Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Garmr »

VC 2.5Unreal (5)Bujaber, Hikari,Akarin,popopo,garmr l-2
Akarin (4) Unreal, Krazy,Dr do little,Music-2
Garmr (2) Locke113,Gustavo(Getting replaced)

Not Voting (1) Gamma Emerald(getting replaced)

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2018-08-24 21:00:00)

Notes: Opening post is updated

Just going to point out that yesterdays lynch on james
In post 1081, Dunnstral wrote:
VC 1.Final
James Brafin
(7) Garmr, BuJaber, popopopopopopo, Akarin, Music, Hiraki, Krazy
Garmr (3)
James Brafin,
UnrealSeal, Gustavo
DrDolittle (2) Locke113, Gamma Emerald
BuJaber (1) DrDolittle

With 13 players, it takes 7 to lynch

A lynch has been achieved
Is pretty much the same people. Except Music and Krazy are on the other retrospective wagon. Then again Krazy was on my wagon yesterday and only jumped after James's Lynch me type of claim.
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:18 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 1451, Music wrote:But from what I've seen lol, Arakin is a very solid lynch

VOTE: Arakin
NO music vote seal
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Hiraki »

Arakin votes are dumb because as much as you guys don't believe my reasoning, at least I have it.

Additionally, why is it that seal only graces the thread when I call him out. Coincidence?
UnrealSeal
UnrealSeal
Goon
UnrealSeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:19 am

Post by UnrealSeal »

???

You didn't "call me out" until I started pushing Akarin though? And do you not expect people to respond to pushes against them?

Speaking of responses, you haven't responded to my 1426 and 1433 which were responses to points you made.

Also
Hiraki wrote:Arakin votes are dumb because as much as you guys don't believe my reasoning, at least I have it.
???

I have reasoning for pushing Akarin though? I've made multiple posts about it and argued back and forth with Akarin herself on it though? And both Krazy and Dr.D have both given stated reasons for voting Akarin as well?

None of the above posts makes any fucking sense. It's shade without any backing behind it.

@Garmr post 1452, that argument though, mostly relies on us knowing your alignment, which we don't and I myself still don't have any clue as to it.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:20 am

Post by Akarin »

[quote="In post 1451, Music"]But from what I've seen lol, Arakin is
a very solid lynch

So why exactly am I the strongest read you’ve expressed all game?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1433, UnrealSeal wrote:Hikari being dead would provide an excellent platform for scum to kickstart a mislynch on me.
And you think that's more important to the scumteam than shooting Gus with his claimed investigative power?

Of all the players that scum could try to frame with an NK, why do you think they'd try to frame you?
UnrealSeal
UnrealSeal
Goon
UnrealSeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:57 am

Post by UnrealSeal »

wall incoming

Because I'm simply a weaker town player. I lurk a lot and only really start talking when a hot topic comes up or someone says something I think is really scummy, that's a really easy case for scum to push, generally really safe to make, and at the very least is very divisive and turns attention away from scum. As to why other people didn't get framed, that goes deeply into WIFOM territory.

As to why Gus wasn't shot at, I don't know. I don't know the night actions, it's possible two protectives exist and Gus was actually the shot that night but was saved (doubtful), maybe scum was worried about JOAT having additional powers he didn't claim, I can't say, and trying to speculate on why scum didn't shoot Gus is a really WIFOMy endeavor that I don't think will lead to much.

This is the point about the wagon on me that I've been trying to make though; it requires a through understanding of what happened during the night, something we as town simply don't have.

Meanwhile, you have made a post that in most regards points to you playing against Town's wincon and keeping your options open to lynch whoever. Your play after it definitely is not impressive either with 1431 and 1432 essentially boiling down to "hey here's some quotes, make a case against this guy for me lol."

I ask to town which case is more compelling, the one that leans on dayplay which we can look at and say for sure "They did that, and we can probably extrapolate why they did that" or the case that relies on nightplay were we have very little idea of what happened except that no one die and Hiraki was targeted for a kill (and not even that, as we still don't know what other roles are in the game or even if Gus's claim is true, even if I am inclined to believe Gus on this one)
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:44 am

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 1458, UnrealSeal wrote:wall incoming

Because I'm simply a weaker town player. I lurk a lot and only really start talking when a hot topic comes up or someone says something I think is really scummy, that's a really easy case for scum to push, generally really safe to make, and at the very least is very divisive and turns attention away from scum.
“dont worry guys its my meta to always looks scummy”

