Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Performer »

In post 4273, Not_Mafia wrote:I think we should all get a site award for suffering the indignity of being exposed to the term "wagonomics"
In post 4274, Sashaddin wrote:The Wagonomy class begins at noon.

Thanks Nauci!
I never fail to be amused by the humor players bring to this site :)
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:47 am

Post by Performer »

In post 4295, Saudade wrote:I cant wait for Nauci's judging summary of the game
I look forward to it too lol
In post 4297, Doughboy wrote:
In post 4294, Saudade wrote:I won this game but mr rogers killed my will to live
Rogers was definitely something else.
I was very disappointed that after all his engagement in the game, he suddenly vanished. He could at least tell us why he had to go.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Doughboy »

Was he an alt account?
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:29 am

Post by Performer »

I don't know if he was an alt account. I wouldn't know.
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Nauci »

You kids settle down now lol

I'll try to post my comments and views minus the sass when I finally get home to my computer this afternoon
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Saudade »

I want the sass though
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 4305, Nauci wrote:minus the sass
Why would you do this?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:09 am

Post by profii »

We demand sass!
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Doughboy »

Sassonomics
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Sass massacre, sassacre!
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Post by Nauci »

You'll see all my messy bitch sass in the spectator thread lol
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:10 am

Post by Nauci »

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:36 am

Post by profii »

I legit didn’t know no lynch works on 3/6 rather than 4/6

I kinda got so bored of the game I thought the constant no kills = town win but then when Nauci said Draw I was like shit I’m actually have to work this out and I really couldn’t be bothered

If I am being brutally brutally honest I would have liked Akarin to at least question me before voting but on self reflection if I’m not towny enough to make people not bother I’m equally at fault

If gamma wants to shit on me in dead threads he can do that, I’m genuinely not bothered and can happily admit scum played better than I did here but also i won’t forget and I’d point out it says more about you than me
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Akarin »

Profii: What was I supposed to question you about? From where I'm sitting, Creature could have won on the previous day and chose not to. I thought about voting then but decided to go through the rest of both of your ISOs and look at a few key other events and found nothing for you that made me think OBVTOWN! and nothing on Creature that made me think OBVSUCM! so that's when I voted.

You weren't going to convince me of anything at that point, so I saw no point in waiting for you.

I think if you'd made a case on creature (or me) in a way that looks especially towny it would have made me hesitate there, but you had the time and didn't, seemed like you had pretty much checked out of caring. I saw no reason to drag it out.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Town lost the instant Rogers said "wagonomics", the blame rests entirely on his shoulders
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Akarin »

Also, it's crazy how neither of your slots reacted to the initial gunsmith claim at all until way
way
after the fact.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:46 am

Post by profii »

In post 4314, Akarin wrote:Profii: What was I supposed to question you about? From where I'm sitting, Creature could have won on the previous day and chose not to. I thought about voting then but decided to go through the rest of both of your ISOs and look at a few key other events and found nothing for you that made me think OBVTOWN! and nothing on Creature that made me think OBVSUCM! so that's when I voted.

You weren't going to convince me of anything at that point, so I saw no point in waiting for you.

I think if you'd made a case on creature (or me) in a way that looks especially towny it would have made me hesitate there, but you had the time and didn't, seemed like you had pretty much checked out of caring. I saw no reason to drag it out.
Yea that’s my point I didn’t make myself look Town so don’t really need to say any more

I put Nauci as MVP for this game :lol:
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Akarin »

Reading the mod thread I just want to give Day 1 Nauci a hug.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Nauci »

Oops one of my edits didn't successfully go through (am on very spotty 4g on mobile still)

The moderation wasn't that bad actually. I just was very melodramatic internally because it was my first time running a game and I didn't expect to or quite know how to handle certain situations. I was really worried that people wouldn't want to replace into the game any more since it had a billion pages.

Fortunately Akarin and NM and Alonzo and others stepped in. Thank you guys again!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Nauci »

I definitely don't envy you guys for repping into a game with a 100+ page day 1 that was as chaotic as this was.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Akarin »

I still haven't actually read every post in the game, although I've gone over some sections a bunch of times
Saudade
Saudade
Survivor
Saudade
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Saudade »

I think you did well Nauci
even though I hated all the messages you sent me, dont do this dont say that.. blahblah..
Passion or coincidence once prompted you to say
"Pride will tear us both apart"
Well, now pride's gone out the window
Cross the rooftops, run away
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Nauci »

When "this" and "that" are "personal insults" and "demands to others to replace out" or "intentional thread spamming," it was very necessary.

The biggest takeaway I have for many players in this game is to spend more time on personal reflection and how you can contribute to convince others' of your views. Expecting or demanding others to behave a certain way is not only unproductive, but counter productive.

As many brilliant players before me said: your 3 goals in mafia as town are to come across as town to other players, make accurate reads of who scum and town are, and cooperate with town to convince others of your reads. Each step is as crucial as the others. If you're seeing something that others don't, explain it. Don't get frustrated that they aren't seeing it (yet). Frustrations and abrasive posting in this game was very demotivational and caused the game to go from 100+ pages in day 1 to barely any effort from anyone. All you can truly control is yourself, so try to be cooperative and positive. (I try hard to be patient and positive and put in effort and have an 11-1 town record to show for it.)

Otherwise, I would say that my key technique for sorting people in mafia is this: think in their point of view. Instead of evaluating how a player differed from what you think they should have done, think about whether their actions make sense in the game state from a town or a scum or a power role point of view. Akarin, even if ultimately wrong, was right to think about that creature skipped the opportunity to win outright when he could have as scum, theoretically.

Not_Mafia being alive made very little sense in the game state: why would there be a town gunsmith in addition to a town cop? Why would mafia shoot at light ethos instead of an investigative role who could have easily found them out? Why would NM not announce a check on the day he was lynched?

Upon seeing Flavor Leaf flip vanilla town, immediately think: why, if creature is town, would he play along with a false Mason claim? If he's vanilla town, it makes no sense because he is blindly giving conftown status to someone whose alignment he does not know. It only makes sense for town to fake claim Mason if they have an investigative role with a green check on that person, and that person somehow can know their alignment in return (but even then, not really because the investigative would be just as at risk of being night killed, without being truthful about role or results, and would then also risk being lynched). I have no explanation for FL's actions besides that he likes to take crazy risks, but the game was recoverable from that moment if the game state was considered.

Those who remained in the game should strive to write up summaries of key moments for replacements, because it was incredibly difficult to understand what happened with the fake Mason claim or all of the PR claims otherwise, when that information was crucial to the solve.

Also, always suspect lurkers, and always suspect self voting. It's very WIFOM and seems too obvious to be true, but I've seen tons of scum have sentiments like "everyone is so town I don't know who to FOS" or even self vote because it's too difficult to spin up tales to incriminate others. It's become a common appeal to emotion to be frustrated enough or even just to sarcastically self vote as scum.

I don't really have feedback for scum players because NM is always going to NM and Creature played pretty well. With enough experience it'd have been obviously Scum!Creature meta but for the climate of this game it worked great.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by profii »

In my mind I was like vig cop + scum doc + gunsmith could just be setup for fake guilties all over the place

The fact we removed vig, cop and never had a scum doc is beside the point!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”