Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also this game shows why you 10000% always punish quickhammers. you don't let that shit slide. scum only got as far as they did because no one punished any of them.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I messaged the mods at around 9am but thread didn't get unlocked until 11 which is when the quickhammer instantly came out. I was disappointed because I wanted to at least know mini's n1 target, and was leaning towards believing it.
I prefer they, thanks :)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Yeah game is lowkey compromised so no need to consider it a real L ;)
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh yea for sure not my fault mhm yep
MiniMegabyte
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
MiniMegabyte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by MiniMegabyte »

Well that was interesting
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Did I win?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 1880, Nero Cain wrote:Did I win?
No, Julius Cane won.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm murderizing sigmund immediately if he ever pulls this shit again
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no redactions from me. The whole 24-hour w8 thing is dumb.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:07 pm

In post 1882, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm murderizing sigmund immediately if he ever pulls this shit again
This is actually quite fitting for the Ace Attorney character that's in your pfp
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

er how? I'd envision that as a Blackquill line tbqh
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Sigmund
Sigmund
Goon
Sigmund
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Sigmund »

In post 1864, Anya wrote:can't believe sigmund got away with two lolhammers plus trying to bait one on me in rvs plus declaring himself basically confirmed town today

just gotta be in awe really

You might not have realized it at the time, but you walked into the Sigmund Fan Convention and my Abs are too good looking to eliminate.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:48 pm

In post 1886, Sigmund wrote:
In post 1864, Anya wrote:can't believe sigmund got away with two lolhammers plus trying to bait one on me in rvs plus declaring himself basically confirmed town today

just gotta be in awe really

You might not have realized it at the time, but you walked into the Sigmund Fan Convention and my Abs are too good looking to eliminate.

They are not.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1863, shiki wrote:and sorry town, this one’s on me across the board
I was worried that you might figure it out. You were the best thing town had.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:28 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1873, DkKoba wrote:You NEVER lock thread before counting votes. And if you do - its only because you're going to count votes RIGHT AFTER.

It was terrible and helped scum gain an advantage in this case.
This has never been universal or even strongly accepted practice on site, and I’ve been in my share of games where a mod has incorrectly locked thread early and only unlocked later due to being busy irl. It’s never been a determining factor in the result in my opinion, and I strongly reject the suggestion that it compromised the game.

If you have concerns along those lines, I suggest making a complaint to a listmod, otherwise kindly refrain from diminishing the scumteam’s performance.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:41 pm

Post by VFP »

What PRs did scum have?

I still think town underestimated how strong masons with protect powers are, even if Macho.
A cop on top is just insanely town sided.

I didn't want to argue it in the game, as the fake guilty on me would make my counter argument just meh. However, Rae coming into the day with a meta argument that they don't fake claims, while having no meta to back it up should have been a scum sign. I was expecting someone to pick up on it, as again, if it was me saying it, it would have just been discredited.
Rae also made it pretty obvious to be appealing to the town read players, and this isn't just because I knew it was a lie, it's something I would have picked up on even if Dwlee was the fake guilty.

I'll also explain my thought process to self voting since 2 players wanted to play it off as game throwing.
I had a guilty claim on me and I was confident that the masons where town unless we only had 1 PR, and that Shiki was just an appeal from Rae, making them most likely town.
Even if Shiki was scum, the influence would mean I'm the lim 100%.
There had to be scum in Dwlee and Nero although I suspect both. Town want to be more cautious in this situation and Nero showed his scum side with the vote, and that's why I felt comtable going to bed without unvoting as 2 scum were on me.
It was either I get limmed or get the scum team (which it did). I'm not one to promote this kind of play on Elo as a standard but replacing in at Elo with no scum flips to work with and just a fake guilty on me, I had to attempt to work out the team with the least threat of losing the game.
I was then going to go through with looking into the scum and their ISO to help suggest why I should be believed, but after Dwlee and T3 made up their minds before I had a chance to do this I knew it would have been wasted effort and decided against this.

