She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Andante »

In post 324, Egix96 wrote:
In post 302, Egix96 wrote:I still need to have a proper look at osu
Have now. Would say town at a guess but it's a super weak lean.
what makes you think osuka town? ( I know you said it's a weak read)
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:14 am

Post by bugspray »

andante there's nothing wrong with being confident in your reads early
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:17 am

Post by Andante »

In post 326, bugspray wrote:andante there's nothing wrong with being confident in your reads early
There's everything wrong with sticking to those and refusing to consider anything else, (yes I'm considering an ivy town world) like, you're locktowning someone and refusing to consider them as scum? ok what.... the game JUST started... no one should have a lock town this early...

also, half of me wants to yeet the VT claiming guy specifically cause they said they're going to do it every single game to make it a thing, and they haven't done anything game related...
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:22 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

so you think im funny huh nice pocket attempt wont win me over
In post 323, Andante wrote:I don't even understand what she was trying to say there, I read the context, laughed at what you did with her, "shadow casting is premature for me saying one opinion on you" this has me like "what???"
"you seem eager to blow smoke over me" this part feels like she's more frustrated she isn't the only funny one??

I really just don't even get this post, thus ignored it
if i tell you that anya was being serious here, and that it was a legitimate reaction to me saying that she hasn't even voted me yet, how would that change your opinion?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:22 am

Post by bugspray »

yeah gerain is weird i've played with him a few times and he sort of doesnt do shit until he suddenly does

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:25 am

Post by Andante »

In post 328, humaneatingmonkey wrote:so you think im funny huh nice pocket attempt wont win me over
In post 323, Andante wrote:I don't even understand what she was trying to say there, I read the context, laughed at what you did with her, "shadow casting is premature for me saying one opinion on you" this has me like "what???"
"you seem eager to blow smoke over me" this part feels like she's more frustrated she isn't the only funny one??

I really just don't even get this post, thus ignored it
if i tell you that anya was being serious here, and that it was a legitimate reaction to me saying that she hasn't even voted me yet, how would that change your opinion?
I'd still say I'm waiting on more content from her, and I want to talk to Anya later
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:25 am

In post 329, bugspray wrote:yeah gerain is weird i've played with him a few times and he sort of doesnt do shit until he suddenly does
what are you doing and what's ur motive right now
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Andante »

In post 329, bugspray wrote:yeah gerain is weird i've played with him a few times and he sort of doesnt do shit until he suddenly does
lol that sounds great! like, no joke, if he does nothing here, I'm gonna yell till we yeet him, cause I'm getting the impression from him he's going to claim VT/play like he doesn't care every single game, just so that when he's maf, he can keep this "play style"

Gerain... I'd love to see an actual effort from you
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:29 am

Post by Andante »

VOTE: geraintm

Actually, this is better motivation to get you to do something
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:39 am

Post by bugspray »

hem are you even capable of townreading me

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:41 am

thats not related to the question but interesting pivot
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:55 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 333, Andante wrote:VOTE: geraintm

Actually, this is better motivation to get you to do something
Nope, that ain't going to work....

Like, I am voting and all...
But there i nothing to go on during day 1 so you'll just have to wait till votes nd flips are for more substantial from me.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:59 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 283, geraintm wrote:
In post 279, T3 wrote:I don't see a scum gerain just openly saying this.
i'm playing the long con. i'll keep saying it as town until the one time i am scum....
You missed my attempt at humour here. In my last game, I made a claim early. I think everyone believed me.
Then people spent the rest of the game going "wouldn't it be annoying if geraint was scum" and then voted me out...

I dont plan on doing it every game....honest
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:25 am

Post by Ivyeo »

@Bug where are your reads right now
Ivyeo
Ivyeo
Goon
Ivyeo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Ivyeo »

In post 316, Andante wrote:I mean, I wouldn't call her town for " i had them as town and their posts just kept being towny" like, feels like maf with an agenda to me... usually if you TR someone you work with them to find scum? not just ignore their posts
In post 313, Andante wrote:
In post 311, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 304, Andante wrote:The only post I like from Ivy is the reads list, but it's like, I almost just forced Ivy into posting that, idk. Not a huge fan of how Ivy had no comments on the monkey's reads, but was ready to jump at something I said like "next post is my reads" like, feeling like you have tunnel vision for me after calling me town with a wrong read? idk, I could be overthinking now, might lay off the Ivy pressure for a bit to see what happens, that slot just gives me bad vibes lol and at the same time, some slots aren't really saying anything I can recall. I prefer late game. Cause at the start, we can straight up vibe, then content happens, then boom easy to find the final scum... just need to get there lol
I didn't comment on them because I didn't have much to say, i had them as town and their posts just kept being towny, do you want me to say "I Agree" to every post that looks towny?
idk, I mean, it feels like you're genuinely ignoring a lot of people, like, you fully believe in your TRs? that game just started... that's shouldn't be a reason to ignore what your TRs say?? (I hope this makes sense) like, just cause you outed a TR on someone, do you plan on keeping that TR all game? people can have wrong reads...
Both fair, though I *am* still reading what they say and all that, and I could change my mind later, I just had no immiediete responce to what was being said. If they say something that changes my mind or I want to go further with then I'll do that.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 325, Andante wrote:
In post 324, Egix96 wrote:
In post 302, Egix96 wrote:I still need to have a proper look at osu
Have now. Would say town at a guess but it's a super weak lean.
what makes you think osuka town? ( I know you said it's a weak read)
Spoiler: Title of this song
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 7:04 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 257, humaneatingmonkey wrote:vibe check:
Anya - scum read x2
bugspray - town read
T3 -
Andante - scum read
geraintm -
Ivyeo -
Egix96 -
osuka - scum read
choof -
Dunnstral - town read
InsidiousLemons -
Umlaut - town read

For now, I want everyone to declare what they're doing and what their motive is. I'll go first.

