with MoI. It feels very tonally off.
1184: Andrius starts the post complaining about the dramonic wagon. He says that it’s too late in the day to be forming a wagon and that we should be focusing on the already solid wagons. I don’t like this, because first off, timing wise this statement is very inaccurate. Second, what this reads as is “Let’s lynch HitAlt instead of worrying about dramonic.” This, in light of our flip, is a low-key buddy defense imo. Another thing I’m noticing at this point is that Andrius has done very little to follow up on his entrance reads, which were already weaker to begin with. Also, at this point, Andy’s interaction with MoI is way off. They’re talking, but there doesn’t seem to be any real motivation or hunting behind the words.
The rest of D1 feels unnecessary from Andy. The only other thing from D1 is the post on claiming, 1240. This feels like a double move on Andrius’ part: Defending dram while simultaneously pushing for a Hit lynch. Don’t like it.
On to D2!
The first thing with Andrius is post 1353. This is basically telling Hit that he should reveal everything. Which at that point doesn’t seem very Town-oriented given the gamestate.
Also, I don’t like all the speculation on whether we have an SK or a vig. At this point, it matters about zilch, because an SK needs all the scum dead anyways before he can shoot up town. (Otherwise scum will just shoot the SK to game end.) So right now an SK is mechanically a vig anyways.
1378 is a really bad post. First it reinforces the naked town read problem with dramonic. Second, the fact that he didn’t even have a reason to keep dram alive, given the narrative, is really telling.
1426 reads like backtracking on his baseline townread.
Also, the D2 ISO is packed with a lot of technical setup speculation and has no real hunting content. Also, the banter with MoI continues throughout this phase, but nothing comes from it. It’s like they’re talking without any real thought behind it. It’s really off-putting.

So, to summarize:
Andrius has done a lot of posting without any real contribution.
There is a lot of sus interaction between both him and dram and him and the dram wagon.
His posts D2 has been far too focused on claims rather than gamemoving hunting or discussion.
Finally, Andrius’ interaction with MoI feels fabricated and holds no real reads or content.

Will get to MoI next.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I think that the lynch pool today lies in Profii, Elbirn, Andrius, and MoI.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2197, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2196, brassherald wrote:We should lynch profii.
Eh..

VOTE: Profii

I guess now people will have to either come up with a case for why not to, or will seesaw defend by renewing the wagon on my slot... either way the game should have some new content.
How much of the game have you read prior to this vote?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 am

Post by Taly »

In retrospect, my scumread on
Sky
is fading a little... I can look at some of her posting from a newer town perspective, but I'm solid on her at the moment.

I want
profii
to actually post and not avoid the wagon on him.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2204, Taly wrote:but I'm
not
solid on her at the moment
~

I looked at
Inferno's
case and skimmed through
Andrius'
ISO, I can see some of his points, I don't know about the
MOI
association much, it seems like a one-sided interaction.

I don't get
Andrius'
reads in this game, that's my biggest thing with him. He didn't even have a functional read on
Dram
based off the game it sounded, and I don't know where his thoughts are for scum now. He's put up a lot of spec and stated little scumreads, as if he's waiting for something. I still get townvibes from him and think he's town off claims, but it's hard to gauge his reads a little.

I'm also slightly less confident in my read on
Inferno
, I still get a tone-vibe of town, and I honestly fail to see a solid scum motive behind his posts, but I haven't seen a lot of major content so far D2 aside from the
Andrius
case he posted above.

But then again, I can say the same for several players. :roll:

I'm also side-eyeing anybody who continues to say
"TW is SK"
and
"Chick should eat rope soon"
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Taly »

FUCK, is
Profii
L-1?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2082, Pine wrote:[L-4] Profii - Raskolnikov, the worst, Inferno390, Skygazer
Chick, Brass, and Almost
have voted
Profii
since this.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Taly »

please announce L1 when it happens
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:03 am

Post by brassherald »

Do you want us to always say where we are in relation to the lynch? I mean, I voted profii like 3 days ago or something, don't put it on me to call out that he's L-1. This is solely a you and Almost50 issue in my view.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Inferno390 »

UNVOTE:

Inferno390 GTKAS

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:08 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 2210, Inferno390 wrote:UNVOTE:
Why?

Also,
@pine I'm good to be off VLA, problems all worked out and we are stronger than ever, thanks for the support from everyone.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2200, Chickadee wrote:Yep that seems to be the case. What are your thoughts on that?
Not convinced Pine would include 3 similar roles in this setup, but I'm not exactly an expert in his modding meta either, so I'll just say I'm skeptical.

Maybe they should (or at least the two FVs of them) target me tonight? That sure makes me a prime NK target as well, but I think that would relief many of you (those who were willing to lynch my predecessor)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2203, Taly wrote:
Eh..

