clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:21 am

Post by clidd »

In post 247, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I might have to replace out.... Still trying to balance between school, life and this game

more later today
Idk if you would have reasons to feel discouraged as town here.

You just need to express your opinion about who is towny/scummy to you, even if it is based on tone alone. I don't think there is pressure on you to play.

Generally speaking, I would say that the feeling I had is that you don't like to play as scum and feel pressured to participate in the game in a more expressive way, because in the current gamestate town is slowly finding each other and this makes it very difficult for the scum side to play if they fail to enter the townblock or drive a miselim. The more time that passes, the worse the scenario gets for scum and town gets closer to a PoE solve. Which would explain the lack of motivation to return to the game, since you are already far behind and is being suspected by more than one player.

Obviously, this is speculative and I believe that you are telling the truth about your possible time/energy problem, but that does not indicate your alignment. You can be speaking the truth in both alignments. I still need to take a look at your history as a player to better contextualize about how you play and whether this type of situation has occurred in the past.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 am

Post by clidd »

In post 248, Umlaut wrote:Fuzzy, please don't threaten to replace out. Do it or don't, but don't say anything about it in thread, per site rules.

As I recall Fuzzy was serious limbait in the other game we sort-of played together, Mini 2014, somehow managing to get himself eliminated on Day 1 after claiming cop in an open setup without a counterclaim. (I say "sort of" because I replaced in on Day 2, so I read the earlier posts but I wasn't really there for them and we never interacted.) Might need to go look at their posting in that game again and see if whatever got them scumread is similar to this game.
It's a good example, but the game is from 2018 and Fuzzy's style may have changed a lot since then.

I'll take a look to see if I find anything suggestive in 2020-2021.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Lenora-

I do not like how she is just going along to get along in and . She pretty much agreeing with the players she is addressing and not adding much else. Not sure if she is just coasting town or coasting here. is bad .To me it very much feel likes she is trying to earn town points. The only real thing that is reading town to me is her push for more info on DK.

Zufy
- His read on Chumbo is just bad . I would expect more from a more experienced player. Not sure how anyone can get from drunk posting and lurking to scum. This seems like a huge leap in logic. Him avoiding the question in gives me any confidence in him as town. It is true scum lurks but so does town. I am not getting how he is splitting the difference in the two. reads very much reads as scum wondering if the replacement will make or push for him or me. is a surface read of a few players. This was a chance to give a clear and rational reason of his town reads and scum reads. and is hard to read. it is very much possible that he was setting a reaction test but to me it feels a bit like he is defending his bad RVS post and I dont get why.

Dakoba
- the first few post of Koba were blah. 150 is okay I guess. I would like to hear what exactly the approach Zufy took that gave Koba the scum read. I like the pressure she is putting on Madisha here . I read Koba other posts and honestly, there was nothing there. I dont what to make out of her drop in quality

Chid-

I am skeptical about his based on meta as meta can be manipulated. and . I like the pressure on Zufy to clarifying his thinking . I can see how he got a scum read on me however i dont think three posts can give a player a decent read on a player. - I like his line of reasoning here. He makes a good point about Zufy Chumbo read. I disagree with his read on my but as I said I can see how he got there. Gut reaction from 200 and 201 feels like it is coming from town. 201 feels like a come from a scum favoring player who drew town
I like in 212 that he is trying to form strong town allies for the process of P.O.E. - like the push on Lerona for clarity here, Also like how he trying to sort her here
I really like his over thought process though we disagree on some things. To me I am leaning very much town . I am not sure why anyone would think he would be scum given
everything overall.

more later......
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:31 am

pedit

Zufy= should say that it does not give me confidence in him as town.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:39 am

Clidd/Umlaut
I do not think I played alot in 2020. I just finished a game as scum. It might help you if you insist on going on meta.
Here is the linkhttps://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85197
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:40 am

ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:43 am

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 195, Zulfy wrote:As I said before it was an attempt to not give up all of my stakes when applying pressure. I was asked if Fuzzy was my other scum read when I mentioned my envelope, I didn't want to make it clear whether or not he was an RVS vote or not right away, I wanted to be able to apply pressure to others.
Vote Fuzzy
I just found this and I'm not exactly sure if I like this stance that Zulfy is taking. Like now it's slowly turning into a "setting up targets" feel that I really dislike.
imagine having the userid "ben dover123"
what a userid i respect it a lot
~Alisae
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:46 am

sory wrong game. here is my scum game
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84894

as i said though I think that meta is questionable and needs back up with other proof coming directly from the game. just my humble opinion though
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

DKKoba has been banned. Finding replacement.
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
発熱が死因 然れば早期に躊躇すべきだったと知る放火犯
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

In post 258, Sirius9121 wrote:DKKoba has been banned. Finding replacement.
. . .
~Alisae
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: none

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by nepenthe »

i'm here, i'm alive. need to catch up, sorry everyone.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

Cabd replaces DkKoba, please welcome them!
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Cabd »

Greetings, gentle beings.

