he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2400, hellbooks wrote:this is my nightmare scenario
i'll do some thinking tonight lmao
The irony of the least decisive player needing to decide this game hasn't been lost on me. :lol:

I believe in you hellbrooks! Do it for justice!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2399, mavsfan41 wrote:He’s got the same poor voting record as me.
My guy...this is not even close to an accurate fact.

Vote counts don't lie.
YOUR AD HERE

mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by mavsfan41 »

D1 - Off the wagon for NPOM
D2 - bus’ed da shit outta gamma late in a standard bus’ing scenario
D3 - was on the Midway mislynch
D4 - bus’ed da shit outta Dunn with a quick hammer

If you switch you off NPOM with me off midway... identical my dude. Sure, I wasn’t on the Gamma one, but I was afk in the 3.5 hours from a Blair guilty to a votato/VP double team hammer. That’s misleading at best and trying to be scum securing a mislynch at worst.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by hellbooks »

I want to put this on the table that I'm leaning VP Baltar quite heavily.

i guess the big thing in favor of voting mavs is the potential setup questions it raises + pretty bad assocs with dunn. but again i'm drawing from this Mutual Decision made by the three conftown people who have lived the longest (r2r, votato, and me) that VP is the scummier person.

I can see VP's ninja theory as town paranoia and in fact I can say from my secure position as town that -- it's like a plausible theory. Ninja seems like a natural counter to tracker for example. However - I don't like the fact that it also hopes to achieve this three-way situation of LYLO confusion in which no clears exist (which scum benefits from strongly, reducing the chance of loss from 50 to 33), which is promptly destroyed by mavs being like, "no. hellbooks is town." and voting VP. which seems like a strong town move, rather than capitalizing on that potential paranoia.
In post 2394, VP Baltar wrote:Ok, so yeah, hellbrooks...the setup literally makes no sense as laid out with the info we have. Mavs has to be lying about his claim.
yeah. You're right. That's the big thing isn't it -- it's that third scum role that's the unknown factor. Is it more likely for that third scum role to be able to be the final balancing piece in the puzzle i mean, i don't know. I guess... well this veers sharply into setup spec territory... is 3 investigatives (i'd say more like 2.5... traffic analyst + disloyal fruit vendor seem like 0.75 each maybe?) really *that* implausible? town needs a lot of power to manage 10-3. i dont know. I mean there's a world where it's balanced right (our PRs have given us quite a lot and we've still made it to a 50/50 LYLO).
In post 2399, mavsfan41 wrote:Look, I’ve really got nothing else to say.
feels like a thing to say in LYLO that has slight scum equity
In post 2401, VP Baltar wrote:The irony of the least decisive player needing to decide this game hasn't been lost on me.
isn't it? Well, if I was wrong then I'll say -- every town member has been wrong to some degree, but I happened to be the most wrong at the worst time!

I only want to let the day go on as long as I think there's a chance i could be convinced otherwise and I want to second R2R's statement that it's been a fun game.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:36 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

@hellbooks: Got nothing to say cause I’ve said everything I could possibly say and would just be repeating myself over and over.

I’m disloyal fruit vendor. You’re town confirmed by the tracker (which there was no reason to doubt but since the tracker’s flip, it’s even more concrete).

R2R came out very strongly saying he believes I am. Now you’ve got VP trying to have me vote you throwing around the theory you’re potentially a ninja (which he didn’t mention at all yesterday, happily voted me and then votato). Then when I said nfw I’m voting hellbooks, he shifts to me. He’s not actually really refuting my claim. He’s now crying foul on set-up specs as his main argument. If you were to be swayed by his setup spec argument, then essentially you’re claiming I made one helluva an elaborate fake claim of disloyal fruit vendor.

Does this sounds like something I’ve said multiple times before? Oh, it does? Yep. That’s why I’ve got nothing left to say. VP is scum here. He tried getting me to go after you. Then after criticizing my vote of him cause of an insta-hammer from scum!hellbooks, he rejects that theory a few posts later to vote me. His progression even in lylo is exploring his mislynch options reeks of scumminess.

