NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:57 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Because even though you spewed yourself town, you also spouted a ton of crackpot theories, scumread blair, and even scumread me over Popopo when it was freaking obvious he was scum.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:01 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 2250, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Because even though you spewed yourself town, you also spouted a ton of crackpot theories, scumread blair, and even scumread me over Popopo when it was freaking obvious he was scum.
I ended up on popo so that's a moot point.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2241, Blair wrote:It's definitely not unethical play, either. It's pretty good scum play - you almost have to engage in this to some degree as scum if you ever want to convincingly push a mislynch. The art of perfecting it boils down to either A) being so subtle and persuasive that no one notices it's bad faith, or B) making it look like confirmation bias.
wise words
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:03 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Also to note is that Truth lost us the game by their claim.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Mafia PT has been released
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Blair »

Dunnstral wrote:If I quickhammer here I get shot at immediately by Blair, but I can do it if you'd like
Truer words have ne'er been spoken.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

GG scum

Thanks for modding Deimos! The game was modded very well
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Blair »

Apologies for gunning you down in the prime of your life, CSF.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by NDMath »

Reading the mafia chat I'm amazed by Glitch's game summaries.

Sorry for getting in Lion's way after he nailed the scum team.

After popo changed his claim I had been considering quickhammering if he ever got to L-1. Probably wouldn't have gone through in fear of if he actually was town and claimed vanilla after being guiltiedd for some weird reason.

10 out of 10 would let looker be the game saving pr again.

@Truth, I strongly disagree for your hammer on me. Two main reasons, one is that you did not allow for me to roleclaim, which is the main reason why people 'intent to hammer' -- so they don't hammer an important town pr. (In this case would have been looker's 1-shot watcher.) And second is that your reason for it seemed to be that you were bored? I'm still confused by that.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 2258, NDMath wrote:Reading the mafia chat I'm amazed by Glitch's game summaries.
What about them? They saved my life. I had a really hard time following GL's logic and keeping up with the volume of posts from Quick and Norway. My notes are the only thing that saved me and they were a huge aide in helping me build cases against people.

Also to be fair, my push against you was total bullshit. I actually didn't think you were playing that bad, I just needed a target to throw shade at and I found an opportunity with you. I would love to play with you, and most everyone else here, again.

Is this about standard for how long games run and how active they are? Day 1 I was really struggling. I mean there were 2 or 3 days I spent 5 hours reading and writing in this game and it was just really intense. Part of that was because I was playing more careful as scum and didn't want to slip up. But part of it was just the sheer volume of content on D1. Is this normal? Cause I want to play again but if this is normal I'm gonna head over to that Geriatric thread and see if they want to start up a slower paced game because that was just so intense.

At the end of D3 I was also so exhausted and was so ready to just get an elimination on the road with. Had we not eliminated NDmath as fast as we did I think I would have ended up slipping up and rushing a lynch out of theatrical exhaustion. Keeping up the performance is hard work.
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 47, Nauci wrote:
In post 15, Truth wrote:Interesting. I would like everyone to know I am a
Miller Mason
. I have buddies but I won't be revealing who they are at this time. For now, I will act as their representative.

We would like a nice clean thread clear of profanities. Whenever giving a read or placing a vote, we would like a reason attached as to avoid people having to ask for the reasons. Thank you, we'll let you know if there's any updates.
MVP Most Valuable Post award
Once upon a time I would probably have thought this was weird but at this point in 2020 I could be suddenly devoured by a 99 tentacled cthulhu monster appearing out of nowhere in the California sky and be entirely unsurprised
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Glitch »

Wow that was a formatting clusterfuck and I have no idea why that truth quote is in there. Disregard. Sorry.

MVPost award goes to 47
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 2259, Glitch wrote:
In post 2258, NDMath wrote:Reading the mafia chat I'm amazed by Glitch's game summaries.
What about them? They saved my life. I had a really hard time following GL's logic and keeping up with the volume of posts from Quick and Norway. My notes are the only thing that saved me and they were a huge aide in helping me build cases against people.

Also to be fair, my push against you was total bullshit. I actually didn't think you were playing that bad, I just needed a target to throw shade at and I found an opportunity with you. I would love to play with you, and most everyone else here, again.

