Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Rei »

In post 232, Tchill13 wrote:im lock towning Rei.

right after she votes mumble.
Can you explain why you're lock towning me? I understand townreads but it just seems early to lock anyone at all
And why mumble again? For being inactive?
In post 252, Nauci wrote:I refuse to lunch Twain today because that Lalendra meme was too good ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
townie, i feel like scum would be nervous to post a fluffy reason to not vote someone
In post 274, Nauci wrote:
In post 273, Mumble wrote:
In post 269, Nauci wrote:>I'm pretty sure has the capacity to step it way up

would imply that she hasn't

her only post is when I directly asked her a question, and it was a fence sitting post, so thus far she has basically contributed zero opinions
Clarify step up then?

Her only post (all 13 only posts) is not solely because of you. I don't see the fence sitting either, so point that out to me plskthx.
You're right; I'd managed to forget some of the content she contributed and mostly remembered the fluffier posts (omg alpacas are so fwuffy wuffy I want to hug one)

Still; it's died down quite a bit so she's in the same bucket as Kop for me rn: drive by posts here and there. The post about people townreading her super early was kinda null opinion though
I thought about this for a bit, and honestly the best action for now is just to stealthily watch
taking action too early can be bad too, sometimes we just need to be patient
I do feel surprised due to previous experience of "sounding wolfy" as town, but at the same time I know I am town so I'm wondering if I'm being overly paranoid
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Rei »

I'm a bit surprised no one has asked me why I'm voting dr.dolittle when I gave 0 reason
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Rei »

Still townreading tchill tbh
locking someone as town this early is a gutsy move and it does zero for him as scum
If he was scum he's basically just giving himself less options for townies to frame

Nauci is a slight townread now from tone but I don't think it's strong enough yet

mumble, honestly is just null
they can be scum but they can also be town, i dont necessarily find any posts that pinge me much
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 277, Rei wrote:Still townreading tchill tbh
locking someone as town this early is a gutsy move and it does zero for him as scum
If he was scum he's basically just giving himself less options for townies to frame
In post 277, Rei wrote:mumble, honestly is just null
This is interesting.

Does the locktown read have to be on you?

Why don't you scumread me for town reading you? What keeps me null?
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Rei »

In post 278, Mumble wrote:
In post 277, Rei wrote:Still townreading tchill tbh
In post 277, Rei wrote:mumble, honestly is just null
This is interesting.

Does the locktown read have to be on you?

Why don't you scumread me for town reading you? What keeps me null?
No it doesnt have to be on me
locking anyone at this phase is risky for a wolf, unless they're partners but that also brings attention to one if the other flips scum
Why do you think I should scumread you for townreading me?
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 279, Rei wrote:No it doesnt have to be on me
locking anyone at this phase is risky for a wolf, unless they're partners but that also brings attention to one if the other flips scum
Are you aware on my stance on Tchill? Because your comment makes it looks like you ignored it.
In post 279, Rei wrote:Why do you think I should scumread you for townreading me?
Misread your original statement on those townreading you.
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Rei »

In post 280, Mumble wrote:
In post 279, Rei wrote:No it doesnt have to be on me
Are you aware on my stance on Tchill? Because your comment makes it looks like you ignored it.
In post 279, Rei wrote:Why do you think I should scumread you for townreading me?
Misread your original statement on those townreading you.
You townread him as far as I know, what makes you think I ignored it?
Should I townread or scumread you for it in your opinion
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Rei »

townreading isn't the same as locking someone if thats what you meant
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 267, Mumble wrote:It's a annoying and I want to scream f-bombs at him, but it pretty much lock towns him for me.
Comprehension is fun.
Mumble
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mumble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Mumble »

In post 281, Rei wrote:Should I townread or scumread you for it in your opinion
You should probably do what you would normally do.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

I lock Towned you because you said you'd scum read anyone who TR'd you without any reason.

And I did so without reason... Then you town read me for that... Little odd.

Maybe I'm doing too much reaction testing.
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Rei »

In post 284, Mumble wrote:
In post 281, Rei wrote:Should I townread or scumread you for it in your opinion
You should probably do what you would normally do.
I missed that post
yeah it kinda makes you townier now
In post 285, Tchill13 wrote:I lock Towned you because you said you'd scum read anyone who TR'd you without any reason.

And I did so without reason... Then you town read me for that... Little odd.

