Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1310, Detective Pikachu wrote:Okay making some progress. I was going to try going through the thread chronologically but got a bit frustrated a few pages in with how many different people were pinging me so I think I'm switching to isos for the moment.

I don't see Exilon in any of the scum lists so far. Who currently opposes Exilon being included in the townblock?
:raises hand:
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1314, Detective Pikachu wrote:This reads very slightly fake to me given I don't see why skitter takes a stance like this off a fairly NAI post
atm it felt townie to me
reading it again in retrospect it doesn't feel that townie as strongly anymore

inferno is kinda that i have a hard time seeing scum!him approach the game the way he is rn. he feels too guileless/nuanced/solve-y i think for him to be scum
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Skitter, are you honestly arguing to Lynch sash because they will be a distraction? Even though you think they will flip town?

Are you part of Giants management? Because if so I have a bone to pick with you about Odell Beckham jr
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

kinda. i'm not sure that's the best path to take but i do think they need to be resolved before lylo after everything; idk if there's any way to do that in this game outside of a lynch

at the same time i don't think he's actually flipping scum but i do think the slot is going to be a distraction until it flips
Show
Hiatus once more.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Garmr »

Lynch Sash Lynch Sash Lynch Sash Lynch Sash
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm also reconsidering the garmr townread i had earlier btw
Show
Hiatus once more.

u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

Yeah and mine on you?? What an awful reason to lunch someone?
103-11 0-2
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'm not saying we should lynch him today. i'm saying i don't want the slot in lylo
Show
Hiatus once more.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Garmr »

I just noticed something. Like people are literally are throwing out scum reads with out cases.

Inferno at least put up a blatent misrep early day 1 and when pointed out he was wrong he moved goalpost. This is still better than oh garmr might be scum and dancing around it with out putting a foot down. Through day 2 that inferno has abandoned any attempt to make a case and joined the pussy footing team.

I'm guessing the scum team is holding back to see if they can get a lynch off on me but are afraid to initiate it. If inferno is town his blatantly bad case wouldn't be enough to sheep with out backlash and if his scum they wouldn't want to be tied to him.

I get it I'm scary and anyone that tangles with me seems to get dragged into the spotlight because I'm loud and I'm aware of it. But atleast provide some actual content while you are at it.

PS:Skitter don't complain about sash not getting lynched when you play a big part of it by pushing both of sash's counter wagons and when I pointed out something you.
In post 581, skitter30 wrote:
In post 579, Garmr wrote:
In post 572, skitter30 wrote:
In post 563, Garmr wrote:Now lets say that UR2 is town either a power role or scum. Bang scum know 3 roles lynched one and can just leave Sash a wifom bait. A player as exprienced as you should at least know that much right?
r u arguing that we shouldn't wagon urap lest town!him is forced to claim and scum will now know three roles?
or did i misunderstand and you're saying something else?
Basically but it's more that skitter already revealed their role(fakeclaim) and by the off chance he is town he is still mislynch bait latter on. If they are scum we should just lynch them anyway. But to be honest it's obvious the slot is scum.
a) he's not obvious scum
b) i think the fact that he's claimed already is a weak argument against wagoning other people (who actually are scummy!)
It really irks to no end.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Detective Pikachu »

Skitter walk me through, what is the basis of your scumread on exi?
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 pm

Post by Exilon »

In post 1261, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1234, Exilon wrote:a) #ISaidIFelt
What I meant is I feel you're dismissing the analysis in a way that comes across as a bit dishonest to me. At certain points you agree with the analysis I make but you still don't see the conclusions as more likely and while it's all a a bit ambiguous (in the sense is actions can be mostly seen from both perspectives it seems), your conclusion to the content is basically "well I can see town doing that, sooooooooooooo"
Which is basically the argument you bring up for me, "I can see myself making posts like that as scum, sooooooo", (which is already terrible enough on its own, re: projecting) and then you vote for me, and not him, so it all feels like unfairly biased for what is essentially you being arbitrary about it. If we're both nullreads to you, what is tilting you to be pushing me instead of him? Projection? Bias? What am I missing here?
i didn't really agree with your analysis so much as saying that i don't know if it's wrong but i don't see any compelling reason why i should believe your pov more than my own

and most of what you're drawing out i don't think is ai here so like ... why should i find your case compelling
Cause you have no better options at the moment should be a fairly compelling reason. Like, if everyone's a nullread to you, you have to make some concessions on what you're willing to scumread. Otherwise, you're just going to fence sit and that's guaranteed to not lynch scum. I recognize this as obvious to you so I don't know why you're not pushing more, instead of saying you're trying to.

i don't entirely understand the dichtomy you're drawing (ie why you're saying i'm being unfairly biased in voting you over him)

i don't see any reason to scumread him. i think you're trying to make him look scummy off of things that arent' ai. so i'm voting you.

