.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Because if he is scum here he will be completely honest with you :)
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

That’s one time I wish it wasn’t a page top.
<(") | (")>
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1821, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1812, Farkran wrote:I think you have been propagandistic and provocative
Quotes? I think he's been pretty normal Menalque.
, but his whole ISO, really. I didn't have this experience with Menalque in Newbie 1951.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1824, Farkran wrote:If you have questions about that specific game, my scum strategy or anything else, ask me any time.
Okay, what are your town and scum mentalities, and what in this game are you doing differently than you would be as scum?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:33 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1812, Farkran wrote: After a few irl days into d2 though, i started to reconsider your slot for multiple reasons, one of which i can't talk about but you should know what i mean
(this sentence should be acceptable as of these rules, otherwise please redact it)
. Other reasons include the fact that you are one of the few slots who are willing to actually participate in this game - d2 looks worse than d1 so far in terms of inactivity, and trying to advance the gamestate now sounds more genuine than what you did back then.
This is also true though.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:36 am

In[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11389334#p11389334]post 1827[/url], Farkran wrote: , but his whole ISO, really. I didn't have this experience with Menalque in Newbie 1951.
Your posts in that quoted exchange were way more provocative than his imo.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:37 am

Like it looked like he only started to freak out at you after you freaked out at him.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1828, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1824, Farkran wrote:If you have questions about that specific game, my scum strategy or anything else, ask me any time.
Okay, what are your town and scum mentalities, and what in this game are you doing differently than you would be as scum?
I think the main difference between my townplay and my scumplay is the level of knowledge i can display in the day thread. I am a very active player as both alignments, so (i think) you can't point me out for lurking or ellitells. Being a heavy associative-reliant player, i try my best to avoid associative potential with my partner, but having only one scumgame i'm not sure how efficient i am in that department. I am highly inquisitive as both alignments, but i believe as scum i often fall to TMI with my reads - i tend to bus more than i would like to. My strategy during 1958 was to keep a justified scumlean of my partner ever since gamestart, which ultimately helped me have a smooth progression on him when he was lynched in d2. I am indeed very anxious when it comes to my scumpartners, because i feel the burden of having them lose the game because of my bad play - as such, i tend to forcefully calm my tone in the daythread while planning my posts and venting in the PT.

As town, reaction tests, VCA and associatives are my scumhunting tools, and ofc i try to fake them as scum. I am not that much reliant on player progressions, especially in the early days, unless there's something that really stands out (such as emps/QC/Saurus in Newb-1960).

Of course, being aware of what i said in this post means that i can probably fake the contrary, but i expect you to verify these checks and metadive me properly. Games i played on this site: Newbie 1951, 1958, 1960. I have never been a VT.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:01 am

Post by Farkran »

What i am doing differently in this game as town - this is a tricky question. This is my first Normal game, and not knowing the setup is a huge setback when questioning other players. Being scum would be way easier and less frustrating. If i were scum, i would also probably pick "bad town" candidates for lylo and lock-null them, only to change my read of them when it's convenient to and push for their mislynch. Being in a leading position within the townbloc helps greatly with this strategy - if i were scum, i would likely not N1K tchill as he was very active and trusting me quite heavily, meaning i would probably have established a stronger position in d2 rather than falling into this mess where nobody listens to me. That is, unless he was a serious threat to my scumteam (mainly sheeps).
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:05 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1830, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1827, Farkran wrote: , but his whole ISO, really. I didn't have this experience with Menalque in Newbie 1951.
Your posts in that quoted exchange were way more provocative than his imo.
I guess our definitions of "provocative and manipulative" greatly differ. Menalque entered the game ~24h to deadline and put his ass over his head to push a new wagon without even having a full catchup. He literally made over 150 post in less than 24 hours to achieve that lynch on garmr. If that isn't an aggressive entrance, please tell me what is.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:17 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

Something that pinged me about you (Farkran) was that you were asking for lynch pools in an attempt to find the most generally scum read players. I don't get the town mentality behind that (or menal's proposed sheep deal either).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:18 am

It was aggressive, but it wasn't manipulative. He certainly wasn't making any secret of what he was trying to accomplish.
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:24 am

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

In post 1836, Something_Smart wrote:It was aggressive, but it wasn't manipulative. He certainly wasn't making any secret of what he was trying to accomplish.
Consider from scum!fark POV: he tries to get menal lynched, as menal is the other major poster in the game. When that doesn't work, he fishes for a new push that
will
gain traction, and starts to mend fences with menal.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 am

Post by Farkran »

Speaking of N1K...