Right now, I don't think there's enough information to go divide the town into two wagons, but I also want everyone to use their votes and see where the game state leads. I'm also trying to be more familiar with everybody right now. Anya feels like scum trying to look like town, while also the player who looks like they're playing a scum wincon the most. I got this vibe from bringing up town roles so early in a very fishy way "for reaction", and how she's been using RVS information so far.

Ask me anything.
what are your TRs of dunnstral and bugspray based on? what is your SR of andante based on?

my action is posting in the thread and my motive is trying to find scum, and if that wasn't what i was doing i sure as hell wouldn't admit it. what are you trying to accomplish with this question?
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 7:08 am

In post 317, humaneatingmonkey wrote:if it's not a scum post, it was a town post. she can be town for now.
this is a terrible way to play mafia.
In post 319, humaneatingmonkey wrote:there are only three ways to read posts. scum, town, or either. if it's not a scum post, it's a town post. but agree to disagree.
this argument doesn't even follow. if it's not a town post there are still, by your own admission, two options left: null and scum. thinking in such binary terms as "if a post isn't explicitly town AI then it is necessarily scum AI" will get us nowhere
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 7:12 am

ivy leaning town
In post 334, bugspray wrote:hem are you even capable of townreading me
well i don't like this one bit
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 7:13 am

In post 150, Andante wrote:
In post 148, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 144, Andante wrote:You commented on a bunch of lines, I wanted the tldr recap not "here's my thoughts on a bunch of lines"
i am once again begging you to not automatically ignore and refuse to reread posts that cannot be read in <30 seconds
choof's posts on anya are not nearly long enough to merit a tldr
I mean, I think Anya is a million times better than Ivy, soooo
In post 281, Andante wrote:
In post 244, InsidiousLemons wrote:@andante can you point to any specific posts from anya that you think are town
I need time for my Anya read honestly, I would have bet on Anya flipping town last game, so I'm honestly just a little lost on her right now, once I'm caught up I'll re iso her, but she tricked me so good last game....
yeah no this isn't going to fly. there was a reason you said that anya was "a million times" better than ivy, and i want to know what it was. last game you also had a history of stating reads emphatically and then retracting them, and i'm not going to let it happen again
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 7:14 am

In post 336, geraintm wrote:Like, I am voting and all...
But there i nothing to go on during day 1 so you'll just have to wait till votes nd flips are for more substantial from me.
In post 342, InsidiousLemons wrote:this is a terrible way to play mafia.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Umlaut »

Going back to page 9, maybe osuka's isn't exactly solving the game but it seems like a natural reaction to kind of a flippant reply to me by bugspray. Also bugspray, how on earth did you actually have trouble understanding my original statement in and then say "makes sense"? When I vote someone and say in the same post "They are doing this thing I would not expect for town" you really need me to say explicitly that that thing is my reason for scumreading and therefore voting them?

Agreed geraintm effectively saying they aren't going to play on day 1 is bad. It's a bit brazen for scum but not unthinkably so. Also premature VT claims are gross but I need to run the numbers to see if they're actually scum-indicative.

Lemons' is both informative and gamesolvey and makes me like them for town; I'm not feeling the Anya shade and it reads almost like they should be explicitly scumleaning her instead of saying she's still null, but overall I like it.
In post 252, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Anya
Hahaha so much scum vibes
Not an auspicious intro
In post 270, humaneatingmonkey wrote:that "that "you're not even voting me" shadow casting is premature for me saying one opinion on you" is premature for me saying one opinion on you

you seem eager to blow smoke over me
Come on, this comeback is just lazy, do better.
In post 286, Andante wrote:
In post 269, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 265, Andante wrote:I didn't feel like it was a genuine question. like, the posts look like "busywork" and I literally still stand by it. Ivy hasn't gotten better since I initially called them out, and all yall are just completely ignoring Ivy...
my literal next post was a list of reads, are you jsut going to ignore that?
I. WAS. CATCHING. UP.
Having caught up, does Ivy's next post affect your read at all?
(Never mind, you answer this in )
In post 304, Andante wrote:The only post I like from Ivy is the reads list, but it's like, I almost just forced Ivy into posting that, idk. Not a huge fan of how Ivy had no comments on the monkey's reads, but was ready to jump at something I said like "next post is my reads" like, feeling like you have tunnel vision for me after calling me town with a wrong read? idk, I could be overthinking now, might lay off the Ivy pressure for a bit to see what happens, that slot just gives me bad vibes lol and at the same time, some slots aren't really saying anything I can recall. I prefer late game. Cause at the start, we can straight up vibe, then content happens, then boom easy to find the final scum... just need to get there lol
I didn't comment on them because I didn't have much to say, i had them as town and their posts just kept being towny, do you want me to say "I Agree" to every post that looks towny?
This is relatable in a way that makes me want to townread it (if only a little); also HEM pointing it out immediately in is a good look because somehow it seems like the sort of thing I would fail to notice as being towny if I were scum (I feel like that is poorly explained on my part but I don't know how to explain it better); conversely, Andante refusing to accept it as towny and even trying to argue it's somehow scummy in is not so great.