Let me get this straight. The stated reasons you're voting me are:
a) My cases were reminiscent of your own posts when you're scum; (ie projecting)
b) You believe I'm purposefully trying to paint Egix in a scummier light.

It's clear that we're disagreeing on how AI his actions can be. I think it's likely there's scum mindset there somewhere, you don't. That's fine.

But to jump from there to "I think you're just intently trying to paint him in scummier light" is your own bias interjecting; to use your own words, you've provided no compelling evidence for why that interpretation is more likely than me having a genuine scumread and trying to build on it.

So basically I can use your own internal and stated logic to show that your reasons for voting me are no better than whatever reasons you may have for voting Egix.
To you, we're both nullreads. His actions can be seen as scummy, so can mine. They can both come from town. But you're giving him the benefit of the doubt, and not me.

I'm not saying I want you to vote me over him or anything of the sort, I just think this is very hypocritical of you and wondering if it could come from a townie mindset as easily as it comes from a scum mindset.
In post 1234, Exilon wrote:His latest post confirms my interpretation and denies yours. Essentially, he was sheeping his top scumread. Town does this??
tbh yes sometimes
but yes, i agree, his sheeping does look worse in that context
Let me put it another way:
How much more likely is it that this comes from town than scum?
In post 1234, Exilon wrote:To reiterate, I post a summary + analysis;
You say it's information instead of analysis, which is a content-argument;
I apply that logic to show it's not, disproving your claim, which should force you to reconsider it instead of dismissing it;
You change into an emotion-argument to keep dismissing it.

My point here isn't what is or isn't, it's how you're doing it.
i mean it was always an emotion-argument, sometimes i just actually attach words to the emotions instead of just declaring things to be bad on gut

i read it multiple times. i don't think it's really analysis beyond summary
I'm over this. Your subjective opinion is irrelevant to what is an objective argument and you shouldn't be mixing both, but whatever.
If you don't feel the analysis is substantial, then that's valid.
Feels like I've been here before.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 2:41 am

Post by bob3141 »

Currently Im leaning towards Ausuka as being most likely scum. Per reasonign already stated

VOTE: Ausuka
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 1333, Garmr wrote:I just noticed something. Like people are literally are throwing out scum reads with out cases.

Inferno at least put up a blatent misrep early day 1 and when pointed out he was wrong he moved goalpost. This is still better than oh garmr might be scum and dancing around it with out putting a foot down. Through day 2 that inferno has abandoned any attempt to make a case and joined the pussy footing team.

I'm guessing the scum team is holding back to see if they can get a lynch off on me but are afraid to initiate it. If inferno is town his blatantly bad case wouldn't be enough to sheep with out backlash and if his scum they wouldn't want to be tied to him.

I get it I'm scary and anyone that tangles with me seems to get dragged into the spotlight because I'm loud and I'm aware of it. But atleast provide some actual content while you are at it.

PS:Skitter don't complain about sash not getting lynched when you play a big part of it by pushing both of sash's counter wagons and when I pointed out something you.
In post 581, skitter30 wrote:
In post 579, Garmr wrote:
In post 572, skitter30 wrote:
In post 563, Garmr wrote:Now lets say that UR2 is town either a power role or scum. Bang scum know 3 roles lynched one and can just leave Sash a wifom bait. A player as exprienced as you should at least know that much right?
r u arguing that we shouldn't wagon urap lest town!him is forced to claim and scum will now know three roles?
or did i misunderstand and you're saying something else?
Basically but it's more that skitter already revealed their role(fakeclaim) and by the off chance he is town he is still mislynch bait latter on. If they are scum we should just lynch them anyway. But to be honest it's obvious the slot is scum.
a) he's not obvious scum
b) i think the fact that he's claimed already is a weak argument against wagoning other people (who actually are scummy!)
It really irks to no end.
This is the most disgustingly LAMIST post I’ve ever seen.
And you’re not even trying to hide the fact that you’re trying to make me look bad.
And if you, you know, were actually reading my posts, you would know that I do have reasons for thinking you’re scum. You just think that AfR is going to shut me down.
News flash: it’s not.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Exilon »

What's AfR
Feels like I've been here before.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 6:57 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Argument from Repetition
Basically the idea that if you repeat the same thing over and over again, other players will begin to assume it’s true/act on it.
What’s happening here is that Gamr is repeatedly dismissing my read on him and saying things to discredit it. He constantly implying that what I’m saying is either coming from scum or so stupid that it should be ignored. In doing so, his goal (in my opinion) is to get the other players to passive ignore my thoughts. But he actually hasn’t given a reason as to why I’m scum, and the thing he’s saying I’m doing (not providing reasons for scum!Gamr, or when I am, they’re really dumb) is not true. Which is very much scum indicative to me.

