Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Post by Dannflor »

The more information town has the better the chance there is at finding scum, as deception is harder the more information is on the board.
bristep123
bristep123
Goon
bristep123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:56 pm

Post by bristep123 »

not sure that's 100% true, some read behavior rather than content. Good players (and I am not in any way claiming to be one) don't need walls of text to root out scum.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

The two kinda go hand in hand, no? More content means more examples of behavior to draw from—information includes the way people behave.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:48 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 15, Mewtaph wrote:
In post 6, LolWagons wrote:
In post 3, Dannflor wrote:Hey everybody, it's been a while!

What do y'all think the chances are of there being a serial killer in a game called
Serial Killers
? :P

Oh and
VOTE: podoboq
cuz I can't decide how to pronounce their name
In post 4, Doughboy wrote:VOTE: lolwagons
Cause we should lolwagon lolwagons

Aren’t SKs not allowed?
I’m town so you must be scum to vote me

VOTE: Doughboy
Why engage in OMGUS this early? What are your thoughts on how someone should go about achieving their town win condition?
I was curious how DB would react. We’ve played together but I’m still getting used to his meta.

I also figured it might be a quick exit out of RVS.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Doughboy »

I’m not sure anyone can meta me. I’m evolving my play each game as I adjust to this site.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

“Don’t hate the player, hate the game”

“I don’t give a fuuuuuućk
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:05 am

Post by LolWagons »

Initial read is that Dann is town.

I don’t like Mewtaph’s questioning, I think it was pretty obviously a joke and that the line of questioning comes from someone wanting to look like they’re doing something rather and logically thinking through to the conclusion Dann reached (about giving the answers away before a response). My intent was to get us out of RVS early and it seems to be working.

Vote Mewtaph

That’s L-2 I believe.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:07 am

Post by LolWagons »

Rather than logically*

Sorry on mobile which will probably be a theme this week.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Mewtaph »

LolWagons, why do you think it AI if an answer to a question seems inherently "obvious"? You're focusing on me agreeing with Dannflor that the post was in jest but refusing to answer how you think town should approach achieving their win condition - which is concerning because openly OMGUSing a player even as an RVS vote is something I would not call a go-to line of thought as someone with a town PM. What posts are town pinging you from Dannflor and why? What is your read on bristep123?

You've changed your mind on what the intent of the OMGUS sequence was based off of - was your intent to joke around with a previously played with player (Doughboy) in jest, or was your intent to get us out of RVS early? "I think it was pretty obviously a joke" (second para in ) and "My intent was to get us out of RVS early and it seems to be working." (second para in ) have contradictory meanings. I would like a stronger stance here.

You're saying that the intent of that post sequence with Doughboy was to exit RVS and you believe your effort in doing so to be effective. Now explain why you thought OMGUSing another player was the most productive/fruitful way to do that the time
when
you were making those posts, without hindsight in me inquiring on how you had town process in making and here.

VOTE: LolWagons

The way you approached the OMGUS in and following post which adds little to the game state, and I am still finding it difficult to discern how you think that those low effort posts could illicit conversation or serious votes. Are you suggesting that you intentionally acted scummy in an attempt to find mafia eager to jump on to a bandwagon early in the game.

What exactly do you dislike about my initial questioning here other than "giving the answers away before a response"? Right now, it looks like you are accusing me of "looking like they're doing something and "not logically thinking through to the conclusion Dannflor reached" without any real basis behind these particular conclusions. I would like it if you quoted specific posts or parts of posts coming from me that illicited this kind of response to you prior to so the rest of the board can follow how you arrived at these thoughts. For example, "looking like they're doing something" suggests there is a deception there in "looking like they're doing something" vs "doing nothing in reality". Please point out where you feel this is present, again preferably before post .
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:56 am

Post by Thespio »

Ted Bundy was an American serial killer who confessed to 36 homicides in seven states in the 1970s, although many believe he committed even more. He was born Theordore Robert Cowell on November 24th, 1946, in Burlington, Vermont, to Eleanor Louise Cowell, and a father that has never been specifically identified. His mother was unwed and Ted was taunted as a bastard as a child and for a time he believed his mother was his older sister. It is believed that Ted Bundy began killing women in 1974, in Seattle and Oregon. He lured women by asking for help at his car. When he moved to Utah for law school more women went missing. In 1975 Ted was arrested for kidnapping a woman and was given a 1-15 year sentence. He escaped and committed additional murders in Florida and was recaptured. Ted Bundy was executed on January 24th, 1989.
VC
VOTE COUNT:

Mewtaph:
bristep123, mbaki
Gamma Emerald:
podoboq
Doughboy:
LolWagons
LolWagons:
Doughboy, Mewtaph
Podoboq:
Dannflor
No Vote:
Xtoxm, Gamma Emerald
With 9 alive it takes 5 to Lynch.

Time Remaining:
(expired on 2018-12-27 19:05:03)

Mod Note:
I will give Xtoxm til the beginning of Tuesday CST before I begin looking for replacements, they have yet to confirm their roles.
Last edited by Thespio on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:58 am

Post by LolWagons »

Oh boy. You know it can be obviously a joke and a reaction test to get us out of RVS right?

It’s the same as if I opened up with “Oh man why are there two thread links in my role PM” (which I thought about doing) or something similar. It’s an obvious joke, but someone opportunistic (*cough* you) might still try to pile on.