Maybe I'm doing too much reaction testing.
There's a difference between someone who's townreading me to jump on the wagon and someone who does something risky like locking town on d1 off of just reads
if it was a townread on me for now
The way I see scum townreading me if maybe giving a reason like gut read or a post they liked or whatever to seem townie, but later just leaving me there as a townread for no strong reason
Rei
Rei
Goon
Rei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Rei »

that sentence is incomplete "if it was a townread on me for now i wouldn't townread you for it, but its locking which i think is townie whether its on me or whoever"
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 276, Rei wrote:I'm a bit surprised no one has asked me why I'm voting dr.dolittle when I gave 0 reason
I'll bite

Why? And what do you think of his posts since your vote?
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 84, Irrelephant11 wrote:But that is a little misreppy, nauci - Notice that *my* vote is for pressure and reactions. *Her* vote is apparently because I'm scummy for not providing reasons. If that scumread expires (not super sure why it's there in the first place), I would think it would make more sense to move on, either to another scumread or to create pressure and generate discussion. Instead, she sits on me. Do her actions make sense to you?
?? cool i guess calling someone out for misrepping you is now a town read ??
real good to know thx.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 260, Nauci wrote:
This
feels like a grasping for straws case when the wagon on me lost momentum...
Why don't you elaborate your thought mechanism behind this: Assume you are town. I am scum for because instead of trying to push your wagon forward I'm actively scumhunting?

Nauci + Irrelephant scum you heard it here first guys.

Would also explain that terribly awkward early interaction.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:12 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 160, DrDolittle wrote: Votes on Nauci or NSG? If so why is your vote not on there yet?
Surface level scum hunting from DDL. Not a fan of his play to this point.
In post 163, Nauci wrote: I actually reread the thread a couple of times Friday and Saturday to try and figure out where I wanted to pressure, but couldn't settle any where in particular among the people I don't town read, and think that Irrelephant isn't any worse or better than those wagons. I think the DDL wagon is more effective w/o the person he's voting on it, and I don't think Irrelephant has been towny yet and that he does respond to pressure.

I'd say my reads at the moment are

Slight Town Lean:

ejjnami
tchill
twain

Conflicted Null:

BBT
Mumble
DDL

Unknown null:

Irrelephant
Rei
Alchemist

Slight Scum Lean:

NSG
Lalendra
Kop

But with half of the game not having post much and a bias against lurkers, it's hard to say.

My experience with NSG is that she's more talkative later in the game but casually chatty in the beginning, but I thought she'd been kinda busy in general lately (though, that *is* weird to then /in games). I thought I'd wait until tomorrow since people are inactive on the weekends.
This looks like a scum post, trying to look like they're engaging with the game. So many words and yet so little said. Like, two separate null categories is just bad, but it's there to fluff the 'reads-list' out a little. Not to mention the reads are very safe.
In post 179, northsidegal wrote: first of all, i kind of think that nauci is town here.
Alright. I'm listening.
In post 185, Kop wrote:I'm not lynching Someone who's known as lynchbait and has only made one post because that's too easy, anyone pushing that is coming off as false scum hunting imo.
I mean, it could also be argued that scum reading TChill for pushing lurkers is an equally 'easy' read to give/push.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:06 am

In post 202, Nauci wrote: Wat

That's not what that post said
It definitely was - you had them as your 3 'slight scum reads'.
In post 204, Tchill13 wrote:you know what happens to lynchbait? they make it to lylo. Scum and town chit chat for a bit. "i guess so and so wasn't lynchbait, theyre actually scum" Town gets lynched. Scum win.

Let me be very clear. If you can't clear "lynchbait" players as town for any reason other than meta then GTFO OF HERE AND STOP USING THE WORD "LYNCHBAIT".

that is all.
TChill my man, if more players took this approach people would be forced to play the game in an engaging manner.
In post 206, Tchill13 wrote: no. Scum want those types of players in lylo.

Scum SHOULD do what they can to surround themselves with the easiest group to win in lylo. You can NK town leaders, lynch middle of the pack players... for me though. I want lurkers in lylo if im scum.

It's actually the opposite of perfect for scum to chase. Its the worst lynch for scum to chase.
Dropping knowledge bombs all over the place.
In post 228, Nauci wrote: VOTE: Mumble
Where was your explanation for voting me? And why have you joined the Mumble wagon?
In post 236, Irrelephant11 wrote: Townreading Nauci and nsg, and more than happy to sheep them onto someone I don't townread VOTE: Mumble
Talk about both of these town reads please?
In post 246, Jackal711 wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.5

Mumble (4) - Tchill13, northsidegal, Nauci, Irrelephant11
Nauci (4) - Kop, Alchemist21, Mumble, BlueBloodedToffee
That was a fairly quick CW to the Nauci wagon. Interesting.

Irrelephant, you're on the wrong leading wagon.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:17 am

In post 256, DrDolittle wrote:I liked TWAIN's 213 and 233. UNVOTE:

- Town reads on NSG (who's done nothing all game to get towncred)+ Nauci (a flip from an earlier scumread? for what? Nauci's post has been pretty consistent in nature, so any reads should also be consistent) and sounds like a casual excuse to go on a mumble's wagon wtf

VOTE: irrelephant
What did you like about Twain's posts?

