the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5675 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:26 am

Post by the worst »

VCA is fine, but it isn't going to pick up on a couple of fairly incorporeal facts: I had fairly bad reads at the start of the game, and scum played well. You can hammer people because the vca tells you to all day every day, and only ever win games based on how chaotic and deceptive the whims of the scumteam have been. As soon as you have a team who have played well and intentionally chaotically, VCA is rife with fallibility *because* it's a logical process applied to a game where scum thrive by forming reasonable-but-incorrect narratives.

VCA is usually going to be shitty in games like this because Zombie was guiltied pretty early after fairly minimal contributions, and Una just like literally did not vote for like half of the game at least. And hey, in a game where scum don't use their votes to advance their wincon, it's a lot easier to create a narrative in which town are scum for using their votes to push bad reads.

None of this changes the fact that my read trajectory and solving has been blatantly transparent, and that I've been bleeding my heart all over this thread for like the second half of this game at a minimum. I'm fine at scum but I'm not dynamite at scum. I don't think I'm capable of this kind of level of engagement, and I don't think anyone sans the best scum players are liable to let their partner establish a very long-term bus on them, and then turn f5 into epic glorious wallposts of crossbussing when there is an easy miselim in the IV slot who literally everyone wants dead.

You've seen this, and I've documented it well - I don't win f3s as scum. VCA is going to fail to solve this game. Please consider who has been setting up the gamestate for a scum win. IV's handling of Una's shitpush and looooong history of attempts to pocket me should be profoundly telling.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5676 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I voted Una at [p]2184[/p]. Norwee did it at [p]2881[/p].
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5677 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:35 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Also, there was no objection to your slot being the Elim on like D4. Why does scum!worst come out the gate with a bus on his partner and basically force a 1v1 when there was a chance to win in f5?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5678 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:37 am

Post by the worst »

especially given like - una and I have chemistry - we would have been working on that f5 state for a LONG time if we were scum together, and believe me we would have been yelling until the "stfu IV is scum let's just kill him". like me yeeting a vote onto una there would be brutally counterproductive unless my explicit purpose was to drag the game into f3 to ruin billy's week.
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5679 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:38 am

Post by the worst »

I'll pipe back down. I'm trying not to post as much because I don't think I'm helping but like ┐(´д`)┌
--
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5680 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 5676, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I voted Una at [p]2184[/p]. Norwee did it at [p]2881[/p].
And that means this VC was like 50 posts after Norwee had moved onto him. At that point I was the bigger threat. And like no one suspected Una on D1. It was my vanity wagon until Norwee hopped on.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5681 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 5678, the worst wrote:unless my explicit purpose was to drag the game into f3 to ruin billy's week.
I dont think this is beyond you...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5682 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:44 am

Post by the worst »

I'm not gonna scream "I never XYZ as scum" because trust tells are foul but to respond in the best faith possible while self metaing:

- I agree scum!me would be comfortable enough in this f3
- please note for the record that my scum performance is fairly good but my endgame scum performance is really lacklustre. That f5 was outside of my scumrange, and I do think it's incredibly unlikely for me to try and win solo in f3 rather than win duo with Una in f5 after some like, prodigally good theatre.
- I disagree that scum!me would try to win in this f3 rather than just play his cards in f5.

other solution: IV tried to pocket me, it worked for a fair while. he didn't really bat an eyelid while una postured a tw/IV scumteam. he didn't evaluate his read on una in good faith for the entire game. he evaluated very few reads in meaningful detail. he didn't react to how scummy una was in f5 and despite having town!tw/scum!una for the entire game and there being confscum within us, he didn't register that he needed to vote una in f5.
--
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5683 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 3057, osuka wrote:Image
vote count

day 1, vc 11

NorwegianboyEE
(7, E-0) - lilith2013, the worst, Nepenthes, Waterdispenser, Something_Smart, Zombie Apocalypse, Not_Mafia

Billy Pilgrim
(3) - PookyTheMagicalBear, innocentvillager, TheFourEyedDude
UnaBombaH
(1) - NorwegianboyEE
innocentvillager
(1) - Billy Pilgrim
Waterdispenser
(1) - UnaBombaH
Zombie Apocalypse
(0)
Nepenthes
(0)
Not_Mafia
(0)
TheFourEyedDude
(0)
Something_Smart
(0)
the worst
(0)
PookyTheMagicalBear
(0)
lilith2013
(0)

Not Voting
(0)

The day will end in (expired on 2020-09-07 18:22:00).
Amd here with the hammer, which you didn't include Titus, you have one of two scenarios. 1) the three scum safely distanced on three different townies (you, una, zomb) or 2) the worst in a middle position on Norwee while zomb hammers with Una on a vanity wagon.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5684 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Also, early d1, youre saying that a 4 person wagon formed on me that was pure?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5685 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 700, osuka wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:What the fuck.
osuka wrote:how did you nerds like that snipe
vote count

day 1, vc 2

Billy Pilgrim
(4, E-3) - LavarManos, lilith2013, innocentvillager, NorwegianboyEE
innocentvillager
(3, E-4) - Zombie Apocalypse, TheFourEyedDude, Nepenthes
Zombie Apocalypse
(2) - Saudade, Zombie Apocalypse
LavarManos
(2) - Billy Pilgrim, UnaBombaH
Nepenthes
(1) - the worst
TheFourEyedDude
(0) - Billy Pilgrim
NorwegianboyEE
(0)
Something_Smart
(0)
UnaBombaH
(0)
the worst
(0)
Saudade
(0)
lilith2013
(0)
Sirius9121
(0)

Not Voting
(4) - Sirius9121, Something_Smart

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to execute.

