Mini Normal 2099 | Newbie Quotes | GAME OVER

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #550  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:09 am

before that, like when you posted it
that's why i was more interested in elements than you

also it's a little icky to bring irl into the game; i believe spam when he says he has vla and we don't have to bring that into his scumminess/towniness imo
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #551  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:10 am

like you were being scummy and partner-y with elements but i had seen the crumb so i figured that if you/elements was a thing it'd make more sense to start with elements just in case
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #552  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:11 am

and i can't like ignore scumminess altogether because i saw a crumb but like i can try not to lol-force a pr to claim when there are other scummy people i could be pushing instead
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

Tchill13
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #553  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:14 am

I don't understand why Aaron thinks I as a PR want someone to see my crumb?

If anything it's an obscure crumb. So obscure that I think it's obvious my intent was for nobody to notice. I could have crumbed differently had I wanted someone else (scum apparently) to notice. At that point I'd be too worried about being the NK anyway.

NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #554  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:38 pm

In post 533, Hectic wrote:@Spam:
That's unfortunate, but as long no one fucking hammers early today, it should be all good.
So it doesn't specify you can't self-heal in your role PM?

Why Elements?

I thought elements was town. I only changed my mind when Ivthoight he was pocketibg me.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #555  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:39 pm

In post 534, AaronFrost wrote:Couple questions for Spam.

1) Did you notice Tchill's crumb D1? If so, what did you think about it initially?

2) What's been your general approach to this game? Looking through your ISO, I'm struggling to find much town motivation from your play so far.

3) This one's more of a question for everyone I guess but is it standard for doc role PMs to say that you can't target yourself? I know there are some variations where the doc can target himself, but isn't it assumed that you can't in most cases?

1. No

2. I just haven't had much motivation at all. That's often true up to lylo for me.
Show

NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #556  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:40 pm

In post 541, skitter30 wrote:
In post 469, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 468, Tchill13 wrote:Sweet. Keep it coming ppl.

skit's on weekend v/la, so we won't get a claim soon


i'm vt

Well now things get spicy.
Show

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #557  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:40 pm

In post 554, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 533, Hectic wrote:@Spam:
That's unfortunate, but as long no one fucking hammers early today, it should be all good.
So it doesn't specify you can't self-heal in your role PM?

Why Elements?

I thought elements was town. I only changed my mind when Ivthoight he was pocketibg me.

So it doesn't specify you can't self-heal in your role PM?

NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 29, 2019
Pronoun: He

Post Post #558  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:42 pm

In post 542, skitter30 wrote:
In post 472, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 166, Tchill13 wrote:2 wagons at L-1 before page 8. Doesn't surprise me that neither has went through, I highly doubt this one does. Other than frost azure can't pinpoint a reason for any vote. Can't really look too much into RVS votes imo, I mean I don't think either wagon has had good reason tbh because reapers and azures blew up for little to no reason.


OK so I'm 2 shot doc and here's my crumb. First letter of every sentence is "2DOC" as in 2 shot doc. So NotMySpamAccount is scum.

I targeted hectic n1 and Aaron n2.

VOTE: NotMySpamAccount


i actually spotted this at the time ^

i was kinda suspicious of tchill for parts of the game (in particular he felt partner-y with elements), but i never really went hard after him because this was in the back of my mind and if he *was* a doc i didn't want to force him to out unnecessarily

also i think that 2shot doc kinda fits better with 3shot rb than indecisive doc; it feels more ~symmetric~ if that makes sense

It's also an easier fakeclaim. If skit is telling the truth about vt, then the second pr ought to be more powerful. Indecisive doc is, so that's points for mine.

Pedit no, ms standard is that docs can't self heal, so that's never in role pms.
Show

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #559  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Well that's kinda fucking unexpected.
If Skitter's a VT, does one of these docs and a 3-shot roleblocker make this setup balanced?
Like what would that make scum? A rolecop and a goon?
I suppose Tchill and Spam is confirmed not TvT though, because scum could've quick-lynched for the win.

Tchill's claim does fit better having seen Azure's claim, and he did crumb it before we saw Azure's flip.

@skitter: Why am I scum over Aaron? Like give specifics.

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #560  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:46 pm

In post 558, NotMySpamAccount wrote:It's also an easier fakeclaim. If skit is telling the truth about vt, then the second pr ought to be more powerful. Indecisive doc is, so that's points for mine.

Pedit no, ms standard is that docs can't self heal, so that's never in role pms.

Alright, time to fucking go back through Saladman's previous games and see what he usually does as mod.

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #561  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Well, shit.
I think this is Saladman's first time modding.
Wouldn't have guessed since his votecounts and the newbie quote flavour have been on point (this is me pocketing you).

Tchill13
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #562  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:57 pm

It specifically says I'm not allowed to self heal, just double checked. I don't see how ppl don't specify that anyway due to new players coming the the site.

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #563  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:00 pm

In post 558, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 542, skitter30 wrote:
In post 472, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 166, Tchill13 wrote:2 wagons at L-1 before page 8. Doesn't surprise me that neither has went through, I highly doubt this one does. Other than frost azure can't pinpoint a reason for any vote. Can't really look too much into RVS votes imo, I mean I don't think either wagon has had good reason tbh because reapers and azures blew up for little to no reason.


OK so I'm 2 shot doc and here's my crumb. First letter of every sentence is "2DOC" as in 2 shot doc. So NotMySpamAccount is scum.

I targeted hectic n1 and Aaron n2.

