Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:18 am

Post by Nauci »

This was definitely one of the best games I've seen on the site. Awesome player list, awesome modding, crazy setup that was super interesting!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2448, Umlaut wrote:I can't personally unlock the review, but I've posted in the thread saying it can be unlocked.

Honestly I thought the implication with three Strongmen would be that there
wasn't
any sort of protective role. It would be a bit mean to give someone a role like Doctor if they couldn't actually heal anyone -- the sort of thing that's more fun for the mod than it is for the player. The intention with three Strongmen was just to signal that you had zero risk of a kill failing.
With the N4 vig, I considered there could be doc, but whose only power would be to prevent a bad vig kill on a single night. Kind of fit with the weakened PR theme.
dead Blair wrote:You're right, however, that power roles can sometimes behave in ways that make my scum-o-meter go berserk.
most ironic post goes to :P

I'm surprised folks in the dead thread had such a strong reaction to me not L-1ing Dunn when we only had very few posts at that point in the day. I really thought people would see it as super scummy if I allowed him to self hammer at that point. I don't even remember if everyone had even posted in the day at that point!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:29 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Ultimately, Town won because they were honest and didn't succumb to FPS (fancy play syndrome).
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2449, Nauci wrote:
In post 2425, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2423, mavsfan41 wrote:@VP: the night you took out R2R I was sooo intrigued how you’d play that scenario. Whether you’d kill the tracker or opt to kill hellbooks and argue R2R fake claimed tracker. I figured there was a decent chance you’d do that (50/50) where the more obvious choice is to kill the tracker. That’s why I did tag R2R, to potentially get R2R if he was fake claiming and claimed he tracked me. But realized if he was fake claiming, he would’ve just said he tracked you and you killed hellbooks. Did killing hellbooks over R2R and trying to say R2R was fake claiming in lylo cross your mind of how to play that? I was kinda terrified of a scenario where R2R was going to survive to lylo basically being cleared from day 3 onward.
The thought did cross my mind to try to say he was faking tracker, but it felt like I had lower odds of convincing you on that than maybe swaying hellbrooks. Would you have actually been suspicious of r2r?

I do think the setup was maybe a little unbalanced! I need to read that review thread after work.

And I totally agree with you that we goofed with the Nauci kill over Blair! Blair's copping was a huge setback for us early in the game.
It was like my first game where I got to be VT in soooooooo loooooong

Am mad about being the n1 kill still
I think you would have been dangerous to have around later in the game. You were pretty rational and honing in on Gamma.
YOUR AD HERE

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2453, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2449, Nauci wrote:
In post 2425, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2423, mavsfan41 wrote:@VP: the night you took out R2R I was sooo intrigued how you’d play that scenario. Whether you’d kill the tracker or opt to kill hellbooks and argue R2R fake claimed tracker. I figured there was a decent chance you’d do that (50/50) where the more obvious choice is to kill the tracker. That’s why I did tag R2R, to potentially get R2R if he was fake claiming and claimed he tracked me. But realized if he was fake claiming, he would’ve just said he tracked you and you killed hellbooks. Did killing hellbooks over R2R and trying to say R2R was fake claiming in lylo cross your mind of how to play that? I was kinda terrified of a scenario where R2R was going to survive to lylo basically being cleared from day 3 onward.
The thought did cross my mind to try to say he was faking tracker, but it felt like I had lower odds of convincing you on that than maybe swaying hellbrooks. Would you have actually been suspicious of r2r?

I do think the setup was maybe a little unbalanced! I need to read that review thread after work.

And I totally agree with you that we goofed with the Nauci kill over Blair! Blair's copping was a huge setback for us early in the game.
It was like my first game where I got to be VT in soooooooo loooooong

Am mad about being the n1 kill still
Well thank you!

I mean, you might be right or wrong about that, but I just get sad when I don't get to play as VT lol
I think you would have been dangerous to have around later in the game. You were pretty rational and honing in on Gamma.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

In post 2446, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah, even if you had played your role correctly I would have lied and said I never got fruit, as I had a suspicion that nothing good would come from claiming it as I voiced in the mafia pt
Haha yep. I figured. Disclaimer: I was horrible as town and I get why I survived to lylo. Being too town to not get mislynched but too anti-town to be NK’ed... BUT, boy Gamma had me pocketed. And if it wasn’t for R2R’s tracker... I wouldn’t have thought VP was scum.

@Gamma: your post about how Nauci might be scum cause she was SR’ing me off my rvs vote pocketed me super early. It was such a logical post that made too much sense to me (especially since the thoughts expressed in that post matched with what was actually going on). 223 is the post I’m referring to.

@VP: in the back of my mind, late game I was “VP can’t be scum with Dunn, that makes NO SENSE and I doubt VP is scum at all” and did actually second guess myself based on the premise you were scum. But ultimately, having a cleared hellbooks forced myself to see you as scum. But I’d be lying if I said that at least a tiny part of me was like nfw VP is scum....

ngl, you guys sorta deserved to win and I think the NK selections and allowing R2R who was confirmed town after Gamma’s flip ultimately did you in cause he was a town PR unbeknownst to you, which is pretty brutal.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Totally. I think we kept saving r2r to deal with "later" and that bit us in the butt. Had he not been a PR, I think it would have worked out as a strategy, but oh well!
YOUR AD HERE

ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Never had to crumb a PR before, so I'm quite happy with my crumbs, especially since you specifically went out looking for them and didn't spot it, which means it was just the right amount of subtle.

You fought hard VP, I suspected you at the very start, and then you won me over to thinking you were town until the very end
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Umlaut »

The Review PT is now publicly accessible.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Thanks for sharing! Interesting we almost didn't have daytalk as an oversight haha.
YOUR AD HERE

mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:24 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

@VP: you were solid as scum with no associates other than the awkward busses on Gamma and Dunn. So solid in fact that in day 5 I voted hellbooks off the bat due to process of elimination: cause R2R was confirmed town to me, Dunn’s push invalidated votato as a possible scum partner, and cause NFW VP was scum. Obviously the Dunn push on votato was less of a town tell than your overall actions during the game that I ended up helping lynch votato.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”