Mini Normal 2216 | Screaming | Post-game!

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:40 am

Post by OutWorldER »

PT Links:
nomnomnom Notes: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86924 (will not release without permission)
Mod PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86914
Mafia PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86916 (Waiting for all members of the mafia to consent or (expired on 2021-06-29 15:40:24) to pass)
Dead PT: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86918
Review Thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=86498 (Waiting on implosion to public the thread)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2248, Kerset wrote:why n1 kill?
I am very unsure. Bambi chose it and I went along with it.
I prefer they, thanks :)
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:42 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Spoiler: Big wall of mostly pre-typed mod thoughts
Setup Thoughts:

The setup passed review with no notes or changes by the reviewers. As I noted in the submission PM, I intended for this to be a mostly "vanilla" low-power setup that simply played with modifiers and combinations I found interesting. Combined Hider Bodyguard is a role that I want to use again, because I find it interesting the decision making that goes into using a role like that. Seeing how the game played out and reading the Mafia PT, I do think that in hindsight an IC of some sort would’ve been better than the Simple Vig, as it would’ve had the same effect of self-confirming without the swing that comes with a Vig, even as restricted as the one we had.

I am disappointed the Complex Fruit Vendor got no usage at all; I want to revisit that some day because I like the idea of essentially a role cop that doesn’t get its results instantly and has counter-play that doesn’t involve night actions.

Mafia complained a little in both their factional PT and dead PT that the setup felt a little unfair because it was one FV + 2 goons versus 4 power roles but I think their complaints are skewed simply by the bad hand they were dealt with from the start. In reality, the detective got zero results of use, the Combined HB got executed, and the Universal Backup died instantly afterwards protecting somebody. Some of this can be attributed to town playing too fast and not really considering PR claims at all, but I think it’s also a function of the low-power nature of the setup.

Modding thoughts:

Obviously, there was the one big blunder that most likely was the reason Bambi got slapped by the Vig. However, besides that, modding this felt smoother than my previous game and I felt less anxious sending PM’s then I did last time. They were also faster, in general.

It would be negligent of me not to switch to an automated counter for future games. I like using Excel (I just, like using it, I don’t really have a good reason for using Excel over an automated counter, I just like entering data into charts like that.), but this is my second modded game and I already feel like I’ve made too many VC errors across those two games.

I had thought I’d need a backup mod to handle things for my birthday on the 19th and the following days but it ended up not being needed so Datisi just kinda chilled in the mod PT for a bit then left. Didn’t have 5 million replacements like last time, so that’s a plus.

Play thoughts:

As said, scum were dealt a pretty shitty hand with a day 1 scum elim and Rathe flaking. VC blunder into vig shot true combo didn’t help either. That said they played extremely well. Bambi using her prior meta with Almost50 to cause chaos in the thread was a sight to behold and I was caught off guard how fast the tables turned on HEM and nom who I had considered to be in fairly good positions at that point with how well they were doing in terms of being TR’d and leading discussion.

I believe Town’s biggest stumbling here was overconfidence. Town leaders were doing a good job providing and drawing out content and accumulating TR’s but rode the high of a day 1 scum elim too long and ended up unable to reconsider their viewpoints at critical moments, resulting in fast days which proved especially destructive when two PR’s were ousted early on.

None of this is to say that Town didn’t play well or have good players. I think with some more caution Town would’ve eventually gotten on the right track as there were players like Kerset who had voiced suspicion of Dwlee99 and had the days not moved so fast perhaps a more through prodding and poking of that slot could’ve been had.

Overall, it was anyone’s game for the majority of it, and I thought it was a good game from my perspective, blemished only by my own blunder.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 2248, Kerset wrote:why n1 kill?
That was me. I picked someone who didn't say enough to be recognizable but wasn't a complete lurker either.

You keep loud people like Monkey around for awhile, and get rid of people like Kyouko who's opinion is more close to the chest.