@sheeps, why are you townleaning PP? You seem to have extremely limited interactions with him, yet you've placed him "above null" during d1 and this doesn't seem to have changed during d2. You don't seem very committed to today's wagons, and you are also way less active than you were in d1. PP seems to be defending you fairly often, despite his post .

Also, i don't think is true. I just realized this when i was writing my NKA: tchill was specifically the best kill for scum!sheeps, while it was awful for {fark, egix, bob} individually. As i just said, Tchill was a very active player and outside the garmr wagon, which made him a good kill target, but i think what made him die over me (equally active, outside garmr wagon and quite widely townread) is because i was townreading sheeps.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 am

You do realize that scum have an easier way to remove problems from the game than lynching them...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:28 am

(@Rabid)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 am

I kinda feel like PP's been coasting btw.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1835, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:Something that pinged me about you (Farkran) was that you were asking for lynch pools in an attempt to find the most generally scum read players. I don't get the town mentality behind that (or menal's proposed sheep deal either).
I asked that to make a recap of the gamestate, because we were going nowhere. Also, what does this reasoning lead you? That i would have conveniently voted the widely scumread players? I just voted PP over flubber, several posts ago, because i really think we must lynch inside the garmr wagon, not outside.
In post 1837, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:
In post 1836, Something_Smart wrote:It was aggressive, but it wasn't manipulative. He certainly wasn't making any secret of what he was trying to accomplish.
Consider from scum!fark POV: he tries to get menal lynched, as menal is the other major poster in the game. When that doesn't work, he fishes for a new push that
will
gain traction, and starts to mend fences with menal.
See my recent post about tchill - he's dead and he's still 3rd in the activity meter.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Farkran »

VOTE: sheeps

I think {sheeps, PP} is a team but sheeps has probably more individual scum equity due to N1K.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:35 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1841, Something_Smart wrote:I kinda feel like PP's been coasting btw.
I'm trying not to interact with one of the major posters too much. Sorries.
<(") | (")>
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 1810, Menalque wrote:But mostly can we get some momentum going somewhere because we have like 3 days left until deadline and I don’t particularly want it to be a clusterfuck this time
You fine with me staying where I am?
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:24 am

Post by bob3141 »

My reads based on game dynamic leave me beleiving that flubber, egix and sheep have higest scum equity

We have two claimed masons and I belive their claims as I was town reading smart before his claim. Baring any more pr claims that would leave it clear that either they are lying or the new pr claims would be false. So for now i concider the wagons on luv and smart to be town players that have each got wagon of 4.

We have egix, sheep and farkum on smart
flubber, pp, rapid and farkum- on luv
With rapid PP and sheep shwoing up on garms wagon. Im town reading menal and not quite sure what to make of ben.

We also have the egix wagon that has flubber,sheep and PP
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:25 am

Post by bob3141 »

With pp being just behind as well.

So from a start of Flubber,egix, sheep and pp. Lookign closer at teh different wagons
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:33 am

Post by bob3141 »

We have flubber that was just sitting on luv for upto 5 days before teh deadline. Although he did say lets do luv flash lynch there was not much realy behind it after that point. All he did after that was either defend his own luv vote with out actualy laying out a scum case. In response to players saying his vote was opportunistic all he come up with was that he was first. Although he was mkaing a vote on player for no other reason than luv is a lurker in all alignments. And although before hsi vote he did interact with luv at point did he actual try to question luv about his actions. What is there just looks like an argument over approaches to teh game
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:34 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 308, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 302, bob3141 wrote:
In post 86, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: egix

Fuck L1 someone needs to bring this to intent

So are you still happy with your vote being on egix as you never gave a reason for your revote of teh player you rvs voted. Cant see you mention egix at all after. Do you still scum read him, if so what are your reasons. What do you believe you ahve seen that shows you he is likely scum.
I honestly am

I don't see anyone acting particularly scummy in the actives rn so the best course of action still looks to be randing a lurker
Then you have his response to my queston where he out rigth says he has no scum reads. And just wants to lynch a lurker. Which looks to me like scum wanting a easy lynch as they are having hard time coming up with any fake reads

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”