Hi fuzzy, long time no brutally murder!
Show
Have retired for good; Life is too busy to have time or energy for mafia. It was fun~

And then, a Miracle, a Dance Game and a flight of fancy struck, one more game into the abyss
ben dover123
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
ben dover123
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by ben dover123 »

Why hello there.
~Alisae
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by nepenthe »

In post 249, clidd wrote:I think your takes so far have been logically good, Maduisha, and your approach to the game seems to have changed. You are more perceptive of the events around you, which is a positive sign. There was an evolution in your mindset.

In relation to Lenora, your observation about the genuity of a possible town!Lenora seems persuasive, but I'm trying to limit myself before seeing the slot as town atm. The reason is that if she were a newbie and we were in a newbie game, I would probably see the behavior that you pointed out as difficult to be simulated by a newbie!Scum mindset, but considering this is a normal game, it is very easy for her to be an alt of a regular player engaging in a newbie narrative to stay off the radar (as scum), or has some other particular goal to act in such way (like testing a different playstyle, as town), but in both scenarios I don’t mean to underestimate the slot, especially since I don’t know who she is. I need to see more of her interactions with the game to be more confident about my accuracy of read on her, whether town or scum.
In post 180, Zulfy wrote:Can u tell us why
and yea sure let me go ahead with that:

Eloisa: Town just the whole thinking seems to line up with reality, which is to say her logic is the same as my logic so we're good. If I town read anyone it's her.
Koba: The sort who wolfs as town or scum.
You: The same as always, i.e. verbose and such. I will be patient.
Madoisha: Seems okay for now. Appreciating the effort.
Ben dover: Have honestly completely skipped past em in my skimming.
Umlaut: Nothing out of the ordinary. Kinda just waiting to see what happens here. The more he posts the better the game will be I think.
I'm forgetting two people idk who tho
In post 249, clidd wrote:I think your takes so far have been logically good, Maduisha, and your approach to the game seems to have changed. You are more perceptive of the events around you, which is a positive sign. There was an evolution in your mindset.

In relation to Lenora, your observation about the genuity of a possible town!Lenora seems persuasive, but I'm trying to limit myself before seeing the slot as town atm. The reason is that if she were a newbie and we were in a newbie game, I would probably see the behavior that you pointed out as difficult to be simulated by a newbie!Scum mindset, but considering this is a normal game, it is very easy for her to be an alt of a regular player engaging in a newbie narrative to stay off the radar (as scum), or has some other particular goal to act in such way (like testing a different playstyle, as town), but in both scenarios I don’t mean to underestimate the slot, especially since I don’t know who she is. I need to see more of her interactions with the game to be more confident about my accuracy of read on her, whether town or scum.
i feel like this is
so much talking
to express a simple idea, which i usually think is scum indicative. town is generally way more to the point, as they don't have to try too hard to look like they're contributing whereas it's in maf's best interest to maximize everything so it looks like they have "content" and are proactive. i call bluff.

In post 180, Zulfy wrote:Can u tell us why
and yea sure let me go ahead with that:

Eloisa: Town just the whole thinking seems to line up with reality, which is to say her logic is the same as my logic so we're good. If I town read anyone it's her.
Koba: The sort who wolfs as town or scum.
You: The same as always, i.e. verbose and such. I will be patient.
Madoisha: Seems okay for now. Appreciating the effort.
Ben dover: Have honestly completely skipped past em in my skimming.
Umlaut: Nothing out of the ordinary. Kinda just waiting to see what happens here. The more he posts the better the game will be I think.
I'm forgetting two people idk who tho
something about these reads feels weird to me. zulf, why do you think umlaut posting more would improve the game?

and then just based off skimming a bit earlier, people i'm liking this game for their content insofar as it feels sincere and from a town perspective: maduisha, lenora. i don't like how many people are attempting to cast doubt on whether len's confusion/questioning at the start was genuine; on the bright side, i don't see anyone caring enough to embed themselves into towncore this early by trying to discredit their partner like that and i don't sincerely believe anyone's reading her and genuinely scumreading her so i think she's town which means looking in the people pushing on her (even just passively) is probably worthwhile. madu seems to be consistently trying to understand the game in a way i think is sincere and towny - don't get the feeling she knows more than she should, if that makes sense.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:27 pm

