Mini Normal 2185 | EFoBBBiO | Game Over!

ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am

Post by ejjinami »

why are people town-reading ower btw?
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:14 am

Post by ejjinami »

.....looking at the vote counts, the scum team might have bussed heavily D1.
Mom voted all possible scum candidates except for bugs
bugs voted npom most of the time, voted lunar (as a counterwagon to him) and ended up voting ORAM (as a counterwagon as well)

trendal voted over
lunar voted bugs
ower voted bugs

this would explain why mom seemed so carefree :/
she didn’t seem to care too much about the wagon on scum because scum were already focused on faking interactions and she expected good things to happen despite a teammate being sacrificed

.............I’m not sure if I have confidence in analyzing this tbh
normally, based on this I’d say that it’s more likely the last scum ended up bussing as well but both lunar and ower were voting bugs so this gives me literally nothing

I’ll try to analyze it a bit deeper tomorrow
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:19 am

Post by ejjinami »

VOTE: ower

not set. Just placing this where I think it’ll hit
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 am

Post by ejjinami »

I think I know why I ended up with such a bad read on bugs.
I town-read posts for their original meaning, completely ignoring what emotions the writer was under. There were a few posts which were illogical from a scum’s pov but were written badly to the point where it was hard to distinguish their meaning

Anger/aggressiveness + being incomprehensible are good signs of stress, while stress causes risky actions
people shouldn’t be town-read for making illogical decisions if there are signs of them not being mentally ok.

taking that into consideration, the entire thing I wrote about bugs reacting well to luca’s scum-read becomes completely invalid.

...welp.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:50 am

Post by ejjinami »

so my way of reading might not be that bad after all

as long as lunar is town, that is...
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:51 am

Post by ejjinami »

yeah, I think I just want to lynch ower.

lessons I’ve learned this game:
-wallposters who don’t show emotions often can’t be scum-read based on them.
-Taking a break after writing a long read is normal.
-signs of stress + attempts to hide it might be more AI than actions taken under them.

slightly less important:
-don’t just skim through wallposters’ posts because you’ll end up remembering only what you want to remember

good enough, I think.
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:56 am

Post by ejjinami »

wait no, there’s another one:
-if I can’t clearly distinguish a player’s mental state, be extremely wary of reading them for anything
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Luca read EoD1 and beginning of D2 OwER as town telling and Grendel read the aggression of Momrangal's push on OwER from D1 as essentially clearing him.

I feel like OwER didn't try to get any town points from either of his partners executions.

I believe there is more but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I haven't tried to meta OwER at all yet. Gamma mentioned they have a tendency to be lim baity.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Spoiler:
In post 2676, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1027, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1025, Titus wrote:
In post 1021, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1016, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1015, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 585, SirCakez wrote:Personally I feel OER or Bell are the more likely scums there, not BM
why
tbh Titus' reads seem sensible
BM is playing to town meta
I think this is legitimately wrong
What distinguishes the two?

@SirCakez this is to you as well.
In a sentence, town BM is more chaotic. I don't sense the same sort of chaotic town!BM vibe I normally get.
I want to define this better. I kinda see chaos and order as states of being, chaos characterized by a presence of activity, order being characterized by lack of activity. Because in the scenario of the universe, it is in chaos and through the granual heat death of the universe, slowly coming to order. Once everything is still, it could be considered orderly, no?
So, to place BM's play in this framework, as town he is quite active, and his activity set the game into chaos, because he causes things to move. In my one scumgame with him, he had a decent level of activity, but he didn't really do much besides kick up some already displaced dust with DoubtingThomas. And here, he was not a driving force at all for like, the first several days of the game, and his posting was essentially beating the same bush repeatedly regarding wanting people to accompany him to electrical, and we KNOW scum had a room block mechanism and ended up gating that spot, so I feel like it's possible that was a telegraphed attack.
In post 1044, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 691, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why is murdercatto not tryharding this game?

