Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Umlaut »

UneducatedGuesser died during the night!

Spoiler: What was he?!
Town NeapolitanWelcome to Mini Normal 2170! You are a
Town Neapolitan

Each night you may
investigate
one player. You will be informed if they are a (vanilla)
Townie
or
not a
(vanilla)
Townie

You win when the Town is the sole surviving faction.

Day 3

Vote Count 3.0

Not voting
(9): Thestatusquo, Panzerjager, Gamma Emerald, Blitzo, Not_Mafia, Kasumeat, PookyTheMagicalBear, The Bulge, OutWorldER

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-11-04 16:30:00)
Last edited by Umlaut on Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Blitzo »

I don't really know how I feel about that elimination tbh. It feels like the tunnels in this game are crazy deep and need to be reassessed.
UG was also pretty inactive and, along with the duppin kill, reeks of trying to preserve gamestate.
I think we need to reassess the fact that the reason this game might be so confusing is because TSQ is actually scum - there's pretty much no reason to kill UG over him and that really needs to be looked into.

UG checked Gamma and came back with not VT - seems likely that's where his case came from.
Makes sense to me.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:39 am

Post by Blitzo »

I also think we need to look into eliminating one of the more background-y players today. NM is the most obvious candidate but based on the way the NKs are going, it seems like there's a fair chance he might actually be town here.
Panzer is also an obvious candidate imo. I'm at work and can look back into that when I'm done in a few hours but that's where I'm looking right now.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:57 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 2302, Blitzo wrote:I also think we need to look into eliminating one of the more background-y players today.
I don't think it makes sense to limit our options today. We need to eliminate scum or its limlo tomorrow

I'm a quarter-way through a reread. I have a hypoteam in mind that I'll share later
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Blitzo »

I would debate you but I'd like to see what you come up with first.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Outworld needs to claim imo
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2305, Gamma Emerald wrote:Outworld needs to claim imo
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2305, Gamma Emerald wrote:Outworld needs to claim imo
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:05 am

Post by The Bulge »

agreed
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:06 am

Post by The Bulge »

with actions for both nights
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

I die today by Elim or die tonight so I guess it doesn't matter when I claim. Might as well spare town the time.

Day 4 Innocent Child.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Blitzo »

lmfao what
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by The Bulge »

nah

VOTE: outworld
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by The Bulge »

looking back im mad i ever dropped my outworld sr lmao

also may as well spoil this now even tho im not done reading i think shea is his partner. it explains why that whole interaction about the nk analysis blew over in such a weird way.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Blitzo »

What are the roles in this game? This is insanity.
So, what, either OW is mafia or we need to elim today?

That seems so...
bad.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Blitzo »

Is anyone here any good at setup spec? The roles in this game are all messed up and I have no idea what to make of it since I haven't hosted in almost half a decade or something.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 2313, The Bulge wrote:dropped my outworld sr
my push, rather. i never stopped scumreading him.

idk why im jumping the gun and showing my cards here but I figure what's the rush in powering thru today with just 1 caught scum
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Blitzo »

Hold on.
In post 2313, The Bulge wrote:looking back im mad i ever dropped my outworld sr lmao

also may as well spoil this now even tho im not done reading i think shea is his partner. it explains why that whole interaction about the nk analysis blew over in such a weird way.
Can you elaborate on this a bit?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by The Bulge »

more later im on mobile rn and trying to finish reading. but remember when shea called outworld out for his nka, outworld gave a blatant copout answer and shea let him go without a second thought. i called him on that and i dont remember exactly where it went from there atm but ill find links when i can
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Blitzo »

Yes please do that - I think shea should definitely start being considered for realsies now.

Back onto outworld, I think he really needs to town it up or something or do some major gamesolving.
From his point of view the game is essentially eylo but he's just so whatever about it that it's hard to take it seriously.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 1657, OutWorldER wrote:The duppin kill is really weird. I'm somewhat wary that's it an attempt to frame Noraa actually. Duppin wasn't really outspoken about any SR's other than Noraa, but he also was not as active and not really as aggressive as Shea in terms of pushing SR's.

Occam's razor tells me, however, that it was probably scum team compromising on a kill in some way. I think I'll park on VOTE: Noraa for now but if she ever flips green than I want vig (if there is one) to shoot Shea.
In post 1658, Thestatusquo wrote:That last post by outworldER is incredibly scummy. Trying to direct a pr which we don't even know we have is frequently done by scum. Speculating on motivation for scum kills is frequently a scum slip also.

Still think noraa is scum but I want to push on this a little bit VOTE: outworldER
In post 1674, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 1658, Thestatusquo wrote:That last post by outworldER is incredibly scummy. Trying to direct a pr which we don't even know we have is frequently done by scum. Speculating on motivation for scum kills is frequently a scum slip also.

Still think noraa is scum but I want to push on this a little bit VOTE: outworldER
I mean, yeah, frequently done by scum but that doesn't equal scum motivated automatically.

I don't see how the deductions made have scum motivation behind them. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more?
In post 1677, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1674, OutWorldER wrote:

I mean, yeah, frequently done by scum but that doesn't equal scum motivated automatically.

I don't see how the deductions made have scum motivation behind them. Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more?
Because of the deficit of information. Scum have more information than town so frequently they say more about nk than town do. Specifically the phrasing "seems like a compromise kill" doesn't sound like something I have ever seen town say. It speaks as if you have information about why the kill was made that town does not. It assumes a scum worldview which you can't possibly know about as town.
In post 1678, OutWorldER wrote:so town should just like, never try to analyse the night-kill, on this site, I guess?

I honestly don't know how else to respond, because this is the first time I've ever ran in to this kind of thinking and it just seems kind of baffling to me.
In post 1679, Thestatusquo wrote:You can analyze the nightkill. The way you did reads as particularly inside baseball to me. Granted, that's just a feel thing, but I feel it pretty strongly.
In post 1682, OutWorldER wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:You can analyze the nightkill. The way you did reads as particularly inside baseball to me. Granted, that's just a feel thing, but I feel it pretty strongly.
I mean, fair about the gut reads, I guess.

I looked at the NK, I asked two questions to myself "why did this happen" and "what did this achieve", which I then gave the answer to. I'm not exactly sure how to respond to these votes but I don't really see scum motivation to push me now so eh.

guess should just let the game continue.
his claim doesnt line up with anything he softed or the way he played EoD or how he has been playing the whole game or how he is playing now having claimed, and is literally the easiest thing scum under pressure can think to claim here. im shocked you're giving it any credit at all
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by The Bulge »

those are links that i q+'d yes

i gave up quoting on mobile when i realized what came after needed more context and effort but yea theres the gist of the incident im talking about lol
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by The Bulge »

to clarify, the quotes were accidental and don't have anything to do with what i said in that post but are very much relevant to what i said before

back to reading
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I mean you're probably right.
I can also come up with a slew of other reasons as to why shea can be scum this game though I will admit that I glossed over that whole exchange for the most part.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I don't know. I still don't really regret glossing over it. It just seems like such an inane point to make?
Town speculates on NKs all the time - Gamma and I were doing it in the neighborhood and I'm pretty sure I've done so in thread and never got called out for it?
I actually need to doublecheck my own ISO. Hang on.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”