Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Klick »

I think they're both completely plausible scum, and that's largely a result of eyestott's inactivity + votato's inexperience.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Paragon »

Dolly or Fwensid also don't comment at all on Drew's case on votato, or any of the followups.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:49 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 241, eyestott wrote:Hey all, so sorry for my inactivity. My dad has something called ‘cerebral thinning’ in his frontal lobe or something which may be why he’s been showing symptoms of aphasia semi-recently. I’ve been inactive on the site as a whole for the past few days, so please don’t view this as strategic lurking.

I’ll be spending some time on this game tomorrow when I wake up. If you have anything you specifically want me to address, please fire away.
@mod: please respond to my PM!
I think the "please respond to my PM" here is less likely to be faked by scum. I think scum would probably be a little guilty about sending unwarranted shade at the mod?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 1450, Klick wrote:I think they're both completely plausible scum, and that's largely a result of eyestott's inactivity + votato's inexperience.
I'm back to leaning votato now...

When can I get off this polandball?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:03 am

Post by votato »

ugh i wish i had been lynched earlier. im gonna feel really bad if town loses because of me
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Klick »

It's worth noting that the last scum is likely to be a PR. Meaning eyestott could have legitimately had a question about his role.

I think I'm leaning KAAG at the moment
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:36 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

In post 1455, Klick wrote:It's worth noting that the last scum is likely to be a PR. Meaning eyestott could have legitimately had a question about his role.

Could you explain why to me?

You had it spot on here:
In post 1389, Klick wrote:These sorts of things shouldn't require a long explanation that can be fabricated with a large amount of time. If you're town, you had a thought process, and it doesn't take long to give it.

VOTE: votato
What have you seen in my predecessor or my actions that is worse? I do understand Eyestott's claim "style" was nonsense. I don't know what else is making you think this though.
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:05 am

In post 1447, Klick wrote:KAAG do you have any town games where you made it to LyLo? I've gone looking and can't find any
I'm afraid I have been scum here more often than averages dictate I should have been.

I have only been in LyLo/MyLo as scum on site, before this game. :(

I could go digging for old games on other forums, I might do that this evening if I have time. I can't promise, work has been a shitstorm today. But these games will be years old, when I was younger and probably more full of piss-and-vinegar.
force
you to be right...
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by votato »

tin foil hat time: what if KAAG really is 1-shot BP, and thats why scum thought that would be a good claim. that would even explain the exact question asked of the mod. i havent thought about it enough to really know if it makes sense.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:33 pm

In post 1458, votato wrote:tin foil hat time: what if KAAG really is 1-shot BP, and thats why scum thought that would be a good claim. that would even explain the exact question asked of the mod. i havent thought about it enough to really know if it makes sense.
No tin-foil hat required. KAAG is a town 1xBP 1xWatcher.

That's a pretty strange post.
force
you to be right...
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Klick »

Scum 1-shot BP wouldn't make much sense in this setup.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:37 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1456, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:
In post 1455, Klick wrote:It's worth noting that the last scum is likely to be a PR. Meaning eyestott could have legitimately had a question about his role.

Could you explain why to me?

You had it spot on here:
In post 1389, Klick wrote:These sorts of things shouldn't require a long explanation that can be fabricated with a large amount of time. If you're town, you had a thought process, and it doesn't take long to give it.

VOTE: votato
What have you seen in my predecessor or my actions that is worse? I do understand Eyestott's claim "style" was nonsense. I don't know what else is making you think this though.
Frankly - and I apologise for this - this game is going to mostly come down to 'is votato town?' for me. I've looked over your slot several times at this point and come back with minimal conclusions either way. Votato is the far more telling slot.
My initial impression of votato upon coming into this game was 'obvious town', and although he's done some really questionable things in the later parts of the game, I do think there's a reason I came to that conclusion early on.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:48 pm

OK, thanks for clarifying.

Your conclusion though, is wrong. When evidence (his questionable things) does not fit the early hypothesis (he is town), you really should change the hypothesis.

I don't mean to be patronising, I expect you fully understand that at face value. I imagine you are saying is "in my opinion, his questionable actions weren't questionable enough to shake my read". No apology neccessary there, but that opinion will lose the game.

It gets harder for scum as the game goes on, in my experience. Which explains why the questionable stuff came later. I mean...it was *bound* to come after the claims, and not before, right?

Having said that, I read votato as scum straight after replacing in, and that was based on a catch-up. So I don't even agree with the initial assessment. :( I know, I'd say that as either alignment.