I guess now people will have to either come up with a case for why not to, or will seesaw defend by renewing the wagon on my slot... either way the game should have some new content.
How much of the game have you read prior to this vote?
Nothing. I only read posts from the point I replaced in forward (aside from the flips that is)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2208, Taly wrote:
please announce L1 when it happens
I'm not keeping an eye on the VC either. I'm just filling in so the game gets going, and unless someone does point out something specific I'm just gonna chill and relax.

I could switch my vote to Andrius if you say the case on him is good enough. I'll also need TW's input on this one.

HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Taly. I am scumreading Sky because of a) day 1, b) I feel her posts are a lot of asking but few actual reads.

TW why so hesitant about claiming modifier/no modifier at all if it can help sort you? I feel it can.

Andy again - might have missed the answer - how are you clearing Chick?

Fwiw if there's scum in andy/chick I'm saying Chick 90% of the time. Don't think both are or Andy wouldn't be clearing chick.

Also unsure of xyzzy.

pedit: doubt Scumferno would be bussing scumandy or scum!moi
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Taly »

In post 2209, brassherald wrote:Do you want us to always say where we are in relation to the lynch? I mean, I voted profii like 3 days ago or something, don't put it on me to call out that he's L-1. This is solely a you and Almost50 issue in my view.
:igmeou: Was I being too specific?

ANYONE could call L-1 out, what's the point of this post if you're just going to state
"don't look at me, talk to
Almost
"
?

Obviously, I know your vote wasn't to L-1, and my post wasn't directed at one person.

L-1 is a defining factor of the gamestate, so it SHOULD be stated, and considering that I was the only person to point this out so far makes me think other people didn't know about it.
In post 2213, Almost50 wrote: Nothing. I only read posts from the point I replaced in forward (aside from the flips that is)
Then why the
profii
vote exactly? And do you have any reads at the moment?
In post 2215, HeWhoSwims wrote:Taly. I am scumreading Sky because of a) day 1, b) I feel her posts are a lot of asking but few actual reads.

TW why so hesitant about claiming modifier/no modifier at all if it can help sort you? I feel it can.

Andy again - might have missed the answer - how are you clearing Chick?

Fwiw if there's scum in andy/chick I'm saying Chick 90% of the time. Don't think both are or Andy wouldn't be clearing chick.

Also unsure of xyzzy.

pedit: doubt Scumferno would be bussing scumandy or scum!moi
Can you elabroate on
Sky
-D1?
Inferno390 wrote:UNVOTE:
Why the unvote here?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm just saying, I am not going back and counting votes. Don't you know this by now? I don't want to be involved in this "counting" business.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@Taly+Brass
If we’re at L-1, I want to remove my vote from the Profii wagon so some fool doesn’t come and lolhammer. Far too early for that.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

Eh..

@Taly: That's the why. In this game I'm treating brass as I would normally treat N_M, i.e. assume he has a good read on someone he's tunneling.

As for my own reads, I so think both brass and tw are town, and I think one of the FVs/visitor should flip red. Not much more outside that.

HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:23 am

Post by HitAlt »

I think my motivation to catch up to this game is all but gone..
I feel like with the "power vested in me" I should be providing a whole lot more, but with my current IRL-situation, I don't think I'll be able to do so.
And it's under a week until I'll be going abroad for several days as well, so I guess I ought to just be replaced.
If I can't keep up with a game that is moving this slowly, I don't think I deserve to be a part of it..

@Pine - please replace me out, and send me an invitation to a spectator-thread if you have one.

Sorry to everyone, especially Pine (for the trouble), but this is my first replace-out ever and I wouldn't ask for it unless I really felt like it was necessary for the health of the game.

Thanks, and have a good game guys!
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@A50
First off, tell me more about sheeping N_M.
Second, please elaborate on your reads on Brass and TW.
Third, who out of Ausuka, MoI, and I do you think is going to flip red and why?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@Hit
Gonna miss ya.
Also, who the heck are you?

Inferno390 GTKAS

HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 am

Post by HitAlt »

Spoiler: I'll never tell..
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Taly »

Absolutely50
, here's the recap on claims:

Chick
is vengeful.
TW
is an SK or Vig, who claimed to have shot
Dram
, this is true because of no CC at all.
Hit
has an investigative role that confirmed
TW
shot someone last night.
MOI
is a fruit vendor that gave their fruit to
Andrius
Ausuka
is a fruit vendor that gave their fruit to
Rask
Brass
is a BP, and it is possible that he was shot by Mafia last night.
Inferno
is a Visitor.
Andrius
has claimed an investigative role too, I think.

Dram
being a Mafia RB, alongside the reality of an SK, WITH a Vengeful in this game, means that both Town and Scum have some next-level PRs. So this game is as entertaining and as fucked up as most Normals are allowed.

We are not setup specc'ing anymore right now. I, and others believe that our lynchpool/scumpool is too fragile and large to lynch
Chickadee
, some say is potential scum, a shot on another scum.

TW
, whether he's Vig or SK, is not a lynch priority right now, and there are both arguments to say he's 3p or Town, but it's mechanically impossible he's groupscum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”