Plus she seemed smart so bye bye her.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:46 am

Post by T3 »

AIEEEEEE I WAS TREATING DWLEE AS IC
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:47 am

Post by T3 »

I saw someone mention it

ughughughugh
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

The frustrating part of the setup in my opinion was that there was the bodyguard and the backup. If detective got a guilty day two and town didn't lolkill Seanzie, we wouldn't have been able to kill the slot til night four, giving the detective two more results. The fruit vendor also had the potential to be misleading, because if we had found seanzie with it we would have also wasted a night kill shooting him which would have been very bad for us.

A lot of my frustrations were more when I thought there was also a psychologist in the game, cause that would have been ridiculous. I think in general I just get frustrated as scum when I feel like my night kills are "forced," (which after the first one they pretty much were) but I think that might amount more to a playstyle thing than a balance thing.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:54 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Gg I thought dwlee saying tic tac toe in first post was a mason crumb for t3 lol
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Well the vig was predictable from there being a detective. Almost probably wouldn't have even been believed as much or he would've actually gotten shot by scum if, you know, it wasn't me there.

I kinda outted him and we both went down cuz of it, ironically.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:58 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Yeah now that you mention that combined HBG and the Complex FV could've gone wrong. As I mentioned in my big wall, I also believe an IC instead of the vig would've been more appropriate here as well.

Overall I can't really say I'm overly pleased nor exactly discontent with the way the setup played out.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

With less then 48 hour dayphases (in one case less then 24), we had a very exciting quick mini atleast.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 2260, Elsa Jay wrote:With less then 48 hour dayphases (in one case less then 24), we had a very exciting quick mini atleast.
who are you?
giv me pagetop :(
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:03 am

Post by OutWorldER »

I put the game in my signature and then both forgot to make sure my signature could be seen and also forgot to update it at all.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Just read dead thread: I don't think I hammered almost @box. I'm pretty sure it was t3 who did that.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

In post 2261, Kerset wrote:
In post 2260, Elsa Jay wrote:With less then 48 hour dayphases (in one case less then 24), we had a very exciting quick mini atleast.
who are you?
An ease dropping sister.

Hope to play you again Kers. Hopefully as town next time.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Thanks for modding btw! Was a lot of fun.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:11 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Dwlee99 wrote:Thanks for modding btw! Was a lot of fun.
Thank you for playing. I once again apologize for the Almost50 mishap.

I'm considering modding a theme/open of some kind. I found a post from a while ago (that I can't find again) talking about an anonymafia game where the anti-town faction was a cult that took over the accounts of the players it assimilated and I want to find that game because I kinda want to run that.
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:15 am

Post by boxxy »

@Dwlee

Ah you're right, I thought this was the hammer, but you were already voting him at that point.
In post 1682, Dwlee99 wrote:I'll do you one better monkey
VOTE: Almost50
Goodnight
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:22 am

Post by boxxy »

@Dwlee the slow play you did the last 2 days was just agonizing to watch from the dead thread lol. I really want HEM to come back to this thread and share his reaction. Just absolutely pocketed.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:27 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Do you think I could have gone faster? I wanted to make sure I didn't seem to be rushing a win (like the accusation max made on HEM)
Seanzie
Seanzie
Goon
Seanzie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Seanzie »

Good game all!

Congrats scum! Especially Dwlee, I think you did very well here.

Thanks a lot OutWorldER for the game, you were a great host, VC's and PM replies were very quick, which is always appreciated.

Thanks everyone. Sorry I was a bit of a butt about being TK'd.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:59 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Sad game. Oh well.
GG scum!
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
boxxy
boxxy
Goon
boxxy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:10 am

Post by boxxy »

In post 2269, Dwlee99 wrote:Do you think I could have gone faster? I wanted to make sure I didn't seem to be rushing a win (like the accusation max made on HEM)
Honestly no idea, I think you probably played it right. You were so townread by others that you probably _could_ have gotten away with playing faster, but the slow play was probably safer.
cyrus62
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
cyrus62
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:19 am

Post by cyrus62 »

yay we won
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:25 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Stopped reading from the dead thread around end of D3 or something, spoiled the last scum for myself and was totally shocked, wp dwlee (and scum as a whole)
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”