This is the point about the wagon on me that I've been trying to make though; it requires a through understanding of what happened during the night, something we as town simply don't have.
nope i find your reaction to gus’s claim and your pushing on akarin to be far scummier than any night action bs.
I ask to town which case is more compelling, the one that leans on dayplay which we can look at and say for sure "They did that, and we can probably extrapolate why they did that" or the case that relies on nightplay were we have very little idea of what happened except that no one die and Hiraki was targeted for a kill (and not even that, as we still don't know what other roles are in the game or even if Gus's claim is true, even if I am inclined to believe Gus on this one)
wifom bullshit

lets lynch this sucka
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VC 2.3UnrealSeal (5) Bujaber, Akarin, Hiraki, popopopopopopo, Garmr
Akarin (4) Krazy, UnrealSeal, DrDolittle, Music
Garmr (2) Locke113, Gustavo

Not Voting (1) Gamma Emerald

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2018-08-24 21:00:00)
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

I think unreal's last couple of posts are pretty town, and hiraki 1454 is a misrepresentation.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Note for later: gamma conveniently absent at a time when town is divided.
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

he replaced out
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Gamma too? Lol what's gotten into people.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:54 pm

Post by Krazy »

I mean tell the truth, haven't you thought of /outing from this game? I did not enjoy a lot of day 1 lol.

Today has been better... a bit.

Gamma pretty obviously replaced out because he was sick of reading Gus, Gamma's /out was before Gus's /out and seemed like it was directly in response to one of Gus's ragecaps posts.

Speaking of, I was thinking through if Gus just straight up no killed as scum, but I don't see why he'd keep the neighborizor part of his claim if it was fake. Like did he plan to fake a guilty tomorrow? With one scum down I don't know that he'd force himself into a situation where he gets autolynched even if he gets two free lynches. I've slowly resolved myself to the likelihood Gus is real and just... really was hoping to get nightkilled and in doing so take down Hiraki? His night action makes sense if he basically was planning to get nightkilled, I guess. He didn't need to worry about confirming himself because he wasn't going to be alive.

So it seems most likely that Hiraki was saved... and Hiraki being alive made Gus tiltreplaceout lol

OK so I'm with you that far now. But does that really point to Seal?

Akarin believed Gus's 'revised' claim really fast considering how little sense it made to me initially. If Akarin 'got' Gus's suicidal desires and hope to murder Hiraki, why would she want to lynch Gus? Whereas if she knew Gus was real, it makes sense she would work out the night actions quickly, right? Which implies to me that she knew Hiraki was the night kill target, because you have to make that inductive leap pretty quickly if you're going to believe Gus is real.

Seal wasn't saying he believed Gus, he was saying Akarin's argument was incoherent at that point in time, and I think he's right.
vote conspiracy
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I'm really just trying to focus on James and scumhunt through his interaction because multiple people seem scummy to me this game and I want to leave any bias out of it.

That said I can understand your point. And well akarin replaced french someone who was null at best in people's reads.

If akarin is scum why defend locke? You really think she'd do that and split up town and delay a hammer just for towncred? Or is it as simple as locke/akarin are a team.

Like I honestly wasn't very happy lynching locke but the association PoE pointed to him heavily and I think he would have easily gotten lynched had it not been for akarin.

IF akarin is scum her flip would be very informative given her day 2 posting, but if town we lose a player who has shown willingness to actually post and participate and who gives us pretty much no info except that the player count is down and thus the scum pool is smaller.

I feel like we need to be clearer about where we are at and how we will progress. Akarin's position on James' wagon is one of the scummiest positions and I find myself agreeing with your case (it sasn't something that crossed my mind at all) but I'm worried that losing town!akarin is too big a loss for us atm. Do you have a game plan for that possibility? Even if you think the chance is low I'd like to delve deeper into how you're reading the game state. If I am convinced that the advantages of lynching akarin outweigh the risk of losing town!akarin I'll vote for her.

The other thing that gave me pause about akarin is she replaced in and one of the first people she shaded/suspected was me. If scum why would she not try to shade someone else like gus or garmr if scum, knowing that james will flip scum and those two would look townier? Heck gustavo has a provable PR and has poured his heart and soul into the game (albeit with his not so flowery personality) and people are STILL hesitant to townread him. It baffles me to think that scum wouldn't take advantage of that and try to get gus lynched instead of wasting their NK on him. (Gus not getting killed would fit with this narrative, gus unintentionally and unknowingly has become scum's greatest weapon in dividing town and they don't want to NK him they want him lynched).
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:18 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Also DrD is voting for akarin and I'd trust a lawyer before I trust that slot.
Locke113
Locke113
Goon
Locke113
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Locke113 »

In post 1454, Hiraki wrote: Additionally, why is it that seal only graces the thread when I call him out. Coincidence?
Except this isn't true though
In post 1465, Krazy wrote:I mean tell the truth, haven't you thought of /outing from this game? I did not enjoy a lot of day 1 lol.