You’re trying to make two things that aren’t mutually exclusive, mutually exclusive.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:02 am

Post by LolWagons »

The more content you generate on that vote about how it was scummy and unproductive, the more you prove my point that it was a successful attempt to get us out of RVS.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:03 am

Post by Mewtaph »

A reaction test, huh? Not a completely unreasonable train of thought. The shading and discrediting of my slot from being effectively listened for questioning two opening posts devoid of content is not appreciated in any case. While I could have done this before opening, please drop a game link for me to review where you pulled off something similar as town.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:05 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Your trajectory onwards reads town!genuine. Don't hate it.
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:07 am

Post by LolWagons »

I usually replace in to games, so there really isn’t much RVS content on this account. If you want to go digging my main account is Slaxx, but that play is all from six plus years ago. I don’t like the way you’re setting me up to have to provide a game where I tried this exact type of thing before, when a quick look at my status shows that I haven’t had many games on the site. And I’m assuming you didn’t know this was an alt beforehand.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:12 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Okay, I can accept that reasoning.

UNVOTE: LolWagons
LolWagons
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
LolWagons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:13 am

Post by LolWagons »

In post 39, Mewtaph wrote:Okay, I can accept that reasoning.

Wasn’t the easy push you thought I’d be huh
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 40, LolWagons wrote:
In post 39, Mewtaph wrote:Okay, I can accept that reasoning.

Wasn’t the easy push you thought I’d be huh
No, and it's refreshing in a good way given the amount of times I've seen "easy pushes" as town that give no shits.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 29, Doughboy wrote:I’m not sure anyone can meta me. I’m evolving my play each game as I adjust to this site.
Can you specify
how
you feel this statement is true? Do you think that:
1) You've seen players refer to outdated games that don't accurately reflect your current meta, or they incorrectly meta you in the first place
or 2) You are making yourself un-metable by making your play unpredictable as both town and scum
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Dannflor »

UNVOTE: UNVOTE: lolwagons
VOTE: VOTE: Doughboy
In post 29, Doughboy wrote:I’m not sure anyone can meta me. I’m evolving my play each game as I adjust to this site.
This isn't particularly helpful and really just sounds like someone who doesn't want to be meta'd. Your last post was #13 and it was a joke post, you have no comments on Mewtaph's chain of questioning and reasoning that occurred between then and now? Do you agree with one person in particular? Why did you decide not to comment at all and instead focus on yourself, when the focus has been on Mewtaph and lolwagons for the last page?
In post 36, Mewtaph wrote:The shading and discrediting of my slot from being effectively listened for questioning two opening posts devoid of content is not appreciated in any case.
Is the OMGUS the only reason you singled out lolwagons for this questioning? Why not Doughboy who also engaged in joking OMGUS? Why not any of the other RVS votes that could be deemed similarly "unproductive?"
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:32 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 43, Dannflor wrote:
In post 36, Mewtaph wrote:The shading and discrediting of my slot from being effectively listened for questioning two opening posts devoid of content is not appreciated in any case.
Is the OMGUS the only reason you singled out lolwagons for this questioning? Why not Doughboy who also engaged in joking OMGUS? Why not any of the other RVS votes that could be deemed similarly "unproductive?"
No, that wasn't the only reason. I have had experience with reading "jokestery" start players and understanding how town/scum intent exists in players that approach. In that game, to be fair I was wrong on town and right on scum but I found it hard to differentiate the nuance between those different reads in which adjusting side by side especially with hindsight became clearer to me post game.
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:35 am

Post by Mewtaph »

I have little reason to oppose a Doughboy wagon at this moment and want to help support Dannflor in their pursuit here.

VOTE: Doughboy
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Doughboy »

In post 43, Dannflor wrote:This isn't particularly helpful and really just sounds like someone who doesn't want to be meta'd. Your last post was #13 and it was a joke post, you have no comments on Mewtaph's chain of questioning and reasoning that occurred between then and now? Do you agree with one person in particular? Why did you decide not to comment at all and instead focus on yourself, when the focus has been on Mewtaph and lolwagons for the last page?
1. I don’t care if people meta me. I just don’t think they can. By all means go ahead.
2. I haven’t read mewtaph’s chain of questioning or reasoning
3. I haven’t really paid attention to this game that closely yet.
4. I always focus on myself first, then I worry about everyone else. Since I haven’t read the pages that closely I don’t really have opinions atm. I’ll get around to it when I feel like it.
Show
“Either they don't know, don't show, or don't care about what's going on in the hood”

Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 46, Doughboy wrote:I always focus on myself first, then I worry about everyone else.
I usually categorize self focus as a scum tell, I don't know what reason town would have to focus on themselves early on unless it's a habit of the player as you say.

You don't think people can meta you. Yet, this is something you always do? So we could confirm this is something you do regardless of alignment if we meta'd you?

I await your reads/opinions on the last page. Laziness isn't necessarily scum but it is anti-town. It's quite literally a single page worth of posts, it's not like this game is moving extraordinarily fast yet.
Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Doughboy »

I said I don’t think people can meta me because I’ve had quite a few games where I’ve spent all game fighting with people and death tunneling. After my last game ended I said I was going to work on changing that so my play this game is hopefully going to be different than my previous games.

As for self focus, if you do actually meta me you will see I’m consistent about that. I usually scum read people who push me because like the joke reason lol and myself gave, that’s how I honestly think.
Show

Doughboy
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Doughboy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Doughboy »

I’ll post reads and shit tomorrow or Tuesday
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”