The day will end in (expired on 2020-09-06 18:22:00).

please let me know if something is wrong with the votecount; additionally, note that in accordance with the rules, ONLY votes in vote tags are being counted.
This one. FYPOV you are claiming the lead 2 wagons as tvt with scum as the number 3 wagon and you think me as the lead wagon is pure? So scum entirely off my wagon while there's 2 votes on their teammate?

You gotta make a case for me, because these vcas feel a bit disjointed and I can see scum motivation from what your slot is doing.

Also, it doesnt help that I've seen you do these vcas as scum before in the large normal we played together and they were similarly unconvincing.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5686 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:04 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Titus, if you're town, we're about to lose, because I'm damn near hammering. Honestly at this point, if ducky is scum here, well fucking played. But I made it clear, I was leaning toward voting you and the vca like didn't really persuade me. So if youre town here I need more.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5687 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:29 am

Post by the worst »

In post 5686, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Honestly at this point, if billy is scum here, well fucking played.
edited - i could have said this verbatim when i voted titus.
--
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #5688 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5677, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Also, there was no objection to your slot being the Elim on like D4. Why does scum!worst come out the gate with a bus on his partner and basically force a 1v1 when there was a chance to win in f5?
White flag is such a common gambit. It's so common there's a wiki article on it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5689 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5686, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Titus, if you're town, we're about to lose, because I'm damn near hammering. Honestly at this point, if ducky is scum here, well fucking played. But I made it clear, I was leaning toward voting you and the vca like didn't really persuade me. So if youre town here I need more.
It's frustrating you believe long walls of discrediting and twisting of my VCA over short, concise and truthful statements.

The truth shouldn't need flashy walls of melodrama. Just frank openness which is all I have to offer.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5690 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:43 am

Post by the worst »

on the contrary. analysis of votes can either catch scum, or be woven into a narrative, *much* more easily than hard feelings and lengthy cases based on scum-indicative-mindsets and partnered associatives can.

the truth needs as much passion and reinforcement as it can get.
--
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5691 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 5689, Titus wrote:
In post 5686, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Titus, if you're town, we're about to lose, because I'm damn near hammering. Honestly at this point, if ducky is scum here, well fucking played. But I made it clear, I was leaning toward voting you and the vca like didn't really persuade me. So if youre town here I need more.
It's frustrating you believe long walls of discrediting and twisting of my VCA over short, concise and truthful statements.

The truth shouldn't need flashy walls of melodrama. Just frank openness which is all I have to offer.
What is this in reference to?
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5692 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 5691, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 5689, Titus wrote:

What is this in reference to?
Everything. The worst is blatantly scum by the VCA, so what does he do...makes a big wall discounting VCA.

The worst is scum with Una, who would likely die anyway. So he makes a big, flashy wall bussing as a white flag gambit.

He claims his reads were just wrong until Una. He just wasn't bussing until Una.

The truth doesn't need to be as long winded and melodramatic. It just is.

If you can't see that's what the worst is doing, then I don't know what to say.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5693 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5692, Titus wrote:Everything. The worst is blatantly scum by the VCA, so what does he do...makes a big wall discounting VCA.
I am scum via the narrative you have created, and are enforcing exclusively via prejudiced VCA... and I made a footnote politely explaining why VCA is invalid. My walls have been constant alignment-solving. I am not pushing a discrediting agenda here, I am rebutting.
In post 5692, Titus wrote:The worst is scum with Una, who would likely die anyway. So he makes a big, flashy wall bussing as a white flag gambit.
Una was absolutely NOT caught until (arguably) his misplay on day 4, or (unambiguously) i yeeted him into the void on day 5.
In post 5692, Titus wrote:He claims his reads were just wrong until Una. He just wasn't bussing until Una.
Posturing.
In post 5692, Titus wrote:The truth doesn't need to be as long winded and melodramatic. It just is.
As are fabricated versions of reality - such is the nature of our silly wonderful hobby. :P
In post 5692, Titus wrote:If you can't see that's what the worst is doing, then I don't know what to say.
I wish the feeling was mutual, but I can and have explained the agenda you're attempting to push in the face of a correct solve.
--
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5694 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Titus, is what I'm supposed to see in the VCs you already posted?
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5695 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Titus »

@Billy, Yes.

*crosses fingers*
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5696 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by the worst »

Her fingers are crossed! That means she's lying!
--
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5697 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

VOTE: Titus

If I fucked this up, im sorry.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5698 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Ducky youre a fiend so I know you're around, were you scum?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5699 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by the worst »

alright osuka gimme that win :twisted:
--