VOTE: NotMySpamAccount


i actually spotted this at the time ^

i was kinda suspicious of tchill for parts of the game (in particular he felt partner-y with elements), but i never really went hard after him because this was in the back of my mind and if he *was* a doc i didn't want to force him to out unnecessarily

also i think that 2shot doc kinda fits better with 3shot rb than indecisive doc; it feels more ~symmetric~ if that makes sense

It's also an easier fakeclaim. If skit is telling the truth about vt, then the second pr ought to be more powerful. Indecisive doc is, so that's points for mine.

Pedit no, ms standard is that docs can't self heal, so that's never in role pms.


I think yours is slightly more powerful, but i think azure was meant to be the invest (at least, once one scum dies they are) - like thid is basically a modified jk setup, i think, with town having limited ability to protect the rb

Scum probably have a minor invest of some sort, like shot-limited rolecop or something
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

Tchill13
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #564  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 pm

The only person that hadn't claimed b4 NotMySpamAccount was skitter I believe. So "points me" or however he said it.

I like the claim from NotMySpamAccount. The indecisive adds a spice to it that makes it more believable. I just think you were unlucky because there's an actual protective.

You also are on the original azure wagon. You had seen that me and hectic had claimed vt by the time you claimed protective. This would have given you higher cred than me or hectic and you could have focused on one of our lynches. I'll have to go back and check which way it seems like you were about to push.

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #565  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 pm

In post 559, Hectic wrote:@skitter: Why am I scum over Aaron? Like give specifics.


You pushed both the mislynches + aaron is just obvtown
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

Tchill13
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #566  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:02 pm

In post 465, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Well this isn't a fun lylo. At least and probably only 1 scum in {Hectic, Tchill}, and Aaron as the other probably. I'm Town Indecisive Doctor. I can't protect the same person 2 nights in a row. I'd rather not claim who I've protected for obvious reasons.

In post 467, NotMySpamAccount wrote:Yeah by poe, aaron is almost certainly scum.


Lol look at this.

Tchill13
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #567  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:03 pm

You claim protective then push either me or hectic as scum with Aaron.

The main difference between me/you/hectic being that you'd "presumably" be the protective.

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #568  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:06 pm

So I'm not really familiar with this fucking "mafiascum wiki", but I went and had a good look at the Normal Game page.
And it does say shit like:

"If you are moderating on mafiascum.net in the Newbie, Open, or Normal queues, your game must follow the appropriate guidelines below."
and
"All flavor should be public; flavor is not allowed in Role PMs. Role names should be standard, or non-flavored if original."
-though this more about flavour.

A standard doctor PM according to the Doctor page looks like this:

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Doctor.

Abilities:
    Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.

Win condition:
    You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Like how fucking likely is it that Saladman would include the "can't self-target" thing in the role PM.
Fuck, I hate playing mod WIFOM but I feel like this shouldn't be ignored.

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #569  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:07 pm

In post 565, skitter30 wrote:
In post 559, Hectic wrote:@skitter: Why am I scum over Aaron? Like give specifics.

You pushed both the mislynches + aaron is just obvtown

Why is Aaron fucking Frost obvtown?

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #570  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:11 pm

In post 569, Hectic wrote:
In post 565, skitter30 wrote:
In post 559, Hectic wrote:@skitter: Why am I scum over Aaron? Like give specifics.

You pushed both the mislynches + aaron is just obvtown

Why is Aaron fucking Frost obvtown?


It's just been, well, obvious for most of the game

He's arguing in good faith, he's reconsidering things when he ought to, his thoughts are internally consistent, he's been making astute observations

What do u think is scummy exactly ?
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

Tchill13
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: March 17, 2017
Pronoun: He

Post Post #571  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:13 pm

In post 568, Hectic wrote:So I'm not really familiar with this fucking "mafiascum wiki", but I went and had a good look at the Normal Game page.
And it does say shit like:

"If you are moderating on mafiascum.net in the Newbie, Open, or Normal queues, your game must follow the appropriate guidelines below."
and
"All flavor should be public; flavor is not allowed in Role PMs. Role names should be standard, or non-flavored if original."
-though this more about flavour.

A standard doctor PM according to the Doctor page looks like this:

Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Town Doctor.

Abilities:
    Each night phase, you may attempt to protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.

Win condition:
    You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Like how fucking likely is it that Saladman would include the "can't self-target" thing in the role PM.
Fuck, I hate playing mod WIFOM but I feel like this shouldn't be ignored.


Yeah it'd be pretty stupid of me to check the same wiki you have as scum and then double down on the fact that in my PM it specifically stated I can't self target.

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #572  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:17 pm

@skitter:

Haven't actually bothered ISOing Aaron/rereading the game yet.

Also his lack of a stance on Tchill/Spam after their claims until I really had to fucking push him to give some opinions on it.
Though the opinions he finally did give were good.

skitter30
Moment of Brilliance
 
User avatar
Joined: March 26, 2017
Location: EST
Pronoun: She

Post Post #573  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:20 pm

In post 572, Hectic wrote:@skitter:

Haven't actually bothered ISOing Aaron/rereading the game yet.

Also his lack of a stance on Tchill/Spam after their claims until I really had to fucking push him to give some opinions on it.
Though the opinions he finally did give were good.


Idk
I can understand wanting to take some time to sort out the pr mess

From my pov there's one scum in tchill/spam and one in you/aaron and between the two of you aaron is about 45 times townier
Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead. ~ NMSA

Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal ~ slaxx

Hectic
Water Slide Tester
 
User avatar
Joined: June 30, 2019
Location: Emerald Hill Zone
Pronoun: He

Post Post #574  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:21 pm

I'm really stalking Saladman's profile now (you seem like an awesome guy), but I think I'm gonna disregard this as pointless mod-WIFOM unless I can find anything more substantial.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games