bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 am

Post by bob3141 »

Yep scum very unlucky this game. Not much you can do about being guiltied twice.

Although i do think it was mistake to kill agar. Even without watcher being a bad claim for scum (in terms longevity). You should of killed flippy night 2

the oneshot thing was clearly fake from a balance point. more likely it would be full, 2-3x shot or even/odd night

Resulted in you losing prana. If a town gunsmithy had flipped it would not have been as damaging. And one less clear
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 am

Post by bob3141 »

Was a nice game.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 1900, bob3141 wrote:You should of killed flippy night 2
Scum shouldn't have killed Flippy because that would've confirmed me.
They should've killed me, and kept Flippy alive for WIFOM. (scum-fruit vendor)
Prana could've claimed a watch on AGaR = the likeliest target to die, and they'd have a different game.

I mean, unless AGaR would've landed another Block. :lol:
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

I read Bob as locktown and a potential PR btw, but I'm not sure what I would've thought about a Backup-RB - claim. :lol:
I think I really liked this setup.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Gypyx »

The setup was intersting yeah, just a question, what was the point of there being a mafia night 2 alien?
bottom text
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:22 am

Post by brassherald »

I thought scum could have abducted Agar night 2, had Prana kill elsewhere, and then have him say he visited AGar, no result.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Micc »

In post 1899, brassherald wrote:Schadd_ and RadiantCowbells get all credit for the setup, by the way. I don't know if I put that in the first post. (I didn't and I should have)
Can you post the setup?

Surely Battle Mage was BS’ing about being bulletproof?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:57 am

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 1890, UnaBombaH wrote:Special mention to Prana who almost AtE'd me into submission.
Had their PoV and agenda been different last day, I likely wouldn't have tunneled them the way I did.
I made the most of a bad situation. I figured if I could just twist you away from me (especially with how things played out last time) I may have had a shot. Which is why I didn't want my partner to bus me, I figured I could have steered you off me with enough time.
In post 1894, brassherald wrote:I will say I got at least one compliment in the dead thread, as well, but, if anyone feels I did something wrong or anything like that, I encourage you to let me know, I'm not going to do a full survey, but I will always welcome PMs or public posts about my modding to improve that.

Also, as to flavor, this started at a heavy time, so I wanted it to be light. Sorry for the couple of times I clumsily lost a picture in a VC, but I don't know anyone noticed until now.
I liked it, I would have liked more regular post counts, but that's because the game moved fast at times (I blame CoolDoG for being confusing as fuck). I do feel maybe town was a bit OP, but I also feel that a Doctor AND Roleblocker claiming would lead to them potentially lynching one, then the other, in short order.
In post 1905, brassherald wrote:I thought scum could have abducted Agar night 2, had Prana kill elsewhere, and then have him say he visited AGar, no result.
I'll be honest, that role confused me. I've never heard of it before, so I had no clue what it did, if I knew it basically "removed the player from the game for the night phase" I may well have done that.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 am

Post by bob3141 »

I think the problem you had was that you got extra power but when that happens town gets even more.

Although this more of guestimation. Town normaly gets a mid level role for each scum and each scum power role. So having an ungated pr plus a one shot pr. Added 3/4 of mid role to the town.

And the power scum gets migth actualy not end up benefiting them. As either they didnt need the role or they were unlucky with its results.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 am

Post by brassherald »

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:20 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1907, PranaDevil wrote:I liked it, I would have liked more regular post counts, but that's because the game moved fast at times (I blame CoolDoG for being confusing as fuck). I do feel maybe town was a bit OP, but I also feel that a Doctor AND Roleblocker claiming would lead to them potentially lynching one, then the other, in short order.
I will say, the post count issue is really if I decided to go back to automated, I could definitely do more. Also, weekends are surprisingly still busy for me in the time of Covid.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Micc »

The wiki page for Alien is really really bad. The role PM used for this game didn't explain it well either. But my understanding of Alien is Roleblock + Rolestop.

So yeah it could have been used to block AGar Night 2 (assuming simultaneous roleblocks work in scum's favor?) but then the nightkill would have had to go elsewhere. There's also this problem where two scum can't use all of Alien, Watcher, and nightkill actions in the same night.