Unless asked a specific question addressed to me, I’m just going to sound like a broken record claiming disloyal fruit vendor over and over again, hence, I’ve got nothing left to say. It’s much easier to claim VT than a role that could confirmed but a town PR (like tracker). I breadcrumbed the thread at a time I was facing no pressure. Everything checks out with my claim. I’ve been consistent with my claim.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2403, mavsfan41 wrote:If you switch you off NPOM with me off midway... identical my dude. Sure, I wasn’t on the Gamma one, but I was afk in the 3.5 hours from a Blair guilty to a votato/VP double team hammer.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....

@hellbrooks - trust me, coming in today questioning the setup would not be what I'd want to do as scum. Of course that looks bad! If I was scum, it would make no sense to question you when I'd know I'd likely need your vote. But winning as town doesn't mean I should do the easy thing. It means I actually have to figure out what is going on because I don't actually know. Meanwhile, mavs has not tried to figure out how an out of balance game actually makes sense because he already knows!

Also, if the "I don't have anything to say" attitude doesn't reek of scumminess, I don't know what does. I've been an easy mislynch target since forever because I push on people. He knows that and he doesn't want to rock that boat at all by engaging in logical questions.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean, I think this equation is actually rather simple. It comes down to who has done more to help town. I think that has been obviously me all game. Votato just did not play a great game and blamed me for that....which is whatever.

R2R I believe just had last minute paranoia about me. He had been calling me town all game.

I mean, if we are looking at the opinions of dead players, there were many (quick and puppy come to mind) who were calling me town and we're NK. That wouldn't even make sense for me as scum.

So yeah, mavs knows you and I have had our differences and he's skating on that. But objectively speaking, who has been helping town more and figuring out more things? That's the metric that should be guiding your choice, imo.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

But hey, props to mavs on an intricate fake claim. I'll be excited to see what your role really is and how you pulled it off. If you fake your way into a victory here off that claim, you earned it.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1450, Umlaut wrote:
Vote Count 3.3

mavsfan41
(4): midwaybear, hellbooks, ready2rock, Quick
votato
(2): CantLynchAPuppy, Dunnstral
midwaybear
(1): votato
hellbooks
(1): mavsfan41

Not Voting
(1): VP Baltar

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-06-03 01:07:00)

Mavs town would also imply he somehow got ran to L-1 with no scum participating. Seems like it would have been a big fat juicy mislynch for scum to join. If I was scum, why would I come in and defend his claim when I could have easily said nope and finished him? Why would hammer king Dunn resist yet another opportunity?

There is only one answer here.
YOUR AD HERE

mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:58 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

In post 2407, VP Baltar wrote:I mean, I think this equation is actually rather simple. It comes down to who has done more to help town. I think that has been obviously me all game. Votato just did not play a great game and blamed me for that....which is whatever.

R2R I believe just had last minute paranoia about me. He had been calling me town all game.

I mean, if we are looking at the opinions of dead players, there were many (quick and puppy come to mind) who were calling me town and we're NK. That wouldn't even make sense for me as scum.

So yeah, mavs knows you and I have had our differences and he's skating on that. But objectively speaking, who has been helping town more and figuring out more things? That's the metric that should be guiding your choice, imo.
Get outta here with this crap. Here’s a summary of VP’s actions:
Day 1 - pushes R2R (who is town)
Day 2 - pushes R2R again. Then pushes Blair BEFORE finally bus’ing Gamma very late
Day 3 - votes hellbooks, Quick, then goes back to hellbooks. And eventually progresses to midway who is mislynched
Day 4 - goes after hellbooks again before AGAIN bus’ing a partner late. How late you ask? Well, delivers the quick hammer effectively ending the day in his FIRST POST after I put Dunn at L-1.
Day 5 - goes after me, no interest from R2R so settles on votato
Day 6 - throws shade on hellbooks. I say nfw. Then shifts to me as he can’t secure a mislynch on hellbooks ftw.