highly susp
I just had a game where mcat turned on the jets a little later
so like, I think him doing it again is sensible given how that other game worked out
Okay, with a little more experience, here's my take on MCat meta broken down by game.
Mini 2170: active but got miselimmed D1, had a correct SR on Pooky that I didn't see because of an issue I have with reading into wagon direction. Probably could have drove Pooky's lim later on.
Student Council: Was active but not really solvy d1, but I got a gut townvibe from him D1 that led me to pushing him to be in the Council. On D2 he kicked it into gear and drove the game, helping rustle things so town ended up winning.
Micro 977 (VG Metal Covers): got pocketed by Infinity, but iirc pegged JL as scum after being yanked out of the pocket with Infinity's D1 scum flip.

So my sense is his reads get better as the game goes on. There's also haunted village as a game we played but idk his progression there, I just recall he got soulread by infinity

Lol Gamma you're flipping scum in this OutWorldER game aren't you?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Nope :(

RIP
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

I'm a Vanilla Town. Gamma claims next.

Frogster there is so much stuff that spews me as Town, I literally cannot comprehend how you have not figured it out yet.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1909, Frogsterking wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 2676, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1027, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1025, Titus wrote:
In post 1021, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1016, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1015, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 585, SirCakez wrote:Personally I feel OER or Bell are the more likely scums there, not BM
why
tbh Titus' reads seem sensible
BM is playing to town meta
I think this is legitimately wrong
What distinguishes the two?

@SirCakez this is to you as well.
In a sentence, town BM is more chaotic. I don't sense the same sort of chaotic town!BM vibe I normally get.
I want to define this better. I kinda see chaos and order as states of being, chaos characterized by a presence of activity, order being characterized by lack of activity. Because in the scenario of the universe, it is in chaos and through the granual heat death of the universe, slowly coming to order. Once everything is still, it could be considered orderly, no?
So, to place BM's play in this framework, as town he is quite active, and his activity set the game into chaos, because he causes things to move. In my one scumgame with him, he had a decent level of activity, but he didn't really do much besides kick up some already displaced dust with DoubtingThomas. And here, he was not a driving force at all for like, the first several days of the game, and his posting was essentially beating the same bush repeatedly regarding wanting people to accompany him to electrical, and we KNOW scum had a room block mechanism and ended up gating that spot, so I feel like it's possible that was a telegraphed attack.
In post 1044, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 691, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why is murdercatto not tryharding this game?

highly susp
I just had a game where mcat turned on the jets a little later
so like, I think him doing it again is sensible given how that other game worked out
Okay, with a little more experience, here's my take on MCat meta broken down by game.
Mini 2170: active but got miselimmed D1, had a correct SR on Pooky that I didn't see because of an issue I have with reading into wagon direction. Probably could have drove Pooky's lim later on.
Student Council: Was active but not really solvy d1, but I got a gut townvibe from him D1 that led me to pushing him to be in the Council. On D2 he kicked it into gear and drove the game, helping rustle things so town ended up winning.
Micro 977 (VG Metal Covers): got pocketed by Infinity, but iirc pegged JL as scum after being yanked out of the pocket with Infinity's D1 scum flip.

So my sense is his reads get better as the game goes on. There's also haunted village as a game we played but idk his progression there, I just recall he got soulread by infinity

Lol Gamma you're flipping scum in this OutWorldER game aren't you?
In post 1910, Frogsterking wrote:Nope :(

RIP
That's a super interesting take; equating activity with chaos vs death of all things with order, in my mind I'm trying to rationalize it with OCEAN. One of the few downsides of conscientiousness is that it can come off as "stuffy", individuals very high in conscientiousness come off as reliable, but not necessarily fun to be around.

One of many upsides of being high in conscientiousness is considered the ability to consistently output a high amount of work. Maybe it's just based on socio-cultural values and perception though, and individuals who are very low in conscientiousness are consistently putting in work of a chaotic nature which is less valued by an industrialized society.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1911, Lunar Martian wrote:I'm a Vanilla Town. Gamma claims next.