TLDR - I had low risk to be scum hammered here with the information that I personally knew.

Thanks for subbing me in, and thanks for the game all.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

VFP I think you should have made the arguments if you felt like no one was noticing the points. It's better you say it than no one at all, and towards the end I really just got the impression you were flailing/trying to throw the thread into disarray with all your "I could be town... Or scum" it just felt really awkward.
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Post by VFP »

In post 1891, Dwlee99 wrote:VFP I think you should have made the arguments if you felt like no one was noticing the points. It's better you say it than no one at all, and towards the end I really just got the impression you were flailing/trying to throw the thread into disarray with all your "I could be town... Or scum" it just felt really awkward.
Yeah maybe so. It normally works out worse when I try to explain in game for me.
As town I give the facts rather than a push there. Again, I can back this up as meta and show where when in games but self meta is just really meh and I try to keep it to a minimal.
My point wasn't so much there's a real chance I'm scum, but more of what you're
PoV on me is. I can see how it comes across but I was more surprised that T3 didn't town read me considering I feel they know the obvious parts from my town to scum game.

Also, I'm not taking anything away from me helping in this loss. I'm still trying to get better at explaining my stances or giving better reasoning to scum as a whole.
You can catch the scum team, but it means nothing if you can't get them voted up.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

sig was "informed" that you were all macho. Rae and I were goons.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

honestly? I think I'm above a goon. I've been here 10 years and I'm still a goon, WTF? You would think that I would have worked my way up the ladder by now but noooooooooooooooooooooo. I'm still just a lowly goon. The fucking disrespect!

VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:43 pm

Post by VFP »

That makes sense, i did say you probably knew that there were Machos.
I was actually expecting a rolecop though, so I guess even more credit to scum for a clean win here with what town had.

:pedit: :lol: I guess the boss just wasn't happy with putting your fingers in his personal cookie jar!
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:37 am

In post 1894, Nero Cain wrote:honestly? I think I'm above a goon. I've been here 10 years and I'm still a goon, WTF? You would think that I would have worked my way up the ladder by now but noooooooooooooooooooooo. I'm still just a lowly goon. The fucking disrespect!
I thought you were Game of the Year?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1889, Menalque wrote:
In post 1873, DkKoba wrote:You NEVER lock thread before counting votes. And if you do - its only because you're going to count votes RIGHT AFTER.

It was terrible and helped scum gain an advantage in this case.
This has never been universal or even strongly accepted practice on site, and I’ve been in my share of games where a mod has incorrectly locked thread early and only unlocked later due to being busy irl. It’s never been a determining factor in the result in my opinion, and I strongly reject the suggestion that it compromised the game.

If you have concerns along those lines, I suggest making a complaint to a listmod, otherwise kindly refrain from diminishing the scumteam’s performance.
Ive been modding games for a while now and its bad mod practice stop pretending otherwise.
You dont lock threads without being sure its hammer.
retired
VFP
VFP
Mafia Scum
VFP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:52 am

Post by VFP »

I wouldn't even lock on a hammer.
I just want people to talk to! :<
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Menalque »

I'm not "pretending otherwise", if I were I wouldn't have used the words "
incorrectly
locked thread early" or have characterised what happened in this game as a mistake, which it was.

You're entitled to not be happy about it and to complain about it, that's fine. Don't call the integrity of the game into question over something that was, I think, very much inconsequential to the outcome, and don't suggest that I'm pretending it was anything other than a mistake when I'm clearly not.

Again: it was a mistake. It's a mistake that happens at the very least not
irregularly
on site. It's not a mistake that had a big impact on the game, if you disagree, again, feel free to contact a listmod, but stop trying to litigate the point here. Ydrasse and I are humans, we make mistakes, so does everyone. You're very welcome to simply not play in any games that I'm moderating for in the future.
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”