Mini Normal 2147 | Door Mafia | Game Over!

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I wish I contributed more, but I read probably about half the total game pages when I was still in this game. The way Iam and votato approached me the last day though it made me think they were scum. I only didn't gun for votato's head because of the Sakura trust tell. 9/10 times that is the correct move to make.

I would like to discuss the merits of mass claiming on MyLo as opposed to LyLo because I saw that it had absolutely no benefit for us, especially with the mafia's admission that they totally missed Blair's crumbs.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Blair »

As a matter of theory it is generally better to no lynch to make it to lylo, but I still contend it would have been the wrong move in this case since it wouldn't have narrowed our PoE at all.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:01 am

Post by gobbledygook »

How?
Blair dies, we kill Iam when he makes that psychologist claim.
Clair dies, it removes a mislynch from our PoE
Fred wouldn’t die unless they rolestop him which is good for us because that gets another result from Blair and reduces the PoE.

I really do not see the benefit in what town did the final day, holistically.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:51 am

Post by votato »

In post 3201, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 3175, votato wrote:
In post 3171, Zlair wrote:
In post 3167, votato wrote:also, pretty much every game i roll scum people say "you were obvscum" in postgame, yet i wasnt lynched.
I've noticed that. This is the 5th game I've played with votato where he was scum. He's won all 5.
heh i figured you were hectic. glad you could be on my team for once.
But you were obvscum
Sakura having a meta of replacing out as town took a lot of heat off you
i mean maybe, but people suspected me the last day yet there was still no serious momentum towards a lynch. ill believe that i was obvscum when i get lynched for being obvscum.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 3215, Sakura Hana wrote:I guess your previous avatar was also scarier.
Should I bring it back?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 3223, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I replaced out because I didn't trust the game was legit as far as alts. Only reason. If I had continued to play I'm sure scum still would have won, they played well, and used the confusion to their advantage. I don't like to replace out and don't normally so I will count this as a loss on my record.
They were all town

They voted as a block

They lynched me instead of joining my coalition against scum.

Iamuser/sakura/FL were all in my cross hairs but the airs didn't want to help me.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:53 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I don't think everyone is required to join you when you want but I do agree they voted as a block to the detrement of the town.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Blair »

I suspected both of them throughout the course of the game but you tell yourself whatever narrative you need to if it makes you feel better.

/out
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:04 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

None of them were ever lynched and scum won, you don't have much of an argument.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Blair »

And? Lots of people weren't lynched and scum won. :lol:

If you're implying we were cheating again and that we townblocked each other, you weren't reading the thread. Clair was in my flipping solve ffs and I was openly calling to push Flair right before he was nightkilled.

If you aren't implying that, then you're just whinging about poor town play in a game you subbed out of for obtuse reasons.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:16 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

nothing doesn't mean nothing if somebody isn't lynched.

Cheating isn't an obtuse reason. I'm not saying it was you specifically but something wasn't on the up and up in this game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:12 am

Post by mastina »

Hi I reviewed this game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:25 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3199, northsidegal wrote:i do think that this setup was on the scumsided end of things. i made it that way after looking at data from normal games last year that seemed to indicate that the meta was such that town didn't need as much power. that being said, the rolestopper was a bit inelegant and might have been better as some lower power role.
More or less my thoughts on reflection in hindsight (I originally passed it as balanced and at the time thought it was equal for both sides--on reflection, I've changed that assessment and believe it was slightly erroneous). Typical mini normal balance standard is 3-4 moderately-strong town PRs against an all-goon scumteam or a weak scum PR.

This game had exactly three PRs, on the stronger end of things but not the
strongest
end of things (two strong roles and a backup to inherit whichever died first with both strong roles having notable play-arounds), against a moderate-strength scum PR. (Rolestopper didn't have much use for the scum, but as mentioned, did give them reasonably strong counterplay options to the very few town PRs in the game.)

I'd still call it within 10% of balanced, but on reflection it'd probably be something like ~58.5% scum (where the ideal would be 50/50 scum/town).
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:31 am

Post by votato »

I mean the replace outs were shitty but it was mostly townies. Cant speak for sakura but fl replaced out of a few games recently
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

both sakura and flavor leaf broke the rules on replacing out.

Both were scum.

Wow.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Blair »

In post 3239, Firebringer wrote:both sakura and flavor leaf broke the rules on replacing out.

Both were scum.

Wow.
:up: :up: :up:
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:27 am

Post by votato »

didnt some of the townies who repped also break the rules? i mean yeah im not here to defend the replacements. but i think we shouldnt be tooo toooooo toooooooooooo hasty to assume the motivations for replacing out.
Flair
Flair
Goon
Flair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:46 am

Post by Flair »

In post 3233, NoPowerOverMe wrote:None of them were ever lynched and scum won, you don't have much of an argument.
You quit on the village. You cannot complain.
Flair
Flair
Goon
Flair
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Flair »

In post 3230, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 3223, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I replaced out because I didn't trust the game was legit as far as alts. Only reason. If I had continued to play I'm sure scum still would have won, they played well, and used the confusion to their advantage. I don't like to replace out and don't normally so I will count this as a loss on my record.
They were all town

They voted as a block

Iamuser/sakura/FL were all in my cross hairs but the airs didn't want to help me.
You've got a degree in Revisionist History. And not a single ounce of self-accountability.

If you weren't so selfish perhaps it would've been easier to see you for what you were.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:03 am

Post by votato »

In post 3243, Flair wrote:
In post 3230, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
They were all town

They voted as a block

You've got a degree in Revisionist History. And not a single ounce of self-accountability.

If you weren't so selfish perhaps it would've been easier to see you for what you were.
what is he? a canadian? that is pretty unforgivable tbh
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Fre/He/She/It/They/伊

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

When one believes that they make no mistakes, they fail to notice the mistakes they make. Failing to notice these mistakes, they are bound to do it again, never learning from these mistakes which, as far as they are concerned, never happened.

At the end of every game, it may be helpful to the other players to point out the flaws in the player's play. When others point out flaws in your play, it is important to critically examine them and figure out how to fix the flaw, if it is a flaw.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by votato »

In post 3245, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:When one believes that they make no mistakes, they fail to notice the mistakes they make. Failing to notice these mistakes, they are bound to do it again, never learning from these mistakes which, as far as they are concerned, never happened.

At the end of every game, it may be helpful to the other players to point out the flaws in the player's play. When others point out flaws in your play, it is important to critically examine them and figure out how to fix the flaw, if it is a flaw.
what were the flaws in my play? i bet you cant find any!
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:10 pm

In post 3246, votato wrote:
In post 3245, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:When one believes that they make no mistakes, they fail to notice the mistakes they make. Failing to notice these mistakes, they are bound to do it again, never learning from these mistakes which, as far as they are concerned, never happened.

what were the flaws in my play? i bet you cant find any!
I don't remember noticing any. You found anything in my play?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by votato »

i mean your fake-claim gambit was good, too bad it didnt work because the scum team was awful. i dont remember ever thinking "what a moron, this guy will make an easy mark" or anything, but i do think you were a bit lurky and town would have benefited from hearing your thoughts more.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Fre/He/She/It/They/伊
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:05 pm

In post 3248, votato wrote:i mean your fake-claim gambit was good, too bad it didnt work because the scum team was awful. i dont remember ever thinking "what a moron, this guy will make an easy mark" or anything, but i do think you were a bit lurky and town would have benefited from hearing your thoughts more.
After thinking about it, I figured my basic disagreement with this statement is that town would have benefited from hearing my thoughts more.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”