Why, you may ask? Because I’ve encountered very similar scenarios twice before. Notice my signature? The one I pointed out to UR2 during D1? Those actually refer to those two games where scum did something very similar to what I see Gamr doing here.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:29 am

Spoiler:
In post 154, Garmr wrote:throw some quick thoughts out there

town in my eyes
Lil Uzi Vert
Garmr(that's me)
Bob
Exilon(because of something he said that may rule him out from being scum with out him knowing about it.)

maybe town deciding
Skitter (mainly for peoples reaction to her than anything she has done herself.)

Cautious of
Egix

Who I think can hang personally-
Channel
Sash
I feel like he hasn't really talked much about Egix since even though he's "cautious of" him. Also, I do not understand this Skitter read
In post 223, Garmr wrote:
In post 222, Exilon wrote:I'm not pissed, I just didn't come here to be personally insulted
I'm not personally insulting by calling you stupid you I'm saying your action is stupid there's a big difference. Which is why I wrote "right now."
In post 235, Garmr wrote:yeah just going to note down these points

1-scum have day chat (noticed that due to what I thought excellion gamble was)
2-No one has calling sash town
3-The generic response I don't know if I want to jump on the wagon. With no reason not to scum read sash or town read them.
4-Been ages with out a meaningful post
5-wagon starts to gain steam out of no where.
6-A lot of my town reads are on sash wagon including confirmed town and myself.

May be a bit premature but with all these points combined I think scum stayed silent on the sash wagon to see if it would dissolve naturally and rui rui was their planned counterwagon in their day chat.
what
In post 243, Garmr wrote:
In post 241, Inferno390 wrote:Yeah I’m not buying Sash. If anything, Bob’s vote on Sash feels the most genuine of any of them.
Even more genuine than a IC?
In post 268, Garmr wrote:Would like to point out the scenario here.

Inferno390
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:I’m off-put by the tone here. Seems weird.
Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Finds sash reacy early on doesn't mention him latter.
In post 178, Inferno390 wrote:I don’t like how 162 is used to throw shade in my direction while simultaneously pushing Sash.
What's odd about someone pushing 2 scum reads at the same time, he did it early? So that indicates the problem wasn't he was being scumread but being tied with sash.
In post 231, Inferno390 wrote:Thx m8
=======================
I’m a little hesitant on the Sash wagon. It formed really fast, and I’m not entirely convinced it’s legit. I’m gonna have to go back and read it to see how it formed.
It's funny they were quite happy throwing shade at the begging at rvs but sash had done nothing to earn a town read. Through out their posts he doesn't even show a town read on sash but actively opposes the wagon.

So with that I think this is what happened. From these past events Inferno was looking to shut down the wagon but because he doesn't want to be tied up with sash he goes for the generic The wagon came in to fast and not legit sentiment that people with doubt seemed to have. He starts throwing shade on everyone (except bob which to me indicate buddying).

To me it seems like post 242 was meant to throw shade on me and for people not looked into to deeply. Which is why he included the
BUT
to fake some kind of doubt. If you noticed when he starts talking about me and with me, he drops any notion of doubt when arguing. The fact he mistakes where I placed my votes and what I talked about and when shows to me that it was quick Iso job with out much thought and written after being questioned on his throw away statement. Finally he tries to keep his point by changing the goal post instead of accepting the facts. This shows that he isn't concerned with finding out my alignment and just throwing shade. Also with this much effort to try and trying to cling to try make me look scummy you'd think town would throw a vote since he isn't pushing urap2 anymore.

The answer is simple he was chainsawing for Sash and didn't expect to have to explain his motive. Now his caught up in it.

VOTE: Inferno390

I'm up for either Inferno or Sash but I feel inferno deserves the pressure.

