Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Mini Normal 2196 - Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Welcome to
Mini Normal 2196

Set-up made using Normal Guidelines. Roles were randomised using this.

Playerlist

Featherless Biped
Klick
Ydrasse

PookyTheMagicalBear
Dannflor
Da Dude
Entrapta

Titus
Amélie

DrippingGoofball

Flea The Magician
AliceK

geraintm

Gretchen
VFP
April Ludgate

RLotus
clidd
Artemiana

LlamaFluff
bugspray

HypoSoc
Almost50
Solon
MiniMegabyte

Bold
indicates confirmation. Asterisk* indicates a prod.
Strikeout
and small text indicates replacement.

Spoiler: Alive
Flea The Magician
Vanilla Townie
survived and won
clidd
Vanilla Townie
survived and won
RLotus
Vanilla Townie
survived and won
VFP
Vanilla Townie
survived and won

Spoiler: Dead
Hyposoc
Vanilla Townie
Eliminated
day 1[/color]
Featherless Biped
Town Even Night Gunsmith
Killed
night 1[/color]
DrippingGoofball
Town Night 1 Psychologist
Eliminated
day 2[/color]
Gretchen
Town Novice Detective
Killed
night 2[/color]
geraintm
Mafia Encryptor
Eliminated
day 3[/color]
PookyTheMagicalBear
Town 2-Shot Neapolitan
Killed
night 3[/color]
Titus
Mafia Goon
Eliminated
day 4[/color]
LlamaFluff
Vanilla Townie
Killed
night 4[/color]
Almost50
Mafia Odd-Night Gunsmith
Eliminated
day 5[/color]

Spoiler: Sample Role PM(s)
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Last edited by Not_Mafia on Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:57 am, edited 58 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Game Rules

(stolen and modified from Human Destroyer, who stole them from Tierce, who stole them from Glork and Magua)

General Rules
  1. All site-wide rules apply.
  2. Play to your win condition.
  3. I do not tolerate personal attacks, I will be more strict about this than most moderators. Remember first and foremost this is a game, find a way to vent your frustrations that doesn't lessen the game for others; attack the playstyle, not the player.
  4. Do not attempt to impersonate the moderator. My moderator colour is
    #0040FF
    , do not use it.
  5. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread. If there are faulty tags in your post, I am happy to fix them
  6. Do not quote any form of external communication in the game thread, including, but not limited to; role PMs, private topics and moderator communication. This specifically includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is permitted. If in doubt, ask.
  7. Do not discuss the game outside of this game thread; unless I have given you explicit permission (this includes private topics).
  8. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or anything to obscure any content beyond reasonable expectation (e.g. Spoiler tags are fine).
  9. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
  10. Do not attempt to bring any external influences into this game. Including, but not limited to signature bets and promises of real life rewards.
  11. Claiming scum by yourself is fine. Claiming scum with others is not, regardless of the truth of this claim.
  12. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule.
  13. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and will not win with your faction, regardless of the outcome. Modkills made during a day phase will generally punish the offending faction (A modkill on town will end the phase, a modkill on scum will not), however, circumstances depending, there may be exceptions to this.
  14. No set of rules can be all-encompassing. I reserve the right to take any action at any time, for any reason. And change or implement any rule as I see fit (this will be announced).
  15. My job and goal as a moderator is to provide my players with an enjoyable experience. If you have any questions or issues about the game, rules, players or me as a moderator, you should never hesitate to PM me.
Activity & Deadline Rules
  1. If a player goes 48 hours without posting, they will incur a prod. Prods will be announced in thread.
  2. If a player does not respond to their prod in thread within 24 hours, or receives 3 total prods. They will be replaced.
  3. If you will be V/LA, please alert me in the thread or via PM.
  4. The first day phase will last two weeks, each subsequent day phase will last 10 days.
  5. Each night phase will last two days.
  6. In the event deadline is reached before an elimination has occurred, there will be a No Elimination.
  7. I may extend deadlines in the event replacements must be found, at my discretion. This will be announced in-thread.
Voting Rules
  1. Votes must use vote tags or
    bold
    (VOTE: Not_Mafia or
    Vote: Not_Mafia
    ). If you do not wish to eliminate, you may vote for a No Elimination. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, it counts as a vote.
  2. Unvotes (UNVOTE: Not_Mafia or
    Unvote: Not_mafia
    ) are appreciated, but not necessary.
  3. Once a majority of votes is reached (50% of living players + 1), that person is eliminated.
  4. If a player has been eliminated, the game will be in Twilight, you may continue to post until I enter and officially end the day.
  5. When at an even number of players, a No Elimination will occur when half of living players vote for a No Elimination.
  6. If you are dead, you are allowed a single "bah" post. This post may not contain any content and will be deleted and reported to the list moderator if it does.
Game and Set-up Specific Rules
  1. This game will follow the Normal Guidelines
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:46 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Whoops
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:51 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

First!

