Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:31 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Idk how the moron comment helps your cause. Then you just keep getting 1-upp’d by a moron.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3449, RadiantCowbells wrote:uhm.

your booneytoonz games were far more reasonable than this.
Fair. Yeah, I wouldn’t have done 9:4. I have a tendency to lean towards town sided setups.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

YOU HAD A MODKILL THAT TOOK AWAY ONE OF TOWNS 2 MISLYNCHES WHEN MULTIPLE TOWN HAD BOTH OF YOU CAUGHT, BOTH REPLACED OUT IN RESPONSE TO THAT MODKILL, AND YOU'RE CLAIMING IT HELPED YOUR CAUSE.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:32 am

HURT.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I said the modkill helped scum, replace outs helped town. Just because I said I lost my biggest supporter in DDL doesn’t mean that that still didn’t help us
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:35 am

i'm just gonna

not have this discussion with you

rc shoshin replace out definitely helps scum yes :]
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:37 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3455, RadiantCowbells wrote:i'm just gonna

not have this discussion with you

rc shoshin replace out definitely helps scum yes :]
Yeah, we considered you guys replacing out already a win over you guys for our own sakes.

This was a double win. SS as a whole was literally the most stressful thing I’ve felt in mafia in years
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:48 am

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 3393, Not Known 15 wrote:The reviewers were mastina
Not again.... Not like this..... 2nd game in a row.... :(

Jk- it was "thought provoking" to say the least!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3417, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3377, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 3357, Not Known 15 wrote:I forgot one failure of town: The cop checking a claimed Miller/Ascetic.
I mean, to be fair, it was a fake claim. :lol:

SOMETHING SMART!!! I DID IT!!! I won a page 1 Miller fake claim and got past a guilty!!!
I'm glad you did it, but it doesn't really count for much because you were dodgy about it early on and also it was obviously bullshit :P

I did think you were ascetic for a while, hence the claim, but I eventually changed my mind but not the opinion that you were scum, so I kept it.

Yes, SS. Yours was better than mine! It still counts, though, haha
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:56 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3422, Something_Smart wrote:I'm pretty sure I played my imaginary PR better than most people played their real one...
You naked voted me after I voted with you
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:10 am

Post by Something_Smart »

It was like 4 hours from deadline and nobody was doing anything, sorry :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Don’t worry, Dunn...I didn’t lynch you. I fell asleep before I could hammer.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3366, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3352, Not Known 15 wrote:-I think it was still a bit scumsided.
GEE, YOU THINK?
I do indeed.
As the reviewer who passed it, I feel ashamed.
I kinda gave up in the review to be honest.
I don't even remember passing it, to be frank.
I knew it wasn't a good setup.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3386, RadiantCowbells wrote:
who the fuck passed this setup
I'M SORRY; I DON'T REMEMBER DOING IT
I do remember giving up on the review tho so presumably out of apathy.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 3396, RadiantCowbells wrote:can i have opinions from the players on whether this setup belonged in the normal queue
My main opposition to it was pretty much exactly that, actually.
In post 2, mastina wrote:This seems like a theme game?
In post 5, mastina wrote:
In post 4, implosion wrote:So I'll step in and say:

This game is technically normal; it fits the strict requirements of a normal game.

However, it will not fit the expectations, I suspect, of a good majority of players entering the normal queue.

Having a single nearly all-powerful role like a bulletproof IC that is given a free division of the player list in half goes against the expectation of a "normal game of mafia." If that person shares the information publicly then the game turns into "hunt the two scum from each subgroup" which feels distinctly like a theme mechanic because it becomes the entire focus of the game. If they don't share that information, then the game becomes essentially one person playing solitaire and directing all of the lynches while everyone else is forced to blindly follow (and in fact, this is probably the optimal way to play the role, as it prevents scum from knowing how the groups are laid out and planning nightkills around it).
^A more wordy way of what I was getting at, basically.
In post 11, mastina wrote:I realize people tend not to consider Neighbors as roles in the design world, but I'm a bit concerned that from the play perspective, the setup only has two VTs?
Yes, there's essentially-vanilla-neighbors, but they aren't actual bona fide VTs.
In post 20, mastina wrote:I'm still uncomfortable with how there's only two legitimate VTs--even the neighbors aren't just neighbors; they have a modifier which makes them stand out even more than just being a neighbor would. It still feels like a theme more than a normal with that mechanic.
(You can just see the progression in my willpower eroding and for that I do apologize; I take full responsibility for failing as a reviewer here. I have no defense. Normally when I pass a setup and players complain about it postgame, I can defend my actions--I've nothing for this game.)
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:11 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 3464, mastina wrote:
In post 3396, RadiantCowbells wrote:can i have opinions from the players on whether this setup belonged in the normal queue
My main opposition to it was pretty much exactly that, actually.
In post 2, mastina wrote:This seems like a theme game?
In post 5, mastina wrote:
In post 4, implosion wrote:So I'll step in and say:

This game is technically normal; it fits the strict requirements of a normal game.