P:Edit still didn't vote me after struggling this hard to keep trying to throw shade. :roll:
despite my other issues with this slot this is a pretty long case that I don't completely hate, end is kinda bad with the "deserves the pressure bit" but meh
In post 490, Garmr wrote:
In post 488, Sashaddin wrote:Here my ideas in case I go:

Town:

Garmr
Bob
Ruirui

Null:

URAP2
Fixed this list for you
gross post
In post 565, Garmr wrote:
In post 564, Inferno390 wrote:If I’m trying to shield Sash, then why the heck did I say that a) I was okay with a Sash lynch and b) I would hammer the slot?

I really don’t appreciate the attempt to make me look as dumb as possible in order to discredit what I’m saying.
I’ll respond to the rest of this later when I have tome.
..... Are you fucking kidding me. We spent pages arguing about it I said you were partners with sash and trying to derail his wagon with out getting on the counter wagon and you fucking act like it never happened are you fucking reading the game.

Don't try and play dumb you only did said those things to cover up and a)Just because you say something, doesn't mean your doing it. It's mafia people lie and your earlier actions say different. b)Yeah after I drilled you hard enough after multiple posts, so you can preserve your image.
In post 711, Garmr wrote:
In post 704, High Risk Gamble wrote:So this is where I'm at after the catch up fully.

URA is obvious town right now and the fact his wagon started is really bad.
I'm feel less like Sash scum with the VT claim and even though VT lynch / scum lynch isn't a bad choice day 1 I don't think Sash flips scum here.

I don't think that URA's wagon was all town either so Skitter, Inferno or RuiRui have 1-2 scum.

The current RuiRui wagon looks all town other than Skitter. Skitter is just looking for a lynch rather scum hunting and their voting patterns/reasons show this.

If it comes to it I'll vote RuiRui over Sash and URA but I think Skitter is just out right scum and it doesn't look like bussing.

VOTE: Skitter
Yeah I can agree with this.

VOTE: Skitter

Don't really have much to add other than I been feeling off about skitter for a while which is why I don't list them as town.

I don't like the fact Skitter ignored my post (663)

So if we really have to compromise on a lynch I think skitter the best one.
worth revisiting this post if garmr or skitter flips scum

like just based on this iso I can imagine a world of garmr/skitter/egix. I don't know that that is this world, but it's certainly a world I can imagine

I think there was one post here I didn't completely hate, I didn't really see a deluge of towniness, don't really wanna be non-committal on literally every slot. I guess I'd say this is more in the bottom half of my reads than lockscum tho.
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:34 am

Spoiler:
In post 31, Ausuka wrote:
In post 18, skitter30 wrote:
In post 15, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: ruirui
This is the kind of rvs post i can see scum making ^^^^

(i'm not explicitly calling her scum for this rn, but noting that it comes from scum more than town imo)
VOTE: skitter

it's literally just a naked vote and my standard entrance. why are you not explicitly calling me scum for it? if you think it comes from scum more than town, and the average player has a 1/4 chance to be scum, that's great odds on page 1. it feels as if you're afraid of entering a confrotantion so early more than anything else.
In post 67, Ausuka wrote:If you think my point is so stupid explain how to me please.

Skitter says my vote comes from scum more often than town. This to me is a scumread, how could it not be? If you think someone's only post so far is more common from scum than from town, you think that person's scum. I would expect her reasoning to be used as part of a push on me. She then goes on to say, in the same post, she's not "explicitly" calling me scum for it. This I think isn't genuine, because I think that if skitter sees my post as coming from scum more often than town, she wouldn't have any hesitation to call me scum for it, right?
In post 57, Exilon wrote:it's literally just a naked vote and my standard entrance. why are you not explicitly calling me scum for it? if you think it comes from scum more than town, and the average player has a 1/4 chance to be scum, that's great odds on page 1. it feels as if you're afraid of entering a confrotantion so early more than anything else.

Feels like poor reasoning and a bit forced in order to justify a vote on skitter.
The question here seems unnecessary and loaded (assumes Skitter finds Ausuka scummy, which is incorrect), especially considering that skitter's own bolded words invalidate that same question.
How on earth does the bolded invalidate my question? She's saying that she's not calling me scum in the section that you bolded; I'm asking why she's not calling me scum.
In post 39, skitter30 wrote:i think that post comes from scum more often than town (which is not at all the same thing as thinking you're scum)
Okay, can you please explain why they're not the same thing? Because I don't see the difference when that's my only post in the game.
In post 118, Ausuka wrote:UNVOTE:

ok I thought about it and I think I understand what skitter is saying now.