Scumteam didn't have the tools to fight against the town power without the town mismanaging their power. And this town didn't mismanage it's power at all.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1911, Micc wrote:The wiki page for Alien is really really bad. The role PM used for this game didn't explain it well either. But my understanding of Alien is Roleblock + Rolestop.

So yeah it could have been used to block AGar Night 2 (assuming simultaneous roleblocks work in scum's favor?) but then the nightkill would have had to go elsewhere. There's also this problem where two scum can't use all of Alien, Watcher, and nightkill actions in the same night.

Scumteam didn't have the tools to fight against the town power without the town mismanaging their power. And this town didn't mismanage it's power at all.
Best I can say for Alien role PM is I tried.

Not well enough, apparently.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Micc »

I've asked implosion who to petition for a proper wiki page for alien, role pm included.

role pm's should have been part of review right? The wording of "that player will be roleblock and protected from all night actions." is explicitly what a jailkeeper does. I kinda think it's on the reviewers to catch that.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:04 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1913, Micc wrote:I've asked implosion who to petition for a proper wiki page for alien, role pm included.

role pm's should have been part of review right? The wording of "that player will be roleblock and protected from all night actions." is explicitly what a jailkeeper does. I kinda think it's on the reviewers to catch that.
There were no Role PMs. As in, I wrote those because all I had was a list of roles.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Micc »

Actually “protected from all night actions” is fairly accurate. Jailkeep would be closer to “protected from all night kills’”.
Pre-designed should give role PMs too. I’m sorry they shorted you.

I’m going to stop now. Sorry if any of this has come off as complaining instead of being constructive.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:33 am

Post by brassherald »

I absolutely appreciate it, personally. It was a role I wasn't really sure how to assemble the PM for. It helps if it pops up again.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1911, Micc wrote:Scumteam didn't have the tools to fight against the town power without the town mismanaging their power. And this town didn't mismanage it's power at all.
that is kind of the reality of mini normals.

it appears that in an attempt to steer winrates closer to 50%, you have accept that some percentage of games will be solved by town PR's. occasionally, the stars will align and scum simply have to passively accept the narrow confines of a largely PoE'd gamestate.

the roleblocker isn't always a pro-town power - if it got wagoned to L-1, upon claiming, people could have easily lynched it thinking it was scum. it could have easily blocked the doctor/gunsmith instead of the nightkill. swings and roundabouts.

it does suck as scum when you feel like you have no path to victory through no real fault of your own.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Hoopla »

also, lets see the scum PT.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1907, PranaDevil wrote:I do feel maybe town was a bit OP, but I also feel that a Doctor AND Roleblocker claiming would lead to them potentially lynching one, then the other, in short order.
yes, if both of these roles were outed, we could have easily lynched one, thinking one may be lying.

also, notscience staying silent and assuming agar blocked the kill could have backfired. if his protect was the reason no-kill happened, and we followed agar blindly on to a town mislynch D2, agar could have been mislynched D3.

that was a gamble.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by PranaDevil »

In post 1918, Hoopla wrote:also, lets see the scum PT.
It was in the mod thread - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=83219

And yeah, there was multiple ways the town roles could have screwed each other over in this game. Had Agar targeted someone else, and notscience targeted .... whoever it was we shot, then Agar stating he blocked the kill would have gone badly, as town would have lynched the wrong player, then lynched Agar day 2.

Of course, bob being the backup RBer meant a notscience doctor claim would have likely led to a dead notscience.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by notscience »

I knew once the gunsmith claim came out I was supposed to be a red herring. I planned to claim day before lylo.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by notscience »

It’s also why I HAD to Lynch prana before then so I had some bearing to stand on.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by notscience »

I also misread flippys role and it s why I didn’t target him I thought he was an inventor
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 1920, PranaDevil wrote:
In post 1918, Hoopla wrote:also, lets see the scum PT.
It was in the mod thread - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=83219

And yeah, there was multiple ways the town roles could have screwed each other over in this game. Had Agar targeted someone else, and notscience targeted .... whoever it was we shot, then Agar stating he blocked the kill would have gone badly, as town would have lynched the wrong player, then lynched Agar day 2.

Of course, bob being the backup RBer meant a notscience doctor claim would have likely led to a dead notscience.
We can't access the scum PT, at least last I checked we couldn't.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”