Just to be clear, are you scum reading Irrelephant because you disagree with his town reads?
In post 290, DrDolittle wrote: Nauci + Irrelephant scum you heard it here first guys.
Then vote Nauci with me.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:22 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 289, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 84, Irrelephant11 wrote:But that is a little misreppy, nauci - Notice that *my* vote is for pressure and reactions. *Her* vote is apparently because I'm scummy for not providing reasons. If that scumread expires (not super sure why it's there in the first place), I would think it would make more sense to move on, either to another scumread or to create pressure and generate discussion. Instead, she sits on me. Do her actions make sense to you?
?? cool i guess calling someone out for misrepping you is now a town read ??
real good to know thx.
I mean I didn't think that her misrepresentation of me is towny per se, but I also know that she's paranoid of me as town, and has done all the things I could potentially scumread her for here - when we were both town. That obviously doesn't *clear* her, but it doesn't make me suspicious in the same way it would if she were playing the same paranoid misreppy way around another player. Basically, I think the misrep was a misunderstanding in this case. Nauci doesn't need to go after me as the mislynch as scum, especially when it's getting
her
much more negative attention.
In post 290, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 260, Nauci wrote:
This
feels like a grasping for straws case when the wagon on me lost momentum...
Why don't you elaborate your thought mechanism behind this: Assume you are town. I am scum for because instead of trying to push your wagon forward I'm actively scumhunting?

Nauci + Irrelephant scum you heard it here first guys.

Would also explain that terribly awkward early interaction.
lol @nauci I foresee this being the story of every early game we have together until forever :giggle: :facepalm:
DDL we all wish it was us two, us two more than anyone. But I'm town, sorry!
In post 292, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:That was a fairly quick CW to the Nauci wagon. Interesting.

Meh, maybe. Multiple large wagons is useful early D1, though. Why appeal to me on this? You think I'm the only townie on my wagon, or?
In post 292, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Talk about both of these [nsg and nauci] town reads please?
This looks exactly like town Nauci so far - paranoid of me, anti-lurkers at first, trying to provide all her thoughts and reads when she can... We don't have many games between us atm, but I've seen her as both alignments, and nothing reminds me more of scum!nauci than town!nauci. It's possible she's putting on a performance as scum just for me, but I suspect she would want to change up her game, call it new meta, and not get so much heat for the way she plays the early game (this isn't the first time).
NSG I was scumreading for not playing, then she came to play and said she'd been LA over the weekend, so that killed the scumread. I guess on re-read she's not as towny as I remembered, though. Somehow I thought she had more content than "what did you say? Oh, I get it. Well, vote: Mumble". I guess she's closer to null at this point? I also just wanted to vote Mumble there for refusing to explain his reads. He still hasn't :roll:
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 244, TWAIN wrote:>>241 (Irr)
>I guess isn't a copy or a misrep per se, but "Nauci wants us all to vote Irrelephant, Irrelephant wants us all to stop voting Nauci, therefore they are scumteam" doesn't make sense imo
She only lists it as a possibility, she doesn't look like she believes it. Unless I'm wrong. Am I wrong, Lalendra?
Correct, I was listing it as a possibility, not an ironclad interpretation. More of a "hmm, this will be interesting to look back on later with more info."
Show
"Lalendra is her usual mislynch self." - FlavorLeaf
"Lal was interesting. I wavered from okay that could be a confused townie to WTF." - StefanB
"nothing in lalendra's ISO suggests town
but then again nothing in lalendra's entire career suggests town" - Mathdino
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:56 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 252, Nauci wrote:I refuse to lunch Twain today because that Lalendra meme was too good ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Yeah honestly I wanted to be mad but I couldn't
Show
"Lal was interesting. I wavered from okay that could be a confused townie to WTF." - StefanB
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:02 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 290, DrDolittle wrote:Nauci + Irrelephant scum you heard it here first guys.
I mean I actually said it first but w.e
Show
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 292, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 246, Jackal711 wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.5

Mumble (4) - Tchill13, northsidegal, Nauci, Irrelephant11
Nauci (4) - Kop, Alchemist21, Mumble, BlueBloodedToffee
That was a fairly quick CW to the Nauci wagon. Interesting.

That's actually a really good point. And both nauci and irrelephant are on that counterwagon...but the crusade was led by tchill. I don't really have any reason to suspect tchill, though it would be hilarious if the scumteam was tch/nauci/irr.
VOTE: nauci
Show
~ V/LA on weekends ~
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I think Tchill is Town. I’d expect scum to play a bit more carefully than he has and not be hard-focused on a lurker.

Nauci wagon is still a great wagon.

It kinda feels like Irrelephant is trying to convince himself Nauci is Town more than he’s trying to convince everyone else. Like he wants to be in the game with her and doesn’t want her to be scum that gets knocked out early. Even though he’s defending her and pushing the CW it just doesn’t feel like scum motivation to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”