VOTE: bugspray
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:53 am

Post by MiniMegabyte »

14 days gives us plenty of time I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where the first day has been 14 days long
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Choo choo
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
AliceK
AliceK
Goon
AliceK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:59 am

Post by AliceK »

In post 4, MiniMegabyte wrote:14 days gives us plenty of time I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where the first day has been 14 days long
That's a lot of time indeed. Let's hope we will manage to eliminate Mafia.
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:38 am

Post by Gretchen »

heeeeey lmao VOTE: AliceK. why do you think mini pointed out the deadline being long Alice?
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:09 am

Post by Gretchen »

Day 1: dear diary, i saw Alice online and thought i'd hit her with a question but then she went offline. maybe she doesn't like me ):
2 week deadlines are crazy to me. i could start up a village, burn it to the ground, and then start up another village in that time. it's a looot of time. at least we'll all be good friends and know each other reeeeeallly well by the end of this. maybe TOO well. idk about you diary but i dunno if i wanna be friends with all these people. there's some sus sounding names on that plist. like entrapta. what's she trying to trap... ta?

as for me? i got town again haha. don't think i should say my role here bc sometimes i drop my diary and menacing maf could read it, but i like it. i mean it's not maf so by default it's golden in my eyes. no gamma or italianooooo to bully this game, but i, wait no, not bullying, that makes me sound mean. no gamma or italianoooooooooo to catch this game. it's fine. maybe i get to take down GERAINTM as maf. we'll see.
AliceK
AliceK
Goon
AliceK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:40 am

Post by AliceK »

In post 8, Gretchen wrote:heeeeey lmao VOTE: AliceK. why do you think mini pointed out the deadline being long Alice?

Because other deadlines are shorter. He had to play shorter game. Good observation Gretchen.
Entrapta
Entrapta
Townie
Entrapta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:43 am

Post by Entrapta »

Sorry, know you weren't sure about outing it, but I'm in a neighborhood with April Ludgate.

VOTE: Gretchen

You are an imposter, an evil double. Who is the real *Gretchen*?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:54 am

Post by geraintm »

hello all. think ive played with a few of you recently?
anways it is the 20th today, month is just flying by
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Ydrasse »

widepeepohappy

VOTE: gretchen
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Gretchen »

the real Gretchen is fleeting. like a dream. hi ydrasse!
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Gretchen »

In post 10, AliceK wrote:
In post 8, Gretchen wrote:heeeeey lmao VOTE: AliceK. why do you think mini pointed out the deadline being long Alice?

Because other deadlines are shorter. He had to play shorter game. Good observation Gretchen.
not what i was getting at lmao, but i like that you actually went and did the research
Gretchen
Gretchen
Goon
Gretchen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:09 am

Post by Gretchen »

VOTE: geraintm very astute observation on it being the 20th today. we can't have smart thinkers like you go by unnoticed
HypoSoc
HypoSoc
Townie
HypoSoc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:33 am

Post by HypoSoc »

Many people are familiar with Descartes famous declaration "Cogito ergo sum" (I think, therefore I am), whether through the subjects of jokes, or through exploratory studies of famous philosophers in school, or through general cultural osmosis. What is less often accurately portrayed is the context for this declaration, and the utter profundity of its implications.

To diverge a tad, the science and study of knowledge and its acquisition is known as "Epistemology." Epistemology concerns itself with the questions of "what do we know?" "how do we learn?" and "how can we be certain that what we know is true?" Cursory studies of the subject will reveal that it is actually very hard to come up with strong proofs of knowledge, and that it is logically consistent for everything we think we know to just be a tower of coincidences with no ultimate foundation. We, as a civilization, have "known" this for almost 2500 years at this point, as it was a topic of contemplation for the Pyrrhonists of Greek Antiquity. (If one is interested in this subject, I recommend looking into "the problem of induction" and "the Münchhausen trilemma").

To get back to the point, Knowledge is HARD, and Skepticism seems to eviscerate any attempt at surety. Any given "fact" could be a lie or a mistake or a coincidence. To the existentially inclined, this can be a point of paralysis. But Descartes was able to identify a lighthouse in the swarming abyss of truth: that the EXPERIENCE of THINKING necessarily proves there is SOMEBODY to EXPERIENCE IT. Perhaps all you know is a lie. You could be a brain in a vat undergoing an experiment. Everything you see and feel could be the strange delusions of a comatose space whale. Perhaps 2+2 is 5, but a deficiency in the human brain prevents anyone from ever realizing. Nothing is certain, because the very tools you have to interpret the world, your senses and your reasoning, cannot be proven to work.

But what you can know, beyond this pale void of ignorance, is that YOU exist. Even if you are mad, or diseased, or deceived, or if every experience you feel is tainted and broken, there is a YOU to experience. And from this certainty we can begin to think and dream and live once again.

So, like Descartes, stumbling, grasping, for any source of truth, when all knowledge is lacking at the start of the game, I will cling to the self evident truth:

DrippingGoofball has a funny name! Let's get them out of here!

VOTE: DrippingGoofball
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:59 am

Post by Artemiana »

Egoego

VOTE: notmafia
Artemiana
Artemiana
Goon
Artemiana
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:05 am

Post by Artemiana »

THE GODS DEMAND THE BLOOD OF A TROLL.

my vote shall remain here until I find a sufficient sacrifice
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:26 am

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: hyposack Image

i would tr atremiana for also sharing a personal disdain for n_m but ultimately in this context that is NAI

hey mm thanks for the respect vote <3

so goofy you choo chood after sheeping the mm rvs vote, what do you hope to accomplish?
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by RLotus »

VOTE: HypoSoc
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by bugspray »

lotus do you think scum are more likely to have more awkward itneractionsw ith eithother compared to lother slots in the fiest fiew pages ebfore they hight he corrext vube?

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
RLotus
RLotus
Mafia Scum
RLotus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by RLotus »

In post 22, bugspray wrote:lotus do you think scum are more likely to have more awkward itneractionsw ith eithother compared to lother slots in the fiest fiew pages ebfore they hight he corrext vube?
Perhaps inexperienced scum
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by bugspray »

what are your thoughts on

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”