Post by nepenthe »

i don't know *how* i manage to always mess up quoting but, hopefully that's readable/coherent.
nepenthe
nepenthe
none
Townie
nepenthe
none
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by nepenthe »

oh also, chumbo's entrance into the game with a joke feels good to me in that i think town is usually less concerned w/ how they enter a game versus mafia being too aware of what they're saying and how they might be perceived in early game so i really like that and am inclined to townread it. koba's slot - sorry to refer to it as koba's slot, just unsure of who has it now (i know someone does, i'm just lazy/forgetful) - pointed out that chumbo had "town vibes" which i think is a valid read obviously but i was wary of them not explaining it combined with the very lackluster/underwhelming response to my early push so i'm wary of that slot right now.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:36 pm

Post by clidd »

Thanks Fuzzy, I look forward to see more impressions from you.

It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but you have successfully planted a seed of doubt in my mind.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by clidd »

i feel like this is so much talking to express a simple idea, which i usually think is scum indicative. town is generally way more to the point, as they don't have to try too hard to look like they're contributing whereas it's in maf's best interest to maximize everything so it looks like they have "content" and are proactive. i call bluff.
Sirius9121
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Sirius9121
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Sirius9121 »

zulfy prod
余命数か月ばかりの恋に点滴で扶養する患者達
被害者の甘い期待を弔い悔悟の機会を躊躇うドクター
所以など行方知らず未知の病巣に臥す患者達
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by clidd »

Ok, now it's up to Cabd and Zulfy to post their thoughts, especially Zulfy.

I'm feeling that Zulfy is currently reflecting me as more scummy than Fuzzy/Nep, so I don't intend to change my vote until I have some update on my read.

Btw, welcome to the game, Cabd. I hope you enjoy your stay.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:20 pm

all my thoughts are based on page 5 and on....same as the above list

Umlaut

liking the push back on Zulfy here. This is something that needed clarity. is weak. I am not getting why he is town reading Maduesha . If it because of her previous post there was nothing in particular that would push for a particular alignment. I found her post pretty null. I think the read needs a better explanation. I would say the same thing about his strong town read on Clidd in . He seems to be interacting with Clidd a lot and I dont know if it because he trying to form a town alliance or if he just budddying him. feels a bit vague. what exactly about Clidds reads that he likes? 248 seems odd to me. He scum reads me then suddenly remember that in my old game I was lunchbait. Not sure what to make of this sudden revelation.

Ben Dover
not liking this a lot because his read on Nepthe is based on meta and I already explain why I dislike pure meta reads. His Leona and Madeusha reads are pretty basic and not very flushed out. His read on me and Zufy seems very much cut and paste with everyone else's. In fact the whole post just feel like he is just agreeing with everyone else. the overall way he was apologizing seem weird to me. The abrupt 180 here feels off . Just a day ago he was scumreading Zulfy. The timing seems odd as well. Maeusha just put a vote on me pushing my wagon ahead. This really feel like he jumping ship because he wants to jump on my wagon. Feels very optunistic. - back on Zulfy. Ben seems all over the place with his Zulfy read and I am not sure what to make it. Part of me feels like he being opportunistic and trying to figure out what figure out what is the best miskill and part of me think it might be his norma sorting
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:23 pm

Hi Cabd..... been a while
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:31 pm

@Clidd
I am taking 12 credits this semester so school is keeping me busy. Friday Satuarday and Sundays are my free days so those days will likely have better post as I will have more time to post, Those A's dont magically appears out of nowhere.

Nep seems very blah off hand. I will dive into his post hopefully later today. He doesn't seem to be very active/ Maybe he like me and is just busy with life. Definitely like to hear more from him
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:43 am

Post by Maduisha »

Hm, I see, I hadn't considered the possibility of alt accounts. Well, I understand that you want to continue the evaluation of the slot and especially not townread based on newbie behavior, but a part of what I pointed out before has to do with the way she approached DK's slot rather than the newbie posting, so I would like to know if you found it towny too or if I'm alone in this.
In post 252, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Lenora-
I do not like how she is just going along to get along in 128 144 and 225. She pretty much agreeing with the players she is addressing and not adding much else. Not sure if she is just coasting town or coasting here. 129 is bad .To me it very much feel likes she is trying to earn town points. The only real thing that is reading town to me is her push for more info on DK.
So you think she's coasting as either alignment, and trying to earn town points. Do you scumread her? Do you have any suspicions that would earn your vote?
In post 252, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:177 reads very much reads as scum wondering if the replacement will make or push for him or me.
I can see what you mean by this, but at the time of Clidd's entrance you were already building up as alternative wagon to his (because he was pushing you and Clidd's slot), so I saw it more as Zulfy trying to find out whether his read of Chumbo as potentially scum with you was correct by poking Chumbo's replacement with questions about you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”