MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2396, geraintm wrote:
In post 2391, MathBlade wrote:G played good except shoulda waited one more day. Legit had no idea you were IC.
i flipped start of day 3, i had no control over when it happened.
Right lol derp
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2398, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Wait so Math are you just a goon? 3 goons vs IC/FN/BS?
This was more balanced than most Ms setups.

I will take it lol.

Kyo definitely deserves MVP for first and last days.

Dwlee is best in the middle :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I didn't know day was a normal modifier.
I prefer they, thanks :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It is yeah. Pretty sure. There’s a list on the wiki
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1512, T3 wrote:
Titus died in the night. She was a Town Babysitter.
omo died in the night. They were a Vanilla Townie.
geraintm is publicly confirmed by the moderator to be town.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Activated

If you want to get really technical only night is but day specific is implied just normals have no day roles.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Activated I think covers it though
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Well day vigilante wouldn't be normal to my knowledge, so I'm unsure how day 3 innocent child is technically normal. "Night 2 Innocent Child" would be though to my knowledge.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It might not be but it was pretty minor impact.

I have played so many I sorta glossed over it.

They could add it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Guess that’s a question for the reviewer since normals have to have a reviewer
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Ahh Isis and Mastina :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I agree that whatever it is should be normal, but day vigilante should not be. So I think maybe it was just misnamed?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Maybe. Lemme see if Isis or Mastina can provide feedback.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

As in I think "Compulsive night 2 activated Innocent child" might be the technically correct way to make the role normal but is wordy.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That would trigger when night 2 starts. Probably an outdated wiki maybe.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I think cause activated resolves at end of the night it would be revealed at the start of day 3 like intended.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Maybe? I can see it either way. I guess depends on wording/mod? Needs normalizing too I think.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Let me be 100% clear here town played very well. :) Please don’t take any of this the wrong way definitely a gg.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I think the day modifier on an IC has always been a thing and that it's just an oversight that Day is not marked as an explicitly normal modifier specifically for the IC role.
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by T3 »

MathBlade was eliminated. He was a Mafia Goon.
The town has won!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:28 pm

Post by T3 »

Isis suggested I should use Day 2 IC in place of a Universal Backup [my original design had a Mafia Neapolitan also]
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by mastina »

Hi I reviewed this game.
In post 2402, Dwlee99 wrote:I didn't know day was a normal modifier.
Technically, this is true so you can blame reviewer oversight on this--
In post 2404, MathBlade wrote:If you want to get really technical only night is but day specific is implied just normals have no day roles.
Innocent Child is a bit unique in how it works.

By default, a non-modified Innocent Child is a passive role, revealed as town at the beginning of the game, as soon as D1 begins.

There are multiple mechanics you can use to change when this confirmation happens. Activated turns the IC from a passive role into an active role (one which, by default, has no specified timeframe of activation, tho that depends on the wording of the role PM).

Night-specific, a role modifier that is Normal, reveals the IC on a specific night, with it working instead of at D1 like the default, to instead trigger later on the specified night.

However, night-specific for IC can be a little bit...tricky, in its wording. Does it reveal at the
start
of the night, or the
end
of the night? I'm not sure which is standard, or if there actually IS a standard.

Day-specific is technically not Normal (and thus technically should not have been passed), but in effect is an extension of the above, which places it at the end of the night rather than the beginning. IC is basically the only role which can use the day-specific modifier (literally the only other role I can think of which could possibly make use of it is an Informed), and it is presumably this lack of roles which can use Day-specific for why it is not technically Normal.

Generally speaking I would assume most reviewers see a day-specific IC and automatically assume it's okay as a role and work on balancing the setup, neglecting to double-check to make sure that day-specific is actually Normal. Or at least, I can tell you that's what happened here for me; I didn't even think about the Normalcy of a day-specific IC and was more concerned with the balance of the role.