@Exilon: I still don't understand what about my push you don't think comes from town here.
In post 712, Ausuka wrote:i don't understand the skitter push. what about her posting is empty?
In post 906, Ausuka wrote:
In post 874, Sashaddin wrote:I don't know if I' explaining well enough here.
Garmr surviving the night makes me think he has a lot of % of flipping red, because If he is town I don't think CDB was a better kill over Garmr.
sasha are you scum after all

I don't think I have a big problem with this slot going today. A lot of these reactions just kinda feel fake to me a little bit, particularly irt skitter

still not settled yet tho
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:49 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@Detective, do you mind adding the person your posting about’s name to the top of the ISO summary for convenience’s sake?

Inferno390 GTKAS

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:50 am

pedit: sure

Spoiler: skitter

(i'm not explicitly calling her scum for this rn, but noting that it comes from scum more than town imo)
In post 39, skitter30 wrote:
In post 21, Egix96 wrote:Town AGAIN? Really? Sigh...

VOTE: Ausuka

No naked votes allowed reeeeeeeee
i don't particularly like this post, the first line kinda feels like you felt the need to randomly share that you're town which feels a little ????? and meh
In post 26, RuiRui wrote:

What do you mean by this? How come it comes from scum more?
i've noticed that scum sometimes find trouble figuring out what to say or do in rvs, and that instead of engaging with *already existing content* will sometimes pop in and make an empty vote; i find making an empty rvs vote in lieu of engaging with content that already exists to be scum-indicative, and have seen scum do this more than once. ausuka's rvs kinda looked like that to me
In post 28, ChannelDelibird wrote:Why wouldn't you vote for Ausuka here instead of keeping your vote on a random person who hadn't yet posted?
idk
i usually don't switch my vote from rvs until i have a solid scumread; i don't have one rn and it didn't occur to me to switch my vote there

i think i can sort urap fairly easily which is why i put my rvs vote there

==

it's literally just a naked vote and my standard entrance. why are you not explicitly calling me scum for it? if you think it comes from scum more than town, and the average player has a 1/4 chance to be scum, that's great odds on page 1. it feels as if you're afraid of entering a confrotantion so early more than anything else.
i don't think you're inherently scum for it, but i think that post comes from scum more often than town (which is not at all the same thing as thinking you're scum)

i don't think i've played with you much recently and i don't remember offhand what your regular rvs looks like

and i'm not afraid of entering confrontation (lol). i'm also not going to call you scum for making an rvs post that i disliked. it felt weird, so i noted it. it generated discussion (which i'm always a fan of in rvs!). do i think it's a bad post? yes. am i calling you scum and seriously pushing you for that? no.

i don't think that having an awkward entrance inherently makes you scum, it makes it something worth noting and to use to start generating discussion

==

i think inferno may be town
In post 17, skitter30 wrote:(I'm a she btw)

I dont think scum starts the game calling literally everyone town (including people who havent even posted yet!)

Its almost too audacious and has like none of the awkardness i associate with scum in rvs; that's coming from someone who feels very comfortable posting rn

(Also its not actual readslist, he literally calls everyone some flavor of town, its pretty obviously an rvs post/segue into making his rvs vote)
In post 61, skitter30 wrote:
In post 58, bob3141 wrote:Nice to meet you too

Use to play mafia on with a few people a year ago in a forum of a browser game but the after a while there wasnt enough people to make a full game.

Unvoted, as im testing the tags as its teh first time ive played mafia on this forum. I see peopel are usign one that makes unvote is that UNVOTE: . also does it need teh name of who we where voting for
the unvote doesn't require a name, voting does

do you have any thoughts on the game? any idea wrt who may be town? scum?

(@exilon i'm a she btw)
In post 92, skitter30 wrote:hey exilon, do you have a read on me?

==
In post 72, bob3141 wrote:Also if I get the feelign mafia in there arguments would prefer to hide there arguments in group. By making it appear that thre arguments are in harmony with anotehr player that they virtue of being mafia know is town . Ive seen a few examples of that but nothing realy note worthy, just somethign givign me sligth feeling
can you show me an example of where you think this might be happening?