Can someone tell me if it's typical for Andante to have nearly twice as many posts as anyone else in the game? In my experience that can be a stronger towntell then most people give it credit for but it depends on the player.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 8:51 am

In post 346, Umlaut wrote:Can someone tell me if it's typical for Andante to have nearly twice as many posts as anyone else in the game? In my experience that can be a stronger towntell then most people give it credit for but it depends on the player.
i can tell you that she was a very prolific poster in the one game we played together, in which she was indeed town. had a skim through her meta to see if that applies to her other games as well, but she sadly has no scum meta as of yet. she's less vocal in her other games, but they're all newbies except for the one we played, so it's hard to say. for what it's worth, this andante feels quite a lot like the one from the previous game to me.

re: and andante's reaction to it: it may just be me, but i didn't find particularly AI on first read, either -- monkey calling it town caught me off guard, and it was only upon going back and rereading that i understood what felt town about it. andante's medium of origin is chat mafia, so she tends to have a very post-by-post playstyle. she also tends to read posts at face value. i can see this criticism of 311 and 312 coming from a town!andante who just didn't bother to analyze why someone might find 311 towny. i don't think this is very strong evidence one way or the other, but that's my 2 cents.

@other rotitgbsmod veterans in the thread, feel free to chime in as i'd quite like to hear your thoughts on andante's playstyle this game as compared to last.

town points to monkey for catching subtle (or subtle to me, anyway) towniness in 311 that i didn't at first. scum points for... most of his other posts.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 252, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Anya
Hahaha so much scum vibes
In post 270, humaneatingmonkey wrote:that "that "you're not even voting me" shadow casting is premature for me saying one opinion on you" is premature for me saying one opinion on you

you seem eager to blow smoke over me
In post 286, Andante wrote:
In post 269, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 265, Andante wrote:
In post 201, osuka wrote:
In post 153, Andante wrote:I mean, these are your lines in specific I hate. literally feels like textbook scum, feels very emotionless, trying to be "helpful" I see it all the time. You think lines like this will have people going "oh that's very pro towny" like, it feels like you are trying to coast... and I don't like it

Spoiler:
In post 94, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 93, choof wrote:
In post 90, geraintm wrote:so, 4 pages already that i can safely ignore.
this is what, game 2+2+1+1?

it worked so well in my last game i'm going to do the same this one. i am VT.
i should be probably add a sarcasm tag to that
weird post
Good Post
In post 114, Ivyeo wrote:
@MOD
Is the Highlight just the biggest wagon?
In post 130, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 122, Umlaut wrote:
In post 95, InsidiousLemons wrote:for the record, the day modifier is considered normal on MS, provided the role that it ap plies to is also considered normal.
I would be really surprised if this is true. What's your source?
Modifiers which are explicitly Normal for any alignment include:
Activated, Announcing, Ascetic, Backup (with or without primary role present), Bulletproof, Combined, Complex, Compulsive, Disloyal, Enabler (with or without primary role present), Indecisive, Informed, Lazy, Loud, Loyal, Macho, Multitasking, Neighbor, Ninja, Non-Consecutive Night, Personal, Roaming, Simple, Weak, X-Shot, any modifier restricting to a specific set of nights (e.g. Even/Odd Night, Night Specific, Novice)
Day is not listed, so it's not inheriently normal
In post 139, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 136, Umlaut wrote:
In post 133, choof wrote:
In post 130, Ivyeo wrote:Enabler (with or without primary role present)
what the fuck lmao
I don't actually see how this is wtf-worthy but then I've been hanging around long enough that maybe it's just Stockholm syndrome

In short, a role is either normal or it isn't, it doesn't depend on what other roles are in the game. So sure, you can have a normal game with two Millers, a Deputy, a Cop Enabler, and no Cop. It would be a terrible game but it would satisfy the strict definition of normal.
This is making me Giggle, idk why
ahahahahahahahah what the fuck

you're ACTUALLY saying a post asking the mod a question is a scumtell? this is hilarious
I didn't feel like it was a genuine question. like, the posts look like "busywork" and I literally still stand by it. Ivy hasn't gotten better since I initially called them out, and all yall are just completely ignoring Ivy...
my literal next post was a list of reads, are you jsut going to ignore that?
I. WAS. CATCHING. UP.
Lemons can be town for now
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Umlaut »

ugh why does Safari want to quote every post I've ever pressed 'quote' on. Ignore all the quotes, that was just a one-liner
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”