However, it will not fit the expectations, I suspect, of a good majority of players entering the normal queue.

Having a single nearly all-powerful role like a bulletproof IC that is given a free division of the player list in half goes against the expectation of a "normal game of mafia." If that person shares the information publicly then the game turns into "hunt the two scum from each subgroup" which feels distinctly like a theme mechanic because it becomes the entire focus of the game. If they don't share that information, then the game becomes essentially one person playing solitaire and directing all of the lynches while everyone else is forced to blindly follow (and in fact, this is probably the optimal way to play the role, as it prevents scum from knowing how the groups are laid out and planning nightkills around it).
^A more wordy way of what I was getting at, basically.
In post 11, mastina wrote:I realize people tend not to consider Neighbors as roles in the design world, but I'm a bit concerned that from the play perspective, the setup only has two VTs?
Yes, there's essentially-vanilla-neighbors, but they aren't actual bona fide VTs.
In post 20, mastina wrote:I'm still uncomfortable with how there's only two legitimate VTs--even the neighbors aren't just neighbors; they have a modifier which makes them stand out even more than just being a neighbor would. It still feels like a theme more than a normal with that mechanic.
(You can just see the progression in my willpower eroding and for that I do apologize; I take full responsibility for failing as a reviewer here. I have no defense. Normally when I pass a setup and players complain about it postgame, I can defend my actions--I've nothing for this game.)
I think, in retrospective, that there can be two lessons being learned for future reviews:
1.If the setup has to be changed greatly, just tell the person who wants to mod to provide a new setup; and close the review. (Option 1: reviewers pass right away; option 2: reviewers demand small changes; option 3:reviewers fail the review and ask the mod to come back with a better setup). This way mods aren't thinking "oh yes it looks far better than before, let's pass it" with a setup that still has some flaws(and yes, my setup was a bit too scumsided if I look back at it... in my view not extremely, but... that's bad enough).
2.Setups are reviewed for normalcry and balance. It is important, when making some small changes to the setup to fix one problem, to ensure that the other value doesn't become a problem(here it was initially balanced(I think) but more theme-y; after the changes it was not that theme-y but the balance was not good enough).

I still think that the situation involving the modkill was very unfortunate, with no option avaliable to me being good - I chose the option I thought to be least problematic. And it still is the option I percieve as the least problematic one.
mbaki
mbaki
Mafia Scum
mbaki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:24 am

Post by mbaki »

This post game is a very good reminder that ms balance standards are very different than elsewhere.

I am disappointed at how RC is acting here, but I guess its unsurprising.

But yes, balance aside, I will say I didn't love the setup. Also, VC styles are annoying imo, I've seen a couple other mods do them but they're just harder to read and "ugly". Just constructive feedback.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:47 am

Disappointed is an odd way to put it.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 am

And taking away a mislynch from town is pretty problematic in a game where they only have two to begin with.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Ankamius »

We had only one lynch on town and it lost us the game

The only other one was on scum lol
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:51 am

I caught 3/4 of your team D1 and your partner comes into postgame talking shit because a modkill on a confirmed town player took away two of our mislynches. Do you really think I'm the problem vector here?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think he meant you get two mislynches without losing, which made DDL and Dunn.

DDL was a rough situation. It sucked for town, but he legit did quote like the entirety of COA’s neighborhood posts, which was quite a lot.

That could have severely affected the game. I understood the move, it just sucked to have happen.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:52 am

And like

Literally every nrg member who has commented has agreed that this didn't belong in the normal queue at all, so...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 3470, RadiantCowbells wrote:I caught 3/4 of your team D1 and your partner comes into postgame talking shit because a modkill on a confirmed town player took away two of our mislynches. Do you really think I'm the problem vector here?
Ankamius wasn’t my teammate
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:53 am

In post 3471, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think he meant you get two mislynches without losing, which made DDL and Dunn.

DDL was a rough situation. It sucked for town, but he legit did quote like the entirety of COA’s neighborhood posts, which was quite a lot.

That could have severely affected the game. I understood the move, it just sucked to have happen.
Even if it had to have happen

Which I disagree with.

Doesn't mean you trash talk townies for losing a game where I caught all 3 of you D1 and we had conftown modkilled and you only even survived day 1 because you cried about out of game stuff and made me lynch your buddy instead.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”