==
In post 74, u r a person 2 wrote:@skitter The first post I think is independently scummy. The second feels like redirect of of Egix. And the interaction between them goes no where. whole thing just feels wrong.
i don't think i'm seeing what you're seeing here; this read feels a little reach-y imo

also urap and bob probably (?) aren't partners together imo

oh wait reading more i think i'm mixing up egix and exilon; i can kinda see your thought process for egix/inferno but i don't particularly agree with it

==

inferno i think is town

==
In post 81, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 79, Inferno390 wrote:78: First is my posting style and NAI, second is not simply “shade,”. It’s laying out my thoughts and sorting people, and I am not dismissing the reads on Egix, third, where else were you expecting that conversation to go on my end and where did I ever say I was now town reading skitter. I can scumread more than two people at a time.
so why didn't you mention skitter in your scum team?
? people can have scumreads and not teamread them (esp. early day1!)

==
In post 86, u r a person 2 wrote:
In post 85, RuiRui wrote:Inferno you're moving a little too fast with your reads imo
ya think? recent posts are not from a town perspective
kinda disagree. don't think scum!inferno posts , for example
kinda think you might be scum here actually

==
In post 88, Inferno390 wrote:This post feels weird and self aware. Coming out of a scumgame myself, this sounds like something I would say. (You know what I’m talking about Rui and Egix, the whole parroting thing.) But asa whole it doesn’t read as bad as I thought it did on first glance.
it was self-aware, i knew quite well that if i didn't put in the parenthesis people would ask why i wasn't voting there (hint: i wasn't actually scumreading her, it was a natural progression from the previous post - i showed an rvs post that i liked (garmr's) and then showed one that i didn't (ausuka's) )
In post 226, skitter30 wrote:
In post 207, RuiRui wrote:If you don't lynch me first I'm sure I can appear towny
:igmeou:
In post 637, skitter30 wrote:yes, and i think we live in the latter universe
except that there's scum already on the wagon

if this just like isn't happening then
VOTE: ruiruin

pedit i am
In post 1157, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1128, Exilon wrote:Ok; I get it; I do have one question though.
And this feels a bit like day1 deja vu but:
you once again react to a post of mine by latching more to its form rather than its content, but then you don't do much with the content itself, which I feel isn't aligned with your claimed willingness to sort people and broaden your search.
And by that I mean, what do you think of the points I raised about Egix?
sometimes to me the form/tone/timing/writing style of the post is just as important (if not more important!) than the actual content of the post. for that post the tone stood out to me

wrt to the content -

i don't know. it just kinda ~is~
i don't find much of what you said to be compelling or convincing, and like i said, a lot of it feels iioa to me. like you're summarizing his posts and trajectory more than anything else? idk.
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:and I get what CDB is going for here and reading him as bullheaded town but I'm not so sure right now especially considering where Egix decided to go instead (inactives).
Nvm the fact he manages to keep his SR on CDB and keep his vote on him
while at the same time quoting him for truth (in 165, as mentioned previously) which I find quite ironic.
i feel like u kinda assume that if egix didn't explicitly state a change of read on cdb (or doesn't unovte him) he's still reading him the same way and you use this to highlight the oddity of egix qft'ing cdb while at the same time scumreading him.
i'm not sure egix was still scumreading him in ; it doesn't quite feel like a post someone usually says to a scumread

so like i don't particularly agree with this observation, because it's based on an assumption that i don't think is necessarily true
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:Like I'm not saying scum can't have genuine scumreads but if you're not sure of who's scummy (as Egix had stated previously), you're probably not going to give as much credit to your top suspicion's scumreads.
same with this ^^^^ i don't know if cdb is still egix's top suspicion's scumread at that point, he isn't really acting like he is really
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:By this point Sash's wagon starts picking up and Egix points out in176 that he doesn't see sash as scum.
iioa
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:205 and 206 are extreme fencesitting (still no unvote from CDB), and currently read to me as someone who is trying to set up a move to an eventual Rui wagon;
fence-sitting, sure, but i can see town making those posts too
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:233 is just amazing where egix follows CDB's suggestion and moves his vote over to Rui. See how his reasoning didn't actually evolve from 205 and 206?
again, this s=isn't like impossible for town to do; town do this all the time
like yes, you can look at this from a scummy angle, but it's not an inherently scummy action
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:347 sees Egix completely drop his SR on CDB without even a single mention to that change, or where it came from. In here, the main SRs are Rui and CBY, and suddenly Urap2 shows up as "third, I guess..."

But then Egix also drops this read on Urap2 in 503
iioa + town does this
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:In the eve of these great wagons, Egix changes a read on Inferno in 603; in 702 however he leaves quite explicit that RuiRui is the "closest thing to a scumread", which seems contrarian to his opinion on Inferno which at the very least had more substance to it than the reasoning he had for ruirui.