Yea dood, you’ve been wicked supah helpful!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spin spin spin
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Are you getting worried now I'm not just going to roll over and let town lose this game?
YOUR AD HERE

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 6.1

VP Baltar
(1): mavsfan41
mavsfan41

Not Voting
(1): hellbooks

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-06-26 19:19:00)

“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 am

Post by hellbooks »

Yesterday i had a dream that mavs was scum for a compelling reason and i woke up and couldn't identify it. that being said, there are just some truths that i can't push past to make that decision.

By the power vested in me by my predecessors:
VOTE: VP Baltar

have I driven this town to ruin? will the dead thread haunt me for the rest of time?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 6.2 (Final)

VP Baltar
(2): mavsfan41, hellbooks
mavsfan41

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.

“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Umlaut »

VP Baltar was lynched!

Spoiler: What was he?!
Welcome to the game, VP Baltar. You are a
Mafia Strongman
. Your partner(s)
[REDACTED]

Abilities
  • During all phases of the game, you and your teammate(s) may talk in a private thread, linked below.
  • Every night you and your teammate(s) may choose one person to kill. You must specify which of you carries out the shot.
  • If you personally commit the factional kill, it cannot be blocked.

Win Condition

You win when the Mafia is the sole surviving faction (or when nothing can prevent this).

Links

Game thread
[Mafia Private Thread]

A win condition has been achieved!

Spoiler: Who won?!
hellbooks, a
Vanilla Townie
, survived and won the game!

mavsfan41, a
Town Disloyal Fruit Vendor
, survived and won the game!

LicketyQuickety, votato, midwaybear, ready2rock, NoPowerOverMe, Blair, CantLynchAPuppy, and Nauci all won the game as well.

Congratulations to the
Town
!

Links
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:02 am

Post by votato »

that last flavor... did they correctly predict rocket league?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Umlaut »

Thanks for playing, everyone! I was really happy to see this game go to down to the final 3 and I felt like everyone played to the best of their ability and never gave up. It was a pleasure to mod this.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:03 am

Post by hellbooks »

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:04 am

Post by hellbooks »

thanks for resolving so quickly and VP BALTAR HELL OF A GAME
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:08 am

Post by votato »

yeah well played all and well modded umlaut
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:35 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

I’m terrified of reading the dead thread... here we go...

But before I do:
@VP: you pointed to my poor voting record and god awful reads... Gamma, Dunn, and VP, very well played!

@hellbooks: thanks for voting VP

@scum team: picking off Nauci instead of Blair and Puppy instead of R2R. Either of those switched and I think you guys run away with this game. I’ll hafta check the mafia thread for the development.
mavsfan41
mavsfan41
Goon
mavsfan41
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:09 am

Post by mavsfan41 »

@VP: the night you took out R2R I was sooo intrigued how you’d play that scenario. Whether you’d kill the tracker or opt to kill hellbooks and argue R2R fake claimed tracker. I figured there was a decent chance you’d do that (50/50) where the more obvious choice is to kill the tracker. That’s why I did tag R2R, to potentially get R2R if he was fake claiming and claimed he tracked me. But realized if he was fake claiming, he would’ve just said he tracked you and you killed hellbooks. Did killing hellbooks over R2R and trying to say R2R was fake claiming in lylo cross your mind of how to play that? I was kinda terrified of a scenario where R2R was going to survive to lylo basically being cleared from day 3 onward.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2420, hellbooks wrote:thanks for resolving so quickly and VP BALTAR HELL OF A GAME
I'm actually really proud of you for trusting yourself! You had me pegged as scum before most people. I would have been a little sad if I successfully swayed you from that.

gg town.

Sorry to my scum teammates! I tried to hold it together, but that tracking by r2r made it pretty tough. If I had to do something different, maybe I would have killed him instead of puppy.

I'll add some more thoughts later as they come to me.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”