Frogster there is so much stuff that spews me as Town, I literally cannot comprehend how you have not figured it out yet.
Lunar, if Gamma is scum, then Ejji is town, and Ejji being town means Gamma could not have completed a night kill.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1913, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1911, Lunar Martian wrote:I'm a Vanilla Town. Gamma claims next.

Lunar, if Gamma is scum, then Ejji is town, and Ejji being town means Gamma could not have completed a night kill.
Seriously VOTE: Lunar
Lunar Martian
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Lunar Martian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Lunar Martian »

@mod
could you update the OP?

Frog me not paying attention does not justify you trying this hard to throw the game. I'm not going to post in this game for a minute because you're tilting me and I just want to hurl nasty comments at you.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm glad that you're paying attention now. In this game state being Townie is not enough to be obv Townie, there is a scum left who has faked town tells to stay alive.

UNVOTE: Lunar

I'm in the process of meta diving OutWorldER's games.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm 10 pages into OutWorldER's only completed scum game and I can feel myself becoming extremely suspicious.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Spoiler:
In post 302, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 301, OutWorldER wrote:Battle Mage is here too he knows.

but real talk at worst I hammered a VT who was playing anti-town and at best we caught scum.
Nope please do not minimize your quickhammer. The bad thing about them is that they mess up the normal flow of games/wagons and cut off our discussion time, which is especially important in this type of game where there wasn't much content to go off of
In post 306, Flavor Leaf wrote:I fucking love it. Lock towning Outer, lol
In post 307, Titus wrote:Non lmh - Probably scum, would vig as useless if not scum. This is where I would push if I were queen.
benhalkum - hopefully scum
Battle Mage - Lean town
OutWorldER - Lean town, was prob town before the hammer. I can see it coming from town.
hessian - VLA can't read.
wiyvern - Holiday can't read
NoPowerOverMe - Lean town, the fight with Ben could be S v S distancing though.
Rannygazoo - I think I have said enough here. Lean scum.
superbowl9 - I want to say town but everytime I do, my gut cringes.
Titus - Please don't shoot me.
Flavor Leaf - Gambiter. Plays an aloof style. Wait and see.
Alchemist21 - Solid town
Andresvmb - Gtmh town. Holiday lack of posting though.

Yikes you guys take a look at this character. I don't know how the rest of this game goes but I know OutWorldER rolled scum because I can see the scum PT.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Okay I've seen enough

VOTE: OutWorldER
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

Votecount 4.3

OutWorldER(2)
~ (57), (25)

Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (5)
ejjinami(1)
~ (2)

Not Voting (3): Gamma Emerald(7), joqiza(2), Luca Blight(26)

With 7 alive it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 4 deadline is in (expired on 2021-01-30 19:40:55)

MOD REMINDERS
Prodding Joqiza

FLAVOR
frame 31 out of 19035
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GeorgeBailey
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:27 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I think OutWorldER is not thinking far enough ahead to realize they're within the PoE which is why they seem so calm.

I think the setup is balanced around Ejji being a potential negative utility as a role stopper because they can block the traffic cop on accident, and the traffic cop is unreliable as well because of the hood.

I think Momrangel may have used OutWorldER's role in her claim (OutWorldER is scum motion sensor.)

Luca and Ejji have town told a lot more than OutWorldER.

If OutWorldER is a miselim and doesn't like that then he can try posting more than the moderators IMO.

OutWorldER's main strategy in his only scum game was lurking out the game, and everything he's said and done in this game was well within his scum range. WELL within his scum range.

I haven't looked at all of his town games yet, but the big theme game I read he was obv towning.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I don't think there's anything wrong with executing OutWorldER, Ejji can rolestop Lunar tonight if it's wrong.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I'm likely dead tonight so the three people not voting can sheep my read and if it's wrong you can blame me and you get another chance tomorrow with more info.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

@mod
I think there was a miscount, Ejji is voting OwER not Joquiza.
In post 1902, ejjinami wrote:VOTE: ower

not set. Just placing this where I think it’ll hit
ty -GB

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”