Today has been better... a bit.

Gamma pretty obviously replaced out because he was sick of reading Gus, Gamma's /out was before Gus's /out and seemed like it was directly in response to one of Gus's ragecaps posts.

Speaking of, I was thinking through if Gus just straight up no killed as scum, but I don't see why he'd keep the neighborizor part of his claim if it was fake. Like did he plan to fake a guilty tomorrow? With one scum down I don't know that he'd force himself into a situation where he gets autolynched even if he gets two free lynches. I've slowly resolved myself to the likelihood Gus is real and just... really was hoping to get nightkilled and in doing so take down Hiraki? His night action makes sense if he basically was planning to get nightkilled, I guess. He didn't need to worry about confirming himself because he wasn't going to be alive.

So it seems most likely that Hiraki was saved... and Hiraki being alive made Gus tiltreplaceout lol

OK so I'm with you that far now. But does that really point to Seal?
Gotta agree here, I don't understand how anyone in this game hasn't considered replacing out, god knows I still am, but there's been so many replacements already I don't want to pile on another one. Honestly I feel really bad for Dunnstral having to mod this shitshow

I don't think it is most likely that Hiraki was saved though, its hard to believe that Hiraki was saved because as Akarin pointed out, why would scum prioritise someone else over Gus who had a possible investigative action? Then again all this talking about the night action is just WIFOM anyway as we have no way of knowing for sure what the fuck happened
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:43 am

Post by BuJaber »

The nightkill is obvious if you just think about it for a second. Let's not speculate further in the thread.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Hiraki »

DrDolittle is literally flopping on Unreal once the wagon actually started to form LOL
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 am

Post by Hiraki »

In post 727, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: Unreal

So I took a read a bit earlier than anticipated. This game's gross reading though some of the shit here has been pretty rough. PS this whole chainsaw crap is stupid. Anyways here's my reads.

Unreal's posts is bad. Couple of stupid posts about mafia theory and stuff that is completely irrelevant to the game. Accusations seem forced e.g. 136, but doesn't commit despite "for sure scum" - seems disingenuous. Disappeared for some reason after a little pressure... (yes could be work, but could also pop by and say hi)

I like Hiraki's posts.

I like BuJaber's
are all good posts. ofc wrong on rob, but I can see reason behind the reads.

I think gustavo is town, but that's moot today cause the PR claim?

I'm trying to figure out whether Locke is coming in with the minimal effort once a day to sell "hey I'm reading, conservatively, but sorta active, please don't vote me", but I think rn feels more like a townie trying help.

I'm null on Garmr. I don't think there's need for a wagon on him today cause we can probably glean more from interaction effects. I don't think his hinting replacement means anything. Although Unreal's earlier tunnel

FA needs to post more, but the first couple seemed kinda low effort and a little shoddy.

Popo reads town to me.

I liked duck's early game aggression, kinda mitigated as time went on, but still a lean town read.

Gamma feels off.
A lot of chainsaw theory that's sorely not needed.
viewtopic.php?p=10342689#p10342689
is a gross attack.
And then... not a lot of content.
viewtopic.php?p=10359196#p10359196
Is also a bit defensive. But overall a weak read.

Null on Krazy.

Music's two posts makes me want to cry.
In post 919, DrDolittle wrote:I'm still in disagreement about actually following through with this, but I'll bite and see what content it generates:
UnrealSeal, Gamma, ... Garmr? (i don't read as strongly into the last one as the first two).
In post 1136, DrDolittle wrote:Unreal - James said Unreal is conftown with few reason, rarely interacts (possibly due to unreal's low post count)
In post 1442, DrDolittle wrote:i dont buy the votes on seal - especially since there were no action on it yesterday + his recent posts make sense.
How does this make even any remote sense?

There's new information from yesterday and you were one of the people trying to drive action on that wagon. His recent posts are all bad, what are you talking about
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Hiraki »

Furthermore, how does others' ACTIONS, as you stated - not the subject of their opinions - make any sense in that context? If you said "Well, these guys just voted out of the blue with no REASON" then you'd be saying something but that didn't happen and you didn't say that.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1466, BuJaber wrote:Akarin's position on James' wagon is one of the scummiest positions
How is bringing the wagon-on-scum up to tied with the counterwagon the scummiest position on the wagon? Unless you strongly believe I’m partners with Garmr?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Hiraki »

Also that, the cases on Akarin have been garbage at best

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”