Jump forward another 200 or so posts and in 909 you get what could be an attempt to further analyse Inferno? 910 also does the same, but it's funny because it seems to me that Egix misreads Ausuka here, as Ausuka points out soon after. Egix doesn't bother following up on this.

There is some back and forth here between Egix and Inferno which isn't really accusatory in any way and is very dialogical between one or the other (see 959, and omce again I'm left to wonder if the scumread on Inferno was also dropped without real mention.
more iioa. and why does imply that the scumread on inferno was dropped
In post 1043, Exilon wrote:In summary, Egix's reads have been made for show,
are non-commital, weak, and inconsistent between themselves.
His voting (and lack thereof) supports a scum agenda.
i still don't know if this is inherently scum-indicative really
i'm also not sure i agree with u that egix' reads ahve been made for show

so like overall i'm ehhhh about the content of this post; i don't find it very compelling. i feel like u summarize egix' iso and describe how his reads change as being scummy when i don't think it inherently is

so like idk. the content just kinda is. i can tell u put a lot of time/effort into it but like i don't agree with most of it or find it novel or an interesting approach to the game.

i do think the way you approached it looks liek the way i post as scum sometimes tho, which is why i hgihlighted that to begin with
In post 1160, skitter30 wrote:kinda want to go here

VOTE: exilon

Not liking skitter for town so far

First the main thing is a structural shift, from doing multiquotes in the early game to more doing pithy posts and then getting into 1v1 walls with exilon. Feels like she switched from presenting analysis to playing the room.

There's also a few odd repetitions -- "inferno may be town" --> "inferno is town" without a lot of development on either read as though she forgot she already said inferno town

she also repeats she's a she but doesn't call exilon out on not reading her posts immediately, even though she does come to scumread him

I don't like the 'iioa' charge in the long multi part response to 1043 and 1160 feels weird after the massive wall post in tone

even the rvs posts with the backpedal on ausuka bother me

that being said I don't hate all her reads, but this slot is maybe below garmr for me, but I'm not sure yet. I've kinda been nudging this read for a few days in my mind and I kinda don't want to go hard on skitter without being reasonably sure which I'm not sure I am, but this is toward the bottom of my list rn
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 7:58 am

Spoiler: Egix
In post 37, Egix96 wrote:
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:Skitter feels pushy
Is that meant to be in a good way or a bad way?
In post 165, Egix96 wrote:
In post 125, ChannelDelibird wrote:Feeling pretty iffy about RuiRui so far. Most of her posts so far are pretty surface-level stuff ("Inferno, you're moving too fast with your reads" without really talking about what that might mean, or "well now nobody can use that for info" after the comment about reactions to LUV) without truly engaging in anyone's alignment. Need to see more evidence of desire to actively uncover the scum rather than just reacting blandly to a random post here or there.
*Reads her ISO*

I'll admit, you're not wrong there. She does feel underwhelming compared to last game so far.
In post 176, Egix96 wrote:
In post 171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:What are your thoughts on Sash? I like Asuka’s breakdown of Sash’s vote on Bob.
I think Sasha's reasoning for voting bob is pretty reachy but I don't think it makes him scum. (meta reasons)

I'd like to see a bit more content from him before giving a full-fledged read.
In post 603, Egix96 wrote:Not so sure that inferno is town now.
In post 1063, Egix96 wrote:
In post 987, Garmr wrote:Bob is town.
In post 991, Inferno390 wrote:Yeah Bob is town here.
In post 1006, skitter30 wrote:i think bob is town
Whatever you three are seeing, I'm not seeing it...

There is one post that strikes me as slightly townie but there are a few red flags specifically irt to a red skitter flip

37 is bad for skitter associatives
165 reads slightly fake just cause I don't get the impression you actually read the iso
I'd like to know the meta reasons mentioned in 176
when did you ever say inferno was town? I feel like I missed something in 603

1063 has a slightly townie vibe tho to me tbh

I am tempted to put this in my bottom half but maybe slightly above ausuka/garmr/skitter, the slot certainly isn't oozing towniness and there's a few concerns but I think this is not today's lynch
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 am