Is this about standard for how long games run and how active they are? Day 1 I was really struggling. I mean there were 2 or 3 days I spent 5 hours reading and writing in this game and it was just really intense. Part of that was because I was playing more careful as scum and didn't want to slip up. But part of it was just the sheer volume of content on D1. Is this normal? Cause I want to play again but if this is normal I'm gonna head over to that Geriatric thread and see if they want to start up a slower paced game because that was just so intense.

At the end of D3 I was also so exhausted and was so ready to just get an elimination on the road with. Had we not eliminated NDmath as fast as we did I think I would have ended up slipping up and rushing a lynch out of theatrical exhaustion. Keeping up the performance is hard work.
Your effort level and determination.
The planning.
How you were calculating almost all your decisions behind the scenes.
Seeing you evaluate. Like I could probably compare your game summary and Iso (haven't yet so I might be wrong) and understand the lens you were seeing the game from.

Pretty sure this is about average for post amount.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Glitch
It’s more like i tend to spam posts and argue a lot.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2259, Glitch wrote:Is this about standard for how long games run and how active they are? Day 1 I was really struggling. I mean there were 2 or 3 days I spent 5 hours reading and writing in this game and it was just really intense. Part of that was because I was playing more careful as scum and didn't want to slip up. But part of it was just the sheer volume of content on D1. Is this normal? Cause I want to play again but if this is normal I'm gonna head over to that Geriatric thread and see if they want to start up a slower paced game because that was just so intense.
It’s tiresome for you because you do deep analyzis. Most of the time i’m just saying whatever’s on my mind. It’s a playstyle clash that makes it harder for you to keep up, and with the added fact that you’re scum trying to formulate strategiez it does make it take much more time for you. I’m not saying either of us are more "correct" in our approach. But that’s how it turns out when we play together. LQ was another high poster so that adds up to a lot of content.

- Bunno
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Glitch played excellently. My previous playstyle was very similar to his current one (until I learned it's way easier to spam post than wall post) but he pulled it off way better than I could've. And I definitely relate to activity being a major obstacle to such analytic play.

And yeah, this game is relatively average in terms of page count. The D1 was pretty spammy, but they tend to be.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Nauci »

I had a scum read on Glitch on day 1 because everything was technically correct in the posts, but they always happened IRL-days or several pages after everyone else had the thoughts. Later on in the game though I felt like I was just desperately hoping the sane players are town ;_;
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 2266, Nauci wrote:I had a scum read on Glitch on day 1 because everything was technically correct in the posts, but they always happened IRL-days or several pages after everyone else had the thoughts. Later on in the game though I felt like I was just desperately hoping the sane players are town ;_;
It's always difficult when only scum are the remaining voices of reason.

- Bunno
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:42 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 2266, Nauci wrote:I had a scum read on Glitch on day 1 because everything was technically correct in the posts, but they always happened IRL-days or several pages after everyone else had the thoughts. Later on in the game though I felt like I was just desperately hoping the sane players are town ;_;
I had a major shift in strategy mid-day 1 after a handful of my walls had gone up. I was getting SR'd a lot at the beginning and as people pointed out why I adjusted accordingly. Someone called me on my first wall being IIoA and when I realized it was true i tried really hard to fix it but that's partially why it took me so long to play.

That said, I'm SO glad I got an intent to hammer in on Dunnstral without having to actually hammer. That made me feel really accomplished on top of my bus with popo. I play mostly in person so bussing is usually short and doesn't take a lot of effort. But had Dunn flipped later on I felt like I was set up well from there.

I think my biggest mistake was setting myself up for the Truth flip too hard. Defending him so hard was because even if I were town I would genuinely have made those arguments but when Blair called me on that saying I'm scum who knows we were about to flip town, i was like... Oh shit. She's right. LOL
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Glitch »

In post 692, Glitch wrote:I know I'm still talking about Truth right now while no one else is but I am really not convinced to stop reading him as scum yet so I have more questions
before I can let this go
Scum slip :eek: :good:
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:44 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 2268, Glitch wrote:Someone called me on my first wall being IIoA
Hey that was me