Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1624, tictac wrote:
In post 1608, Garmr wrote:People literally ignored me asking if purr was a town power role or not.
well yea, cause outing potential PRs is antitown. generally speaking..

Not if you are scum reading them and you want to sort them by having scum kill them.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:37 am

Post by tictac »

In post 1625, Garmr wrote:Not if you are scum reading them and you want to sort them by having scum kill them.
lol
yea, that's a thing one might do.
Completly Trustworthy
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Completly Trustworthy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Completly Trustworthy »

Tictac, how surprised were you when the quickhammer happened? Just so you know, Saudade nearly stopped it from happening. He said he thought it was a "cheap" tactic.
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 1613, Garmr wrote: No I wanted all the kitty avis in this game dead. Lesson learned people with Cat Avis must be lynched. The final solution to the kitten avi problem all hail the dog god and the superior canine race.
u missed the part where we murdered you all

next time i will not spare ur life

and next time io maybe could should join the WINNING team
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:06 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1628, Purrcocet wrote:
In post 1613, Garmr wrote: No I wanted all the kitty avis in this game dead. Lesson learned people with Cat Avis must be lynched. The final solution to the kitten avi problem all hail the dog god and the superior canine race.
u missed the part where we murdered you all

next time i will not spare ur life

and next time io maybe could should join the WINNING team
Doggys are town kitties are mafia.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:16 am

Post by tictac »

In post 1627, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Tictac, how surprised were you when the quickhammer happened? Just so you know, Saudade nearly stopped it from happening. He said he thought it was a "cheap" tactic.
Well, I was checking the site to see if was quickwagoned while I slept, but I thought it would have been townies doing it, and I din't think it was
propable
..soo. I'd say moderately surprised. quickhammering is a pretty classic strat. may be a bit boring, but I don't think it's cheap.
In post 1629, Garmr wrote: Doggys are town kitties are mafia.
Bunnies are 3rd party.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Performer »

probably the fastest lynch I've ever seen was in 7 pages in a mini normal....not a quick hammer iirc
the guy who hammered, ended up being killed on n1 too LOL
bizarre game that obviously didn't lead to a town win
with only 7 pages, it's impossible to get enough information
mayyybe a hammer in 10 pages at the very least.... I'm a big believer d1 shaping how the rest of the game plays out. inb4 Lapsa saying "annoying traditional Performer" :)

tictac join the large normal with io & garm. Also nos & everyone else who can.
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:40 am

Post by tictac »

In post 1631, Performer wrote:probably the fastest lynch I've ever seen was in 7 pages in a mini normal....not a quick hammer iirc
the guy who hammered, ended up being killed on n1 too LOL
bizarre game that obviously didn't lead to a town win
with only 7 pages, it's impossible to get enough information
mayyybe a hammer in 10 pages at the very least.... I'm a big believer d1 shaping how the rest of the game plays out. inb4 Lapsa saying "annoying traditional Performer"
Note that the inverse is true too.
Too much care about having the maximum possible amount of discussion-time leads to day1 wagons being danger-free and thus info-free.
Putting things at L-1 and watching how people behave is a huge part of this game, and the site-meta on quickhammering not being considered scummy is hugely detrimental to analysis. Intent to hammer is supposed to take days not minutes.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... _Your_Vote

i.e. Performer is a new-age whippersnapper
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1592, Garmr wrote:The way vote counts were set up were convient for quick search but a head ache for vote count analysis.
If you look back on the game with the way you're doing VCA, do you get more accurate results than you'd expect at random here?
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:45 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1614, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Would you say I did well at being scum Garmr? I felt like I was really bad at looking like town throughout the game with so many people being suspicious of me.
I thought you did well, I was getting suspicious of you too, but you were further down the list as just a not-townread. My Night 1 investigation debate was between Saudade and Gamma (I was ruling out anyone I thought Dave might vig), my Night 2 was between Purr and Saudade.

I was sure Performer and then Hugo would be the vig targets...
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Akarin »

Could I have crumbed Gamma any more subtly and still had people get it? Or is anything sufficiently obvious that town can't talk themselves out of believing it so obvious it will get you shot?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1634, Akarin wrote:
In post 1614, Completly Trustworthy wrote:Would you say I did well at being scum Garmr? I felt like I was really bad at looking like town throughout the game with so many people being suspicious of me.
I thought you did well, I was getting suspicious of you too, but you were further down the list as just a not-townread. My Night 1 investigation debate was between Saudade and Gamma (I was ruling out anyone I thought Dave might vig), my Night 2 was between Purr and Saudade.