Spoiler: Sashaddin
In post 146, Sashaddin wrote:- I'm not touching the Inferno-Exilon feud with a ten-foot pole for now.
- Garmr and I were scum partners once, he hasn't done much but I'm getting the same vibe. I'm watching this slot.
- ChannelDelibird is surprisingly coming very townie to me. I saw a couple of people voting him while skimming the thread, but after reading his ISO I couldn't tell why. Townlean for me.
- Skitter seems town.
- Bob seems nervous scum, like post 97 below
The others don't have enough posts or impact on the game yet.
In post 462, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 460, Inferno390 wrote:Sash, you’re at L-1 with 4 days left. It’s time for you to claim.
Vanilla Townie
In post 660, Sashaddin wrote:UNVOTE: Bob3141
Forgot my vote was here.
In post 661, Sashaddin wrote:Sigh
UNVOTE: URAP2
In post 811, Sashaddin wrote:
In post 805, u r a person 2 wrote:if you're town, voting ruirui is way more plus town than getting lynched.
All right, but I think she's
L-1
Intent to hammer!
In post 813, Sashaddin wrote:Brb in 30 minutes, this is fun!

I'm not terribly interested in a Sashaddin lynch today

I'm not locking him as town but there's enough tonal things here that I'm throwing in the upper half of my list

my biggest problem with his iso is 660/661 but that's enough to nudge him down for me
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I’m very curious as to where I fall in all of this.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:12 am

minor note: skitter/exilon is basically never s/s
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:19 am

Post by u r a person 2 »

Skitter is an excellent player, and I know from recent experience that she is capable of breaking the conventional wisdom regarding her scum range.

That said, if she is scum. this game, she is putting in a tremendous amount of effort. Most of what you noted as pinging you is either a personality tell from skitter, or, in the past, town tells for skitter.

Inferno's recent post about gamr's recent post was pretty spot on. I think I said earlier, if he's scum he's playing very well. I could compromise there today, but I would prefer Bob or Egix for sure
103-11 0-2
Detective Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Detective Pikachu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2019 8:21 am

Spoiler: Inferno
In post 35, Inferno390 wrote:What the heck
I have to do analysis already?
Alright, give me a moment to read slowly
Also, I highly recommend shortening my name to 390.
And I claim Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lazer Beams Out of It’s Ass.
In post 36, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Exilon
I’m off-put by the tone here. Seems weird.
Skitter feels pushy
Sash feels reachy
Egix is NAI I think
In post 79, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: UR 2
UR2 ISO

40 almost feels more naked than Ausuka. Like it’s trying to look clothed when it is.
42 is pulling associations that aren’t even there. Me saying that I think Egix’s vote is NAI, especially when it’s clearly an RVS post, may be AI for me, but it certainly does not tie me to Egix on my own.
74: How is my post redirecting anybody, and saying that Egix and I’s conversation “went nowhere” is baloney.
75 is an attempt to vaguely defend Bob for no apparent reason.I don’t like that.
76 is your basic mudslinging.
78: First is my posting style and NAI, second is not simply “shade,”. It’s laying out my thoughts and sorting people, and I am not dismissing the reads on Egix, third, where else were you expecting that conversation to go on my end and where did I ever say I was now town reading skitter. I can scumread more than two people at a time.

In other words, this is caught scum. Help me with pressure guys.
In post 88, Inferno390 wrote:Okay, I want to rethink my stance on skitter now that there’s not a million things on my mind. She’s not nearly as pushy as I first thought. I think that what caught my attention is this:

This post feels weird and self aware. Coming out of a scumgame myself, this sounds like something I would say. (You know what I’m talking about Rui and Egix, the whole parroting thing.) But asa whole it doesn’t read as bad as I thought it did on first glance.
In [url=https://forum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10896569#p10896569]post 18[/url], skitter30 wrote:

This feels a lot worse than the above. It doesn’t feel like an honest defense from Ausuka. And it feels like a very aggressive defense too. Don’t really like that.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10903031#p10903031]post 177[/url], Inferno390 wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=10902777#p10902777]post 159[/url], u r a person 2 wrote:have you guys read sashadin's iso? Way better vote than exilon who is probably not trying to powerscum in the first ten pages and who is taking oddball views on things than the rest of the thread

VOTE: sashaddin

egix still scummy i think

inferno probably town

skitter probably town
This does not feel like natrual progression.
What happened to my being Egix’s partner?

Inferno is toward the middle for me

The early iso is kinda scummy, not lockscum scummy but 35 and 36 are not townie, and 79 doesn't immediately feel like a townie post

I feel like early game scumreads on this slot were above average to come from town

88 and 177 though are very slightly townie. the slot improving over time doesn't always make the slot town

probably don't want this for today's lynch tho

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”