Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Prism »

In post 3992, Aristeia wrote:well for feedback, honestly when you joined the game I was kind of happy to see you and then from your posting I immediately felt a sense of dread and fear. It was like a violent reaction in my soul - it felt like something bad was coming. I can't really explain that feeling?

Usually when I read your posting I can feel the goodness and the light, here I just felt a weird sense of fear in my gut.

You've said many times before that you don't enjoy being a town dictator and it was almost jarring in a way how you entered the game - it didn't feel uninformed to me, and it could be true you're just a much better town player than I am so when you emulate your town game it looks informed to me when really it is just how you play?
I've spent a lot of the past week chewing on this. I wanted to follow my more recent meta as of late, which skews a bit aggressive, and fully expected a split down the middle for people townreading it and people scumreading it. I thought that was about the best I could really do for an entrance, and thought that the real mistakes came later as I took shortcuts realizing the table would not punish them appropriately. To some extent you also don't want to be universally townread Day 1 as scum.

Because of this, I initially put little weight into you scumreading me on that basis of "foreseen, but approximately the best available option" both during & after the game. I've put a lot of thought in this the last week, and I think this was wrong. Yesterday I realized there was a much, much stronger alternative entrance: One that kept all of the strengths of my approach but few of the downsides. I really appreciate you hammering in this tonal scumread and getting me to challenge this assumption.
In post 3992, Aristeia wrote:There were many times I wanted to vote you because I felt more sure you were bad then Meg was but I'm not sure why I didn't. Possibly laziness? Likely a fear in my conviction that I was just hopelessly off base. I just had a feeling that you were making the moves you needed to in order to control the game rather than joining as an uniformed fellow voyager on the quest with us.

I felt badly about your "rage" towards me but I didn't think it made sense? I wasn't sure what I had done to earn such a reaction and it felt performative to me but I did feel badly about making the game unenjoyable for you and everyone else - sometimes my paranoid fits do make games feel unplayably toxic.
This feeling of being on edge/scumreading me but not being able to pin down why beyond tone was intentional: see this post.

It's easy to say you should have called the bluff, but I think this is impossible without stopping and realizing that the associative you were pushing was fatally flawed. Until you got the read on Meg correct, you were doomed to be put in a no-win scenario and exploited. This associative was also propped up by the wrong assumption that I would be worried for some reason given that I was the counterwagon, and that's just never going to be true. Don't put the cart before the horse: I don't trap you like that to begin with if you don't have those wrong foundations, and it's a lot easier to fix the problem working at the origin.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:51 am

Post by Prism »

In post 53, MathBlade wrote:Crap I spent way too much capital defending Prism damn
I am both so glad you thought this too but also sad because it is probably the right call if I were any other player lmao
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:19 am

Post by T3 »

i had terrible reads but at least i baited the nightkill :igmeou: :P
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4002, T3 wrote:i had terrible reads but at least i baited the nightkill :igmeou: :P
I mean, a VT has like 3 jobs: get town read, get night killed, and scum hunt.

You did an amazing job at 2 of those.

You were one of the most widely town read players day 1, and then you were the night 1 kill.

Who cares if your day 1 reads were not great (they were day 1 reads). You did great this game
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Titus »

VT dying n1 with horrible reads is great for the gamestate.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”