I was sure Performer and then Hugo would be the vig targets...
I thought it was obvious you were town not sure how others couldn't see it.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 am

Post by Performer »

Akarin why did you still sr me on d2? Just the tone of the posts? Something else?
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:53 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1633, Akarin wrote:
In post 1592, Garmr wrote:The way vote counts were set up were convient for quick search but a head ache for vote count analysis.
If you look back on the game with the way you're doing VCA, do you get more accurate results than you'd expect at random here?
Not sure tbh. I was juggling around a alternative scum team that consisted of ,hugo,purr through with ct and nos being interchangeable as the last members. But ditched it because lapsa and tic tacs syncronization and lapsa muddying the slot if we had a extra day I might of jumped on the alternative scum team theory.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Garmr »

I also feel it's been to long since I been a power role or scum. I need some extra power other than vanilla townie.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:58 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1639, Garmr wrote:I also feel it's been to long since I been a power role or scum. I need some extra power other than vanilla townie.
I agree, I thnk it's clouding your judgment :lol:
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Akarin »

@Performer: I didn't have all
that
strong a scumread on you Day 2, you were just the most informative lynch in terms of whether scum were worried about diverting people onto Mala over you or not, plus your fatalism at the end of Day 1 sounded like scum who had given up to me more than town who had given up, plus suspicion of scioness. definitely wanted you dead this game, like if you were in LYLO I'd vote you then so probably best to see that flip, and likewise I'd NEVER NK you if I were scum.

But yeah, in the grand scheme of things I think Hugo was scummier, and I was debating voting there on Day 2.
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:00 am

Post by tictac »

In post 1638, Garmr wrote:lapsa and tic tacs syncronization
That's prbs just how I am when I have a strong TR.
Town cohesion often trumps voting 4 the absolute highest scumread.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1638, Garmr wrote: Not sure tbh. I was juggling around a alternative scum team that consisted of ,hugo,purr through with ct and nos being interchangeable as the last members. But ditched it because lapsa and tic tacs syncronization and lapsa muddying the slot if we had a extra day I might of jumped on the alternative scum team theory.
I'm just thinking it keeps being a thing that people seem to put a lot of work into to wind up with garbage results that don't seem better than noise to me.

Also I keep reading these effort VCA things as good technobabble to cover having whatever opinions you want as scum, but they keep coming from town.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:06 am

Post by Krazy »

Yeah I've been trying to figure out how Ircher did vote progressions in NY213. I wanted to do that here but the way the scrubber outputs that data was really different. The wagon data seemed too convoluted to be helpful to me personally although tictac seemed to be trying to do something with it.
vote conspiracy
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Performer »

In post 1641, Akarin wrote:@Performer: I didn't have all
that
strong a scumread on you Day 2, you were just the most informative lynch in terms of whether scum were worried about diverting people onto Mala over you or not, plus your fatalism at the end of Day 1 sounded like scum who had given up to me more than town who had given up, plus suspicion of scioness. definitely wanted you dead this game, like if you were in LYLO I'd vote you then so probably best to see that flip, and likewise I'd NEVER NK you if I were scum.

But yeah, in the grand scheme of things I think Hugo was scummier, and I was debating voting there on Day 2.
huh.....interesting..............
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Akarin »

Sorry
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:08 am

Post by Akarin »

Although I never actually voted for you Day 2, so actually not my fault :p
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Performer »

@akarin eh no worries. certain times there are town folks who vote me and I just need to know why post game because I can't get why they do that, in game. just find it very interesting to know post game.
-----------
In post 1644, Krazy wrote:Yeah I've been trying to figure out how Ircher did vote progressions in NY213. I wanted to do that here but the way the scrubber outputs that data was really different. The wagon data seemed too convoluted to be helpful to me personally although tictac seemed to be trying to do something with it.
I was considering using your suggested idea but thinking back to my 1st hosted game onsite, and how I manually counted the vcs. I think I'll just use that manual method lol, for the predesigned 13-player setup I told you of lol.

I noted that you and penguinpower host your games in a very user friendly way so that's something to keep in mind
-Morality
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 970, Krazy wrote:
Votecount 1.15

davesaz(6 -- L2)
~ (27), , (35), (88), (108), (19)

Performer(3)
~ (32), (44),
(81)

tictac(2)
~ (50), (57)
popopopopopopo(1)
~ (140)
Malakittens(1)
~ (79)
Completly Trustworthy(1)
~ (112)

Not Voting (1): (45)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-09-19 07:00:00)

FLAVORThe HMS Erebus had a full compliment of 67 men.
If town knew that scum were largely avoiding each other's wagons then this would have been the most informative VC on d2, but that would have required a large presupposition that there were only ever 1-2 scum on a wagon together. It would also require the town to guess that eveerrry wagon was on town except the one bus.

I see what you mean about VCA and colors now. hmm
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”