I'd like to win, but more importantly, I want to make sure I keep the promise I made to Pete to try. I think I've done that to the best of my ability.
force
you to be right...
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:51 pm

Based on a *completed* game of his I have perused, I don't think votato is that newbie. I think he is newish to the game of Mafia, but I think despite his writing style, he is a very smart guy. If you're giving him a pass on some things due to "clueless newbieness", that is a mistake.
force
you to be right...
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:13 am

Post by votato »

Despite my writing style? Wow whachu tryna say?
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:33 am

;) No disrespect intended.
force
you to be right...
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:54 am

Post by votato »

this would have been my first scum game. compare my play here to my play in animals upick (my first scum game). there i died almost right away and was lucky not to be the day 1 lynch.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:05 am

Newbie 2004 is the game to which I was referring. I wasn't commenting on your play, more your posts in the dead thread, which certainly did not come across as "bumbling newbie".
force
you to be right...
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 am

Post by votato »

In post 1467, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:Newbie 2004 is the game to which I was referring. I wasn't commenting on your play, more your posts in the dead thread, which certainly did not come across as "bumbling newbie".
i was town in that game, but my talk in that dead thread was mostly mechanics-related, which comes purely from the wiki and my own experience playing town on the site. that was also posted less than a week ago, while this game began a long time ago, when i was a bumbling newbie. some would say that im still a bumbling newbie now. comparing my play when i was new to my recent posting in a dead thread is rather disingenuous of you. Like i said, a better comparison would be this game (which began on Apr 25) to animals upick (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82907, began april 30th). In animals upick i bumbled about and was almost instantly caught as scum. My scum mates were able to save me by giving me a convincing fake-claim, but i still was the day 2 lynch. Compare that to this game where my play far more closely resembles my town game.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 1458, votato wrote:tin foil hat time: what if KAAG really is 1-shot BP, and thats why scum thought that would be a good claim. that would even explain the exact question asked of the mod. i havent thought about it enough to really know if it makes sense.
Thought about it any more to see if it would make sense? What purpose would that solve?

I kinda agree with Klicks, votato's response to me after I cased him was very towny in tone too. Could look at his early game here and compare it to Animals, that should be useful.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by votato »

In post 1469, Paragon wrote:
Thought about it any more to see if it would make sense? What purpose would that solve?

I kinda agree with Klicks, votato's response to me after I cased him was very towny in tone too. Could look at his early game here and compare it to Animals, that should be useful.
i dont think it makes sense? theres no evidence that saladman did other fucky things with the roles.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:49 pm

In post 1468, votato wrote:
In post 1467, KickAssAndGiggle wrote:Newbie 2004 is the game to which I was referring. I wasn't commenting on your play, more your posts in the dead thread, which certainly did not come across as "bumbling newbie".
i was town in that game, but my talk in that dead thread was mostly mechanics-related, which comes purely from the wiki and my own experience playing town on the site. that was also posted less than a week ago, while this game began a long time ago, when i was a bumbling newbie. some would say that im still a bumbling newbie now. comparing my play when i was new to my recent posting in a dead thread is rather disingenuous of you. Like i said, a better comparison would be this game (which began on Apr 25) to animals upick (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=82907, began april 30th). In animals upick i bumbled about and was almost instantly caught as scum. My scum mates were able to save me by giving me a convincing fake-claim, but i still was the day 2 lynch. Compare that to this game where my play far more closely resembles my town game.
So you learnt from your mistakes. Wise indeed. Nobody will call you a bumbling newbie after this game. :) Whether they eventually see through it or not.

With nothing more than tone, you've given them a terrible time in this MyLo! It's impressive. I watched the only person I sensibly could, waited for your scum move which made it a 1v1, and reminded them of your fake claim. And your neck isn't in a noose!

So no...newbie no more. I wouldn't play scum the way you have but it's working for you, so kudos!

PEdit: do newbies do sensible setup discussion? Do they have the experiece? Just asking... ;)

I don't think my role is that odd, or unheard of. You are probably a mafia rolecop, or an x-shot RB. That's my best guess. Respect my authoritah in the aftermath if I'm bang on there! :) Long time ago but we had a JK on D1 so you must have some power.
force
you to be right...
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by votato »

newbies dont really do setup spec, newbie games are semi-open. also, that game started after this one, so theres no way i could have possibly learned from that game and brought it here. my early game here should be as obviously scum as that one, maybe more. youre right that since there's a JK you probably have something stronger than just BP. maybe you're ascetic or something? did anyone claim an action that resolved on you with confirmation?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Vote count 6.3 (unchanged)votato (1): KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle (1): votato

With 4 alive, it takes 3 votes to hammer.

Deadline is 3:00 PM PST on the 19th, in (expired on 2020-06-19 18:00:00).
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:34 pm

In post 1472, votato wrote:newbies dont really do setup spec, newbie games are semi-open. also, that game started after this one, so theres no way i could have possibly learned from that game and brought it here. my early game here should be as obviously scum as that one, maybe more. youre right that since there's a JK you probably have something stronger than just BP. maybe you're ascetic or something? did anyone claim an action that resolved on you with confirmation?
The point I'm making, and really its aimed at Klick, is that you should not be read as a newbie, but as a decent player who is capable of making plays as scum, and engaging in role discussion.

Because I think you read fairly clearly as scum, unless you give newbieness a weighting. I'm basically asking Klick to stop giving you a "newbie's leeway" and read again.
force
you to be right...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”