We'll see about bringing the topic up in the NRG tho. Both for activation time of a night-specific IC and for if a day-specific should be Normal as a modifier for the few roles that it works with.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2417, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think the day modifier on an IC has always been a thing and that it's just an oversight that Day is not marked as an explicitly normal modifier specifically for the IC role.
Basically, this.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Roden »

GG town!

Math played it really well but I think trying to scapegoat Kyouko at the end backfired due to me being the first NK. Kyo mostly got it right that I died because I scum read Math, but I also fake softed a PR.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 984, Roden wrote:I feel like I've either mind melded with Math or I'm getting manipulated hard. I'm super uneasy that we're agreeing on a
lot
of things now, even stuff I haven't directly said. Idk how to describe the potential technique here entirely, but I feel like he's done something where he tried to break me down with suspicion and pressure, then raise me up by slowly town reading me and agreeing with a lot of things I've said. And there were a few things earlier that I brought up to him that he never responded to and let get buried. With all the conversation leading he's done, he could be power wolfing. I'm also just really susceptible to pocketing, Jake got me way too easily in our last Mini Normal and on Day 1 too.

Or, we just naturally clicked after a rough start and he's just really strong as town. And I hate being paranoid of someone who seems to be on my side because then I feel bad. He seems more trustworthy than OMO too and I've been getting a strong feeling there's one scum between them due to their interactions.

This is real fucking rough but I'd rather put my trust in Math Day 1 regardless. I ultimately don't have a reason to want him gone over OMO especially when OMO does look scummier, especially with Manatee's case on them which I thought was pretty compelling. I understand this is just kind of a ramble, but I wanted to put it out here since I'm finding myself stuck between the two of them and trying to figure out who to trust. Especially with OMO voting Manatee and Math voting Marci, this could actually be between town and scum today with these wagons.
I was really hoping Kyouko would bring this post up when ISO diving me lol. My paranoia was spot on and I don't think Math thought it was worth the risk of trying to pocket me especially when I was getting town read and softing a PR.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2420, mastina wrote:Hi I reviewed this game.
In post 2402, Dwlee99 wrote:I didn't know day was a normal modifier.
Technically, this is true so you can blame reviewer oversight on this--
In post 2404, MathBlade wrote:If you want to get really technical only night is but day specific is implied just normals have no day roles.
Innocent Child is a bit unique in how it works.

By default, a non-modified Innocent Child is a passive role, revealed as town at the beginning of the game, as soon as D1 begins.

There are multiple mechanics you can use to change when this confirmation happens. Activated turns the IC from a passive role into an active role (one which, by default, has no specified timeframe of activation, tho that depends on the wording of the role PM).

Night-specific, a role modifier that is Normal, reveals the IC on a specific night, with it working instead of at D1 like the default, to instead trigger later on the specified night.

However, night-specific for IC can be a little bit...tricky, in its wording. Does it reveal at the
start
of the night, or the
end
of the night? I'm not sure which is standard, or if there actually IS a standard.

Day-specific is technically not Normal (and thus technically should not have been passed), but in effect is an extension of the above, which places it at the end of the night rather than the beginning. IC is basically the only role which can use the day-specific modifier (literally the only other role I can think of which could possibly make use of it is an Informed), and it is presumably this lack of roles which can use Day-specific for why it is not technically Normal.

Generally speaking I would assume most reviewers see a day-specific IC and automatically assume it's okay as a role and work on balancing the setup, neglecting to double-check to make sure that day-specific is actually Normal. Or at least, I can tell you that's what happened here for me; I didn't even think about the Normalcy of a day-specific IC and was more concerned with the balance of the role.

We'll see about bringing the topic up in the NRG tho. Both for activation time of a night-specific IC and for if a day-specific should be Normal as a modifier for the few roles that it works with.
Bringing up this and the everyone lives would be a good idea. A simple clear rule for each or modifying the wiki before start of a normal that relies on evens is a good idea :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”