Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by Churros »

About the setup, it's very town sided but not outright impossible to win, and that's RC philosophy about setups either way.

I might need to join the NRG to try to fight those setups and make them more 60/40 or 50/50...
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by Churros »

Although...I'm glad we lost in hindsight.

If I had win here, I would only be more burdened to keep my winning streak as wolf, but I feel lighter now if I don't need to play so hard in my next games.

In doubles mafia I kept talking with Jingle for around 3 hours in discord before replacing because I was very scared of mastina being scum and I needing to put effort there as mafia...

When I received "you're a VT", It was like xmas had come early there (not a pun in hindsight).
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3110, Taly wrote:
In post 3109, Paragon wrote:Sorry, Taly!

Should've paid more mind to your earlier towncases.
You largely contributed to town's win in the end, and subverted my expectations on how you're willing to evaluate a game at different angles.

Yes, my frustration with the playerlist was genuine, but you solved the game the best way you understood under the circumstances.

So, even if we weren't on the same page through most of the game, it worked out and I'm giving you more credit now than I did. :)
u need to chill out
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:12 am

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

The only sound is the soft clicking of my feet as I climb the steps. The Crystal Tower rises before me, piercing the night sky. Although I can't see it very well, there's no mistaking the slight hue as it lights up the Crystarium. I can't help but turn around, looking up towards the sky that my eyes cannot perceive, knowing that the primordial light has been extinguished and only leaving the stars behind.

"Y'shtola, is there something wrong?" rings out from behind me. I look back towards the figure and see the unmistakable aura of Alphinaud, several steps above and looking back towards me.

"No," I respond, before glancing back towards the sky once more. "I'm just reminiscing, I suppose, about Runar and the others." He had been rather upset when I told him that I was going to be leaving, but the Night's Blessed had otherwise been in high spirits ever since the night sky returned to them. Indeed, this was a familiar sight all across Norvrandt ever since we killed the final Lightwarden. The only Sin Eaters remaining have mostly scattered, and the Crystarium Guard had found little trouble in slaying the ones they came across.

"They'll be fine. More importantly, we have to get home," was the boy's response. I nodded and began to walk once more, Alphinaud holding pace besides me as I passed him.

Soon enough, we reached the top of the steps and approached the guard in front of the entrance. He nodded and stepped aside, having already known who we are and where we're going. It similarly takes little time to reach the Ocular, having again made the trip several times over the past few years.

By the time we reach the Ocular proper, the others had already settled in. The Exarch stands opposite the room, facing the rest of us. Urianger's large form stands next to him, having been the one to summon us all here in the first place. He had been assisting with finding a method to send us home for some months now, and it appeared he had finally made a breakthrough. Alisaie stands to one side, with Thancred and Ryne on the other.

"Ah, there you are," the Exarch states as Alphinaud and I walk torward to complete the makeshift circle. He gives us a smile before turning to Urianger. "We've successfully found the method to send you all back to your home, in the Source. The Warrior of Darkness, or perhaps I should start calling them the Warrior of Light, has already gone on to welcome you all home. But I would speak before you all leave."

I fold my arms as the man speaks. Despite his intentions and knowing his true identity, I still felt incredulous at his intentions. He had been needlessly secretive about his intentions throughout our fight against the Sin Eaters, and such people I cannot ever fully trust.

"Norvrandt extends to you all a debt that can never be repaid for saving our star," the Exarch continues, giving us a grateful bow. "I know you are all eager to get back to your own world, to fight the war that you had been waging before being summoned here."

"And you're quite certain that this won't result in a calamity?" I asked.

He smiles back towards me once more. "With the crisis averted on Norvrandt, no. You have prevented the rejoining from happening, so the excess light will no longer be a problem on your world. Rest assured that I will do my utmost to prevent the Sin Eaters from gaining a foothold in Norvrandt again."

I nodded, deciding to believe his answer. Urianger steps forward at that moment, holding up the crystal he had explained would harbor our souls for the trip to the Source. I didn't hear what he had said, instead letting my mind wander to the events of the past several years, and the disbelief at the relative lack of time that had passed in our own world.

However, it was not all in vain. Our future had been saved, and our departure from the fight to save our own had been the price we had to pay. I could only hope that our historic turn into winning the war hadn't been necessarily because of our presence, since preventing a calamity would ultimately become meaningless.

As my consciousness began becoming stretched and pulled towards the crystal, I could think only one last thought.

I hope we were not too late.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 1:34 am

Post by Churros »

Annoying Warriors of Light. We, Sin Eaters, shall have our revenge somewhere else, even if in an alternative universe.

Mark my words, priest Yshtola.

Darkness and Sin shall consume this beautiful world one day, and in our darkest hours, every living being will be brought on their knees, posting ugandan memes with tears falling down their cheeks, and cringely asking around if someone knows the way.

In that moment, all shall regret they were born.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2020 11:16 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 3129, Churros wrote:Annoying Warriors of Light. We, Sin Eaters, shall have our revenge somewhere else, even if in an alternative universe.

Mark my words, priest Yshtola.

Darkness and Sin shall consume this beautiful world one day, and in our darkest hours, every living being will be brought on their knees, posting ugandan memes with tears falling down their cheeks, and cringely asking around if someone knows the way.

In that moment, all shall regret they were born.
Sin Eater!

The Ascians may seek to hold our star accountable for the crimes of the past, but life will persevere! The Scions of the Seventh Dawn will fight to keep you and your ilk from your free reign over the land, feasting upon the aether that gives the land life. None may know the calamity that you would bring upon all of us. This I vow, for only those who would sacrifice the lives of all for the sake of their own long forgotten people would truly desire such an outcome.

I welcome your attempts at retribution. We will turn away such attacks, repel the life leeching light that would put our star into jeopardy. We will prevent the calamity and restore the star you would leave empty and barren.

Remain uneasy, corrupted one. You will not succeed.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2020 2:06 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Taly »

Man! I was copped since the beginning. D:

This possibility didn't really cross my mind due to mental fatigue and the constant 1v1s...
Blake
had the best understanding of my game. I played the way I did mostly to draw out nightkills, when that didn't work - and my towncases got mislynched, I started flying off the rails.

Churrros
, if we play in the future, I'd prefer us to be the same alignment LOL. You effectively buddied me, and when I found that out with your flip, that was the final straw for me tbh.

The replace-out was never strategic, all personal, just clarifying that.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”